Jump to content

Adventure 3a - Cauldron Cacophony


Recommended Posts

@Niven81 @artsmythe @WolfBirch @igordragonian12

Mickey, Aurora, Eilonwy and Rapunzel find themselves teleporting into a slightly elevated plant covered cliffside overlooking a marshy coastal area in a foggy low light area. In the distance out on the sea, they see a large ship that looks like it's one made for royalty out far enough so that the tides do not cause it problems but far away enough that it would require a boat to get out to it or a boat to get from it to the coast. However, a look towards the marsh like coastline shows that indeed someone or I should say several have already done that.

Several rowboats have made land and whoever was on them had created a coastal camp with several tents on planks of wood including a few fancy looking ones. The camp had been used most likely for a few nights as there was a clear pile of rubbish and food waste plus several fire pits made for fires. There also appears to be several who look like pirates in the area. However, you do see what appears to be someone tied to a stake.

Beyond the camp there appears to be a recent cut path leading into some dense foliage and if one was to look up and inland, they would see what appears to be a large castle like fortress up beyond the dense foliage, However the pirate camp appears to be between the new cut pathway and the group. However there does appear to be a less treaded path behind you all going into the foliage as well.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

spacer.png

eddhttps://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2887261

 

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

 

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

 

2: 3/3

 

3: 3/3

 

Mood: Spring.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora take a deep breath as she enjoy to be outside the castle once again.

She breath it all in

"Shall I take a small wild shape and try to release the poor fellow?"  Aurora ask the others without much of confidence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg


AC: 14 (17) | HP: 41/32 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 18 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |


Impressed as always by the sheer depth and scope of Merlin's mighty magicks, Mickey quickly scanned the scenery around them. He kept his head down low behind a bush, and quietly gestured to the others to do the same.

He saw the encampment down by the beach. He didn't recognize anybody, but even he knew that one simply couldn't trust a pirate to do the right thing at any given time!

When Aurora made her innocent suggestion, he hissed, "P-princess, p-please! Try to keep a low profile, okay? We need to get an idea of what we're up against before we start... wait! What did you say? You can change into an animal? Good golly, that's spiffy. I wish I could do that."

The Mouse then whispered to the group's leader. "Eilonwy, what do you think? Should Aurora here reconnoiter the area? I don't know if we should rescue that poor guy over there, but at least we could figure out who he is."

 



Mechanics

OOC: Mickey has invoked his Inspired Leadership feat. Please remember to add 9 temporary Hit Points to Eilonwy, Aurora, Rapunzel and himself.


Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty


Action: Mickey's action goes here.
Bonus Action: Mickey's bonus action goes here.
Move: Mickey's movement goes here.
Manipulate: Mickey's one free object interaction goes here.

     

 

 

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites



image.jpeg.046450084d26c8cee63870bae1f483c2.jpegName Eilonwy | Class Rogue 4/Wizard 2 | AC: 17 mage armor (14) | HP: 27(+9 temp)/27 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str -1 / Dex +7 / Con +1 / Int +6 / Wis +0 / Cha +1 | Portent (8)

Special Abilities darkvision, Sneak Attack, Incisive Sense, Blessing of the Moonweaver, Cunning Action, Steady Aim, Ear for deceit, Eye for Detail, Insightful Fighting, Divination Savant, Portent | 

Attacks: Rapier | +7 | 1d8+4 pierciing, Shortbow +1 | +8 | 1d6+5 piercing (80/320 ), Dagger | +7 | 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)

 Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice 4d8/2d6 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Booming Blade, Mind Sliver, Green-flame Blade, Sacred Flame, Vicious Mockery

Level 1 | (2/3) | Thunderwave, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Healing Word (1/day), Silvery Barbs, Dissonant Whispers

 


 

Eilonwy looks over the situation and ponders the possible courses of action and results. They spin before her eyes like threads of a tangled web. "Yes, I think that you are right Aurora. We should rescue this fellow, hopefully he can give us some valuable intel on the villains. It looks like we are already behind in the race. If you can't do it safely, then back off. He is not worth jeopardizing the whole mission for." If Aurora changes and goes to rescue the prisoner, Eilonwy will try to move close staying hidden in the foliage to give back up as needed.

 

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

 

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

 

OOC: none

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rapunzel - Arcane Tricksteroldmanwanderer_Disneys_Rapunzel_short_brown_hair_high_fantasy_r_77974c05-de69-4746-b012-7131bbbd01f2-removebg-preview.png.e92ea98bef3b0aafea186d019b007d31.png

DnD Beyond Sheet | Myth-Weaver Sheet



STR: +0 | DEX: +3 | CON: +0 | INT: +2 | WIS: +0 | CHA: +3

INT: +3 | AC: 14 | HP: 27

Passive Perception: 16 | Passive Investigation: 14 | Passive Insight: 10



Rapunzel nearly trips as the teleport ends. "Okay, that was amazing ..." She trails off as she sees the world around her, a stunned look coming over the formerly sheltered princess's face. "Oh wow." She whispers.

Her amazement didn't last long however as the conversation the others in her group were having brought her back to reality. "Does anyone have a spyglass?" She asks as she scoots down onto her belly to look at the camp below. "I'm all for a rescue but it's be best to assure it's not a villain tied to a pole."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg


AC: 14 (17) | HP: 41/32 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 18 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |


Mickey nods his head in quiet agreement as Eilonwy decided their current course of action. After all, she was the acknowledged expert on the Cauldron on the group. At least, in his humble opinion.

Chewing on a blade of grass, a thought came to him. He continued to whisper. "If this lot are all part of the bad guys' team, then maybe we're not so late, after all. The encampment looks like it's been used for quite awhile. Maybe they've tried to speak to the witches, but the witches are unwilling to accept the bad guys' terms. At least, right away. Maybe there's still time to bargain with the trio."

He then considered Rapunzel's suggestion. "Oh, a spyglass. Wow. That would've been a great idea, Rapunzel... but that's a pretty pricey item on a simple tailor's budget. Maybe either Eilonwy or Aurora has one?" Then he makes a mental note to speak to Merlin afterwards about learning a spell that would yield similar results... assuming they succeed.

No, he thought with steely reserve. They will succeed. They have to.

He then turned back to Eilonwy. "Your Highness? Have you been to Morva before? Do you already know your way around here? Is there a way to the Cauldron past these pirates? Y'know, like a shortcut, maybe?"

Mickey then noticed that Eilonwy had cast a Mage Armor spell on herself. She probably did that before we left. As soon as I can get the chance, maybe I should the same.

 



Mechanics

OOC: Mickey has invoked his Inspired Leadership feat. Please remember to add 9 temporary Hit Points to Eilonwy, Aurora, Rapunzel and himself.


Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty


Action: Mickey's action goes here.
Bonus Action: Mickey's bonus action goes here.
Move: Mickey's movement goes here.
Manipulate: Mickey's one free object interaction goes here.

     

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_204iSnf9VXQxN_-Hp-WuDVHDNnq-e1W9kC6vAowqDA&s

 

eddhttps://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2887261

 

 

 

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

 

 

 

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

 

 

 

2: 3/3

 

 

 

3: 3/3

 

 

 

Mood: Spring.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

In her Spring mood, Aurora is more agreeable and not as bold.

She nod.

"Maybe my transformation isnt the right move. What we need is a small and clever friend who could sneak and get answers for our doubts!"

 

Aurora start to make soft

"O-o-o-o!" sounds as she start to summon her loyal owl friend.

 

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR-bUF9qxxuRhl4mnsiF8YUEo23MU9J5CU3Q&usqp=CAU

 

 

 

OOG- Wild Companion Ability which works like Familiar

 

 

 

IG-

 

"Good to see you again good friend!' she calls and hug him.

And then point at the camp.

"Would you mind to do a big favor me? There is a man tied up there and we need to know what is going on. Are you willing to fly stealthily?" Aurora asks and add.

"And would you mind sharing your senses with me?"and assuming the owl agrees she casts

Beast Sense

and then send the owl to scout stealithily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



image.jpeg.046450084d26c8cee63870bae1f483c2.jpegName Eilonwy | Class Rogue 4/Wizard 2 | AC: 17 mage armor (14) | HP: 27(+9 temp)/27 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str -1 / Dex +7 / Con +1 / Int +6 / Wis +0 / Cha +1 | Portent (8)

Special Abilities darkvision, Sneak Attack, Incisive Sense, Blessing of the Moonweaver, Cunning Action, Steady Aim, Ear for deceit, Eye for Detail, Insightful Fighting, Divination Savant, Portent | 

Attacks: Rapier | +7 | 1d8+4 pierciing, Shortbow +1 | +8 | 1d6+5 piercing (80/320 ), Dagger | +7 | 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)

 Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice 4d8/2d6 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Booming Blade, Mind Sliver, Green-flame Blade, Sacred Flame, Vicious Mockery

Level 1 | (2/3) | Thunderwave, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Healing Word (1/day), Silvery Barbs, Dissonant Whispers

 


 

The young red head nods. "No, spy glass but having your owl friend take a closer look is a great idea, like peanut butter and chocolate. If this is one of the villains tied up because the others didn't like him or her, then we might need to rethink this rescue. No, I haven't been here before. I've no idea where to find the witches. I wonder if they live in that castle. Last time I met them they lived an old run down hut. If I remember the villains plan it was to try to trick the witches into leaving so that they could steal the cauldron. It would be good to know what they have accomplished so far. I'm hoping that this prisoner is a potential ally or at least an enemy to our enemy." Hen Wen starts to make his way closer to the pirate camp.

 


OOC: DM question: How far from the pirate camp on the beach are we?

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

 

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

 

OOC: none

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg


AC: 17 (14) | HP: 41/32 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 18 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |


The Mouse whistled softly. Wowee-wow-wow… he thought to himself, these princesses sure do know their magicks! Adventuring with them is like being back at the Mage Towers. I better stay on my toes.

While Aurora's owl familiar and Eilonwy's little porcine friend Hen Wen carefully made their way down to the campsite to investigate, Mickey quietly pulled out a piece of cured leather from his handy components' pouch, which was attached to his leather belt. Touching the material component to his forehead, then his lips and then his heart, he whispered the magic words, "Sim Sim Sala Bim".

The air around him seemed to flicker and shimmer for a moment, then solidified into a normal stability. Then he returned the leather to his pouch.

Gee. I sure hope nobody down there has a Detect Magic spell handy.

 



Mechanics

OOC: Mickey has cast Mage Armor upon himself.


Main Hand: Cured piece of leather.
Off Hand: Empty


Action: Casts Mage Armor.
Bonus Action: Mickey's bonus action goes here.
Move: Moves material component around his body.
Manipulate: Cured piece of leather.

     

 

 

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora's loyal owl friend makes his way silently to the pirate camp, the camp is about 500 feet away, something the group could cover in a few minutes if they moved slowly and carefully. The owl having natural stealth didn't need to worry about being slow, it could make it's way to the camp without being seen while still moving at a normal speed.

The owl made its way to the camp and perched itself on a high spot that allowed it to see more clearly who the tied-up man was, it was a young man in his teens with brown hair, and fair skin wearing a green vest over a yellow shirt and brown pants.

Upon Aurora relaying what her owl friend sees, Eilonwy nearly instantly figures that the young man on the stake, is Taran someone she's been worried about for a while now. How he got mixed in with pirates is most likely a story in itself but now the question is what's your move players.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

 

spacer.png 

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_204iSnf9VXQxN_-Hp-WuDVHDNnq-e1W9kC6vAowqDA&s

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2887261

 

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

2: 3/3

3: 3/3

Mood: Spring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aurora pat the owl on the head.

"Thank you my good friend." she smile.

She look at Eilonwy.

"So it seems, a rescue mission has fallen to us. If may I to offer a general tactic- those of us who has more direct and blunt power would distract the pirates, while the more sneaky among us would sneak and release the poor fellow. I probably can turn into a mouse and sneak- but I think a direct confrontation is also possible for me, if there anyone here with better abilities to sneak and release"

Link to comment
Share on other sites



image.jpeg.046450084d26c8cee63870bae1f483c2.jpegName Eilonwy | Class Rogue 4/Wizard 2 | AC: 17 mage armor (14) | HP: 27(+9 temp)/27 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str -1 / Dex +7 / Con +1 / Int +6 / Wis +0 / Cha +1 | Portent (8)

Special Abilities darkvision, Sneak Attack, Incisive Sense, Blessing of the Moonweaver, Cunning Action, Steady Aim, Ear for deceit, Eye for Detail, Insightful Fighting, Divination Savant, Portent | 

Attacks: Rapier | +7 | 1d8+4 pierciing, Shortbow +1 | +8 | 1d6+5 piercing (80/320 ), Dagger | +7 | 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)

 Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice 4d8/2d6 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Booming Blade, Mind Sliver, Green-flame Blade, Sacred Flame, Vicious Mockery

Level 1 | (2/3) | Thunderwave, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Healing Word (1/day), Silvery Barbs, Dissonant Whispers

 


 

Eilonwy's eyes and mouth go wide. "Thanks the gods. We must rescue him. I don't think that any of us are blunt power, besides you Aurora, in the form of a bear or such. No, I think that we must rely on stealth and magic. If we can distract the pirates and rescue Taran with the pirates not knowing what happened; that would be best. Let's get a closer look." She follows Hen Wen toward the beach, moving slowly and carefully.

 


OOC: She is not trying to leave the group behind, but is not waiting.

Mechanics

MOVE: Goes to the beach as close to Taran as she can without being seen.

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

 

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

 

OOC: none

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mickey the Sorcerer's Apprentice -- Mouse (Lightfoot Halfling) Folk Hero SorcererMickeyv7.jpg.1716c1797c70f8627088f601a5486646.jpg


AC: 17 (14) | HP: 41/32 | Init: +4 | Speed: 25' | Jump: 30'| Prof. Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 9 | Passive Investigation: 11 | STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 18 (+4) | CON: 13 (+1) | INT: 13 (+1) | WIS: 8 (-1) | CHA: 17 (+3) | Subclass: Wild Magic | Sorcery Points: 7 | Spellcasting Ability: CHA | Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Bonus: +6
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Advantages: Fear | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |


Mickey brightened up. "Gosh, Eilonwy!" he whispered,  "I think I can distract them by myself, if that's all you want. No problem."

He smiled mischievously. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve."

 



Mechanics

OOC: n/a


Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty


Action: n/a
Bonus Action: n/a
Move: n/a
Manipulate: n/a

     

 

 

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora-Briar Rose- (Eladrin) Dream Cycle Druid

 

spacer.png 

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_204iSnf9VXQxN_-Hp-WuDVHDNnq-e1W9kC6vAowqDA&s

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2887261

HP: 48/48 AC: 12(11) Intative: +1 PP: 17

Spell Slots: 1: 4/4

2: 3/2

3: 3/3

Mood: Spring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aurora smile with admire.

Eilonwy was so decisive! Like a true royalty. Her parents would be happy if she could be more like her...

but no time for self doubts

she turn to her owl.

"I shall turn myself into a squirrel- then I ask of you to carry me to the poor boy, so I could use my teeth to undo the ropes." she explain her plans and turn into a small golden furred squirrel and expect the owl to help with her plan

Link to comment
Share on other sites



image.jpeg.046450084d26c8cee63870bae1f483c2.jpegName Eilonwy | Class Rogue 4/Wizard 2 | AC: 17 mage armor (14) | HP: 27(+9 temp)/27 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str -1 / Dex +7 / Con +1 / Int +6 / Wis +0 / Cha +1 | Portent (8)

Special Abilities darkvision, Sneak Attack, Incisive Sense, Blessing of the Moonweaver, Cunning Action, Steady Aim, Ear for deceit, Eye for Detail, Insightful Fighting, Divination Savant, Portent | 

Attacks: Rapier | +7 | 1d8+4 pierciing, Shortbow +1 | +8 | 1d6+5 piercing (80/320 ), Dagger | +7 | 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)

 Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice 4d8/2d6 (6/6) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Booming Blade, Mind Sliver, Green-flame Blade, Sacred Flame, Vicious Mockery

Level 1 | (2/3) | Thunderwave, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Healing Word (1/day), Silvery Barbs, Dissonant Whispers

 


 

The golden-red haired princess smiled as they make their way down slowly and carefully to rescue her dear friend. "That sounds great" She reaches down and picks up the squirrel placing Aurora on her shoulder. "That will be great Mickey. Once we get in position we can see what size distraction will be needed. No use using a woodman's axe to fillet a sardine." She says quietly.

 


OOC: Let us know what we see when we get down close to Taran.

Mechanics

MOVE: Goes to the beach as close to Taran as she can without being seen.

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

 

REACTION: none

CONCENTRATION: none

 

OOC: none

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...