Game thread IC

Ziminar

Victor - Aberrant Mind Sorcerer 1

“My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought. | My actions . . .

3 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

“I’m glad I’m not going crazy!” Trisae confided. “No one’s ever simply . . . entered my mind like that. It feels a bit like a violation . . . you don’t think she was reading my inner-most thoughts and feelings, was she? You seem to be taking this a lot better than me . . . could you tell me more about this . . . mind magic? I’d be ever so happy to learn from you and show you want I can do, too!”

Victor pauses for a long moment. She was asking him for advice. That was something new as it was usually Victor searching for any scrap of information related to his condition. He considered how is own powers worked. "I think you are safe. She would only hear what you offered in return." Victor had a feeling if the high counselor wanted more, none of them would know the difference, but he kept that though to himself. "I have some experience with it and we have a long walk tomorrow."

Victor is surprised by Aelysûne's declaration. Apparently she received a message also and it seemed far different than the one he received. He watches quietly as the discussion continues, but adds nothing as the small monk attempts to smooth things out.

6 hours ago, Ziminar said:

"Now, let me show you to your room so you all can get a good nights rest before you leave tomorrow,. You are going to need i'd think."

"A rest would be most welcome."

Chipluck halfling rogue 1Thieves' tools in Dungeons and Dragons are the keys to the success of the  thief in disarming traps an… | Dungeons and dragons art, Classic rpg,  Dungeons and dragons

11.18.12.13.16.16 | init +2 | AC 15 | HP 9/9 | HD 1

Acrobatics +6, Deception +5, Investigation +3, Perception +5, Sleight of Hand +8*, Stealth +6, thieves tools +8*

That night Chip tossed and turned in the small rope hammock, the poor thief struggling to keep his desires to explore the monk's tree in check. Visions of hidden treasure chambers filled with diamond-studded gold chalices and naked babes carved out of solid emerald defeated the once trustworthy precession of miniature sheep in a stunning 6-0 defeat during overtime.

When he finally did sleep, somehow the novelty and oddness of slumber-in-a-tree seeped into his subconscious, and the dreamy world of Chipluck the Chipmunk began... It was a busy breakfast in his little chipmunk treehouse, as was usually the case when his daughter had ballet practice. Despite Chip taking the time to make pancakes, she wasn't in the mood for family and simply grabbed a fresh pomegranate. "Are you really wearing that?" was his dream-self's immediately regretted conversation starter.

The next morning, the horse-less hike was at least made marginally better by the promise of more free food. Snacking on some dried cranberries and cashews, the rogue took his turn with the map...attempting to commit the important details to memory.

Ratio had always taught him to never keep a paper trail, since getting pinched with a map was as good as being a snitch. So, Chip used a few underworld techniques to encipher the complicated patterns of roads, forests, and mountains into a few simple visual symbols and sing-songy rhymes.

~Strays from Ravenswood's charm northeast, but mountain's crest bounds forest's reach.~ and the like.

ooc: Added inventory accounting and morning purchases to sheet, thanks.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

Trisae ArabrahelTrisae Arabrahel

Level 1 Drow Entertainer Sorcerer

AC: 15 (Dex 2 + Draconic Resilience 13); HP: 8/8 (1d6 + 2); Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (−1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 14 (+2); INT: 12 (+1); WIS: 10 (+0); CHA: 17 (+3)

Sorcery Points:

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: Cantrips Known (4 + 1); Spells Known (2)

Spell Slots: 1st

Senses: darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12, passive Insight 10, passive Investigation 11; Tools: disguise kit, flute; Armor: none; Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows; Languages: Common, Elven; Size: Medium; Age: 21; Height: 5′–3″ (160 cm); Weight: 85 lb. (38.6 kg); Hair: Silver; Eyes: Magenta; Skin: Anthracite-Coal Black

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

Trisae parts with Victor, conceding the very late hour and the half-elf’s need for sleep. She goes to the room to which she is guided and sits upon the bed. Once she is shown her room, and the monk has left her to herself, she leaves the building and finds a glade underneath the moonlight. There, she dances for Eilistraee both in thanks and in prayer for Eilistraee’s guidance and protection on the perilous journey ahead of her and her new companions. She then returns to her room. There, she enters a trance for four hours.

Finished with her trance, she “awakens” and finds the kitchens. There, she begins cooking breakfast for everyone. Using the prestidigitation spell, she ensures that everyone’s meal is both perfectly warm and very tasty!

The next morning, when shops begin opening, and everyone’s been fed, Trisae purchases a pound of Flour (2 cp), a Whetstone (1 cp), a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), Traveler’s Clothes (2 gp), a Bell (1 gp), a Blanket (5 sp), a Grappling Hook (2 gp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), a Signal Whistle (5 cp), a Steel Mirror (5 gp), and a piece of chalk (1 cp), for a total of 12.79 gp.

OOC

Movement:

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)

Inventory

Money

PP

GP

SP

EP

CP

10 gp Gems

50 gp Gems

100 gp Gems

500 gp Gems

1,000 gp Gems

5,000 gp Gems

25 gp Art Objects

250 gp Art Objects

750 gp Art Objects

2,500 gp Art Objects

7,500 gp Art Objects

• Starting Gold: 15 from background.
  • Bought: a pound of Flour (2 cp), a Whetstone (1 cp), a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), Traveler’s Clothes (2 gp), a Bell (1 gp), a Blanket (5 sp), a Grappling Hook (2 gp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), a Signal Whistle (5 cp), a Steel Mirror (5 gp), and a piece of chalk (1 cp), for a total of 12.79 gp.

Inventory

• 1 :: belt pouch containing 15 gp; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; A cloth or leather pouch can hold up to 20 sling bullets or 50 blowgun needles, among other things. A compartmentalized pouch for holding spell components is called a component pouch. A pouch can hold up to ⅕ cubic foot or 6 pounds of gear.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 20/20 :: bolts; Ammunition; 5 cp, 1.2 oz. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: component pouch; Adventuring gear; 25 gp, 2 lb.; A component pouch is a small, watertight leather belt pouch that has compartments to hold all the material components and other special items you need to cast your spells, except for those components that have a specific cost (as indicated in a spell’s description).; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: costume clothes; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 2/2 :: daggers; Weapon; Simple weapon, melee weapon; 2 gp, 1 lb.; 1d4 piercing - finesse, light, thrown (20/60 ft.); Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • Finesse. When making an attack with a finesse weapon, you use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls. You must use the same modifier for both rolls.;
    • Light. A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when fighting with two weapons.
    • Thrown. If a weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon to make a ranged attack. If the weapon is a melee weapon, you use the same ability modifier for that attack roll and damage roll that you would use for a melee attack with the weapon. For example, if you throw a handaxe, you use your Strength, but if you throw a dagger, you can use either your Strength or your Dexterity, since the dagger has the finesse property.
  • 1 :: dungeoneer’s pack; Adventuring gear; 12 gp, 61½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.; Includes:
    • 1 :: backpack; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; A backpack can hold one cubic foot or 30 pounds of gear. You can also strap items, such as a bedroll or a coil of rope, to the outside of a backpack.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: crowbar; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; Using a crowbar grants advantage to Strength checks where the crowbar’s leverage can be applied.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: hammer; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: pitons; Adventuring gear; 5 cp, ¼ lb. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: torches; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; A torch burns for 1 hour, providing bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. If you make a melee attack with a burning torch and hit, it deals 1 fire damage.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: tinderbox; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; This small container holds flint, fire steel, and tinder (usually dry cloth soaked in light oil) used to kindle a fire. Using it to light a torch—or anything else with abundant, exposed fuel—takes an action. Lighting any other fire takes 1 minute.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: days of rations; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 2 lb. (each); Rations consist of dry foods suitable for extended travel, including jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: waterskin; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 5 lb. (full); A waterskin can hold up to 4 pints of liquid.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: 50 feet of hempen rope; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 10 lb.; Rope, whether made of hemp or silk, has 2 hit points and can be burst with a DC 17 Strength check.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: light crossbow; Weapon; Simple weapon, ranged weapon; 25 gp, 5 lb.; 1d8 piercing - ammunition (80/320 ft.), loading, two-handed; Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
    • Range. A weapon that can be used to make a ranged attack has a range shown in parentheses after the ammunition or thrown property. The range lists two numbers. The first is the weapon’s normal range in feet, and the second indicates the weapon’s maximum range. When attacking a target beyond normal range, you have disadvantage on the attack roll. You can’t attack a target beyond the weapon’s long range.
    • Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. Loading a one-handed weapon requires a free hand. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield.
         If you use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a melee attack, you treat the weapon as an improvised weapon. A sling must be loaded to deal any damage when used in this way.
    • Loading. Because of the time required to load this weapon, you can fire only one piece of ammunition from it when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to fire it, regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.
    • Two-Handed. This weapon requires two hands to use. This property is relevant only when you attack with the weapon, not when you simply hold it.
  • 1 :: musical instrument (one of your choice: flute); Instrument; 2 gp, 1 lb.; If you have proficiency with a given musical instrument, you can add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to play music with the instrument. A bard can use a musical instrument as a spellcasting focus. Each type of musical instrument requires a separate proficiency.; Source: PHB, page 154. Additional information from XGE, page 83. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
       Proficiency with a musical instrument indicates you are familiar with the techniques used to play it. You also have knowledge of some songs commonly performed with that instrument.;
    • History. Your expertise aids you in recalling lore related to your instrument.
    • Performance. Your ability to put on a good show is improved when you incorporate an instrument into your act.
    • Compose a Tune. As part of a long rest, you can compose a new tune and lyrics for your instrument. You might use this ability to impress a noble or spread scandalous rumors with a catchy tune.
    • Musical Instrument Activity (DC)
      • Identify a tune (DC 10)
      • Improvise a tune (DC 20)
  • 1 :: the favor of an admirer (Rolled 2: a piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight)
  • 1 :: Trinket: (rolled 44) a mechanical canary inside a gnomish lamp
  • 1 :: Flour; Trade good; 2 cp, 1 lb.; Most wealth is not in coins. It is measured in livestock, grain, land, rights to collect taxes, or rights to resources (such as a mine or a forest).; Guilds, nobles, and royalty regulate trade. Chartered companies are granted rights to conduct trade along certain routes, to send merchant ships to various ports, or to buy or sell specific goods. Guilds set prices for the goods or services that they control, and determine who may or may not offer those goods and services. Merchants commonly exchange trade goods without using currency.; Source: PHB, page 157. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Whetstone; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Two-Person Tent; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 20 lb.; A simple and portable canvas shelter, a tent sleeps two.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Traveler’s Clothes; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Bell; Adventuring gear; 1 gp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Blanket; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Grappling Hook; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Mess Kit; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 1 lb.; This tin box contains a cup and simple cutlery. The box clamps together, and one side can be used as a cooking pan and the other as a plate or shallow bowl.; Source: PHB, page 152. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Signal Whistle; Adventuring gear; 5 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Steel Mirror; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, ½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Chalk (1 piece); Adventuring gear; 1 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

As dawn breaks, you stir from your slumber within the Hall of Echoed Wisdom, the giant tree’s ancient bark creaking softly as if whispering ancient secrets. 
The air is filled with the scent of earth and leaves, a gentle reminder of the natural sanctuary you find yourself in.
You awaken to the soft rustling of leaves and the distant chirping of birds.

Suddenly, a soft, rhythmic sound echoes through the hall - the sound of a wooden staff tapping against the tree’s wooden floor heard through entire tree it seems. 
After getting out of bed and gathering your things you find your way back to same room you entered first late last night.
There Lu-Tze, with the same calm expression on his face, awaits you. 

"Good morning," Lu-Tze says, his voice as calm as the morning breeze. 
"I trust the Hall has provided you with a restful sleep. The journey ahead is long and treacherous, but I have faith in your abilities."

"Trisae was kind enough to prepare breakfast for everyone, already showing to be a great addition to your group", Lu-Tze bows towards Trisae as a show of gratitude.
"Please, enjoy your breakfast but I sadly must encourage you not to linger too long. You have a long journey ahead of you."

After breakfast he leads you to a table laden with supplies - compasses, rations, and other essentials for their quest. 
"Make sure you have everything you need," he advises, his gaze sweeping over the items. "The crystal you seek will not be easily found."

Just as the monk speaks those last words the Hight Council, led by Elysandra Moonshadow, joins you and looks to each of you.
When she is certain she has everyone's attention she speaks: "May your path be clear, your hearts steadfast. May the wisdom of the Hall guide you, and may you return safely with the crystal."

DM

If there is anything you would like to do here before you leave, please do so now.

AelysuneTokengoldpng.png.8588921d605f0da194c1a1871835a643.pngAelysûne Teuvel - Life Domain Cleric of Selûne 1

Character Sheet

“My words,” Aelysûne said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Aelysûne thought. | My actions . . .

Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 11 (+0)
Constitution: 17 (+3)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

AC: 13
HP: 11/11

PP: 14

Aelysûne tossed and turned for quite some time before eventually drifting off to sleep. She awakes to the sound of inland birds, singing an unfamiliar tune. She had heard the gulls of her coastal hometown so often that she could practically understand their regular morning gossip. She had considered going to eat with the others, but it seemed as if they had other things they would be doing in preparation for the trip, and her father had told her that he would see her off.

Outside, Aelyshelm sits cross-legged at his campsite with his eyes closed. Time seems to slow in his presence, as if the very essence of nature flows about him. The rustling of leaves in the wind becomes a soft whisper, as if the trees themselves breathe with him. He seems attuned to every passing wind, every flutter of a butterfly's wings. His senses dance in harmony with the world around him. She would have retreated back inside so as to not interrupt him, but he had long been aware of her presence. "I sense a heaviness about you, Ai DaoinMy Star."

Aelysûne sits in front of him. "My night was restless, filled with uncertainty and confusion."

"The path ahead may be more complicated than you anticipate," Aelyshelm sighs, "The High Council's quests are rarely straightforward; you are delving into the depths of mysteries; secrets that lie hidden within the realms, ones that even The High Council do not know the answers to."

Aelysûne nodded, her eyes gazing into the depths of her father's golden eyes. "I can feel it, Father. There is a weight to this journey, a sense of responsibility that rests upon my shoulders. I fear that my powers and devotion may not be enough to navigate the shadows that await me, and...I may be gone longer than I originally thought." She wanted to tell him all that had happened the night before, but she would not allow herself, and knew that he would not allow her either if she tried.

His eyes opened, and he places a hand upon hers. "No matter how far you go, trust that Selûne's light will guide you through the darkest of times. With the Moonmaiden at your side, you are never lost, you are never alone."

"Of course, O'SuFather." She stands. "Please convey my love to Mindrellias and...'Astra."

Aelyshelm laughs. "You can manage to finally send your cousins your love in a letter, or in person when you return. I am certain they would appreciate it. "

"Not that Astra would respond if I did...she refused to speak to me when I returned."

"Mindastra is like all others: complicated. Your...disappearance all those years ago was very difficult for her, it changed her, and not entirely for the better. Let her forgiveness take time, and it will come. Now go, you must make your final preparations, and I may never let you leave my side if you stay any longer."

Aelysûne mirrors his warm, albeit sad smile, and proceeds back into The Hall of Echoed Wisdom, it would likely be some time before they see each other again. She has her breakfast in silence, and then purchases a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), 4 1-day Rations (2gp total), and 3 20-count bags of caltrops (3gp total), for a total of 7gp.

OOC

Spells

Spellcasting

Hit Dice: 1d8 per cleric level
Hit Points at 1st Level: (8) + (CM 3) = 11
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per cleric level after 1st

Spell Save DC = 8 + PB + WM = 12

Spell attack modifier = PB + WM = 4

Cantrips

1. [X] Guidance
  2. [X] Light
  3. [X] Thaumaturgy

1st Level [][] Slots

1. [X] Cure Wounds
  2. [X] Bless
  3. [X] Guiding Bolt

Stat Block

Aelysûne Teuvel
Cleric of Selûne - Life Domain
Deity: Selûne, Goddess of the Moon
Medium Humanoid, Chaotic Good

AC 13 / HP 11 / Speed 30 ft / Initiative +0/ Proficiency Bonus +2

Str 8 (-1) Dex 11 (+0) Con 17 (+3)
Wis 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Cha 14 (+2)

Senses

Saving Throws

Skill Proficiencies

Tool Proficiencies

Attacks
Crossbow, light: 80(320), HIT/DC +2 Damage 1d8 piercing

Guiding Bolt: 120ft., HIT/DC +4, 4d6 Radiant, Duration 1Rnd

Mace 5ft. reach, HIT/DC +1, 1d6-1 Bludgeoning

Actions

Bonus Action: Two-Weapon Fighting

Racial Traits

Cleric Traits

Background

Inventory

Gp: 3 Sp: - Cp: -

Equipped

1. Clothes, Common
  2. Crossbow Bolts (x20)
  3. Crossbow, light
  4. Holy Symbol of Selûne
  5. Leather, Light Armor (AC 11)
  6. Mace
  7. Rope, Silk (50 ft)
  8. Shield (+2 AC)

Backpack

1. Blanket (3 lb.)
  2. Block of Incense (x2)
  3. Candle (x10)
  4. Censer (x1)
  5. Rations (1 day) (4 lb.) (5x)
  6. Tinderbox (1 lb.)
  7. Vestments (x1)
  8. Waterskin (5 lb.)
  9. Two-person tent (20 lb.)

Alms Box

Pouch

1. (3x) Bag of Caltrops (qty. 20)

Edited by ArtamenaV (see edit history)

spacer.pngKresh awakens early in the day and lets the others sleep, in the time before they woke up, he tunes his viol and begins to play a little tune. As the others awaken, he puts his instrument away and welcomes into the next day. He doesn't speak of his dream from the night but wonders if the others had such a wonderful one.

"Welcome everyone, the morning is bright and beautiful." He said to them, they were then greeted by their host and it was mentioned to get supplies for the journey. Kresh is thankful for the time and enters the shops and purchases himself a number of rations, for he doesn't know how long they will be outside of civilization for and dying of starvation would not be ideal. He purchases 4 days worth of rations (2 gp) and a shield (10 gp) for more protection.

He then returns and waits for the others to get back from their shopping, sitting down, he once again takes out his viol, and plays an adventurous tune while he waits.

Edited by The_Dark_Star (see edit history)

“My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought. | My actions . . .

When Victor awakes the following morning he feels something is definitely wrong. He listens to the rustle of the leaves and the birds for a few moments trying to determine what was missing before coming to the obvious answer, he had slept and felt rested. Even now, that part of his mind which tormented him every night remained quiet and withdrawn. How long had it been? Perhaps not since he was 12 or so years old when his powers, along with the headaches and nightmares, had begun. Closing his eyes again, "Perhaps I should just stay here for the rest of my life." he says out loud even though there is no one around to hear it. Knowing that is not an option, Victor rises taking a few minutes to wash, change, and even straighten his hair a bit. He even spends a few moments cleaning his attire using a spell similar to the one which Trisae used the night before. Normally he would not have bothered, but today he felt more energetic.

Victor enters the main room looking and feeling far better than he had the night before, smiling at the smell of breakfast. Hearing that she prepared breakfast, he approached Trisae, "Everything looks and smells wonderful. It was kind of you to do this. Thank you." Victor selected a few items, taking less than one might expect for a young man, but matching his slight appearance. Sadly he reminded himself that this would end soon, with the group on the road and he fully expected that other part of him to awaken.

Victor selects a few items from the table of supplies. Picking up the compass, he watches the needle for a moment, whispering softly and a slight gesture sends the needle spinning in circles for few moments before returning to true North. He sighs with some weight of sadness, such a trivial pleasure which was normally out of his reach. Adding the compass to his satchel he considers what the next few days may bring.

Ultonius Zoelante - Human Rogue 1

Ultonius watches the others ready their supplies. He had already grabbed a compass and rations, as well as bought three days worth of extra rations, a grappling hook, a blanket, and an extra quiver of arrows.

Having finished breakfast thirty minutes ago, Ultonius decides to thank Trisae. "Delicious... that really hit the spot. You have my thanks." Then, he heads to the nearest wall and leans against it in his typical fashion.

Waiting there for the journey to begin, the pensive rogue recalls his attempt to sleep just a few hours prior. He had been contemplating asking the group if they could steer clear of the forest outskirts.

Ultimately, he opted not to. 'Probably a good idea to save acts of persuasion for our adversaries,' he thought. Once his decision was made, slumber came quickly, and even though he had hit the sack by three, dawn arrived quickly as well.

Now, in Ultonius' mind, he was rested enough. 'If I come across those scoundrels, then I'll think of something... I always do.'

Chipluck halfling rogue 1Thieves' tools in Dungeons and Dragons are the keys to the success of the  thief in disarming traps an… | Dungeons and dragons art, Classic rpg,  Dungeons and dragons

Acrobatics +6, Deception +5, Investigation +3, Perception +5, Sleight of Hand +8*, Stealth +6, thieves tools +8*

Chip was happy to hit the trail, but a stinging thought halted him right at the door. "Oh wait, what does this thing look like anyways, this crystal? You got a picture of the thing, or color?" It was hard to find something if you didn't know what it looked like, at least as far as the thief's short-sighted practicalities could inform him.

~~~

On the way out of town, just past one of Ravenwood's last stone columns demarking civility from the wilds, Chip noted a wispy scorch mark blackening the rock. It was a well hidden message. To the untrained eye, it appeared as if a traveler's bivouac had found a little shelter from a midnight wind.

But the scrawling splines and intersecting chords possessed an intelligence not native to flame. 

smudge marks of soot on stone that resemble tendrilsIt was Ratio's cipher, scribed in charcoal by an agent of the criminal underworld. Chip read the lengths between intersecting black tendrils as the letters of a primitive alphabet. Subtleties between phonic distinctions like soft and hard 'g' were abandoned. If there were more than one way to write a vowel sound, they were eliminated. The result was broken and without the grace of natural language, but was still a very fast and understandable system of code.

~Updates expected. 6088 dead-drop. 3 weeks.~

There was a final triple hash-mark where the reader could smudge a confirmation. A quick touch for message received.

Chip hesitated.

The council's offer was the first legit job the thief had ever taken, and it was hard even with the clarity of 20/20 hindsight to understand how he had stumbled into it. Maybe he had lucked into a way out. The first step of an ascent from the gutter that he was always told would never come.

Then again, down in the Ruin he had seen hope like that flip quick in the shadows. It was always the luckiest bastards getting knifed with their eyes still wide, stupid grins still plastered across their face. Blindness was winning the lottery.

Chip smudged the right mark, and the crisp turn of his smirk.

Trisae ArabrahelTrisae Arabrahel

Level 1 Drow Entertainer Sorcerer

AC: 15 (Dex 2 + Draconic Resilience 13); HP: 9/9 (1/1d6 + 2 + 1) 100%; Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (−1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 14 (+2); INT: 12 (+1); WIS: 10 (+0); CHA: 17 (+3)

Sorcery Points:

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: Cantrips Known (4 + 1); Spells Known (2)

Spell Slots: 1st

Senses: darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12, passive Insight 10, passive Investigation 11; Tools: disguise kit, flute; Armor: none; Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows; Languages: Common, Elven; Size: Medium; Age: 21; Height: 5′–3″ (160 cm); Weight: 85 lb. (38.6 kg); Hair: Silver; Eyes: Magenta; Skin: Anthracite-Coal Black

Inventory

Money

PP

GP

SP

EP

CP

10 gp Gems

50 gp Gems

100 gp Gems

500 gp Gems

1,000 gp Gems

5,000 gp Gems

25 gp Art Objects

250 gp Art Objects

750 gp Art Objects

2,500 gp Art Objects

7,500 gp Art Objects

• Starting Gold: 15 from background.
  • Bought: a pound of Flour (2 cp), a Whetstone (1 cp), a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), Traveler’s Clothes (2 gp), a Bell (1 gp), a Blanket (5 sp), a Grappling Hook (2 gp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), a Signal Whistle (5 cp), a Steel Mirror (5 gp), and a piece of chalk (1 cp), for a total of 12.79 gp.

Inventory

• 1 :: belt pouch containing 15 gp; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; A cloth or leather pouch can hold up to 20 sling bullets or 50 blowgun needles, among other things. A compartmentalized pouch for holding spell components is called a component pouch. A pouch can hold up to ⅕ cubic foot or 6 pounds of gear.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 20/20 :: bolts; Ammunition; 5 cp, 1.2 oz. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: component pouch; Adventuring gear; 25 gp, 2 lb.; A component pouch is a small, watertight leather belt pouch that has compartments to hold all the material components and other special items you need to cast your spells, except for those components that have a specific cost (as indicated in a spell’s description).; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: costume clothes; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 2/2 :: daggers; Weapon; Simple weapon, melee weapon; 2 gp, 1 lb.; 1d4 piercing - finesse, light, thrown (20/60 ft.); Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • Finesse. When making an attack with a finesse weapon, you use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls. You must use the same modifier for both rolls.;
    • Light. A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when fighting with two weapons.
    • Thrown. If a weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon to make a ranged attack. If the weapon is a melee weapon, you use the same ability modifier for that attack roll and damage roll that you would use for a melee attack with the weapon. For example, if you throw a handaxe, you use your Strength, but if you throw a dagger, you can use either your Strength or your Dexterity, since the dagger has the finesse property.
  • 1 :: dungeoneer’s pack; Adventuring gear; 12 gp, 61½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.; Includes:
    • 1 :: backpack; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; A backpack can hold one cubic foot or 30 pounds of gear. You can also strap items, such as a bedroll or a coil of rope, to the outside of a backpack.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: crowbar; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; Using a crowbar grants advantage to Strength checks where the crowbar’s leverage can be applied.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: hammer; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: pitons; Adventuring gear; 5 cp, ¼ lb. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: torches; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; A torch burns for 1 hour, providing bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. If you make a melee attack with a burning torch and hit, it deals 1 fire damage.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: tinderbox; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; This small container holds flint, fire steel, and tinder (usually dry cloth soaked in light oil) used to kindle a fire. Using it to light a torch—or anything else with abundant, exposed fuel—takes an action. Lighting any other fire takes 1 minute.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: days of rations; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 2 lb. (each); Rations consist of dry foods suitable for extended travel, including jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: waterskin; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 5 lb. (full); A waterskin can hold up to 4 pints of liquid.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: 50 feet of hempen rope; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 10 lb.; Rope, whether made of hemp or silk, has 2 hit points and can be burst with a DC 17 Strength check.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: light crossbow; Weapon; Simple weapon, ranged weapon; 25 gp, 5 lb.; 1d8 piercing - ammunition (80/320 ft.), loading, two-handed; Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
    • Range. A weapon that can be used to make a ranged attack has a range shown in parentheses after the ammunition or thrown property. The range lists two numbers. The first is the weapon’s normal range in feet, and the second indicates the weapon’s maximum range. When attacking a target beyond normal range, you have disadvantage on the attack roll. You can’t attack a target beyond the weapon’s long range.
    • Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. Loading a one-handed weapon requires a free hand. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield.
         If you use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a melee attack, you treat the weapon as an improvised weapon. A sling must be loaded to deal any damage when used in this way.
    • Loading. Because of the time required to load this weapon, you can fire only one piece of ammunition from it when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to fire it, regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.
    • Two-Handed. This weapon requires two hands to use. This property is relevant only when you attack with the weapon, not when you simply hold it.
  • 1 :: musical instrument (one of your choice: flute); Instrument; 2 gp, 1 lb.; If you have proficiency with a given musical instrument, you can add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to play music with the instrument. A bard can use a musical instrument as a spellcasting focus. Each type of musical instrument requires a separate proficiency.; Source: PHB, page 154. Additional information from XGE, page 83. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
       Proficiency with a musical instrument indicates you are familiar with the techniques used to play it. You also have knowledge of some songs commonly performed with that instrument.;
    • History. Your expertise aids you in recalling lore related to your instrument.
    • Performance. Your ability to put on a good show is improved when you incorporate an instrument into your act.
    • Compose a Tune. As part of a long rest, you can compose a new tune and lyrics for your instrument. You might use this ability to impress a noble or spread scandalous rumors with a catchy tune.
    • Musical Instrument Activity (DC)
      • Identify a tune (DC 10)
      • Improvise a tune (DC 20)
  • 1 :: the favor of an admirer (Rolled 2: a piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight)
  • 1 :: Trinket: (rolled 44) a mechanical canary inside a gnomish lamp
  • 1 :: Flour; Trade good; 2 cp, 1 lb.; Most wealth is not in coins. It is measured in livestock, grain, land, rights to collect taxes, or rights to resources (such as a mine or a forest).; Guilds, nobles, and royalty regulate trade. Chartered companies are granted rights to conduct trade along certain routes, to send merchant ships to various ports, or to buy or sell specific goods. Guilds set prices for the goods or services that they control, and determine who may or may not offer those goods and services. Merchants commonly exchange trade goods without using currency.; Source: PHB, page 157. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Whetstone; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Two-Person Tent; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 20 lb.; A simple and portable canvas shelter, a tent sleeps two.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Traveler’s Clothes; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Bell; Adventuring gear; 1 gp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Blanket; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Grappling Hook; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Mess Kit; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 1 lb.; This tin box contains a cup and simple cutlery. The box clamps together, and one side can be used as a cooking pan and the other as a plate or shallow bowl.; Source: PHB, page 152. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Signal Whistle; Adventuring gear; 5 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Steel Mirror; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, ½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Chalk (1 piece); Adventuring gear; 1 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

Victor enters the main room looking and feeling far better than he had the night before, smiling at the smell of breakfast. Hearing that she prepared breakfast, he approached Trisae, "Everything looks and smells wonderful. It was kind of you to do this. Thank you." Victor selected a few items, taking less than one might expect for a young man, but matching his slight appearance. Sadly he reminded himself that this would end soon, with the group on the road and he fully expected that other part of him to awaken.

Trisae’s face lights up in a big, bright, genuine smile at the praise and thanks. “You’re welcome, Victor!” When she notices him taking only a little bit, she lays a tentative hand on his arm to stop him and piles extras onto his plate. “Eat up,” she says, “It’s going to be a long journey and you’re going to need your energy. Better to be overly full now, but not very hungry later, than lightly satisfied now, and famished when there’s no time for eating—or worse, no food to be found!”

Having finished breakfast thirty minutes ago, Ultonius decides to thank Trisae. "Delicious... that really hit the spot. You have my thanks." Then, he heads to the nearest wall and leans against it in his typical fashion.

“You’re most welcome, Ultonius!” she says with a smile.

Chip was happy to hit the trail, but a stinging thought halted him right at the door. "Oh wait, what does this thing look like anyways, this crystal? You got a picture of the thing, or color?" It was hard to find something if you didn't know what it looked like, at least as far as the thief's short-sighted practicalities could inform him.

“Whilst that would definitely be useful information to have—should we come across it—our mission isn’t to find the crystal itself—not yet, anyway—but to find the people who were looking for it and then went missing,” Trisae replies.

OOC

Movement:

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

“My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought. | My actions . . .

1 hour ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Trisae’s face lights up in a big, bright, genuine smile at the praise and thanks. “You’re welcome, Victor!” When she notices him taking only a little bit, she lays a tentative hand on his arm to stop him and piles extras onto his plate. “Eat up,” she says, “It’s going to be a long journey and you’re going to need your energy. Better to be overly full now, but not very hungry later, than lightly satisfied now, and famished when there’s no time for eating—or worse, no food to be found!”

Victor smiles warmly at Trisae as she helps load up his plate. The lightness of the morning, the smell of the food, they almost lure him to do as she asks. Almost. But he knows better. Knows that this moment is an illusion of what life might have been for a normal boy living at some manor getting ready for a hard day of work ahead. Victor watches Trisae chat with the others as he eats the choice items from his breakfast, saving the more portable things to be wrapped in a cloth and stashed in his satchel for later. He says a quiet "Thank you" to the tree for this unexpected moment of peace as he gathers his things and leaves to join the others.

11 hours ago, Cointhief said:

Stopping at the door next to his new companion. "Ancient powerful crystal artifact. Hopefully we will know it if we see it. Can't be too many of those things laying around." Victor laughs to himself at the idea of returning with a powerful crystal and the high council saying "Nope, try again." Returning at all might be a luxury in itself.

As Durin walked out of the room, distraught and confused, he wanted to escape, run back to the monastery.
He felt overwhelmed, who ever thought of the idea of giving him this much responsibility must have been out of his mind.
When he was finally alone in the humid dark of the tree he tried to calm down his nerves and settle his breathing and his racing heart. With his eyes closed he repeated his mantra which he had learned himself when he had started having panic attacks as a young dwarf:

"Steady as the mountain, deep as the mine,
In the heart of the hill, where the golden veins twine.
Breathe in strength, breathe out fear,
Durin BarrelHammer, the calm is near.

The forge's fire, the anvil's ring,
In my heart, peace they bring.
Breathe in light, breathe out the dark,
Durin BarrelHammer, kindle the spark.

The stone is steady, the stone is strong,
To the stone's rhythm, I belong.
Breathe in courage, breathe out despair,
Durin BarrelHammer, you're in the mountain's care."

Finally calm he returns to the room he walked out of he just hears Lu-Tze saying that he will show everybody to their room.
Although dwarfs are not known for their silent tread, Durin tries to keep some distance between him and the rest of the group avoiding attention to himself. In his bed, repeating his mantra, sleep comes quickly.

The next morning, awoken by the tapping sound, he quickly gathers his things and gets himself ready to start his quest with his fellow adventurers. He still would rather turn around and return to the monastery where he came from and continue his studies, but he wouldn't be able to live with himself knowing he gave up when the actual quest hadn't even actually started.
Still, he is not ready yet to talk to anybody else and tries is his best to not draw attention to himself so he quickly snatches some breakfast from the table and escapes outside. The tasteful breakfast helps to lift his spirits and he finds himself prepared for the journey to come, where ever it may lead them he will do what is asked of him.

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 2:28 AM, Cointhief said:

Elysandra simpy looks at Chip with a friendly smile on her face.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:00 PM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

“Whilst that would definitely be useful information to have—should we come across it—our mission isn’t to find the crystal itself—not yet, anyway—but to find the people who were looking for it and then went missing,” Trisae replies.

On 4/13/2024 at 1:53 PM, Drifter Dwarf said:

Stopping at the door next to his new companion. "Ancient powerful crystal artifact. Hopefully we will know it if we see it. Can't be too many of those things laying around." Victor laughs to himself at the idea of returning with a powerful crystal and the high council saying "Nope, try again." Returning at all might be a luxury in itself.

"Trisae and Victor are both right, your primare objective is to find the scouts that went looking for information, second if you happen to across the crystal you will definitely know it." She looks at everyone to check if everyone is ready to leave. "Now, there is no time to waste. You must be on your way." And with she turns around and returns to the tree.

You stand outside the tree from a little moment longer as if deciding if this is really the moment to make you to the cave to the northeast? Without a word your party decides that it is indeed time to get going. As you leave the giant ancient tree behind you set course for the northeast.
The air is fresh and filled with the scent of dew-kissed leaves and blooming wildflowers. A gentle breeze rustles through the towering trees, their leaves shimmering in the sunlight like emeralds.

The forest floor, carpeted with moss and ferns, is dappled with sunlight filtering through the canopy above. The chirping of birds echoes through the stillness, a symphony of nature that breathes life into the serene landscape.

The forest is alive, a testament to the enduring cycle of life. It's a place of peace and tranquility, a sanctuary from the outside world. As the sun continues to rise, casting long shadows and painting the forest in hues of gold, it's clear that this is not just a forest. It's a magical realm where every creature, every leaf, every ray of sunshine has a story to tell.

The first day of your journey goes by without any trouble and you make good progress towards your goal.

DM

If there is anything special you would like to do during the day.
Also, please roll a Perception check for those who wish to do so.

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)

AelysuneTokengoldpng.png.8588921d605f0da194c1a1871835a643.pngAelysûne Teuvel - Life Domain Cleric of Selûne 1

Character Sheet

“My words,” Aelysûne said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Aelysûne thought. | My actions . . .

Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 11 (+0)
Constitution: 17 (+3)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

AC: 13
HP: 11/11

PP: 14

As Aelysûne proceeds back into The Hall of Echoed Wisdom and buys her supplies, Durin passes her, creeping his way out, breakfast in hand. His eyes are down so as to not meet the eyes of others. She feels a pull at her heart, and she clutches her holy symbol of Selûne. 'Does he know?' She shakes her uneasiness out of her head. Here she is, having made a grand speech about ignoring Lady Elowen's warning, but doing exactly that.  'My path is lit by moonlight,' Aelysûne thinks to herself, 'The Moonmaiden will guide me to where I need to go, I don't need to fret about it.' Steeling herself and standing up straight, she decided that she is going to be the best Half-Elven Cleric on this journey, looming threats notwithstanding.

She bounds up to the breakfast table, "Good Morning, everyone!" She greets a bit overexcitedly as she gathers up some food for her plate, surprised that it is still warm, "May the seven stars bless you!" 

After they eat, they determine that is time to leave. Aelysûne hugs her father one last time before they set out on their way, and he heads west on the path when they venture northeast. She looks back at him as long as she can before she ushers herself along.

The sunlight filters through the dense foliage above, casting a warm and gentle glow on everything it touches. The leaves of the trees shimmer in shades of green, their vibrant colors bright and inviting. Rays of sunlight create intricate patterns on the forest floor, illuminating patches of moss and wildflowers. Squirrels scamper among the branches, and birds sing their melodious songs from the treetops, their voices blending harmoniously with the gentle rustling of leaves in the breeze. The magical energy that permeates the forest is palpable, and she can sense the presence of Selûne even in the daylight. It's as if her divine touch blesses every leaf, every flower, and every creature that calls this forest home.

Despite the dangers of the journey, Aelysûne cannot help but have a spring in her step. She had traveled the seas for 31 years, but this is the first time she is travelling as a free woman. She is tempted to to dance, spinning and weaving through the trees and singing one of her father's Druidic songs, but she decides that this would not make her appear mature in any way.

"So, Durin, was it?" Aelysûne chooses, hopefully being perceived as random, "Where are you from?"

OOC

Spells

Spellcasting

Hit Dice: 1d8 per cleric level
Hit Points at 1st Level: (8) + (CM 3) = 11
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per cleric level after 1st

Spell Save DC = 8 + PB + WM = 12

Spell attack modifier = PB + WM = 4

Cantrips

1. [X] Guidance
  2. [X] Light
  3. [X] Thaumaturgy

1st Level [][] Slots

1. [X] Cure Wounds
  2. [X] Bless
  3. [X] Guiding Bolt

Stat Block

Aelysûne Teuvel
Cleric of Selûne - Life Domain
Deity: Selûne, Goddess of the Moon
Medium Humanoid, Chaotic Good

AC 13 / HP 11 / Speed 30 ft / Initiative +0/ Proficiency Bonus +2

Str 8 (-1) Dex 11 (+0) Con 17 (+3)
Wis 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Cha 14 (+2)

Senses

Saving Throws

Skill Proficiencies

Tool Proficiencies

Attacks
Crossbow, light: 80(320), HIT/DC +2 Damage 1d8 piercing

Guiding Bolt: 120ft., HIT/DC +4, 4d6 Radiant, Duration 1Rnd

Mace 5ft. reach, HIT/DC +1, 1d6-1 Bludgeoning

Actions

Bonus Action: Two-Weapon Fighting

Racial Traits

Cleric Traits

Background

Inventory

Gp: 3 Sp: - Cp: -

Equipped

1. Clothes, Common
  2. Crossbow Bolts (x20)
  3. Crossbow, light
  4. Holy Symbol of Selûne
  5. Leather, Light Armor (AC 11)
  6. Mace
  7. Rope, Silk (50 ft)
  8. Shield (+2 AC)

Backpack

1. Blanket (3 lb.)
  2. Block of Incense (x2)
  3. Candle (x10)
  4. Censer (x1)
  5. Rations (1 day) (4 lb.) (5x)
  6. Tinderbox (1 lb.)
  7. Vestments (x1)
  8. Waterskin (5 lb.)
  9. Two-person tent (20 lb.)

Alms Box

Pouch

1. (3x) Bag of Caltrops (qty. 20)

Edited by ArtamenaV (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20+4 10

Out of his element, the thief dragged his fuzzy feet during the first day's trek. Ostensibly as 'eyes on the rear', the sad truth was Chipluck was simply slower than the others...and having a rough time. While a champion of short sprints, the halfling's endurance and long game were seriously lacking.

Not to mention the worthless gold dust he was covered in.

The gold dust assailing his nostrils and watering his eyes, itchy tickles all over his face. He might've been lost or out of sight at times, but the little sniffles betraying his allergies always gave him away. He imagined the beautiful gold pollen mocking his greed, the pines delivering an endless supply of the glittering gemdust.

With roiling and irrational vindictiveness the suffering cosmopolitan started to hate the trees with their endless budding rain. Gnobby growths and dark hollows became snickering faces with leering leaf tongues and thorny whiskers. Despite the horrific visages, the halfling's curiosity got the better of him at one point. Hearing the tell-tale warbling of a red throated thrush, the thief's hand entered a wandering burrow expecting to find fresh eggs.

Instead the hunter found only a flurry of tiny bites and scratches from the family of weasels huddled up inside.

Chip was happy to make camp, however, when he could finally allow some semblance of civilization to again dominate the wilds. Washing his face and eyes with soap and hot water, taking tea with some of the fresh oranges he had purchased, and finally sealing his tent away from the offensive airs of nature did a lot of good to put the chipper back in Chipluck.

ooc: Chipluck will make a simple alarm for the camp using string and bells. He will also offer to take the last (morning) watch.

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+5 3