https://i.ibb.co/HXTRQJm/Johan-remove.pngJohan
Gentleman Thief

High Concept: Reformed Thief trying to turn a new Leaf,

Trouble: Old Habits Die Hard

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Notice (+3); Stealth (+3)

Athletics (+2); Deceive (+2); Investigate (+2)

Empathy (+1); Lore (+1); Rapport (+1); Resources (+1)

Johan sat sipping a cuppachino in a relativly empty Cafe Nouveau, a bespoke little coffee shop just off of down town. It was kitschy in its own way and had a nice roast, but it was just a generic arabica bean but was treated well and was nice, but it was close to where he was and he didn't have to worry about flying about to get there. The price was premium, but that was to be expected due to the location.

Johan was had a copy of Don Quixote face down on the table as he flipped through his text messages, most of which were from political candidates wanting his vote, even though he was not a citizen and unable to vote in the United States.

OOC

Hide this

Edited by Unkabear (see edit history)

daemonmcknight256.png.a845d4b6ac4a903aa9e0ec8a50a2b7af.pngDaemon "D" McKnight

High Concept: Independent Shadow Hunter

Trouble: Tethered to an Ancient Ghost

Daemon walked down the sidewalk after parking his new truck down the road. He was supposed to physically meet with a new contact that he has never dealt with before, so he arrived an hour early to people watch. The contact insisted on a corner near the smoke shop, in full view of the public. An indication he didn't trust Daemon. Good, might mean he's not a threat if he's more of afraid of Daemon than the other way around. He continued to walk and passed Cafe Nouveau, glancing in briefly and he kept walking.

Was that Johan? It looked like him. He had passed the store and paused. He can see the smoke shop from inside the store and it would be a good place to watch from. Plus, he was in good company.

He turned around and walked through the front door and strode right up to Johan's table. He grabbed a chair, turned it around and sat at the table so he could see out the window.

"Morning, Johan. Mind if I sit?" He would offer his hand before he did so.

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan watched the man called Daemon walk into Cafe Nouveau. The man was a predator, he moved like a leopard, he was dangerous. Johan was not unused to dangerous men, often he had dealings with them. One particular dangerous man in Chicago, who pretty much ran the mortal side of the underworld particularly made him weary. Crime syndicates tended to draw dangerous men, but Daemon was different. He was not a criminal, at least to his knowledge, he doubted that Jason and Marina would embrace him so if that were the case and he did not seem to be military, special forces tended to attract such men. But still, the man made the hairs on the back of his neck stick out.

Johan took Daemons hand and motioned him to take the chair that he was already sitting in, already facing the door and able to look out the window. His demeanor did not feel defensive, he was not running, he was stalking.

"Not at all, might I buy you a cup of coffee, the espresso is quite nice, and the Cappuccinos are divine, their foam artist lives up to the title."

He was not hunting Johan, it seemed that this was a chance encounter, fortuitous, a chance for Johan to better understand the hunter before him.

OOC

Hide this

"Coffee would work. Black. I don't believe I share your, refined taste, as long as it wakes me up."

He adjusted the chair some to get more comfortable and to see both Johan and the window.

"So, how have you been? I think the last time we spoke I got a little hammered and I may not remember everything."

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan caught Abigail's attention and made a motion with his fingers, 1, 1. Number one, regular coffee, black, and looked back to Daemon. "Water under the bridge. I am doing alright, I am getting used to the irregular hours needed to be a translator, but I still get more than enough time for myself." he offered, he was measuring being open verses keeping information to himself.

Johan only had Jason and Marina's estimations of Daemon to go on. And seeing how they have taken to him, he could only assume that they were terrible judges of character.

"How about yourself? What brings you downtown?"

OOC

Hide this

"Eh, you know, business. Supposed to meet someone but I'm early." He looked over at Johan, "Always busy."

"If I recall correctly, I was a little drunk mind you, but you're a bit of a thrillseeker like myself. I have only been outside the country twice, and I hated it both times. I think you mentioned yachting? Or something."

Posted (edited)

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Busy? He was casing the meeting location. Exactly as Johan would do. Point for Daemon.

"Yachting is hardly a thrill seeking event, unless you are faced with storms or Orca." he said sipping again at his cup. "Travel has its own perks, but America has enough land to cover many if not all types of experience. The only thing that it does not have is history. Two Hundred Years is not enough to create ruins or rich history, but it does create a wide variety of cultures and architecture."

"Where did you visit? When you went outside America?"

The waitress stopped by and placed the cup of coffee in front of Johan, who then pushed the porcelain cup and saucer in front of Daemon.

OOC

Hide this

Edited by Unkabear (see edit history)

"As far as yachting, I would agree it's not something someone would do for a thrill, but as I recall there were other activities mentioned. Even some a Raven would enjoy."

He smiled and nodded his head in his direction.

"No history? I would argue there's much more than two hundred years. Something like ten thousand years with thousands of cultures on just this continent, but I take your meaning if your looking for ruins."

He picked up the cup and sipped it. A little too hot still.

"I was in Canada once, I don't recommend it, much colder than here."

And Antigua. Miserable time.

"I was in Antigua for almost three months, in which I also don't recommend."

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan thought back to a time when he was in the Caribbean, he was paid to steal a ring from a woman who had kept from his very wealthy benefactor by keeping her boat moving. Nothing that could be called a Yacht, but a smaller sail boat, usually anchored in stray harbors throughout the islands. That one was tough, but he got lucky when she went into port for supplies while he was there. "I have not had the pleasure of visiting Canada, but Antigua, I had a brief stay in Montserrat after the eruption." Johan stayed a few weeks before heading to Brazil and eventually to Peru, Avoiding quite a few borders along the way.

"What kind of activities would you recommend around here? Are you in need of an accounta-bili-buddy for anything specific? "

OOC

Hide this

Daemon chuckled, "I don't think pleasure and Canada have ever been used in the same sentence."

He took another sip, it was a little cooler now and drank more.

"I'm probably not the person to ask about activities. My life is one horror after another. I used to enjoy doing things more when I was younger, before the curse. But now the things I used to do for enjoyment I do for the necessity."

"Lately, my activities have been limited to alcohol to make me forget. It doesn't work. And vacationing in Antigua only makes it worse."

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan's face screwed up a bit. "Mind if I ask about this curse? Or would it be better for me to live my life in blissful ignorance?" He was not sure if he could help, but helping Daemon do anything but disappear would only help Jason and Marina so he might as well give it a try. So long as he can keep from crossing into that range of outside of the law. But there was still quite a bit that he could do, as he at least understood many of the rules of the supernatural world.

He set his empty cup down and leaned back in his chair. "You do not have to share if you do not want to, but I may be able to help offer a different perspective."

OOC

Hide this

Daemon snickered. "No one can help me. At this point it is what it is."

He took a drink and set it back down, leaning on the table.

"It would be better to live in blissful ignorance, my friend. Gabriel is a curse, and I am bound to him for life."

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan nodded. Ghosts seemed to be getting around. Never had he dealt with Ectomancers before, it was quite a change from his usual cast of characters. "I get that you have the ghost of someone who pisses you off bound to you somehow. But what does it direct you to do? How have you embraced his curse? Can you find a way to turn it to your advantage? Or is he that much of a @#$% to try to get you killed?"

How much of a stretch would it have been to consider his own father when he was learning to control the change? What his family did was not a curse, it was magic, but it was not magic that came easy and his father had beat it into him until he was able to change AND pull off being a raven. It was part and parcel of the family legacy and ability to do the job.

Daemon was a hunter, but he was reluctant. Johan was not sure what to do with this information.

OOC

Hide this

"Let's just say it has it's own mind about how I should live my life."

He finished the coffee before he continued.

"I'd hate to admit it but it does give me advantages when I need it, but the cost is a lifetime of agony. I would give it all up in a second if I could."

He glanced out the window, watching one particular subject stand at the corner. He dismissed him after he crossed the road.

"So tell me about your "curse". How did you discover your ability to shift?"

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan began to see cracks in the armor. He was a hunter, but there was a great deal of reluctance. This gave Johan hope, "Sort of a 'Till Death do you Part' kind of thing. Ouch, have you considered couples therapy?" Johan said with a good deal of mirth in his voice knowing that he had just walked on sacred ground and pissed on it. "As for myself, it is not really a curse, it is more of a...family legacy."

Johan waved over to the waitress & made a hand signal for an Italian Soda, and he tipped well enough that she was on it with just a few signals for the order and was quickly pouring the club soda.

"Not all theriomorphs are not Loup-Garou, just like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. The cursed ones, those that change during the full moon and then wreak havoc are rare, I have only heard of two and have been told to just...not go there." The waitress drops off the tall thin glass with a pomegranate syrup at the bottom and a heavy cream on top of the soda just on the brink of curdling, he took the glass, blew a bubble into it to force some of the syrup up before he stirred it to mix the concoction together. "Thank you love," he said as she dropped it off.

"It was less discovering the ability and more, grueling study, meditation and being pushed off a tall wall to learn to fly. Our family, many generations ago, learned to shapeshift, and unlike most shifters who turn into lions, or wolves or crocodiles, they chose ravens and we have learned to perfect that one spell. And no, don't ask, I am a !@#$ teacher."

OOC

Hide this