Barhuce (not Kambell) CryptBreaker Alchemist

Inash

Thinking Cryptbreaker alchemist

Role: Bombs baby! Anti-robot bombs. and Disable Device. And (with the right discoveries) backup heals and/or buffs.

Leaning toward local ties or robot slayer for the campaign trait.

Below stolen for pretty formatting: please ignore until I get it all nice and updated. 

spacer.png

Map Token

spacer.png

Character Generation

Ability Scores: 20 point buy

Strength: 12

Dexterity: 14

Constitution: 13

Intelligence: 16 (+2 Racial) = 18

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 10

Race: Human (Kellid)

Alternate Racial Traits: 

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 160 lbs.

Class: Alchemist [Crypt-Breaker]

Favored Class: Alchemist

Favored Class Bonus: Add one extract formula from the alchemist formula list to the character’s formula book. This formula must be at least one level below the highest formula level the alchemist can create.

Traits: Blighted Physiology, Wary of Danger (Disadvantage: Betrayed)

Campaign Trait: Robot Slayer

Skill Ranks: 4 + Int mod + 1 racial = 9

Skills Trained: Craft (Alchemy) [1 Rank], Disable Device [1 Rank], Heal [1 Rank], Knowledge (Arcana) [1 Rank], Knowledge (nature) [1 Rank], Perception [1 Rank], Spellcraft [1 Rank], Survival [1 Rank], Use Magic Device [1 Rank].

Background Skill Ranks: 2

Skills Trained: Knowledge (History) [1 Rank], Knowledge (Engineering) [1 Rank].

Feats: Point Blank shot, Precise Shot

Bonus Languages: Dwarf, Orc, Gnome, Elvish

Hit Points: Max (d8) + CON (1) = 9

Starting Wealth: 

Character Sheet

Barhuce

M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0   
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None 

Personality:

Barhuce is somewhat jumpy as a result of his capture by the technic league. He also has some pretty severe trust issues due to that experience. He has a tendency to be quiet in social situations, but almost babble in professional or arcane settings.

Backstory: When Barhuce was young and just beginning his training as an apprentice alchemist in Starfall, one of the other apprentices, jealous of him, reported him to the Technic League for anti-league sentiment and fermenting dissent. While none of that was true, Barhuce was disappeared for a while. While in captivity, he was questioned extensively by gearsman inquisitors and developed a hatred for the Technic League that is focused almost entirely on their robotic servitors. The various substances used during the interrogation, combined with the water contamination endemic to Numeria also left him with thick skin and cartilage deposits and a slight allergy to healing magics. Eventually, the League convinced themselves he was innocent of everything more than being a better apprentice than one of his fellows and they, perhaps foolishly, release him. 

He continued his studies in alchemy, now focusing on the Osirian branch of alchemy that has proven more effective against constructs and undead - the better to break robots. He also began fermenting rebellion due to anti-league sentiment, but very, very quietly. After some time spent looking for a place he can settle in as an alchemist, he decided he needed some further training. He is currently travelling to Torch to see if he can study under Khonnir Baine and has made arrangements to meet some of Khonnir's colleagues in Hajoth Hakados.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
starting wealth
3d6*10 4,2,6

Dream State Statblock

Barhuce Dream State
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 22, [B]Init[/B] 10, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 37, [B]Touch[/B] 24, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 28, [B]CMD[/b] 44, [B]Fort[/B] 22, [B]Ref[/B] 25, [B]Will[/B] 16, [B]CMB[/B] +20/+15/+10, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 15/10/5   
[B]10d8+22 v undead or constructs, DC 31 Alkahest Bomb (24/day) [/B] 24/19/14 (10d4+12, x2)
[B]+5 light Mace [/B] 25/2015 (1d6+10, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 20/15/10 (1d4+5, 19-20/x2)
[B]+5 Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+7 Armor, +8 Dex, +5 Natural, +6 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 20, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 34, Wis 20, Cha 16
[B]Condition[/B] None  

Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce shrugs at T'sarra's question. "I don't know. A black grave? A wheelbarrow made of ebony? A secret organization of necromancers?"

"A guard rotation for the night sounds like a good idea. The groupings work for me."

Statblock

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 3/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 3/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

drink elixir of CLW

• 2 weeks later...

Story-wise:

Interesting story.  Potentially some leads there to follow up.

Mechanics-wise:

• I assume I'm seeing max d8 + con mod (+1) = 9 HP, and 4 + int mod (+4) + background (2) + skilled (1) = 11 for skill ranks?  I the FCB on here, but not on the character sheet.
  • We're on the slow advancement track for this campaign, so next level will not be at 2000.
Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Correct on the skill and HP. I'll put the FCB on the sheet as well. Sorry I missed that. I forgot the slow track. I'll have to see if there is a switch for that since the sheet puts the next level in automagically.

120 gp starting funds

Lamellar Curiass 15 gp

light mace 5 gp

Dagger 2 gp

Explorer's outfit Free

Formula Book Free

Alchemist's Kit 40gp  (abandoning the common backpack for weight)

Masterwork Backpack 50 gp

The alchemist's kit contains everything with a - next to it in his inventory

Spent: 112

Remaining 8 gp

WTF did I do on that sheet? (looks like I messed up the price on something somewhere origionally.)

Oh. Yes. I missed that when I went back over things. Yes. That is the 50 gp spend, and he needs it or he can't carry all his stuff. The common backpack was probably just dropped somewhere. I'll edit above.

• 1 year later...
Level 2 Changes

Add Chirurgeon archetype (ditch poison use/resistance for some healing bonuses)

Discovery: Precise Bombs

Misc: +1 BAB, +1 Fort, +1 Ref, +1 L1 extract per day

New Extracts known: Expeditious retreat

Skills: +1 to each taken in lvl 1

HP: 6 or roll

Name
roll
1d8+1 4