The White Hart Inn

Sorithar

Hi.  I appreciate the invitation to create an epic story with the group!  🙂

I was busy with family yesterday, but have the afternoon off and will strive to read all of the threads today.

I am looking forward to playing!

TJ

On 3/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, Terran said:

Thank you.  Made it halfway through the first game thread yesterday.  Should be finished today.

You mean the one on Baldr, correct, not the original game thread on OGMW? Would be great if you read all 51 IC pages of that thread, but hardly required! lol

On 3/13/2023 at 5:52 PM, Draidden said:

Welcome to the house of horrors!

House of Horrors? I thought I hadn't done the scene with the mists yet... That's not what the "Mist" in Mistledale stands for, BTW. 😛

On a more productive note, I want to jump start us and it's easy enough to work the new characters in, however, given all but one of the players here started out with us, I was pondering the idea of a restart? I know, it's crazy. Also, you may have gleaned a lot by reading old threads already... That said, gaging interest here before taking another route...

This game has been around for a while in RL, but it's barely scraped the surface of the first act IC... 

3 hours ago, Sorithar said:

On a more productive note, I want to jump start us and it's easy enough to work the new characters in, however, given all but one of the players here started out with us, I was pondering the idea of a restart? I know, it's crazy. Also, you may have gleaned a lot by reading old threads already... That said, gaging interest here before taking another route...

This game has been around for a while in RL, but it's barely scraped the surface of the first act IC... 

I could get behind the idea of a restart, considering how many PCs will be exiting the narrative anyway.

Hmmmm... could we all be 2nd level?  Regardless, a restart is fine with me, I know who my character is, having roleplayed her for a bit now.  I don't mind us coming together for the first time.

Having not actually joined into the group yet and not having read the previous posts a restart would not affect me.

And just to be clear i did not read the threads simply because my character would not have that information so I figured anything I know about the past would have to come from another player posting in character. 😉

I am fine with whatever the DM and other players want to do in terms of the game, a restart and leveling.

I finished reading through the older game threads, but I am still working on the game's voluminous informational threads regarding the setting, geography, etc.  I am especially interested in the "lingo" threads, which I have only had time to briefly glance at.

Primarily, I read the older game threads to get a feel for the setting, plot, players, DM and PC's actions, tactics, emotions and personalities, not for information per se.

This "feel" is harder to pick up on in play-by-post than it is when companions actually spend days and weeks together in life, so I thought the extra effort might be helpful, especially in the beginning of our joint story.

However, a simple bamboo wall in the mind will be sufficient to avoid metagaming, if necessary.  🙂

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

OK, that's 4/5 with indifference, so I'm going to take that as an enthusiastic "Yes, let's restart!"

Please make some edits to your character's background in your private threads inserting a brief note on how they came to be in Ashabenford in Mistledale. Are they native to the Dale, to Ashabenford, or did they hail from elsewhere and arrive years, months or days ago..?

The adventure will not begin in Ashabenford, but that will be where your band gathered.

We'll begin once backgrounds have been updated 🙂