Runes of the Raven

Ace Bronson

image.jpeg.4e5cc1b561c1f57407b8ae6c64fd98b1.jpeg

More than a month has passed since the heroes of Sjoldr brought back the sun and banished the influence of the elder god in the lands of the Wolf and Eagle. Stories have begun to spread of their exploits and horns are raised in their names. The warriors have had pause to return to their homes and attend to their affairs as the raiding and traveling season comes to full sail.

A call went out and these brave souls found themselves in answer yet again. This time they travel to the land of the Raven. To Hrafnheim they sail.

Ranulf the Rooster, Hrafning son, is called to serve his clan

Hjarlof Hornblower, Skald from the North is called

Sven One-Eye, Huscarl of the Mountain Hold is called

Ulfgrim Ironhide, Warrior of the Northlands is called

Vilrun Grímsdóttir, Seer and friend of the Raven is called

They come before the Jarl, Folkvar the Wise. He tells them of his need. More than a year ago he sent out an expedition to recover something of great importance to the Hrafning. A powerful set of Runes said to be gifted by Hugin himself many ages ago. Centuries ago they were lost to the clan through treachery and deceit. This expedition never returned nor has word come. Folkvar fears them lost or dead. He asks for trustworthy folk from other clans to aid in this endeavor in case there is some curse preventing the Hrafning from succeeding alone.

The Jarl calls for Arnar, his famed skald to tell the tale and set the scene. A hush falls over the hall and space is cleared in the center. Arnar the Sklad enters the room solemnly, clad all in raven's black with a hooded cloak of Raven's pinions hiding his face. He steps gracefully onto the large banquet table, the sullen glow of the fire's coals highlighting his features dramatically. In a low and sonorous voice that demands attention he begins:

In days of yore, when seas did roar,

And men of valor sought their lore,

Ásmundr, Jarl of Ormrung land,

Called Hildir, lorekeeper, to his hand.

To distant isles his longship sailed,

Where ancient secrets lay unveiled.

But in the heart of darkness deep,

Betrayal's shadow stirred from sleep.

Hildir's runes, of wisdom vast,

Within their grasp, a treasure vast.

Yet Ásmundr, in greed's embrace,

Turned against his trusted place.

Hildir and his loyal band,

Vanished 'neath the groaning land.

Ásmundr, cursed by treachery's blight,

Faded into eternal night.

But whispers spread like wildfire's breath,

Of Ásmundr's sin, of Hildir's death.

The island, shrouded in fear and woe,

Became a haunt where shadows grow.

Now Hrafning's sons, with courage bold,

Set forth to reclaim what's been foretold.

To seize the runes, to right the wrong,

And sing anew their valorous song.

But in the east, where dragons fly,

The Ormrung's secrets, buried nigh.

There lies the truth, beneath the land,

In ancient tales of Hugin's hand.

Thus he spoke of the betrayal of the Hrafning loremaster, Hildir at the hands of the Ormrung Jarl, Asmundr centuries ago and the loss of the Runes of Hugin. There is a reverberating silence in the great hall as the skald walks from the room. To break the spell the Jarl calls for a great feast to be brought forth and for that there is much cheering and stamping. The newly formed expedition is honored in the feast and wished luck by all. Their ship will sail to the forsaken island three days hence.

OOC

Please take some time to RP, acquaint yourselves, gather information. prepare for the journey, etc.

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)

image.png.3103afd1221497ed464c97f3a38200e3.png

ᛋᚢᛖᚾ One-Eye - Oracle of the Stormrjotnrung 5

HP: 36/36 | AC: 22/14/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Fate Points : 3/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +4 | Will: +5

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Fortune: 1/1 | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Active Effects | Consumables | Spells | Abilities | Skills | Curses

"Now that was a fine heart-clencher." the large man says, raising his drinking horn. The torchlight shines from his bald pate, and he wears a leather eyepatch with a scar running beneath. His remaining eye almost glows with intensity, but doesn't seem to stay focused any one place for long. "Betrayal by a trusted Jarl? 'Tis a sad tale, and a great wrong done to Hildir. Odin must have cursed Ásmundr mightily for that." He doesn't seem to be talking to anyone in particular, eye unfocused and gazing far away.

He has the stature of the Stormrjotnrung, and seems to clearly hail from those mountains by accent and manner. What brought him to this hall and this call for heroes to embark on an epic quest is not known, far from his home as it is. But there has been some small legend told of the one-eyed warrior of the mountain-clan, touched by the gods, blinded yet given sight. And perhaps on this journey there will be need of a seer, a fog-piercer, to reveal the deceptions of men and time.

OOC/Actions

Other:

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Hands: Shield and Bastard Sword Drinking Horn

Brynhildr - 120lb

Brynhildr (120.5/228lb):

-Bedroll

-Winter Blanket

-Fishing Kit

-Furs

-Hat

-Mess Kit

-Oil x2

-Soap

-Alchemists' Fire x2

-Feed x5

-Mead, 1 gallon

-Bit and Bridle

-Military Saddle

-Saddlebags

-Longspear

Gear - 81.5lb

Worn

-MW Agile Breastplate

-Cold Weather Outfit

-Eye Patch

-Cloak of Resistance +1

-Valknut Medallion

-Týr's Spear

-Hip Flask

-Boots of Meili

-Ring of Hlín

-Signal Horn

Weapons

-MW Lucerne Hammer

-CI Bastard Sword

-Silver Dagger

-Heavy Wood Shield

Containers

Bandolier

-2x Alchemists' Fire

-2x Oil Flasks

-Heiðrún's Mead x2

Belt Pouch

-Flint and Steel

-Magnet

-Sewing Needle

-Twine

-Whetstone

-Dice

-Thread

-120.2gp

MW Backpack

-Freyr's Rod

-2x Sacks

-Silk Rope

-5x Trail Rations

-Waterskin

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

spacer.pngHjarlof Hornblower Skald of Clan Hvítabiôrning

Hjarlof went home to the North country to inform his Jarl of the doings in the lands of the Wolf and Raven, but also to tell of Gorans loss. Such a mighty man lost in battle was a hurt to the power of the Jarl, but the glory bought with that sacrifice would not be for naught. Hjarlof did not get a chance to see Astrid this homecoming, as she and her father were away on a sea trading voyage to points unknown.

Then one day a summons from the Jarl. Hjarlof was to make haster to the Ravens Rook, his presence had been specifically requested of his Jarl... Apparently he was not to be given the time he wished to mourn his friends passing. The Norns had woven his thread into yet another task.

After some days of travel, Hjarlof arrived at the large and regal hall of the Clan Hrafning. He hoped to see Ranulf again, as Hjarlof had grown to respect him greatly both for his wit and courage.

Arnar of Hrafning. Hjarlof felt like small boy when the Jarl called for his Skald. This was a man of notoriety and well earned fame in the circles of lore. His knowledge and skill at presentation was something to be awed at, and to be privileged to hear him speak on a topic like this was truly a boon Hjarlof would not forget... Nor would he forget the words of the dirge. He committed them to memory.

Then it was over, and the feast was called. Hjarlof had taken a seat with those requested to attend. Ranulf was there, as well as two new faces. The one with one eye spoke first.

"Indeed. The betrayal of one of a clans own Jarl is not a tale to tell openly to foreign Clansmen. This must be a need beyond that of Clan politics, and of that I am greatful."

Hjarlof took a draft of his horn, a single tear attempting to form as he tasted the honeyed mead. He cleared his throat and continued. "I am Hjarlof of Clan Hvítabiôrning, Skald. Am I right in welcoming you as Sven of Clan Stomrjotnrung? I have heard some tales of you, but I must admit to curiosity about you. Few are those who come to be Seers late in life. That must be a tale worthy of song."

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

OOC: Welcome to the Party. Let us eat Cake! 😁

HP: 36/36 | AC: 22/14/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Fate Points : 3/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +4 | Will: +5

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Fortune: 1/1 | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

The man's eyes lock in on his neighbor now, or try to. They're just a little off to the left. "Harlof eh? I am indeed Sven. Well met. 'Late in life' though? You must know something I don't!" He laughs great barrel-chested chuckle. "No, the story isn't so great. Get an eye cut out and wake to find you see a little different now. I won't be winning any archery competitions, but sometimes it feels like I'm good touched. Other times it feels like they're having a lark and need a good laugh with me. I see less that most, but more than some. Mostly I just serve my Jarl." He takes a drink from his horn, gesturing at the skald, "But I've heard something of you, Harlof the Skald. You've many an exploit to your name! Slaying beasts and saving towns. You've the makings of a hero!"

OOC/Actions

Other:

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Hands: Shield and Bastard Sword Drinking Horn

Brynhildr - 120lb

Brynhildr (120.5/228lb):

-Bedroll

-Winter Blanket

-Fishing Kit

-Furs

-Hat

-Mess Kit

-Oil x2

-Soap

-Alchemists' Fire x2

-Feed x5

-Mead, 1 gallon

-Bit and Bridle

-Military Saddle

-Saddlebags

-Longspear

Gear - 81.5lb

Worn

-MW Agile Breastplate

-Cold Weather Outfit

-Eye Patch

-Cloak of Resistance +1

-Valknut Medallion

-Týr's Spear

-Hip Flask

-Boots of Meili

-Ring of Hlín

-Signal Horn

Weapons

-MW Lucerne Hammer

-CI Bastard Sword

-Silver Dagger

-Heavy Wood Shield

Containers

Bandolier

-2x Alchemists' Fire

-2x Oil Flasks

-Heiðrún's Mead x2

Belt Pouch

-Flint and Steel

-Magnet

-Sewing Needle

-Twine

-Whetstone

-Dice

-Thread

-120.2gp

MW Backpack

-Freyr's Rod

-2x Sacks

-Silk Rope

-5x Trail Rations

-Waterskin

"A Hero? That is something others will have to judge in the future. But you spoke truly when you said about serving our Jarl. There is honor in serving those entrusted with leadership." He too took a swig from his horn. "I have lost much, but gained much as well. To chronicle the great deeds of others is my life's calling, as well as to support them in those deeds."

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

OOC: Welcome to the Party. Let us eat Cake! 😁

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider

The weeks at Ranulf's house pas uneventfully. The hacksilver brought by the man is easily distributed, fairly handed, to cover the poultry farm's unending repairs, and many a horn of mead is had. The weeks give the man a meagre opportunity to rest, and even to get once again bored with the life, and as the call, from Folkvar the Wise, no less, comes, he gushes himself much like his namesake and leaves the simple life behind with unconcealed glee.

Clad in a colourful feathered cloak, Ranulf sits at the table, nodding in tone with Arnar's retelling. The saga, or at least parts of it, ring somewhat familiar to the once skald-trained man, but the intricacies of tone and tenor are vastly above his own skill. The message, of treason, however, is not missed on him. He glances at Hjarlof, raising a horn to him, and to new arrivals.

"Hail to you again, singer of the North." , he says with a pleased smile. "You speak true, friend, for to remember tales and sagas is as important as remember as to perform said deeds of note. And besides, you've taken your place in the shieldwall with joy and fury like any hero. And besides, your name has some renown now!", he points towards the towering Storm Raven next to him.

"And hail to you, too, Sven. You speak humbly, but to be here at the call for aid is enough as far as I'm concerned.", the smaller man adds, before reaching in to pile more food into his plate.

Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43
AC 22  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 3  Ref 9  Will 2
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +10(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+3AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 21, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Ulfgrim Ironhide, Warrior from the North

spacer.pngULFGRIM IRONHIDE - Northern Barbarian

QUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=13, FF=18 / HP=55/55 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=9, Reflex=5, Will=6

Ulfgrim Ironhide had received Jarl Folkvar's 'call' to recover the lost Runes of Hugin, as did many other brave souls who were gathered and now listen to the solemn wisdom of Folkvar's Skald as he relates the tale of the missing artifact.

But, as the Skald reveals the truth of the men unworthy of Valhalla and an island where ghostly shadows grow, the normally stoic barbarian uncharacteristically has a wave of goosebumps spread across his back when the story hits too close to Ulfgrim's greatest fear.

Fortunately, the emotions associated with such a quest, as celebrated by a great feast, breaks the spell over the room and, after several horns of strong ale the tale finally relaxes its grip on Ulfgrim as well.  

However, when a one-eyed man at the table speaks of the betrayal and the punishment of the gods, Ulfgrim nods his head in the affirmative but does not interrupt the ongoing conversation.  Nonetheless, when the others formally introduce themselves, the huge warrior follows their example.

Speaking in a deep clear voice, the barbarian says, "Greetings to you all and well met.  I'm Ulfgrim Ironhide, warrior and fourth son of Ulrick Ironhide hailing from the Hvítabiôrning clan of the white bear!"  

Thereafter, the warrior speaks no more but instead listens to the others as the massive barbarian continues his legitimate war against the food and ale on the table, eating and drinking heartily after having spent so long of a time recently at sea.

Mechanics

Move Action:

Swift Action:

Standard Action:

Move:

Free Action:

Continuing Effects: None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Seeing Ranulf as if he had just appeared, Hjarlof get up and walks around the table to the Eagle, clasping forearms with the man, a big smile on his face. "It is good to see you will be joining us my friend. When the call went out, I was hoping you would be chosen. You do your clan well by your deeds."

"And Hail to you, Clansman Ulfgrim," says Hjarlof raising his drinking horn. "It will be good to travel with another Bear though, Norns willing, it will be a smooth voyage."

Then, he noticed a stranger with deeply tanned skin and a pair of piercing eyes, feathers and other unusual ornamentation. "Hail Friend. Come, and sit." Hjarlof waves the outlander over, "Share some drink and tales. Your manner and movement seem familiar... But I fail to place you in my memory."

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

OOC: Donating the following to the ship stores:

Potion of Touch of the Sea x6 300gp Sea Aster and Purslane Gin
Potion of Remove Sickness x6 300gp Ginger-Lemon spirits
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x8 400gp Fortified Honey Mead

Picked up a climbing Kit for my pack

Rolled Lore(Sagas of Jarnheim)31 for more recollection of the tale we have just heard

Rolled Know(History)25 for info on the Runes (Powers and the like)

Rolled Know(Geography)22 for info on the Island

Edited by Xssisha
Knowledge rolls (see edit history)

HP: 41/41 | AC: 24/14/21 | CMD: 22/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Hero: 1/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

"So a Raven, two White Bears, and me, eh? You are all men named in song, and I'm just a soldier, god-touched for better and worse. It will be an honor to stand beside you." He raises his horn to them, but seems excited. He's not sure exactly why they came to him, living his simple life in service to his Jarl. But when Hotr Whitemantle calls your name, you go. "A sea voyage though. I've spent most of my life in the mountains, and I've little stomach for the sea. Here's to the weather being fair and the waves gentle." Another drink.

"Ah, I almost forgot, my Jarl sent a gift." He pulls out a well-made dark wooden box with decorative bronze trappings. These would have weathered and dulled on the journey here, but clearly the big man has taken the time and care to polish them properly. Inside the box are divided rows of small, stoppered flasks packed in straw. "Heiðrún's mead we call it. Puts the stomach at ease. And an ale we call the 'Brew of the Brave'. Of course, none of you would need that!" He laughs heartily once more, and drinks and listens as the others speak.

A bit later he looks toward the jarl's seat at the head of the table, "I say, that flame-touched woman seems to be looking over at us." His eye dances around in her direction. "I get a feel of the Urðr from her, for good or ill."

OOC/Actions

Other:

Consumables Requisitioned:
-2x Runestone of Sightless Seeing (Scrolls of Ashen Path)
-5x Alchemists' Fire
-6x Brew of BraveryPotion of Remove Fear (1/party member)
-6x Heiðrún's MeadStillgut (1/party member)

Sundries Requisitioned:
-(In addition to what's already listed on the thread)
-Climber's Kit
-Campsite Kit
-Tent Cover
-Tent (Small)
-Fishing Kit
-Fishing Net
-Furs

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Hands: Shield and Bastard Sword

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

Weapons

-Cold Iron Hammer
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

Vilrun Grímsdóttir

image.jpeg.4d1dea0e4137a280735c6843b0cd7566.jpegThe woman with fiery hair had reveled in the tale: it was a treat to hear Arnar's rich voice weave the story of ages past into the present.

But it had left her troubled as well. What Ormrung secrets? Is that why they called me?

Two years she had spent amongst the Ravens, and she called it home. But she would never belong like someone whose great-grandfather had warmed his feet near the same family hearth...

She was indeed looking at the men now, watching the symbols and threads dance around them, trying to make sense of them.

She swept in, the ruffle of her robes lost in the din of the hall. Said robes bear raven symbols, yet she wears a dragon brooch.

Some may have heard of her, a Seer formerly of the Ormrung, the Dragons.
In turn, she had met Hjarlof briefly in the past month, haloed as he was in the honor of his achievements - he had been commended publicly, as an example to Ravens aspiring to glory.

"Wotan's blessing on you, warriors" but even as she says it, she notices something odd about Sven's aura - a shroud, something generally seen around seidr and seidkona. Not just a warrior, perhaps?

"The Norns have decreed a Völva must be present on this journey, and I, Vilrun Grimsdottir, will uphold the Wyrd."

She frowns, considering the threads again. This meeting was to happen, she sees, but already fate is spinning in a new direction.

"I sense... something missing, or someone. But all will be revealed in time."

Sitting down with them, she casts the rune-engraved bones, extracted from her pouch, for the first time - but far from the last - in their presence.

Actions

Casting Heightened Awareness prior to making Knowledge checks

Edited by namo (see edit history)
Name
Arcana
1d20+15 11
History
1d20+12 11
Religion
1d20+14 11

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.8fa4c237be2d7be835cabd1a88f7c595.jpeg

The feast in the great meadhall draws to a close, many guests sleeping where they fall. All are slow to wake the following day but soon preparations are underway in earnest. There is much bustle at the docks where the captain of the Shield Maiden, Sigurd Thorson, is bellowing orders and preparing the ship for the voyage. The days that follow go quickly as all is made ready.

When the day comes to set sail there is an odd combination of tension and excitement. the crew say goodbye to their families and the unspoken truth that they may not ever return hangs in the air. The members of the expedition are treated with respect by all as they step down into the ship and take their places.

Sigurd shouts his orders and the Shield Maiden pulls away from land and heads out into the tall fjord towards the open sea. The sea voyage is expected to take around a week, so everyone settles in for a long voyage and prays to Thor to temper his wrath for a spell...

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)

image.jpeg.e82003b2c45a6ed2cec2cab260328acd.jpeg

In Þór's hall, Mjölnir's strike resounds,

His anvil's beat, lightning unbounds.

Skies darken, seas churn, longship sails,

Warriors' might against Þór's gales.

Alas, Thor was unable to contain himself for so long a time. Though he is a god, is he not plagued with the same passions as a man might be? He cannot be expected to be mild and tempered at all times only for the convenience of men on a sailing ship. Five days into the voyage the skies turn an ominous black and the winds pick up. The crew scrambles to prepare for the incoming storm and when it hits, it is indeed like mjolnir upon an anvil. the winds howl and lash, rain drives in sheets and lightning splits the sky. The crew spend an exhausting night fighting the squall and preventing the ship from foundering in the crashing waves. One man is lost overboard in the worst of it but they persevere.

The storm carries on into the dawn hours, but it has lost its ferocity. Everyone is exhausted, battered and soaked. they collapse to gain what rest they can, and in that state they drop their guard.

Out of the dark and stormy dawn there comes a loud crash and the whole ship lurches treacherously. Another longship has crept up out of the darkness and smashed along side the Shield Maiden snapping oars like twigs and raking the hull. Over the edge pour a host of howling reavers, brandishing boarding axes with murderous glints in their hungry eyes. The crew of the Shield Maiden only have enough time to spring to their feet and ready their weapons before the pirates are upon them. One man among them seems to carry himself with more deadly grace than the others. He is bald and has a cold, evil look in his eye. He wields and axe in each hand and doesn't look like he plans to take prisoners...

image.jpeg.52923f9d432c13f104054099708246ca.jpeg

OOC

Combat has begun. No one is surprised. you are all standing with weapons in hand. Please roll initiative in the discord dice channel. If you beat the NPCs you may act before them, otherwise, wait til they've acted.

There is a larger battle raging around you, other reavers are fighting your captain and crew. because of that, and because of the continuing storm the deck of the ship is considered difficult terrain. each square costs double and you may not charge.

GrayOwlFinal.jpg.3eefbd675679ccad5a4af476bd1ead90.jpgGrey-Feather 🪶Hunter and Spirit Guide 🪶

AC: 20  HP: 38/38  Fort: 5  Ref: 9  Will: 7  Init: 5  Perception: 10

Male NG Human (Shaman 2/ Slayer 3)

Level 5, Init 5, HP 38/38, Speed 30, AC 20, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, 

CMD 21, Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 7, 

CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 4

+1 Composite Longbow +11 (1d8+2, x3)
Tomahawk (Throwing Axe) 9(1d6+2, x2)
Long Spear 9(1d8+2, x3)
+1 Mistmail (Chain Shirt) ( +5 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 15, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 14

Conditions:

Wide, bright-yellow eyes stare back at Grey Feather from mere inches away in the darkness beneath the hempen tarps that protect the ship's livestock and cargo at the stern of the ship. The owl's stark expression of concern after the ship is suddenly rocked, mirrors his own. Their thoughts are like one.

"Hollering...?! Battle...?!! A RAID!!!" the stowaways think together, in unison.

Grey Feather braces himself as another wave shoves the ship sideways causing the dank, wooden floor to lurch back in the other direction. His stomach churns. The night was not pleasant. He shakes off the feeling of nausea and the recurring thought of how much he hates these damned ships.

He focuses. The hollering and sound of battle draws nearer. People are boarding!!

"We have no choice!" he voices silently to Nixtli. "We can remain in hiding no longer!"

OOC

Grey Feather is yet to act and remains hidden among the cargo.

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Screenshot_20240410-164308.png.78c9d5b6e8ceae39dd0da30bf522e812.png

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

(Master gains +3 Perception in Dim light and Darkness)

Tiny animal

Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size, NA +1)
HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +5 (1d4–2)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 9
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +11, Stealth +15; Racial Mods +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

Familiar Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim

Familiar Feats: Alertness (master), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

(Grey Feather can change his Spirit and Wandering Hex daily. It will be listed here)

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

Smoke Friend: See through smoke, fog and mist.

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Dancing Darkness

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

HP: 41/41 | AC: 24/14/21 | CMD: 22/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Hero: 1/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Many aboard seemed to enjoy the journey at sea, the weather pleasant and the seas calm, but not Sven. He preferred solid ground beneath his fear. This unnatural motion was unnerving, and the constant awareness of the unknowable depths that just a few scant inches of pine protected him from. And that was before the storm hit.

Others might attribute his quick reactions to his uncanny Sight, or the blessings of the gods, but in truth he only saw the raiders coming because he was hanging over the side, losing his last meal. He calls out, "A ship! They're attacking!" As he takes up his sword and shield and sets his feet against them.

As they come aboard and the fight begins he tries to move across the pitching deck to midships, naturally wanting to join the shield wall and protect the flank. "Týr guide our spears and bless our axes!" He shouts, the blessing of the gods settling on those around him.

OOC/Actions

Other: Use Misfortune on any enemy within 30' that rolls better than a flat 15 on an attack. Or any ally that rolls worse than a flat 5 (1/rnd)

Free:

Swift:

Move: 5' NW, 5' W

Standard: Cast Bless

Full Round:

Hands: Sword + Shield

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

Weapons

-Cold Iron Hammer
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

It was a long and hard night, even as the past five had been easygoing... But when the boarders pour onto the deck like so much sea-tossed debris, Hjarlof remains at his position, Axe in hand, Shield at the ready as he begins his tried and true battle song, stirring his companions to greater feats of fury.

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move: Draw Axe and Shield

Standard: Begin Inspired Raging Song, Fighting Defensively

Full Round:

OOC: Each round allies can choose to accept this bonus or not: Inspired Rage +2 (STR/CON +2, Will Saves +2, AC-1)