Cami Mvashti, "Human" Sorceress

RelentlessImp

https://i.imgur.com/6JH3XA3.png

Name: Cami Mvashti

Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer 1 (Orc and Draconic (Brass) Bloodline)

Race: Human (culturally Varisian)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Campaign Trait: Foster Child

Stats

STR: 08

DEX: 14

CON: 12

INT: 14

WIS: 10

CHA: 18

Description

Cami is short. Standing barely 4'5" tall, she doesn't quite look human - though she insists that she is. With large, pointy ears, reddish pink eyes, and pale forest green skin, one could easily mistake her for a diminutive orc, albeit one with thick, blonde hair that she usually wears in loose bangs or tied back in twin tails. She bears a Ragario tattoo on the hollow of her neck in black ink. She prefers to dress in close-fitting layers in an almost masculine style, with a preference for big, chunky boots that she can stomp around in.

Personality

Despite Cami's appearance, she is sweet, kind, and friendly, gregarious and talkative almost to a fault. In general, at least. That is, until someone makes her angry, at which point she turns into a foul-mouthed screecher with far too much facility with insults and unfriendly language.

Backstory

Cami doesn't remember all that much of her life prior to arriving in Sandpoint - she barely even remembers her parents. Her parents were a pair of adventurers who signed on with a caravan running from Riddleport to Sandpoint, with intention to meet up with friends and start a new adventure, intending to leave their toddler, Cami, in the care of some other friends they had made some years back when they passed through and helped to deal with some problems Sandpoint was having. Unfortunately, the caravan was savaged by an oversized goblin raiding party on the outskirts of Sandpoint, and both her parents fell, though not without taking a large number of goblins with them. In the broken wreckage, only a young child was left, covered in blood, discovered almost a full day later after the attack was fully repelled, though not without losses. Those losses, unfortunately, included her parents' friends who could have recognized her and quite possibly taken her in.

Thankfully, Koya Mvashti chose to take in the child. She ... well, to say she grew would be a misnomer, though there were a number of inches added, they didn't add up to much. She flourished under Koya's tutelage, at the very least, though having a much older brother in Sandru didn't do wonders for her vocabulary. It took a while for her to learn what to not say in polite company. In time, her magical talents bloomed, gently encouraged by her adoptive mother - though, perhaps, trying to influence her away from destructive magics, with which she has shown an unnatural facility.

Her life in Sandpoint, however, has been relatively quiet and peaceful, aside from the occasional goblin raid and the Late Unpleasantness. She has had the usual sort of childhood - as usual as one could expect, at any rate - including a wildly inappropriate crush on Shalelu, the elven ranger that roams to and from Sandpoint.

Edited by RelentlessImp (see edit history)

Reserved. Generated a token, will have other stuff here like posting template and such. ss3JJtY.png

spacer.pngCami Mvashti

Posty posts

Actions

Immediate:

Free:

Move:

Standard:

Full:

Quick Stats

Cami Mvashti

Human Crossblooded Sorcerer 1 CN

Init +4; Senses Perception +4, Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity

Defense

AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (Dex +1)

HP 8 / 8

Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0

Offense

Speed 30ft.

Melee

Ranged Ranged Touch Attacks +1

Special Attacks

Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 1st; Concentration +5)

1st ([4/4]/day)—magic missile

0 (at will)—detect magic, penumbra, ray of frost, read magic

Statistics

Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18

BAB +0; CMB -1; CMD 11

Feats Spell Focus (Evocation), Varisian Tattoo (Evocation)

Skills Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +4, Spellcraft +6

Languages Taldane, Varisian, Elvish

SQ

Conditions None

Cami Mvashti

Human Sorcerer [Crossblooded] 1 CN

Init +4; Senses Perception +4

Defense

HP 7 / 7

Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0

Offense

Speed 30ft.

Melee none

Ranged ranged touch attack +2

Special Attacks

1st ([4/4]/day)—Magic Missile

Statistics

BAB +0; CMB +0; CMD 11

Skills Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +4, Spellcraft +6

SQ

Conditions None

Cami Mvashti

Human Crossblooded Sorcerer [Orc, Draconic (Brass) Bloodline] 1 CN

Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60ft, Perception +4

Defense

HP 7 / 7

Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0

Offense

Speed 30ft.

Melee none

Ranged ranged touch attack +2

Special Attacks

1st ([4/4]/day)—snapdragon fireworks

Statistics

BAB +0; CMB +0; CMD 11

Skills Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Perception +4, Perform +5, Spellcraft +6

SQ

Conditions None

Name
Starting Wealth
2d6 4,2

Basically done, aside from purchasing incidental odds-and-ends that are probably better purchased in-game when she has a reason to need them. I'd love to know how you did Ameiko's post template because I can't figure out how to separate a pair of spoilers on the same line without resorting to a table. Baldr's WYSIWIG editor gives me huge MS Word vibes.

34 minutes ago, RelentlessImp said:

I can't figure out how to separate a pair of spoilers on the same line without resorting to a table. Baldr's WYSIWIG editor gives me huge MS Word vibes.

Oh it's totally some chaotic evil demon worshipping spoiler-nested-inside-table dark sorcery.

I get more like... the blogspot vibe from it, visually editing some stuff on here is more frustrating to me than actually manipulating the source code (which thankfully is a metric shitton cleaner than MS Word generated HTML).

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Oh freaking duh, I got it, just had to change the table options themselves.

If you want the MS Word experience, try dragging a table element or spoiler around and watch it nest itself into the nearest other one, completely fucking everything up. Thank $DEITY for CTRL+Z.

The story is good.  I'll admit I'm a little confused by the not-half-orc with dwarfism?  But then again Golarion is a very liberal and forward setting (and to a degree I do agree with their liberalness) so why should I even be surprised.  I'm slowly recovering from my initial shock.

Mechanically:

• Sorcerers get Fly as a class skill
  • Orc bloodline gets survival as a class skill
  • Not really sure where you got 7 skill points.  I'm counting 2 + Int mod (+2) + Skilled (1) + FCB (1)?
  • Or was the FCB used on an extra cantrip?
  • Also, I don't see a die roll for wealth here, though I could very easily just be blind?

Sorry, I'm not too much of a complex mage build kind of guy, the crossblooded archetype has me crosseyed, so I'm just gonna basically trust that you're doing it right lol

7 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

The story is good.  I'll admit I'm a little confused by the not-half-orc with dwarfism?  But then again Golarion is a very liberal and forward setting (and to a degree I do agree with their liberalness) so why should I even be surprised.  I'm slowly recovering from my initial shock.

Mechanically:

• Sorcerers get Fly as a class skill
  • Orc bloodline gets survival as a class skill
  • Not really sure where you got 7 skill points.  I'm counting 2 + Int mod (+2) + Skilled (1) + FCB (1)?
  • Or was the FCB used on an extra cantrip?
  • Also, I don't see a die roll for wealth here, though I could very easily just be blind?

Sorry, I'm not too much of a complex mage build kind of guy, the crossblooded archetype has me crosseyed, so I'm just gonna basically trust that you're doing it right lol

Skill Points: 2 (Base) + 2 (Int) + 1 (Human) + 2 (Background Skills) (Appraise and Perform)

Skills

• Background Skills (PU p46) is in effect

From the House Rules thread.

Specific text from Background Skills:

In addition to their normal allotment of regular skill ranks, all characters gain 2 background skill ranks each time they gain a level in a PC class. The character’s Intelligence modifier doesn’t adjust this value. Background skill ranks can be used to gain ranks only in background skills, not adventuring skills. Characters can expend their regular skill ranks on background skills if they desire.

Cami's physical appearance can basically be explained by her bloodlines mutating the crap out of her.

FCB was used on extra cantrip.

And whoops, I missed the part where we were rolling for wealth, given the PFS influence on everything else I assumed we were using PFS Standard of starting with 150gp.

1 minute ago, RelentlessImp said:

Skill Points: 2 (Base) + 2 (Int) + 1 (Human) + 2 (Background Skills) (Appraise and Perform)

From the House Rules thread.

Ack!  Duh!  So much for me mathing my own rules! >.< Honestly, I personally hate the accounting of background skills.  I understand it helps players make more use of that part of the mechanics, which is why I employ it, but gah!

3 minutes ago, RelentlessImp said:

Cami's physical appearance can basically be explained by her bloodlines mutating the crap out of her.

Fair.  I didn't even know that was a thing.  I guess different sorcerers are affected by their bloodlines to varying degrees?

4 minutes ago, iantruesilver said:

Fair.  I didn't even know that was a thing.  I guess different sorcerers are affected by their bloodlines to varying degrees?

It's more or less a headcanon of mine that they can, but I don't think there's been a canon example of it, really, beyond gross physical changes brought on by stuff like Draconic or Infernal 15 giving full-fledged permanent Wings. But given how integral Bloodlines are to Sorcerers in PF1E, it makes more or less logical sense that it can do more than just give them spells.

Also, wealth roll back up in the reserved post, currency adjusted to match. If needed I can walk you through the build if it makes you go cross-eyed.

Actually, let me just go into it real quick:

Crossblooded gives two bloodlines. You get both Arcanas and both Class Skills.

You take a -2 penalty to Will saves.

In addition to the -2 penalty to Will saves, you subtract 1 from your Spells Known at every spell level. So instead of starting with 4 0th-level spells and 2 1st-level spells, I start with 3 0th-level spells and 1 1st-level spell, bumped back up to 4 0th-level spells by the Human Sorcerer FCB.

Every level you get a Bloodline Power, you choose between one of your Bloodlines or another.

At later Bloodline Power levels, you can choose to take a lower-level Bloodline power you skipped, so at level 3 I could take Fearless, Dragon Resistances, or take the level 1 Draconic Power Claws. At level 9 I could then take Fearless, Dragon Resistances, Claws, Breath Weapon, or Strength of the Beast, depending on what was skipped at a lower level.

For my particular build I took Touch of Rage, then replaced it with the Bloodline Mutation Blood Havoc.

Similarly, at every level you get a Bloodline Spell, you can pick between the two Bloodline Spell lists, and similarly choose a lower-level one that you skipped at higher levels.

The bonus feats at 7, 13 and 19 can be chosen from either bloodline's list.

3 minutes ago, RelentlessImp said:

It's more or less a headcanon of mine that they can, but I don't think there's been a canon example of it, really, beyond gross physical changes brought on by stuff like Draconic or Infernal 15 giving full-fledged permanent Wings. But given how integral Bloodlines are to Sorcerers in PF1E, it makes more or less logical sense that it can do more than just give them spells.

Yeah I don't see why not.  I'm sure there's more than a handful of examples somewhere hidden away in the depths of various nooks and crannies scattered all over Golarion that aren't being talked about because they simply aren't Seoni Sideboob.  I applaud you for championing the fringe.

Just now, iantruesilver said:

Yeah I don't see why not.  I'm sure there's more than a handful of examples somewhere hidden away in the depths of various nooks and crannies scattered all over Golarion that aren't being talked about because they simply aren't Seoni Sideboob.  I applaud you for championing the fringe.

I'm all about the fringe and weird crap. Remind me to show you my kobold blender some time.

Just now, RelentlessImp said:

I'm all about the fringe and weird crap. Remind me to show you my kobold blender some time.

lol funny that you're saying it actually.  I recently caused quite a commotion in my old live group (currently inactive) trying to pitch a kobold vigilante wearing that paizo goblin's dragon costume, calling himself the Drag-goon.

Heh. My Blender begins play with 5 natural attacks, gets up to 8 at level 3, and eventually hits 21, all targeting Touch AC and dealing 5d10+Con mod. She looks absolutely horrifying, with 6 tentacles, 2 claws, 1 bite, 2 wings, 2 talons, 4 vines, 1 Tail, a set of goring Horns, and 2 crab-like Pincers jutting off her waist. I usually picture her going full-blown Tasmanian Devil when she does a full attack.

PS: Revisions done. I promise not to blitz things that hard, the Blender was more of a thought experiment that I got to play around with for a while.

(For anyone curious about the build, it's Aberrant [Aegis] 2/Daevic 6/Black Templar 5/Daevic +7 with the Dragonmaw and Gliding Wings alternate racial traits with the Tail Terror feat at 1st level and the Powerful Wings feat later.)

Quick note on build, just so it's up-front and spelled out so there's no real confusion about it later, and also to make sure it's kosher, since it does work but early entry tricks are always a bugbear with GMs.

The build Cami will be going with is Sorcerer 2/Oracle 1/Mystic Theurge 10, using Equipment Trick (Sunrod) and the spells Unwelcome Halo (Clr/Ora 1) and Snapdragon Fireworks (Sor/Wiz 1) to qualify for 2nd level spells requirement.

Also I'm half-tempted to spend half a day fleshing out Cami's various contacts, friends, girlfriends, rivals, enemies, etc. in Sandpoint with the information available from Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, but it does seem a waste since so little of the campaign actually takes place here. Still might do it anyways, because I'm easily bored with little to do.