The White Hart Inn

Sorithar

My guys background pretty much covered it as in order to get form his home town to Mistledale he would have to go through Ashabenford. So I just added a little note saying that he met the group there and is now adventuring with them. If we want to hash out more details one how they met we can do that now or later.

Seeing as how everyones character sheets/threads are private, could we get a thread/post in the Players Resources that lists all the players in the game and their charatcers? Just a basic list like character name, player name and what race and class they are. Or if they are hiding their true names, race, and/or class, then at least what the group thinks they are. It just helps me visualize the group better to see the whole picture. Otherwise we are going to know absolutely nothing about each others characters until each player reveals them in the first posts.

If you already have this somewhere, then my apologies and please provide a link to it.

I have the flu and just slept the past 20 hours.  Got up to use bathroom and rehydrate.  My apologies.  NPC my character as necessary.  

However, I will post on Saturday as time and health permit. 

First IC post up! Game is afoot!

Lets please follow the old posting template with token in a fieldset and OOC (including rolls) and other info in spoilers under the fieldset.

Also, please add basic game info in a private spoiler for me. Name, stats, basic attack and spell info and conditions. I can post a template for this spoiler here if that would be helpful.

Tokens to be provided shortly in private threads to those who so not have one.  

Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

On 3/17/2023 at 6:53 AM, Draidden said:

Seeing as how everyones character sheets/threads are private, could we get a thread/post in the Players Resources that lists all the players in the game and their charatcers? Just a basic list like character name, player name and what race and class they are. Or if they are hiding their true names, race, and/or class, then at least what the group thinks they are. It just helps me visualize the group better to see the whole picture. Otherwise we are going to know absolutely nothing about each others characters until each player reveals them in the first posts.

If you already have this somewhere, then my apologies and please provide a link to it.

No idea why character sheets are private. No need for them to be and not sure how to make them public. I'll look into it and consider where best to place the information you're asking for. In the meanwhile, players can post descriptions in their posts.

I generally like to have an "Appearance" spoiler at the bottom of my posts for this sort of thing, but that's optional.

@Terran and @Calrond, FYI, both Jessie and Maximilian have recently arrived in the Dale from western lands and if you wish, they may have met each other earlier, on the road or mayhap in some way stop Alehouse. Mayhap they have been travelling together.

If so, you might wish to trade some info on each other. Up to you.

1 hour ago, Sorithar said:

No idea why character sheets are private. No need for them to be and not sure how to make them public. I'll look into it and consider where best to place the information you're asking for. In the meanwhile, players can post descriptions in their posts.

I generally like to have an "Appearance" spoiler at the bottom of my posts for this sort of thing, but that's optional.

I found it. If each player goes to the first post in their character thread they can go to the top and remove the private setting. I already did with mine. Mine is located under the Player's Resources folder.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Draidden said:

I found it. If each player goes to the first post in their character thread they can go to the top and remove the private setting. I already did with mine. Mine is located under the Player's Resources folder.

1. Please don't modify topic/forum/thread settings. They're intentional.
  2. Doing the above only removes the tag, you'd have to remove the "shown to" field to actually make it not private.
  3. Anyway, the forums in the Player's Resources topic are meant to be private. I was referring to your individual character sheets above.
  4. I still don't know how to make the character sheets public, but if possible, please make sure to give me editing rights to your character sheets for this game when you have a moment. Thank you. 

- S

My apologies. I thought that was what you were talking about. I have no idea how to give someone else editing rights to my sheets. All I can do is make sure the Private setting is set to NO. 

Sounds like the best bet is for you to just make a short list of the characters and who is playing them and stick it in the Player's resources folder. Maybe pin it to the top.

47 minutes ago, Draidden said:

My apologies. I thought that was what you were talking about. I have no idea how to give someone else editing rights to my sheets. All I can do is make sure the Private setting is set to NO. 

Sounds like the best bet is for you to just make a short list of the characters and who is playing them and stick it in the Player's resources folder. Maybe pin it to the top.

Done, it's at the top of the main page of this topic, "Main ThreadGroup". I'll add the players too if you feel that's necessary. 

16 hours ago, Terran said:

That would help.

Place Token Here (Yes, you can place images here)

Descriptive Text

"Speech in Bold and Color of your choice."

OOC

Rolls, OOC messages etc...

AppearanceCharacter Appearance (optional, but helpful).

In Private text to: Sorithar

Concise text from character sheet "Statistic Block" with edits. Example:

Spot: +4
Listen: +2

Elise Salindrial
Female NG Human (Tethyrian) Ftr 1 / Wiz 8, Level 10, Init +10, HP 75/75, Speed 20
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15, Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13, Base Attack Bonus +5   
MW Longsword +6 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Dagger +5/+9 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
+1 Quarterstaff +6/+6 (1d6+1/1d6+1, 20/x2)
 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 12
Condition None
Spells Prepared/Spells Used including DC's for the saves against them: 
0th (DC 16): ghost sound(1), prestidigitation(1), light(1), detect magic(1);

1st (DC 17): Kaupaer's skittish nerves(1), shield(1), silent image(1), charm person(1), magic missile(2); 

Edited by Sorithar
Changed Private text to Spoiler to make visible. (see edit history)