Game thread IC

Ziminar

Victor - Aberrant Mind Sorcerer 1

“My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought. | My actions . . .

With every step away from the tree it started building. Like the cool wind or dim light which warned of the coming thunderstorm. Even with the warning, Victor was unprepared when the storm hit. Stopping almost in mid step the young man leaned heavily on his staff as pain flashed through his skull like a lightning strike. His stomach churned as the entire world turned sideways and then righted itself. Catching a ragged breath Victor began to push back against the pain in his skull, thankful he had not over indulged at a breakfast and knowing he would be emptying it back onto the road if he had. A slow breath as he pushed back against the other, another he layered in those mental barriers which offered him some little comfort.

Victor silently chided himself for not being prepared, lulled into a foolish lapse by the moments of peace offered by the tree's presence. That other part of his mind which sparked his power had awoken and reminded him that it was always there.

'Welcome back old friend' and somewhere in his mind Victor thought he heard laughter in response.

OOC

If the perception roll is for at camp, Victor will be recovered. If it is anywhere around the start of the walk, he is too busy putting his mind back together to notice anything at all.

Edited by Drifter Dwarf (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+2 20

Trisae ArabrahelTrisae Arabrahel

Level 1 Drow Entertainer Sorcerer

AC: 15 (Dex 2 + Draconic Resilience 13); HP: 9/9 (1/1d6 + 2 + 1) 100%; Speed: 30 ft.

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (−1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 14 (+2); INT: 12 (+1); WIS: 10 (+0); CHA: 17 (+3)

Sorcery Points:

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: Cantrips Known (4 + 1); Spells Known (2)

Spell Slots: 1st

Senses: darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12, passive Insight 10, passive Investigation 11; Tools: disguise kit, flute; Armor: none; Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows; Languages: Common, Elven; Size: Medium; Age: 21; Height: 5′–3″ (160 cm); Weight: 85 lb. (38.6 kg); Hair: Silver; Eyes: Magenta; Skin: Anthracite-Coal Black

Inventory

Money

PP

GP

SP

EP

CP

10 gp Gems

50 gp Gems

100 gp Gems

500 gp Gems

1,000 gp Gems

5,000 gp Gems

25 gp Art Objects

250 gp Art Objects

750 gp Art Objects

2,500 gp Art Objects

7,500 gp Art Objects

• Starting Gold: 15 from background.
  • Bought: a pound of Flour (2 cp), a Whetstone (1 cp), a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), Traveler’s Clothes (2 gp), a Bell (1 gp), a Blanket (5 sp), a Grappling Hook (2 gp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), a Signal Whistle (5 cp), a Steel Mirror (5 gp), and a piece of chalk (1 cp), for a total of 12.79 gp.

Inventory

• 1 :: belt pouch containing 15 gp; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; A cloth or leather pouch can hold up to 20 sling bullets or 50 blowgun needles, among other things. A compartmentalized pouch for holding spell components is called a component pouch. A pouch can hold up to ⅕ cubic foot or 6 pounds of gear.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 20/20 :: bolts; Ammunition; 5 cp, 1.2 oz. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: component pouch; Adventuring gear; 25 gp, 2 lb.; A component pouch is a small, watertight leather belt pouch that has compartments to hold all the material components and other special items you need to cast your spells, except for those components that have a specific cost (as indicated in a spell’s description).; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: costume clothes; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 2/2 :: daggers; Weapon; Simple weapon, melee weapon; 2 gp, 1 lb.; 1d4 piercing - finesse, light, thrown (20/60 ft.); Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • Finesse. When making an attack with a finesse weapon, you use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls. You must use the same modifier for both rolls.;
    • Light. A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when fighting with two weapons.
    • Thrown. If a weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon to make a ranged attack. If the weapon is a melee weapon, you use the same ability modifier for that attack roll and damage roll that you would use for a melee attack with the weapon. For example, if you throw a handaxe, you use your Strength, but if you throw a dagger, you can use either your Strength or your Dexterity, since the dagger has the finesse property.
  • 1 :: dungeoneer’s pack; Adventuring gear; 12 gp, 61½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.; Includes:
    • 1 :: backpack; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; A backpack can hold one cubic foot or 30 pounds of gear. You can also strap items, such as a bedroll or a coil of rope, to the outside of a backpack.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: crowbar; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; Using a crowbar grants advantage to Strength checks where the crowbar’s leverage can be applied.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: hammer; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: pitons; Adventuring gear; 5 cp, ¼ lb. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: torches; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; A torch burns for 1 hour, providing bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. If you make a melee attack with a burning torch and hit, it deals 1 fire damage.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: tinderbox; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; This small container holds flint, fire steel, and tinder (usually dry cloth soaked in light oil) used to kindle a fire. Using it to light a torch—or anything else with abundant, exposed fuel—takes an action. Lighting any other fire takes 1 minute.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: days of rations; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 2 lb. (each); Rations consist of dry foods suitable for extended travel, including jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: waterskin; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 5 lb. (full); A waterskin can hold up to 4 pints of liquid.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: 50 feet of hempen rope; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 10 lb.; Rope, whether made of hemp or silk, has 2 hit points and can be burst with a DC 17 Strength check.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: light crossbow; Weapon; Simple weapon, ranged weapon; 25 gp, 5 lb.; 1d8 piercing - ammunition (80/320 ft.), loading, two-handed; Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
    • Range. A weapon that can be used to make a ranged attack has a range shown in parentheses after the ammunition or thrown property. The range lists two numbers. The first is the weapon’s normal range in feet, and the second indicates the weapon’s maximum range. When attacking a target beyond normal range, you have disadvantage on the attack roll. You can’t attack a target beyond the weapon’s long range.
    • Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. Loading a one-handed weapon requires a free hand. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield.
         If you use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a melee attack, you treat the weapon as an improvised weapon. A sling must be loaded to deal any damage when used in this way.
    • Loading. Because of the time required to load this weapon, you can fire only one piece of ammunition from it when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to fire it, regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.
    • Two-Handed. This weapon requires two hands to use. This property is relevant only when you attack with the weapon, not when you simply hold it.
  • 1 :: musical instrument (one of your choice: flute); Instrument; 2 gp, 1 lb.; If you have proficiency with a given musical instrument, you can add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to play music with the instrument. A bard can use a musical instrument as a spellcasting focus. Each type of musical instrument requires a separate proficiency.; Source: PHB, page 154. Additional information from XGE, page 83. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
       Proficiency with a musical instrument indicates you are familiar with the techniques used to play it. You also have knowledge of some songs commonly performed with that instrument.;
    • History. Your expertise aids you in recalling lore related to your instrument.
    • Performance. Your ability to put on a good show is improved when you incorporate an instrument into your act.
    • Compose a Tune. As part of a long rest, you can compose a new tune and lyrics for your instrument. You might use this ability to impress a noble or spread scandalous rumors with a catchy tune.
    • Musical Instrument Activity (DC)
      • Identify a tune (DC 10)
      • Improvise a tune (DC 20)
  • 1 :: the favor of an admirer (Rolled 2: a piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight)
  • 1 :: Trinket: (rolled 44) a mechanical canary inside a gnomish lamp
  • 1 :: Flour; Trade good; 2 cp, 1 lb.; Most wealth is not in coins. It is measured in livestock, grain, land, rights to collect taxes, or rights to resources (such as a mine or a forest).; Guilds, nobles, and royalty regulate trade. Chartered companies are granted rights to conduct trade along certain routes, to send merchant ships to various ports, or to buy or sell specific goods. Guilds set prices for the goods or services that they control, and determine who may or may not offer those goods and services. Merchants commonly exchange trade goods without using currency.; Source: PHB, page 157. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Whetstone; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Two-Person Tent; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 20 lb.; A simple and portable canvas shelter, a tent sleeps two.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Traveler’s Clothes; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Bell; Adventuring gear; 1 gp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Blanket; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Grappling Hook; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Mess Kit; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 1 lb.; This tin box contains a cup and simple cutlery. The box clamps together, and one side can be used as a cooking pan and the other as a plate or shallow bowl.; Source: PHB, page 152. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Signal Whistle; Adventuring gear; 5 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Steel Mirror; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, ½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Chalk (1 piece); Adventuring gear; 1 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

Aelysûne bounds up to the breakfast table, "Good Morning, everyone!" She greets a bit overexcitedly as she gathers up some food for her plate, surprised that it is still warm, "May the seven stars bless you!" 

“And Eilistraee’s blessings be upon you, as well, Ms. Aelysûne! Good morning!” returns the greeting. “I was not a little worried when you hadn’t come down for breakfast. Imagine my surprise to find you coming back in through the front door!”

As they set out, from her backpack, Trisae takes an absurdly wide-brimmed hat—part of her traveling clothes—and puts it on. It’s white and comically mismatched with her black and magenta clothing.

Trisae takes in the scent of the morning dew and of the wildflowers, and the sounds of the singing birds. However, she sticks to the shadows, as direct sunlight makes it virtually impossible for her to see. The rays filtered through the leaves of the trees are greatly appreciated, but she dreads having to travel through an open field.

Regardless of whatever shadows she squeezes into, the objects of her sight are nonetheless enveloped in sunlight. She does her best, but she’s thankful for the absurdly wide-brimmed hat she must wear just so she can see her own steps!

Trisae approves of Chipluck’s makeshift alarm and lends her own bell to the task. “Double the bells, double the alarm, right?”

She will then take 3rd watch, though she’ll cook breakfast for everyone over the campfire and have some light chit-chat with Chipluck during his watch. When he laments his slow pace, she giggles and points at her strikingly magenta eyes. “The price I pay for being able to see twice as far as the rest of you in the dark is that I fall all over myself during the day—barely able to even see my own feet! Don’t sweat your slow pace, Mr. Chipluck. We all have our own strengths and talents—but they often come at a cost. Let me tell you, I can’t wait to start delving a dungeon or exploring a cave.”

OOC

Movement:

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Wisdom (Perception) check (disadvantage from sunlight sensitivity)
keep(2d20,lowest,1)+2 3,17

My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought| My actions . . .

As they make camp, Victor seems to have recovered from his earlier struggles. He had been travelling for the past couple of years, so the methodic steady beat of one step after another was at least a comfort in its routine. Victor referenced his new compass a few times just to make sure they were headed in the general direction. it was definitely easier to follow a merchant caravan on an established route than their current endeavor.

At the camp, Victor assists in gathering wood for a fire and spends time sitting next to it. He does not set up a tent, in fact he is not carrying one, but instead finds a spot not far from the fire to setup his bed roll. As evening arrives, Victor sits quietly and meditates for a while, centering and clearing his thoughts. It had been a long day, but this was only the beginning. What might he learn on this journey? Was it something he really wanted to know?

OOC

Victor will take a turn at watch in whatever slot. Maybe first or last if given a preference.

Posted (edited)

As you keep to the northeast you look around to see if you see any sign of the scouts that are supposed to have come through here, but although the forest is quite dense you see no sign of broken twigs or footsteps in the moss on the forest floor or something else that indicates someone walked this path before you.
You just have to rely on your compass and the directions the High Council gave you are correct.

As you venture deeper into the forest and the hour becomes later you do notice some subtle changes in the forest.
When you started your journey the forest was lush with plants and flowers but as you travelled further that has become somewhat less.
How long was it since you last heard a bird make a noise?

As the end of the draws near, dusk is settling in as you decide to set up camp in a small clearing.

DM

Please continue until everybody is asleep except for the first watch, that person can make another Perception check.

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)

As Durin trudges through the forest falling a bit behind because of his short legs but just before Chipluck because of his even shorter legs, he keeps mulling over what this all means and why he in particular has been sent out with this group to search for the crystal.
Or not even the crystal itself even, just the missing persons who were looking for any clues about the disappearance of the crystal.
Durin had never been good in anything in particular, he couldn't think of a single reason why the High Council would select him for this important task, what made him so special?

Aelysûne

"So, Durin, was it?" Aelysûne chooses, hopefully being perceived as random, "Where are you from?"

Somewhat startled by her question as he hadnt noticed Aelysûne sneak up on him, he answers:
"Er yes, fair lady Aelysûne. Durin Barrelhammer, I'm a member of the order of the Sacred Anvil." Durin answers proudly,
"Our monastery stands between the beautiful rolling hills up north near the mountains of Hammerpeak Heights and the giant forest to the south."
Mentioning the beautiful green hills makes him feel homesick, he wishes he had never received the invitation and was tending the garden at the monastery or even better, brewing a nice cool amber ale.
He suddenly realizes Aelysûne is looking at him quizically because of his sudden silence.
"I'm sorry lady Aelysûne, I have never been this far from home in my entire life and I must admit that I'm quite homesick."

As the day continues Durin's legs become heavier and heavier, monastery life has made him lazy.
After a long day of hiking through the dense forest Durin is so tired that he is happy to hear others offer to take watch in turns.
Sleep comes quickly for Durin.

spacer.pngThe dragonborn eats his fill and leaves with the others keeping to himself as they travel, humming tunes that were being sang in the arenas.

"It's nice being out in the open, rather than in the halls of the arenas, in there all you could smell was the stench of others, sweat, pi**, sh*t, fear, terrible smells, could never get used to any of them. It was a blessing to actually be out fighting sometimes." He would say, referring back to his gladiator days.

They travelled as far as they could for the day, he could see that some of them weren't ready for such ventures, but he didn't mind. He set himself up comfortably and readied a fire for the group.

"Who wishes to take first watch? I'm still good," he said as he patted his chest. "I volunteer, if anyone wants to join me, say so, but I don't have a problem doing it on my own, more fun." 

AC: 15 (Dex 2 + Draconic Resilience 13); HP: 9/9 (1/1d6 + 2 + 1) 100%; Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 8 (−1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 14 (+2); INT: 12 (+1); WIS: 10 (+0); CHA: 17 (+3)

Sorcery Points:

Senses: darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12, passive Insight 10, passive Investigation 11; Tools: disguise kit, flute; Armor: none; Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows; Languages: Common, Elven; Size: Medium; Age: 21; Height: 5′–3″ (160 cm); Weight: 85 lb. (38.6 kg); Hair: Silver; Eyes: Magenta; Skin: Anthracite-Coal Black

Inventory

Money

PP

GP

SP

EP

CP

10 gp Gems

50 gp Gems

100 gp Gems

500 gp Gems

1,000 gp Gems

5,000 gp Gems

25 gp Art Objects

250 gp Art Objects

750 gp Art Objects

2,500 gp Art Objects

7,500 gp Art Objects

• Bought: a pound of Flour (2 cp), a Whetstone (1 cp), a Two-Person Tent (2 gp), Traveler’s Clothes (2 gp), a Bell (1 gp), a Blanket (5 sp), a Grappling Hook (2 gp), a Mess Kit (2 sp), a Signal Whistle (5 cp), a Steel Mirror (5 gp), and a piece of chalk (1 cp), for a total of 12.79 gp.

Inventory

• 1 :: belt pouch containing 15 gp; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; A cloth or leather pouch can hold up to 20 sling bullets or 50 blowgun needles, among other things. A compartmentalized pouch for holding spell components is called a component pouch. A pouch can hold up to ⅕ cubic foot or 6 pounds of gear.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 20/20 :: bolts; Ammunition; 5 cp, 1.2 oz. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: component pouch; Adventuring gear; 25 gp, 2 lb.; A component pouch is a small, watertight leather belt pouch that has compartments to hold all the material components and other special items you need to cast your spells, except for those components that have a specific cost (as indicated in a spell’s description).; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: costume clothes; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 2/2 :: daggers; Weapon; Simple weapon, melee weapon; 2 gp, 1 lb.; 1d4 piercing - finesse, light, thrown (20/60 ft.); Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • Finesse. When making an attack with a finesse weapon, you use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls. You must use the same modifier for both rolls.;
    • Light. A light weapon is small and easy to handle, making it ideal for use when fighting with two weapons.
    • Thrown. If a weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon to make a ranged attack. If the weapon is a melee weapon, you use the same ability modifier for that attack roll and damage roll that you would use for a melee attack with the weapon. For example, if you throw a handaxe, you use your Strength, but if you throw a dagger, you can use either your Strength or your Dexterity, since the dagger has the finesse property.
  • 1 :: dungeoneer’s pack; Adventuring gear; 12 gp, 61½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.; Includes:
    • 1 :: backpack; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; A backpack can hold one cubic foot or 30 pounds of gear. You can also strap items, such as a bedroll or a coil of rope, to the outside of a backpack.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: crowbar; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 5 lb.; Using a crowbar grants advantage to Strength checks where the crowbar’s leverage can be applied.; Source: PHB, page 151. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: hammer; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: pitons; Adventuring gear; 5 cp, ¼ lb. (each); Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 10/10 :: torches; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; A torch burns for 1 hour, providing bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. If you make a melee attack with a burning torch and hit, it deals 1 fire damage.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: tinderbox; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 1 lb.; This small container holds flint, fire steel, and tinder (usually dry cloth soaked in light oil) used to kindle a fire. Using it to light a torch—or anything else with abundant, exposed fuel—takes an action. Lighting any other fire takes 1 minute.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 9/10 :: days of rations; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 2 lb. (each); Rations consist of dry foods suitable for extended travel, including jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: waterskin; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 5 lb. (full); A waterskin can hold up to 4 pints of liquid.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
    • 1 :: 50 feet of hempen rope; Adventuring gear; 1 gp, 10 lb.; Rope, whether made of hemp or silk, has 2 hit points and can be burst with a DC 17 Strength check.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: light crossbow; Weapon; Simple weapon, ranged weapon; 25 gp, 5 lb.; 1d8 piercing - ammunition (80/320 ft.), loading, two-handed; Source: PHB, page 149. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
    • Range. A weapon that can be used to make a ranged attack has a range shown in parentheses after the ammunition or thrown property. The range lists two numbers. The first is the weapon’s normal range in feet, and the second indicates the weapon’s maximum range. When attacking a target beyond normal range, you have disadvantage on the attack roll. You can’t attack a target beyond the weapon’s long range.
    • Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. Loading a one-handed weapon requires a free hand. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield.
         If you use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a melee attack, you treat the weapon as an improvised weapon. A sling must be loaded to deal any damage when used in this way.
    • Loading. Because of the time required to load this weapon, you can fire only one piece of ammunition from it when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to fire it, regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.
    • Two-Handed. This weapon requires two hands to use. This property is relevant only when you attack with the weapon, not when you simply hold it.
  • 1 :: musical instrument (one of your choice: flute); Instrument; 2 gp, 1 lb.; If you have proficiency with a given musical instrument, you can add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to play music with the instrument. A bard can use a musical instrument as a spellcasting focus. Each type of musical instrument requires a separate proficiency.; Source: PHB, page 154. Additional information from XGE, page 83. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.;
       Proficiency with a musical instrument indicates you are familiar with the techniques used to play it. You also have knowledge of some songs commonly performed with that instrument.;
    • History. Your expertise aids you in recalling lore related to your instrument.
    • Performance. Your ability to put on a good show is improved when you incorporate an instrument into your act.
    • Compose a Tune. As part of a long rest, you can compose a new tune and lyrics for your instrument. You might use this ability to impress a noble or spread scandalous rumors with a catchy tune.
  • 1 :: the favor of an admirer (Rolled 2: a piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight)
  • 1 :: Flour; Trade good; 2 cp, 1 lb.; Most wealth is not in coins. It is measured in livestock, grain, land, rights to collect taxes, or rights to resources (such as a mine or a forest).; Guilds, nobles, and royalty regulate trade. Chartered companies are granted rights to conduct trade along certain routes, to send merchant ships to various ports, or to buy or sell specific goods. Guilds set prices for the goods or services that they control, and determine who may or may not offer those goods and services. Merchants commonly exchange trade goods without using currency.; Source: PHB, page 157. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Whetstone; Adventuring gear; 1 cp, 1 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Two-Person Tent; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 20 lb.; A simple and portable canvas shelter, a tent sleeps two.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Traveler’s Clothes; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Bell; Adventuring gear; 1 gp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Blanket; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 3 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Grappling Hook; Adventuring gear; 2 gp, 4 lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Mess Kit; Adventuring gear; 2 sp, 1 lb.; This tin box contains a cup and simple cutlery. The box clamps together, and one side can be used as a cooking pan and the other as a plate or shallow bowl.; Source: PHB, page 152. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Signal Whistle; Adventuring gear; 5 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Steel Mirror; Adventuring gear; 5 gp, ½ lb.; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.
  • 1 :: Chalk (1 piece); Adventuring gear; 1 cp; Source: PHB, page 150. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.

Another—thankfully—uneventful day of travel ends with making camp.

As they traveled along, small talk with Trisae reveals that . . .

• Eilistraee. Trisae is actually very religious and devoted to Eilistraee, the one good goddess of the drow. “I could have easily been a priestess of Eilistraee. And in a way, all of us—adherents of the dark maiden, that is—all of us technically are.”
  • Solitary, but lonely. Trisae has lead a mostly solitary, but lonely existence. “I mostly keep to myself, though I try to ‘be the change I want to see in the world’, so to speak. That is to say, I ferverently want to see the return of my people to the surface, but not so many people on the surface want to see that return. Sometimes I have to skedaddle before I can even get through the front gates.”
  • Music Lover. Trisae regularly plays her flute during breaks and meals, keeping everyone entertained. Often upbeat and lively, but sometimes solemn, dolorous, and painfully, soulfully beautiful.
  • Dancer. When not playing the music, she’s happy to dance with anyone who wants a dance partner—assuming anyone else is playing a tune. Otherwise, at midnight, she dances for her goddess, in honor of Eilistraee, facing the moon. Her dance includes a simple, wooden bastard sword. If anyone asks, she explains, “When I can afford one, I shall purchase a proper sword.”

When Kresh offers to take first watch, Trisae nods. “I’ll take third watch and join someone else on fourth watch. “I leave myself in your watchful care, Mr. Kresh.”

OOC

Movement:

Action: —

Interact-with-Object:

Ultonius sits on the almost barren ground, leaning casually against a smooth rock. He looks at the blanket he bought earlier, but decides not to use it. Instead, he turns toward Kresh's roaring fire and warms his hands.

Nodding to the green barbarian, Ultonius speaks. "We must thank you for selflessly making the fire. A stellar job indeed." The grateful rogue's eyes dart back and forth, surveying the clearing for any activity. He continues to address Kresh. "I'll join you on first watch. I'm not much of an early sleeper anyway."

Unsure if these parts were considered the outskirts of the forest, Ultonius chose to avoid slumber until he familiarized himself with the area surrounding the clearing. He desperately wanted, and needed, to quash his anxiety.

There were some glimmers of hope during the trek from the great oaken tree to this location. Though there were only a few breaks so far, Trisae would play her flute during each. She entertained the group, and the upbeat tunes somehow kept Ultonius' intrusive musings at bay. Additionally, the more he learned about the party, the less he obsessed about the pirates.

Ultonius wished he could hear the music right now, but Trisae had just turned in for the evening. He thought about the breakfast she'd prepared, which led to thoughts about Kresh's generous behavior as well.

'Two people showing kindness in the same party?' he mused with a touch of cynicism. 'Too good to be true.'

My words,” Victor said. ‘My thoughts,’  Victor thought| My actions . . .

Except for the early return of his headache, Victor found he had actually enjoyed the long walk with his new associates. As he chatted with others, he did not reveal much, although he does mention that his mother was a kitchen servant and that he essentially grew up in a kitchen.

As first watch is established, "I will take second watch then and wake Trisae for hers." He felt a little guilty at having to disturb the dark elf, but was glad to see everyone was being careful. He smiled to himself at the small tent she called a hat.

Unrolling his bedroll a bit farther from the fire, Victor sits quietly meditating for a few moments as the two interesting guards start first watch. His eyes closed, he has a small bag of objects which he pulls out touching one or the other. Breathing deeply and focusing on the familiar items, he stills his mind. Quietly going through the steps he has learned to quiet his thoughts. The last thing he wanted was to wake in one of Kesh's gladiatorial memories. The meditation and ritual did not completely banish the nightmares which had plagued his youth, but it helped.

Victor rolls up into his bedroll and drifts off quickly.

As dusk settles in and the air become a lot colder than one would expect in such a dense forest everybody gets ready to get some sleep.
The forest is really quiet, too quiet.

DM

Whoever takes first watch make a Perception check

Sorcery Points:

Inventory

Money

PP

GP

SP

EP

CP

10 gp Gems

50 gp Gems

100 gp Gems

500 gp Gems

1,000 gp Gems

5,000 gp Gems

25 gp Art Objects

250 gp Art Objects

750 gp Art Objects

2,500 gp Art Objects

7,500 gp Art Objects

Inventory

• 9/10 :: days of rations; Adventuring gear; 5 sp, 2 lb. (each); Rations consist of dry foods suitable for extended travel, including jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts.; Source: PHB, page 153. Available in the SRD and the Basic Rules.

Although she is only semiconscious during her four-hour trance, Trisae makes a perception check with disadvantage during first and second watches.

Trisae and her big hat during the day due to sunlight sensitivity.

Trisae with Her Big Sun Hat Trisae with Her Big Sun Hat

Trisae dancing for Eilistraee under the light of the moon at night.

image.png.bbe810b185da762a9c6b2218d888cabb.png

OOC

Movement:

Action: 1st watch: Trancing, but semiconscious: disadvantage on perception checks (rolled 3, but result is 7 (passive Perception 12 – 5 for disadvantage = 7).
2nd watch: Trancing, but semiconscious: disadvantage on perception checks (rolled 5, but result is 7 (same as avove).
3rd watch: rolled a 5—she must be distracted talking with Durin?
4th watch: rolled a 14—apparently less distracted than she had been.

Interact-with-Object:

Name
First Watch Wisdom (Perception) Check with Disadvantage (Trancing)
keep(2d20,lowest)+2 1,6
Second Watch Wisdom (Perception) Check with Disadvantage (Trancing)
keep(2d20,lowest)+2 16,3
Third Watch Wisdom (Perception) Check (Darkvision to 120 ft)
1d20+2 3
Fourth Watch Wisdom (Perception) Check (Darkvision to 120 ft)
1d20+2 12

spacer.pngKresh takes his post for the watch and lets his keen senses go to work, he listens to the sounds around the camp, checks the trees and bushes near the group before he sits down by his watch partner.

"Ultonius, you had arrived earlier than me, tell me, what made you want to go on this mission?" He asked.

Roll

Edited by The_Dark_Star (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20+1 17

AelysuneTokengoldpng.png.8588921d605f0da194c1a1871835a643.pngAelysûne Teuvel - Life Domain Cleric of Selûne 1

Character Sheet

“My words,” Aelysûne said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Aelysûne thought. | My actions . . .

Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 11 (+0)
Constitution: 17 (+3)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

AC: 13
HP: 11/11

PP: 14

OOC

Finals T_T If anything I can at least roll for perception

Spells

Spellcasting

Hit Dice: 1d8 per cleric level
Hit Points at 1st Level: (8) + (CM 3) = 11
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per cleric level after 1st

Spell Save DC = 8 + PB + WM = 12

Spell attack modifier = PB + WM = 4

Cantrips

1. [X] Guidance
  2. [X] Light
  3. [X] Thaumaturgy

1st Level [][] Slots

1. [X] Cure Wounds
  2. [X] Bless
  3. [X] Guiding Bolt

Stat Block

Aelysûne Teuvel
Cleric of Selûne - Life Domain
Deity: Selûne, Goddess of the Moon
Medium Humanoid, Chaotic Good

AC 13 / HP 11 / Speed 30 ft / Initiative +0/ Proficiency Bonus +2

Str 8 (-1) Dex 11 (+0) Con 17 (+3)
Wis 14 (+2) Int 12 (+1) Cha 14 (+2)

Senses

Saving Throws

Skill Proficiencies

Tool Proficiencies

Attacks
Crossbow, light: 80(320), HIT/DC +2 Damage 1d8 piercing

Guiding Bolt: 120ft., HIT/DC +4, 4d6 Radiant, Duration 1Rnd

Mace 5ft. reach, HIT/DC +1, 1d6-1 Bludgeoning

Actions

Bonus Action: Two-Weapon Fighting

Racial Traits

Cleric Traits

Background

Inventory

Gp: 3 Sp: - Cp: -

Equipped

1. Clothes, Common
  2. Crossbow Bolts (x20)
  3. Crossbow, light
  4. Holy Symbol of Selûne
  5. Leather, Light Armor (AC 11)
  6. Mace
  7. Rope, Silk (50 ft)
  8. Shield (+2 AC)

Backpack

1. Blanket (3 lb.)
  2. Block of Incense (x2)
  3. Candle (x10)
  4. Censer (x1)
  5. Rations (1 day) (4 lb.) (5x)
  6. Tinderbox (1 lb.)
  7. Vestments (x1)
  8. Waterskin (5 lb.)
  9. Two-person tent (20 lb.)

Alms Box

Pouch

1. (3x) Bag of Caltrops (qty. 20)

Name
Perception Check (d20+4)
1d20+4 18

Roll (1d20 + 0 = 1)

OOC: Ha! Figures my first roll is a one. Anyway, can someone tell me if I did this correctly? I added my wisdom modifier to the roll, and I don't believe my class features an applicable bonus. Thanks.

Edited by Green Ice Cream (see edit history)
Name
Perception Check
1d20+0 1

Posted (edited)

As the dusk turns into a night the forest becomes pitch black, except for where the light of the fire built by Kresh manages to penetrate the night.
Looking around all you can see is trees with your own dancing shadow projected unto those trees.
The forest is so quiet you almost become convinced there is no living creature in the forest, at least not at night. It's like the creatures normally roaming the forest at night looking for food are afraid to come out.
You wonder if something is wrong and if it has something to do with the disappearance of the crystal.
Staring into the flames your mind starts to wander, the flames almost have an hypnotic effect on you. 
Both Kresh and Ultonius can hear some twigs breaking and a faint foul smell prickling their noses.

Edited by Ziminar (see edit history)
Name
Perception Check Ultonius
1d20+0 18