Intelligence 10 (+0)
Save +2 
Arcana +0 | History +0 | Investigation +2 | Nature +0 | Religion +0

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1 
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +1 | Medicine +1 | Perception +5 (E) | Survival +1

Charisma 12 (+1) 
Save +1 
Deception +1 | Intimidation +3 | Performance +1 | Persuasion +5 (E)

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Navigators
  • Instruments none
  • Weapons simple weapons, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
  • Armors Light

ROGUE CLASS ABILITIES
ExpertiseAt 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.
 | Sneak AttackBeginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
 | Thieves CantDuring your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

RACIAL TRAITS - CUSTOM LINEAGE
ASI - DexOne ability score of your choice increases by 2. | DarkvisionAccustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. | FeatYou gain one feat of your choice for which you qualify. | Language - GnomeYou can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for your character.

FEATS
HealerYou are an able physician, allowing you to mend wounds quickly and get your allies back in the fight. You gain the following benefits:

When you use a healer's kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point.
As an action. you can spend one use of a healer's kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can't regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest.

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Rapier +5 to hit for (1d8+3) piercing | Finesse
  • Dagger +5 to hit for (1d4+3) piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Shortbow +5 to hit for (1d6+3) piercing damage. | Ammunition, two-handed (80/320)

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (70.28 lbs.)

• Weight: 70.28 lbs. / 165 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.28 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 14 | Gold: 1 | Obsidian: 100 | Platinum: 0

(14 Coins x .02 lbs. = .28 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (30 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (10 lbs.) Leather Armor - 10 lbs.
  • Weapons (4 lbs.) Rapier - 2 lbs. | Dagger - 1 lb. | Shortbow - 2 lbs.  
  • Readied Items (16 lbs.) Quiver of arrows 1 lb. | Healer's Kit x2 - 6 lbs. | Ball Bearings 2 lbs. | Caltrops (2) 4 lbs. | Flask of Oil (3) 3 lbs. 

EQUIPMENT STORED (40 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (22 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Mess Kit - 1 lbs. | Rations x5 10 lbs. | 10' String | Bell | 5 Candles | Crowbar 5 lbs. | Hammer 3 lbs. | Soap | Tinderbox 1 lb.
  • Strapped to Backpack (18 lbs.) Waterskin - 5 lbs. | Hemp Rope 10 lbs | Blanket - 3 lbs. | 

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home none

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

none

ATTUNED (0/3)

none

APPEARANCE

Age 34 | Height 5' 10" | Weight 170 lbs. | Hair Brown| Eyes Light brown | Complexion Tan

Medium height and medium build, with average colored hair and eyes, there is little striking about him. He prefers to blend in and not be noticed, not wanting to be identified in case something goes wrong. 

He is a reluctant, if natural leader. While normally a private person, he can gather others to a cause if he needs to. He prefers to stay out of trouble but will fight for just causes. Despite his caution and obvious sadness, he can be outgoing and humorous, enjoying pranks and especially gnome humor, which most other humans don't understand.

BACKGROUND

LOCAL BRIGAND
Source Kingmaker

• Personality Traits: If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help. I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
  • Ideals: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. I don't steal from the poor. 
  • Bonds: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again. Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
  • Flaws: The people who knew me when I was young know my shameful secret, so I can never go home again.

Background Feature: Group CoercionYou have advantage on any charisma-based skill check against a group of two or more.

BACKSTORY

Originally a foot soldier for House Rogarvia, he served for 5 years until he was 23, rising to the rank of sergeant and leading his own platoon of 12 men. It was there he learned how to bind wounds and resuscitate fallen allies. He was an honorable soldier who treated the men of his platoon fairly. One day, a civilian had been murdered by someone in another platoon. His officer, not wanting a trial or investigation, told him he needed to pick a soldier in his platoon to take the fall. Knowing that this soldier would have been hanged, Cadoc refused to nominate anyone, and instead he was accused of the crime. While awaiting trial, he escaped. 

Disillusioned with the nobility and abused by his superiors, he deserted the army one year before the disappearance. As a deserter and accused murderer, he had nowhere to go in Brevoy, so he made his way south to the River Kingdoms and changed his name in order to evade repercussions. By the time he heard of the nobles' disappearance, he no longer wanted to return to Brevoy, instead staying in the River Kingdoms and making a home there.

Since then, he has made a living as a mercenary and a bandit. He's not proud of his choice, and tries not to hurt any innocent people, but he does what he needs to do in order to survive. Despite his previous military training, he refuses to wear any armor that might slow him down and has found a shield too cumbersome. He still carries a rapier, but no longer enjoys fighting, preferring to stay out of melee and use his bow if necessary. He also no longer fights fair when he is forced to fight. If he needs to win a fight, he'll do whatever he needs to do to win. He doesn't believe in arbitrary honor or codes, but won't hurt innocent people and will help those less fortunate where he can.

He's very interested in this job of helping set up a kingdom in the Stolen Lands and hopes it may be a way to redeem himself. While he didn't commit the murder, he did dessert his homeland and wasn't there when the nobles disappeared and his friends and family likely needed him the most. So he'd love the chance to redeem himself. 

When he tells others his story, he merely says he came to the River Kingdoms after the nobles disappeared. He never reveals his real name or the true story. He can also see in the dark. When asked, he says he must have some elvish blood, but in reality, he has a touch of orc. 

Cadoc Alwyn - Human Rogue 1spacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 10/10 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 | Darkvision: 60'

Cadoc watches briefly as his fellow mercenaries start to loot the tavern. The job had been to hunt and capture the swindler. They had caught up with their target in the tavern and all of the patrons and staff had fled during the ensuing apprehension. Now that the culprit is detained, and the tavern is empty, his associates have taken to looting the place. This is what the merchant gets for hiring this scum. Myself included. I'm just as likely to be on the other end of this manhunt. He's done some unsavory jobs in the past, and watched others do even more, but looting the innocent tavern is beyond what he can tolerate.

"Stop. Put back what you've taken from the tavern. Eat a bit of this leftover food, sure, but don't take any silverware. This will get back to our employer."

He picks up a piece of bread off of one of the plates, dips it in a bowl of half-eaten stew, and starts to slowly eat it as he walks out. To his mild surprise, no one complains. They take some food but leave the reast. Cadoc isn't the leader of this gang - no one is - and he doesn't ask much, but when he speaks, the others tend to listen. And the merchant has money. The reward should be enough.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I like him as a thief for 5e. If the group decides to go with pathfinder, I'd change him to a fighter. He's a soldier turned bandit so either class works for his story. Without the thief's bonus action object interaction, I wouldn't need to use rogue, and I think in pathfinder, fighter has more room in their action economy to use battle medicine effectively. So same roleplaying character, and same martial with some healing support, but it would change him to from ranged to melee as you look at party balance. Like I mentioned on Discord, I'd be happy to play this campaign in either system.