Act 1, Part 2: Blood and Blades

Kavonde

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3  Ref: +4  Will: +9 | Hero Points: 1/1

Shardik | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +5  Ref: +5  Will: +4spacer.png

Verne sees that there is but one assassin, and thinking that there is a mystery to be solved, he refrains from pressing the attack or commanding Shardik to do so again.  Instead, he gestures, speaking a few words into the air, and makes a peculiar clicking sound with his teeth.  A tiny fae creature appears in the air, over the last of the assassins.  Verne points at the assassin, and speaks in Sylvan, saying, "That one is very tired, please put him to sleep. But you can't have his teeth just yet."

The faerie snarls at him, showing tiny needle-like teeth, but it is bound by his spell and works its magic, causing a wave of tiredness to wash over the assassin and those too near him.

spacer.png

Actions-Summon Fey (level -1 tooth fairy)

-Shardik-nothing

-Tooth Fairy:
Cast Sleep, Will DC 13
Burst 5 so will hit Antonia and the assassin.

Edited by PlotDevice (see edit history)

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Millanius the Arcane - Human Thaumaturge 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 16 | Perception: +5

Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5  | Conditions: Stupefied 1, Clumsy 1

ResourcesCharacter:
-Hero Points: 1/3
-Focus Points: 0/0

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-
| Skills*Acrobatics: +6
*Arcana: +3
Athletics: +1
Crafting: +0
*Deception: +8
*Diplomacy20: +8
*Esoteric Lore: +7
Intimidate: +5
Medicine: +0
*Nature: +3
*Occultism: +3
*Performance: +7
*Politics Lore: +3
*Religion: +3
Society: +0
*Stealth: +6
Survival: +0
*Thievery: +6

*Trained

Consumables: None

Effects: None

Gasping at finding a man outside the door, then watching him murdered before his eyes, and then finding another man, and seeing him eviscerated by Lerris' blade, Millanius' eyes dart around the hall with a tinge of panic. They stop on the dead guard on the floor. A source of authority. Order. He rushes to the man's side, looking in his eyes, patting him to search for wounds, trying to aee if he's breathing. Or can be saved.

Disappointed to find no breath stirs in his lungs, or blood pumps in his veins,  he takes note of what the man carries, his thoughts already moving to his own survival. He carefully scoops up one of the black-hafted daggers that fell nearby, hoping it isn't covered in poison, so he examine it as well.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: medicine check

Action 2: search body

Action 3: pick up dagger

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

Stitches the Monkey | 5/5HP | AC18

Per: +5/Fort: +6/Ref: +6/Will: +5

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-15' Aura, Circ bonus to Dip/Int/Dec & +1 v. Fear

-Success v Mental is crit success

-+2 Damage from empowerment

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Masterwork Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-3sp, 7cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Perception
25; 7
1d20+5;1d20 ; [7]
Perception
1d20+5 20

1079115390_AntoniaTKN.png.82fdea90cef4be4512af0c85ea13c109.pngAntonia Rullianus

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +5 | Hero: 1/1 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

It seems the others came out in full force – especially Lerris. Antonia winced as she watched the large shirtless man slice a fatal wound across one of the intruders' chest and for a moment she questioned whether she truly wanted to be involved in this mess. It was a brutal world they lived in, but she had never been much interested in killing when she didn't have to. But given the job she had just accepted, leaving her foes alive was not something that was going to be an option for long. It was best she got in the habit of it all now, she supposed. What's one more callous on her conscious?

Just as those thoughts were running through her head, an odd, toothy creature appeared next to her, blasting out some strange magical field that she thankfully was able to resist. But, the mere sight of the creature was enough to fill her with a sense of both horror and curiosity, "What in the name of-" A gleam of light reflecting off of metal appeared in her peripheral vision and the Fencer responded with a swift dodge, just barely moving out of range of the enemy's dagger. She shot a glare towards the Assassin. "That's not very polite," She chided as she swiftly moved to her left, around the odd creature, to flank the attacker from another angle. "If we are playing dirty, I suppose there's nothing left to do but respond in kind."

With her rapier pointed forward, Antonia bent her knees and performed a half-thrust forward as if she was going for a jab. Yet, halfway through the maneuver she yanked the blade backwards and instead went for a side swipe at a higher angle, aiming specifically for the man's throat. With a successful feint, she accomplished her goals and the pointed tip of her blade cut a fresh wound in the man's jugular, inciting a wet gurgle from him as he slowly expired from blood loss and suffocation. She had no quip to offer him in his final moments. Death was a gruesome and sorrowful thing and, at least in her current mental state, not a joking matter.

There was something else, though. The slack look in the man's eyes indicated he may have been under the influence of an intoxicant of some sort. Noting the visible side effects, she attempted to discern exactly what it was. With any luck, it wasn't the sort of intoxicant that would sway someone to act against their own free will....

Actions

Action 1 - Stride westward two squares.

Action 2 - Feint. Rolled a 23! Success!

Action 3 - Attempt an attack on the Enemy. Rolled 16 vs. Enemy AC. HIT! for 12 piercing damage. KILL!

Name
Associated Lore Check For Intoxication
1d20+4 1

323123269_LerrisNinthborneUppershot.jpg.7b5671b72125360a3f40a63387730c93.jpgLerris Ninthborne

health-normal.svgHP: 17/20 |checked-shield.svg AC: 13 | awareness.svg Per: + 4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +3 |Will: +7 | Hero 1/1 | Languages: Common (Taldane), Hallit, Skald

"I hope Pharasma judges them fairly." Lerris said as he wiped the blood off his sword, an unreadable expression crossing his face. He hated killing, he really did and if there was a better way or more time rightly available, he would have loved to take it. But he had a feeling time was a luxury they did not have in abundance currently. 

"This won't be all of them, not even a fraction I reckon. After all I'm willing to bet this guard nor any of us were their real target." Lerris said as he marched swiftly past everyone back into the room. There was a purpose in his stride. Fast, calm, and focused. He threw quickly a shirt over his head and attached the sheath of his sword to his hip. Then he started on his armor.

"They'll be after either the swordlord's vaults or her neck, I'm willing to bet. Setting a couple of fires while they're at it and killing more than their fair share of honest folk. I don't know about the rest of you, but as a guest in her home I'm planning on doing my part in its defence." Lerris grimaced. There'd be more killing, that was sure. But if there was anything worse than killing, it was letting someone be killed. Lerris forced his mind away from such thoughts, focusing on something more useful. What would have he done in this situation? And how could he have been stopped?

"I say we should see about gathering some of the other swordlord's guests. Figure they can fight just as well and numbers are always good. Especially when we don't know how exactly how many knives are pointed at our neck." Lerris reasoned. There was another, unspoken, goal of this. For a raid you needed three things. Clubs, reason, and intel. Judging by the dead guard the enemy had the clubs, Lerris could assume there was always a reason or two to raid a noble's estate, and the just left the intel. For a moment Lerris' thoughts went back to Antonia's request, just what had been in the letter? He shook that thought away, it just made no sense. She had killed one of the assailants after all.

"While we're on that we can work our way through the estate to see about finding the proper guard and combine with them. If my guess is right they'll have been hit the hardest and be ailing for the help. I figure that will give us the best chances of winning this fight, figuring out what's actually happening here, and not losing our heads." Lerris continued. His brow had scrunched in thought as he adjusted the chainmail over his torso. The sword had remained at his side at all times, never reentering it's sheath. Just then, a smile crossed his lips. Though it was marked by a weariness to it, like it was forced on for the sake of himself or others.

"Expedition has started a little bit early, I figure. Reckon it's a little bit more of an exciting start than any of thought, but no less dangerous. And just as conquerable. If we keep our wits about, that is." Lerris finally finished as he put on the last bit of his attire. That weary smile settled in on his face finally, the forced aspect of it being replaced with genuine confidence. 

Millanius examines the fallen assassin's dagger. It doesn't seem to be coated with any toxins, and seems a completely unremarkable weapon aside from the black pommel, which he can now see has a line of three teardrops etched into it. The teardrops are identical to tattoos marking the man's face, running from his left eye and down his cheek. On examination, each dagger bears at least one teardrop etching, and each assassin bears identical tattoos.

The slain guard wears finely polished chainmail armor and wears a slender, curved blade at his side: one of the distinctive dueling blades of the Aldori fencers. At his belt, he carries a set of keys, a quiver holding 9 crossbow bolts, and a small glass vial clearly labeled as a minor healing potion. A few feet away lies a light crossbow that fell from his hands as his throat was cut.

Antonia clearly recognizes the signs that these assassins were under the effects of some sort of drug that inspires some degree of fearlessness and aggression, but that hardly narrows it down, and she's not familiar enough with illicit alchemical substances to identify precisely what drug they were using.

Suddenly, a large bell starts tolling from somewhere within the manor. A moment later, there's the mechanical click of chains moving through turning gears, and then a series of reverberating booms as heavy iron portcullises slam shut at various points throughout the manor. The short hallway leading to a spiral staircase is sealed off, as is every window on this floor.

Someone has clearly triggered a security system meant to keep intruders out of the manor. The problem, of course, is that some intruders have clearly already made it into the manor.

Of course, the question is: are you locked in Aldori Manor with an unknown number of drug-addled assassins... or are they locked in Aldori Manor with you?

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception2525; 7: +5

Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5  | Conditions: None

ResourcesCharacter:

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-

*Trained

Millanius reaches up with one hand to close the dead man's eyes, shaking his head, "Poor man, never saw this coming. I'm sure he'll be missed." Meanwhile, his other hand is carefully pocketing the potion and the ring of keys.

"What happened! Where should we go?" He asks the others as he unbuckles the man's sword belt and almost straps in on, but instead tosses it into the room where he'd recently been asleep. Then he kneels by the first assassin, the one he walloped over the head with his cane. The man would've tried to kill him. This was the only way. It wasn't the first time he'd been in a fight, or had to defend himself, but it was the first man who ended up dead because of it. Part of him was glad he hadn't been the one to deliver the final blow. Part of him was scared to find out if he could deliver that blow. He shudders for a moment, growing pale. But then the clanging of portcullises rouses him, and he looks around, eyes a little wide. "Are we trapped in here? With more of them?"

He takes the dead man's sheathe, straps it to his leg, and slips the teardrop dagger back into it. He's used plenty of blades on stage, and his movements are well-practiced with the weapon.

"I don't want to die here." He states in a tone like he's just realizing it for himself. He ducks into the bedroom and goes to the pack, the one that had been provided for him earlier. Searching through, he finds some supplies. The leather jerkin isn't as comfortable (nor as fashionable) as his wool suit jacket, but it will surely help keep him alive. He tucks a few things into various pockets and pouches, straps the rapier on the side of the backpack, then emerges from the room. He scoops up the crossbow and a few bolts, tucking cane and scepter away for now. Crossbows, too have featured in a few of his acts. He loads it and carries it on his shoulder, pointing in a safe direction. Stitches climbs up to the other shoulder, staying close and eyeing the bodies on the ground apprehensively.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Rapier

-Crossbow

-9 bolts

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

-Potion of Healing

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-Ring of Keys

-3sp, 7cp

Name
Theivery
1d20+6 15

splgZTH.pngZakon Malheur

HP: 14/14 | AC: 13 | Perception: +6
Fort: +3 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

While Millanius checked on the victim, Zakon knelt beside murderer before him, noting the dark veins and bulging eyes. Clicking his tongue in disapproval, he picked up the blood soaked murder weapon, holding it lightly to inspect the details while getting as little of the blood on his own fingers as possible. He turned and nodded as Lerris concluded his analysis. "Whoever organized this," he suspected the three tear drops were a clue as to who was behind this, "... these three were merely a diversion." Just then, iron gates fell ominously to close them in, causing the judge to focus on that for a moment, before continuing. "They will answer for their crimes... but neither here, nor to us." The judge looked both displeased and impressed at the handiwork of his fellow guests. "... While it is not impossible to extract plea bargains from the deceased... there are complications. If one were able to take a prisoner alive, for questioning, I would consider it both a public service and a personal favor...." 

Turning his attention from the others, Zakon looked at Verne in a new light. His eyes narrowed but it was an appraising look, rather than a scolding one. "You have entered into a fey bargain? I hope you know what you are doing...." Reaching into his own pouch, Zakon produces a few tiny teeth - like those of a child - and offers them to Verne.

OOC

Action 1: Recall Knowledge (Legal Lore) - to recall details about criminals with similar tattoos or cases with similar murder weapons (or maybe details about the side-effects of the illegal drug from some testimony)
Action 2: Pick up murder weapon (dagger)
Action 3: Offer Verne some children's teeth, from Zakon's own material pouch.

Name
Legal Lore
1d20+7 9

1079115390_AntoniaTKN.png.82fdea90cef4be4512af0c85ea13c109.pngAntonia Rullianus

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +5 | Hero: 1/1 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

With the threat temporarily dispatched, Antonia wiped the tip of her blade against the dying man's shirt, cleaning it of his blood. She deftly sheathed the blade and nodded towards Lerris, "Mm, yes, I think you have the right idea. Alternatively, we could just leave. But I suppose if our patron dies at the hands of these drug-addled bandits, we will not be getting the kingdom we were promised. Furthermore, if she actually lives, it won't look very promising for us to have left her to this fate." Just then, the security system was activated, trapping them all inside. "...Well, that narrows down our options, doesn't it?"

Antonia stepped over the bleeding man who finally expelled his final breath and walked near Millanius. She nodded in agreement to his statement declaring his disinterest in dying in this place. "I find that I agree with you. Lerris has offered a good plan and if everyone else is in agreeme- I'm sorry, I just cannot do this with that very unsettling creature standing there. What is that thing?" Thankfully, she had completely missed the fact that the Judge had just given one of the others a collection of teeth. "Nevermind, I'm not sure that I want to know. Anyways – Lerris' plan. Let us make our way towards the Lady Aldori and see if we are able to gather a few fellow fighters along the way."

Her eyes shifted back towards Millanius as he grabbed the sword, "Sir, do you know what that is? That is a very valuable and powerfu- He threw it...He threw it in the room." She raised a hand and placed it flat against her forehead, muttering something so low it was unintelligible. Or perhaps it was in a different language? "That sword is a mark of honor and status, dear. Let us be sure to bring it along, if for no other reason than to return it to the Lady of the house." She glanced towards the room in which she had been sleeping moments before and moved towards it to gather the rest of her things, including the tall-heeled boots which she quickly slipped on. "Come, let us not dawdle any longer. There are heroics to be performed." The fencer tugged on the edge of her vest and ran her slender fingers across her blouse to straighten out the wrinkles it had formed from her less-than-restful sleep. "Oh! Be wary. I know not if it will be a running theme, but the murderers we just dispatched seemed to be under the influence of some intoxicant, though I know not which one."

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3  Ref: +4  Will: +9 | Hero Points: 1/1

Shardik | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +5  Ref: +5  Will: +4spacer.png

Verne smiles at Zakon, and shakes his head.  "No need for those.  It's not a bargain.  I just offer them a short visit.  It's less... structured than what you're used to.  They draw upon my power, not their own, so it's more fleeting, and less... costly."  He turns to the tooth fairy and points at the dead assassins.  "Help yourself."  As the little faerie busies itself in the dead mens' mouths with a set of vicious-looking pliers, Verne looks back at Zakon and the others, saying, "I brought it here to put one to sleep so we could learn something, but you all are very quick with your blades.  Maybe too quick?  If you take an injury, I can mend it, so you needn't be quite so hasty.  It might be useful to have one alive, and know what's happening.  My friend can stay a little longer, but not too long, perhaps we should go looking for more, quickly. Antonia has the right of it, let's try to find another one before the visitation is ended."

He looks down at Shardik.  "Shardik.  Hunt men."  The bear looks up at him, then looks around, and starts sniffing the air.

ActionsShardik using Scent 30 to find any people he doesn't recognize, if that's ok.

Edited by PlotDevice (see edit history)

splgZTH.pngZakon Malheur

"If you insist..." Zakon slowly closes his open hand and returns the teeth to the pouch at his side. He seemed further satisfied when Verne formally granted the creature its prize, in the mouths of the intruders. During all of this, a tiny spider had made its way across the blood-soaked floor and Zakon knelt to pick it up, placing it carefully in the same leather pouch. 

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception25; 7: +5

ResourcesCharacter:

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-

*Trained

Millanius hears Antonia's words before he can react to them, unable to un-throw the sword through the door. "Oh, uh, apologies. The sword is special? I shall cherish it then until we can return it to his family." He pauses for a moment, realizing the incongruity of a wizard needing a sword, "I thought it might be useful, as I have not had time to prepare my most powerful spells this evening.

"Murderers skulking about in the night? We need to get out of here! Let's just try to survive the night, patron or no. The safest thing would be to find a large room and stay in one place, let this thing run its course. There's no way it concerns us." He looks at the others, whom he barely knows, "No way it concerns me, at least."

He rearranges his gear, putting the new sword on his hip, where it hangs a bit awkwardly, and tucking his cane instead into the straps on the side of his pack. He pulls out a torch and lights it, taking it in one hand , and the crossbow in the other. 

"Perhaps we should check these rooms for one large enough to all fit in? Or perchance someone left a healing salve or tonic behind? I feel we'll need anything that might be of use to survive."

He walks up to the next door and knocks politely. "Is anyone in here? There's trouble afoot and it may be safer with our group! We have many powerful wizards and sorcerers here to help!"

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Aldori Sword

-Crossbow

-9 bolts

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

-Potion of Healing

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-Ring of Keys

-3sp, 7cp

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+7 3

Shardik sniffs the air, padding back and forth down the hall. He pauses at the first door he comes to, the one Verne is already standing near, and scratches lightly at it. The door swings open from this light pressure, revealing another bedroom. Though there are no bodies here, two of the beds are soaked in blood which has begun pooling on the marble floor beneath them and soaking into the fine Qadiran rug at the center of the room. A mangled, severed human hand lies in the center of the rug.

Millanius knock yields similar results to Shardik's scratching; the door swings open easily. Within this room are three dead adventurers, all folks that Millanius saw but did not speak to in the Great Hall: a male human, a male dwarf, and a male elf, all with their throats cut as they slept.

As this happens, there's a thunderous roar from somewhere to the west as something massive bellows in fury, followed by a crash that shakes the earth. The sound and tremors carry clearly through the pair of heavy oaken doors at the end of the hallway. You all recall that the doors lead to a small but beautiful garden area, complete with a stream running through its center and a pair of narrow wooden bridges that span it. Past the garden is the manor proper. The details are a bit hazy for most of you, varying by levels of inebriation as you passed through the halls, but it's clear that if you wish to reach Lady Aldori--or even to just escape the manor--you're going to have to head in the direction of whatever made that sound.

Aldori Manor 003.png

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception25; 7: +5

ResourcesCharacter:

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-
*Diplomacy1020: +8

*Trained

As the door creaks open and the stench of blood hits Millanius he sways on the feet. The light from his torch illuminating the bodies, leaves him turning white as a sheet. Well, not these sheets; they appear to be distinctly crimson.

He stumbles into the room with a whispered, "This could've been us..." He pauses to gather his wits, then checks each bosy for any sign of life. Then he takes stock of anything left in the room of use. What can help him survive this nightmare?

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Aldori Sword

-Crossbow

-9 bolts

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

-Potion of Healing

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-Ring of Keys

-3sp, 7cp

Name
Medicine
1d20+0 4
Perception
1d20+5 14

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +6 | Hero: 1/1 | FP: 1/1

Eidolon | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4

Thomas strolls up and down the corridor like a princeling strolling through a freshly-conquered castle. He gives the summoned fey a jaunty nod.  Æthelflæd moves with much more distress, making concerned, distraught noises. The fae takes unstained cloaks and cuts bits of cloth with sharp fingernails, and uses them to cover up corpses. The air flexes under the influence of a Prestidigitation that clears splattered blood off the floor and shuffles bits of magically-cleaned viscera into little piles in corners.

"Terrible, just terrible!" The fae wrings their hands. "This... serviceable... corridor, invaded by uninvited guests! These... adequate... rooms, stained with blood! And now it sounds like the garden, the loveliest part of the place--I intend no insult--is being destroyed!"

Thomas barks a short, bitter laugh. "Ay, an no uither way forwards. Bars all about--if ye hoped ta gae oot the windae wi' the candlesticks, nae such luck." 

The long-limbed fae's lips become so thin they almost disappear entirely. "My lord! Even for one of your highly inappropriate jests...! I am sure none of these fine ladies and gentlemen would think it. Certainly not with these candlesticks."

Thomas lets it pass, and peers in the room after Millanius. His own nose wrinkles in a much more delicate distate at the smell. "Are ye well, Master Wizard? First time, like? Ye didnae handle yuirself puirly. Boke in there if ye like, 'tis a right mess awready; I've wine fuir ye tae wash the taste out."

OOC/mechanics

splgZTH.pngZakon Malheur

As the macabre revelation of the north room comes into view, Zakon takes in the scene, while others might have recoiled. "My, you have been busy," Zakon mumbled to the dagger he still held in one hand. Stepping into the room, he took care to avoid getting the pooling blood on his robes. "Where... are the bodies?" The question wasn't to anyone in particular. The man seemed genuinely confused as he looked around, to see if the belongings had been taken as well, and noticed a few drops of blood in a line towards the door. Only partially satisfied, he turned his gaze to the hand in the center of the room. Was it left as a message or overlooked? Why take the time to move corpses at all? The hand was in the center of the rug. Another step into the room, Zakon held the sleeve of his robe back with the hand holding the dagger, while the other reached out over the soggy red rug to pick the hand up to look at it more closely. He had no personal experience with such things but it seemed a human wrist would not be easily severed with a dagger, unintentionally. 

OOC

Interested in whether there looks to be gear in the room as well as if the hand seemed to be placed intentionally and whether it has any obvious markings or rings or whatever on it.

Zakon is also picking up the severed hand. You know. Taking it into evidence.  

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)