Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3 Slot 4 Bonus
EMT "Go Bag" EMT "Go Bag"      
Survival Kit Survival Kit      
Medications and drugs        
Collection of Seeds        

Stored Items Location

TINY ITEMS

Vehicle Maneuverability Damage Hull Armour  

1. Choose an archetype - Paramedic (Custom)
  2. Choose a name - Deano "Dino" Alexander
  3. Choose an Issue - Hard to trust strangers.
  4. Choose your Drive - "There is always a solution"
  5. Distribute 13 points amongst your attributes
    1. Strength: 2
    2. Agility: 3
    3. Wits: 5
    4. Empathy: 3
  6. Distribute 12 points amongst your skills
    1. Close Combat: 2
    2. Endure: 1
    3. Force:
    4. Mobility:
    5. Ranged Combat: 2
    6. Stealth: 1
    7. Scout: 1
    8. Survival: 2
    9. Tech: 0
    10. Leadership: 0
    11. Manipulation: 0
    12. Medicine: 3
  7. Choose a talent - Emergency Medicine
  8. Choose your gear

Elevator Pitch:

"Little did I know, my life was about to take a drastic turn. With a resume boasting Army Combat Medic school, Ranger school, SF Selection and Robin Sage, plus 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I thought I had seen it all. But then came the Zombie Apocalypse. After my last tour in '08, I left the army and settled back North of Denver in Loveland, CO close to my family and the Muache Ute Nation in Colorado. I took up a job as a paramedic, working out of the UC Medical Center and it's "Lifeline" emergency medical services splitting time between ground and air duties. I thought it would be a walk in the park compared to my time in the military. But I was in for a rude awakening. Most of my calls were for drunks, bar fights, and overdoses from meth addicts.

That is, until the first 'dead' showed up. It was a typical Friday night, filled with high school football games, rowdy teenagers, and local rivalries. I was on Truck 2 when the call came in for a traffic crash with multiple injuries and one fatality. As we arrived at the scene, Truck 1 was already there, working on the deceased. The rest of the injuries seemed minor, just a few concussions here and there. But then, as we were discussing the situation, a soft moan came from under the sheet covering the body. We all froze as Jimmy, one of my fellow paramedics, knelt down to check on the 'dead' body. Suddenly, the body lunged up and started biting him. It was like a rabid dog attacking. We all jumped in to pull the man off of Jimmy and finally managed to restrain him on a gurney. But he didn't stop. He continued to thrash and try to bite anyone who came near him. We rushed Jimmy and the crazed man to the hospital, but that was the last time I saw Jimmy.

Soon after, some kind of riot or breakout occurred at "UC-Med", spreading to the streets. Within days, the city was under curfew and military units were going house to house and things went downhill from there. And that was just the beginning of the chaos. We had no idea what these 'walking dead' truly were. As society quickly crumbled, I grabbed my go bag and gear, stopped by the ready room and Truck 2 to gather as many medicines and supplies as I could, and headed towards the reservation or any place I could find safety."

Custom Gear List (Paramedic)

1. Basic Medical Gear (Paramedic)
  2. Medications and Drugs
  3. Pistol
  4. Combat knife.
  5. Poncho
  6. Survival kit

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
Gear rolls
repeat(1d6,3) 6,5,2
Scavenged gear
repeat(1d6,3) 6,6,2

Ok so Deano is ready. Not sure how you want to play the survival kit, seeds or the medicines kit contents. Want to use a narrative "I have X " within reason or do you want to spell out specifics?

2 hours ago, JagrHunter said:

Ok so Deano is ready. Not sure how you want to play the survival kit, seeds or the medicines kit contents. Want to use a narrative "I have X " within reason or do you want to spell out specifics?

Walking Dead is a very narrative game, so it makes sense to go for the Narrative route on how we're dealing with the rather undefined pieces of equipment from the core. For a suggestion on what those items give you mechanically, I have these in mind. Feel free to let me know how you feel about them:

• Survival Kit -> Choice of either +2 Endure or +1 Survival depending on how you're using the kit. You can only use this benefit once per day.
    Quality: Okay. So far, you've been using it every so often. Either to benefit yourself before (or during, regardless) you found the Haven or to help others survive. The equipment is worn, but there isn't any cause for maintenance concerns or malfunctions. Yet.
    Slots: 2
  • Poncho -> +1 Endure.
    Quality: Okay. Worn, but still serviceable.
    Slots: 1/2.
  • Collection of Seeds -> Fulfills plant seed Requirement for a Haven Project to Increase Capacity. Treat tech rating as +1 Higher for tech requirement to start project if used. One time use.

The Medicine Kit 'EMT Go-Bag' we'll treat as Basic Medical Gear at Okay Quality, though is that a leftover from a previous roll for gear, since you have five gear pieces overall (or, is it just the bag itself without the actual medication in it)? Your medication and drugs will give a +2 to Medicine, but at Bad quality since I imagine the medications possessed in that slot are excluded from typical over-the-counter drugs or what's found in the Go-Bag - so they're likely both in short supply and expiring / becoming useless since there's not much out here in the way of refrigeration, and your cold packs can only do so much.

Deano definitely is carrying that weight and a lot of callouses, both on his hands and likely in his soul; especially with that extensive military career backing up his likely traumatizing experiences during the initial first weeks of the outbreak. Why did Deano pursue a career in the military initially and double-down on specialized schools and opportunities like SF (and passing, which is quite a feat!) and Robin Sage? How does this aspect of his identity meld with other aspirations or frameworks of his self, like his relationship with his family / tribe and working as a first responder? Why medicine and enlisting with an MOS as a 68W (Combat Medic)?

With that in mind, I imagine those first couple of days were absolute hell for Dino. What were his thoughts when the military came in and established the safe-zones? Was he in one of them and 'voluntold' to help out in a makeshift hospital (or a real one within the confines of the Safe Zones themselves)? What's his perspective on September 9th, when the Air Force napalmed Denver and Marines were killing people on the streets, with Soldiers attempting to kill them?

Mechanically as discussed before, everything looks good so far! I like what I see, though what does his Drive 'There is always a Solution' mean to Dino? Is that medically or moreso something reflecting his personal ideology?

Growing up on or near the reservation, Deano, a young Native American, learned that culture and tradition are paramount. His grandfather, Thomas Five-Horses, a respected elder, instilled in him the history of the Ute nation, particularly the significance of horses and the noble warrior tradition of selfless service to one's tribe and nation. Despite this rich heritage, prospects in the area were scarce. After high school, Deano earned a wrestling scholarship to the University of Colorado, where he graduated with a BA in Emergency Medicine. Returning home, he found the lack of opportunities unchanged. A profound discussion with his grandfather about warrior and shamanistic traditions clarified Deano's path. He enlisted in the US Army as a combat medic.

Deano thrived in the rigorous Army training, with his first assignment at Fort Bragg, NC. His placement in the renowned 2 BCT of the 82nd Airborne Division offered advanced training opportunities, regardless of rank or job. The Airborne and pre-RASP courses readied him for Ranger School, the Army's premier leadership course. With advanced training came promotion and further education. An encounter with an SF team sergeant at Womack Army Medical Center's ER led Deano to his next objective.

Accepted into the SFAS course, Deano trained to become an 18D SF Medic. Completing the "Robin Sage" exercise, he earned his tab, beret, and the title of Green Beret.

Deano left the Army in 2008, returning to Colorado and the reservation. He obtained his paramedic certification and began working at the UC Medical Center.

Deano is silently revered by his family and tribe. Honored as both a warrior and a medic, he volunteers at the local tribal medical center, continuing his legacy of service.

When the Zombie Apocalypse occurred, Deano was on duty as chaos erupted. His military training and knowledge of local guerrilla support structures led him to view most "safe zones" as temporary solutions rather than long-term fixes. The events of September 9th signaled to him the beginning of the end. He neither supported nor faulted the USGOV forces, but he sensed the collapse was imminent. After finishing his last shift, he headed towards the Reservation, only to encounter hundreds of zombies roaming the streets en route to the tribal medical center. Realizing that survivors would have evacuated from the cities and towns, Deano turned away from his former home.

Deano's mantra, "there's always a solution," stems from his Special Forces days. There's always a way to address a problem; some solutions are straightforward, others are difficult, and some may lead to further issues. However, a solution exists. For instance, eliminating a local warlord who abuses children but provides food, safety, and shelter to many would be one example, or dealing with a notorious criminal possessing crucial information vital to the success of a mission would be another. Difficult times necessitate tough decisions.

Deano downplays his time in the Army, choosing instead to let his actions speak for themselves. Though he is fully capable of leading, he opts to let others take the lead, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within his skill set.

Posted (edited)

Deano's NPC

Betty "Anvil" Hall

Description

Betty.jpg.d580f1031e8c58ebc53732b9eb087f09.jpgA young lady of Native American heritage in her late teens with blue green hair and dark eyes. She dresses comfortably with a t-shirt and a hoodie, adding a heavier jacket when needed.

She also wears a turquoise necklace around her neck and holds it tight when stressed.

Deano found Betty hiding in a port-a-john as he was leaving the Rez. After some coaxing, she crawled out and he was able to give her a good once over and make sure she wasn't injured. They have traveled ever since. Deano expects a lot from Betty, as the Native American culture has endured so much, and she is the next generation. In return he shares their culture, survival tactics and some even hand to hand skills.

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)