Hello!!

Tomlong

Hi all,

Ive read a couple of these introductions and see myself in those folks as well. I took a hiatus from RPGs but want to dip my toes back in. I don’t have a ton of time to dedicate with life so thought this medium might be a good fit.

I’m interested in lots of different systems but find myself drawn to OSR stuff.

I wanted to add a couple questions here. When starting out in this format, what is the most challenging hurdle to get over? Are there bad habits from in person that should be avoided in this format?

Thanks in advance and look forward with talking more!!

Welcome! We have a small (but growing!) OSR community here, so you're definitely in a good spot for that.

To answer your questions from one perspective, I think the most challenging hurdle is to quickly feel part of the community, as people often thinks it takes forever to break in, so to speak. I don't think that's really the case, and recommend anyone to join in the Discord where there's more socialization and community building than you will get just through forum threads.

Bad habits? I'm sure there are plenty with PbP, but a lot of it is stylistic differences. Some people love short posts, some love long ones. Really, the worst thing you can do in PbP is to not post regularly!