Character Creation

iantruesilver

All new applicants are to create a new thread under this topic, and generate a character following the rules below.

The Crunchy

Resources

Characters generated using Standard Mode on PFS rules set out on PFS Roleplaying Guild Guide Version 10.0

Legal resources as listed on PFS Additional Resources, Update 04 Apr 2019

With the following modifications:

Race

Non-Core Races considered on a case by case basis.  Alternate racial traits are allowed.

Ability Scores

Purchase: High Fantasy (20 points).

Class, Feats and Equipment

Starting Level 1.  Paizo published choices only, subject to removals and modifications per above.  Variant multiclassing is allowed.  Item Creation and Scribe Scroll feats are allowed.  Manufacturing empires will be pillaged and burned.

Alignment and Religion

All alignments and deities allowed.  Drama queens will be flogged.

Faction

No.  Just no.

Traits

One of two Starting Traits will be a Campaign Trait (chosen from the Iron Gods Player's Guide).  One drawback may be taken for an additional, third trait.

Hit Points

Max at 1st Level, roll when advancing.

Wealth

Roll for starting wealth.

Everything Else

See "Class, Feats and Equipment" above and the Campaign Rules / House Rules thread, and be ready to reference the material (by link to PRD, or by book and page number) upon request.

spacer.png

spacer.png
The Squishy

While this will be a roleplay-heavy game focused on creative writing, I'm really not fussy at this time on how well your character's background story fits in with everything else, so long as they're not going to present any persistent issues to the crew's overall dynamic.

The only requirements in terms of story consideration then, are proximity and motive.

At the beginning of the campaign, applicant's character must have a reason to either directly or indirectly be in Khonnir Baine’s employs, or otherwise be away from Torch during the period between 24 Erastus (prior to the extinguishing of Torch's purple flame) and 14 Arodus (following the start of the Fifth expedition), and physically be in Hajoth Hakados for Oathday 14 Arodus, 4714AR.  Essentially you are unaware of anything that has happened in Torch since before the violet flame went out.

This is necessitated to facilitate a set piece to introduce one GMNPC and to build some party cohesion before the AP begins in earnest.

As an example, those directly employed by Khonnir may perhaps be participatory to a water sampling project, conducting tests downstream and near the next points of civilization to assess the effectiveness of water purification at Crowfeather Palace, as well as any environmental impacts remaining from the process.

Or, if that doesn't suit your character's background, make up another reason to be in Hajoth Hakados for 14 Arodus, and for how they might know the Baine family.  That is the stipulation.

Please note the above, as the game will not immediately begin in Torch, but rather in an undisclosed location somewherewithin the vicinity of Hajoth Hakados.

Show/Hide Character Example

Val Baine

spacer.png

spacer.png Map Token

spacer.png

spacer.png Character Generation

Ability Scores: 20 point buy

Strength: 12

Dexterity: 15

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 16 (+2 Racial) = 18

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 7

Race: Human

Alternate Racial Traits: Imposter-Wary

Height: 4' 5"+ 2d10 #1 in = 5' 4"

Weight: 85lb+ (2d10 #2 × 5lb) = 130lb

Class: Investigator [Empiricist]

Favored Class: Investigator

Favored Class Bonus: HP × 1

Traits: Student of Philosophy; Campaign Trait: Local Ties (Disable Device).

Skill Ranks: 6 + Int mod+4 = 10

Skills Trained: Acrobatics [1 Rank], Disable Device [1 Rank], Heal [1 Rank], Knowledge (Arcana) [1 Rank], Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [1 Rank], Knowledge (Local) [1 Rank], Perception [1 Rank], Spellcraft [1 Rank], Stealth [1 Rank], Use Magic Device [1 Rank].

Background Skill Ranks: 2

Skills Trained: Craft (Alchemy) [1 Rank], Knowledge (Engineeering) [1 Rank].

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Extra Investigator Talent [Alchemist Discovery (Infusion)].

Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan.

Hit Points: Max (d8) + Con mod+2 + Favoured Class Bonus+1 = 11

Starting Wealth: 3d6 × 10gp = 170gp

spacer.png Equipment

Starting Items Cost Source
 Explorer's Outfit 10 gp Core p159
 Formula Book 15 gp UE p77

Weapons Cost Source
Longspear 5gp Core p142

Armour Cost Source
Lamellar (leather) 60gp UC p128

Adventuring Gear Cost Source
Alchemist's kit 40gp APG p184

Funds Remaining: 64gp

spacer.png

My Dearest Val,

If you are reading this letter, I am no longer with you.  I am deeply sorry for the meager life I've created for you to lead — much worse, for the trials and terrors you may now be forced to face ahead of you in my absence.

I'm afraid I have not been entirely honest with you about our relationship — our past, and mine.  It is true that I had adopted you as an orphan when you were but a mere child.  However, the circumstances leading up to and surrounding this event is perhaps much more dreadful than I have ever cared to confess, to you or any other.

You see, I was once a lowly assistant to the benighted Technic League, going by the name of Pauldris Gray.  And while I knew before joining of their lack of concern for morals and ethics, perhaps it was my youth and naïveté that led me to believe they could've been a force against the inequalities and atrocities I saw everyday in the streets of Starfall.  I was wrong.

I would've continued to lead a life of misery, too far entrenched in the affairs of the League to extricate myself, had it not been for your coming into my life.  You see, that day when I confronted the League alchemist Ghartone over his plans to use a little orphan girl as material to create an alchemical homunculus, that little girl had saved my life and my future from further involvement with the League.

And while I may have made it look like an accident, my original presumption that Ghartone had perished in the lab fire had proven wrong.  I knew that the League would eventually pursue me in Chesed, and so I took on a disguise and brought you as far away to this little nowhere town of Torch, where we might live free from the League's harrassment.

But while my efforts to provide us both with a decent living, and give the town something useful has earned us some fame here in Torch, I fear that it may only be a matter of time before the League comes to our doorstep, after they eventually learn of my escape.

My only hope is that I've sufficiently equipped you with the knowledge and resources you need to outwit and outmaneuver those miscreants, and in that perhaps I've fulfilled something of my responsibility to do better by you, as your father and debtor.

Remember all that I have taught you, and remember always to think for yourself.

I will love you always,

spacer.png

spacer.png

Show/Hide Posting Template

spacer.png Val Baine

Insert post here

spacer.png Actions

Insert actions here

spacer.png Statistics Block

Val Baine

Human Investigator [Empiricist] 1 NG

Init +2; Senses Perception +4 (+5 vs. Traps)

Defense

AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +2)

HP 11 / 11

Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +2

Offense

Speed 30ft.

Melee Longspear +2 (1d8+1; ×3)

Ranged None

Special Attacks Inspiration [5/5]

Extracts Prepared (CL 1st)

1st ([2/2]/day)—Cure light wounds, Long arm

Statistics

Str 12, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 7

BAB +0; CMB +1; CMD 13

Traits Student of Philosophy (Use Int for Diplomacy to persuade and Bluff to convince), Local Ties (+1/CS Disable Device, resolve as having Technologist feat)

Feats Combat Reflexes, Extra Investigator Talent [Alchemist Discovery (Infusions)]

Skills Acrobatics +6, Craft (Alchemy) +9, Disable Device +8, Heal +4, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (Engineering) +8, Knowledge (Local) +8, Perception +4 (+5 vs. Traps), Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +6, Use Magic Device +2

Languages Common, Hallit, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan

SQ Alchemy (Craft [Alchemy] +1, Identify Potions), Inspiration [5/5] (+1d6), Trapfinding +1, Talents (Alchemist Discovery [Infusions])

Conditions None

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
2d6
2d6 6,5
2d10 #1
2d10 10,1
2d10 #2
2d10 5,5
3d6
3d6 6,6,5