spacer.png

Image Credit

Name: Kaichar
Race: Tiefling (Oni-Spawn)
Class: Druid (Goliath)
Campaign Trait: Student Survivalist
Sheet: WIP https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2706145

Background:

Kaichar has vague memories of a person who used to come visit him in the forest outside of Sandpoint. He didn't know it was Sandpoint then, nor does he know the name of the woman who would visit, and bring him food, and basic clothing. But he does know that one day, she stopped coming. At first, he waited by the rock where he always did, sure she would come. He didn't really know how to measure the passage of time in formal terms, since he didn't know how to count, let alone speak. But he knew time had passed. More time than was usual. And he was hungry. So, starved for sustenance, the young creature attempted to hunt, managing to subsist mostly on insects and berries that didn't make him sick. And that was his life. Until he saw her.

She was graceful, like a deer. Not that he knew what to call a deer. Or perhaps she was more like a wolf. Swift, sure, and deadly. Another creature he had no name for. Drawn, he followed her. It didn't last long before she spotted him. She had a tool that she pointed at him like he might threaten a creature with his claws. She would use her claws on him. She said something, but her words didn't mean anything to him. He knew they should mean something, but he had no frame of reference. He replied with the only work he knew. "No." She said something else. These words tasted different to his ears. He still didn't understand. "No." She frowned. He copied her facial expression.

She put the tool down. Something about her was soothing. Peaceful. She rummaged in her pouch, and drew out something he hadn't seen for many seasons. He knows it is bread now, but back then, it was like something else entirely. Hope. With it, she coaxed him closer. Maybe he could steal her food and run, he thought. But she was gentle. With incredible patience, she began to teach the creature simple words beyond "No". Soon enough, they could converse. Starved for education, the boy consumed knowledge at a rapid rate, the speed at which he understood languages was something to be admired.

But she had her own life to deal with. She couldn't rededicate her life to educating this poor creature and giving him the chance to function amongst civilised people. She she took him to a friend of hers, a druid in the nearby area. He took the tiefling under his wing, and after a time in his care, the one now known as Kaichar expressed a desire to study the druidic arts. He was more comfortable in the wilderness than he was in town, after all. It seemed like a sensible career path. Years have passed since then, and Kaichar occasionally spends time in Sandpoint. If he recognises anyone in town as a woman he once knew by a rock in his youth, Kaichar isn't telling. He has enough trouble with the village at large to try and get too specific. Even if animals shy away from him, at least they're honest in their discomfort - humanoids are much more sly, a fact that Kaichar is reminded of on a regular basis.

Name
roll
2d6*10 4,6

8 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Good story. Looking forward to seeing how kaichar gets along with the residents of Sandpoint.

Thanks! He's extra weird thanks to his third eye, but the image had it included and I could resist finding a way to make it work. Kaichar isn't great in public (Charisma 6 baby), but it more manifests in not being good at dealing with people thanks to a tendency for quiet, rather than being awful to people.

Okay...  Mostly good on the mechanics, I'm assuming you haven't yet finished building the sheet.

• So far, missing a feat.
  • Assuming the FCB was used on HP
  • Missing a starting outfit... Or perhaps you haven't yet finished buying equipment?
  • A tangled mess with skills, I'm trying to decipher it as best as I can...
    • Druids get spellcraft as class skill
    • Goliath druid gets knowledge (local) as class skill
    • Goliath druid loses Craft and Profession as class skill
    • +2 racial bonus on Disguise not yet recorded
    • +2 trait bonus on sense motive (plus conditionally other modifiers) not yet recorded

I belive that's all that I've found.

21 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Okay...  Mostly good on the mechanics, I'm assuming you haven't yet finished building the sheet.

• So far, missing a feat.
  • Assuming the FCB was used on HP
  • Missing a starting outfit... Or perhaps you haven't yet finished buying equipment?
  • A tangled mess with skills, I'm trying to decipher it as best as I can...
    • Druids get spellcraft as class skill
    • Goliath druid gets knowledge (local) as class skill
    • Goliath druid loses Craft and Profession as class skill
    • +2 racial bonus on Disguise not yet recorded
    • +2 trait bonus on sense motive (plus conditionally other modifiers) not yet recorded

I belive that's all that I've found.

Yeah it’s very much under construction.

I’ll ping you once it’s done.

• 3 weeks later...