Edit History

Ziminar

Ziminar

8 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

I agree with this 100%.

• First, decide if an encounter will even happen in the first place.
  • Second, decide when it will happen (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th watch).
  • Third, roll the perception check for that player. Fifth, write how the watches where nothing happens have nothing happen, and that during Xth watch, the encounter beings. I would also advise that if there’s no way to avoid the encounter, then just roll initiatives for us, as well, rather than asking for initiatives.

@ArtamenaV @Cointhief @Green Ice Cream @Drifter Dwarf @The_Dark_Star @Kamishiro_Rin @Wowbagger

Cool! Thanks for the tips and info. I had indeed read somewhere that in pbp the DM rolls for the players quite often but I didn't know for what specific rolls it should be done. I was also a bit worried that some players might think that I would take too much control away from them by making those rolls.
So for the watch we will have a standard order.

For combat I will be going with block initiative, where I will also roll for the players and let every player post their actions when its the groups turn and then describe what the monsters are doing as a group.

Ziminar

Ziminar

8 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

I agree with this 100%.

• First, decide if an encounter will even happen in the first place.
  • Second, decide when it will happen (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th watch).
  • Third, roll the perception check for that player. Fifth, write how the watches where nothing happens have nothing happen, and that during Xth watch, the encounter beings. I would also advise that if there’s no way to avoid the encounter, then just roll initiatives for us, as well, rather than asking for initiatives.

Cool! Thanks for the tips and info. I had indeed read somewhere that in pbp the DM rolls for the players quite often but I didn't know for what specific rolls it should be done. I was also a bit worried that some players might think that I would take too much control away from them by making those rolls.
So for the watch we will have a standard order.

For combat I will be going with block initiative, where I will also roll for the players and let every player post their actions when its the groups turn and then describe what the monsters are doing as a group.