Eye of the Tiger (RP thread for Iron Tiger)

Papa Bear

"Oh My GAWD!" The girls start screaming and jumping up and down excitedly. "I never had a hero save me before." One of the girls says with a big smile on her face.

"Can't you please just take us home?" The other girl asks. "He's just a big drunk passed out on the sidewalk. I will pay you double."

OIP.jpg.37e9046ba53e900e2a9991a847da1feb.jpgJonny Chen
OCV: 6 | DCV: 7 | Stun: 50/50 | Body: 20/20 | End: 40/40 | Conditions: none

Double? Well, that changes things a bit. Jonny looks again to see if club security has noticed the scuffle outside their doors, sure enough, here they come, too late to do anything truly useful. One big bruiser, check, one glad hander type who can smooth things over without a fight, check. Addressing the smoother, Jonny lays out his case. "These ladies would like to be on their way home quickly. Best we just put this down to too much booze and a drunken fall. He wants to sell a different story when he wakes up, you can get ahold of me then, but I'd bet he won't insist too hard." Jonny can see they aren't quite buying it, maybe he was too obviously eager to leave. Still, they don't want too much attention or trouble, they might let him slide anyhow.

Mechanics

Figuring club security is mostly interested in making sure the big guy survives (nothing quite like a passed-out patron choking on their own vomit on your sidewalk to ruin a club's cachet) and knowing they can track him down through Uber if they have to, Jonny will gladly hand over contact information and hopefully head for the hills. Gonna make a Persuasion roll just in case.

Name
Persuasion 8- (possible modifiers)
3d6 5,5,6

"Yeah, he was laying there when we came out to meet our Uber driver." the girl who offered to pay double adds. The other girl is staring at Jonny and twirling her hair.

One of the security guards looks at Jonny with a furrowed brow as if trying to figure out how the much smaller man was able to beat up the marine. "Yeah, we know this guy." The other guard says, bending down to check out the marine and, seeing the man is breathing smoothly but just 'sleeping'. The second guy stands, comes over to Jonny, puts an arm over Jonny's shoulder and, leaning in close to whisper, "This guy and his buddies started harrassing girls a couple weeks ago. You come hang out here for an hour around this time for a couple weeks, we'll make it worth your while." He says, then slips Jonny a hundred-dollar bill. He then turns to his 'partner' and says, "Flag down an officer and get this guy hauled off to the drunk tank." He turns to the ladies, nods at them and explains that he hopes they won't hold the club responsible for the actions of creeps outside the club and tries to reassure them that the club is taking actions to ensure the safety of their patrons and offers them two free passes to get into the club. Then he turns and heads back to the club leaving the other man to do as he was 'told'. Its clear to Jonny that the man was either the owner or manager of the club.

Later, Jonny would learn that after the club reaches capacity, the security that man the door come inside and the club's doors are closed. Like most clubs, they don't let people in after 10pm or so or after capacity has been reached, and the additional security inside helps keep things calm as the patrons get more inebriated. If Jonny comes by next week, the man will come out and slip Jonny another hundred and thank him, offering him a job. He tells Jonny that as he drove up, their security cameras saw the trio high tail it away. He's got a guy watching the cameras now full time.

Of course, if he takes the job, it means Jonny would have to be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 7:30 (half an hour before the club opens) to 2am when the club closes due to the alcohol law that cut sales off at 2am.

The hair twirler bounces and giggles, running up to Jonny and throwing her arms around him, kissing him on the cheek (he felt tongue and wonders if she meant that to be a full on kiss but missed because she is obviously drunk).

The other girl, much more sober, says, "Come on, let's get her home." and thanks Jonny for his timely intervention.

OIP.jpg.37e9046ba53e900e2a9991a847da1feb.jpgJonny Chen
OCV: 6 | DCV: 7 | Stun: 50/50 | Body: 20/20 | End: 40/40 | Conditions: none

"Seems like a good idea." A very good idea, Hair Twirler was definitely not in any place to be doing anything but going to bed.

Having got the girls safely home, Jonny takes the rest of the night off, not that there was much left anyhow. He could have probably picked up a few late partiers but no need.

Dropping by the club the next week, Jonny reluctantly turns down the job, spinning some BS about needing a flex schedule because of some family drama. He knows the club would be just as happy if the troublemakers went elsewhere, but he would rather encourage them to not make trouble at all, hard to do when tied down to a specific spot all evening. "Best I can do is park around here sometimes when I'm between clients. Won't take any money for that, but it's unpredictable enough to give those bums some pause, maybe spread word to their buddies, give you a little less trouble anyhow." Jonny intends to keep an eye out for the trio, not that he'd give them any trouble if they seemed to be behaving themselves, but maybe just seeing him around would act as a reminder to keep civilized.

Mechanics