The Grand Market Inn and Tavern OOC

hoverfrog

I think we had a week or so timeskip. The Floating Gardens are a sector of Metrol, I believe. The only reference I can find quickly is here : "The royal palaces of Vermishard, seven in number, including Royal Vermishard, which was orbited by floating gardens". I can take a look through the sourcebooks later when I have a bit more time.

On a tangential note, I don't think there's a creation forge in Metrol, but if there is I would very much like to acquisition it. 😀
There are apparently three in Eston, but I'd wager that's probably where the Lord of Blades' forge is. Sadly, it'd likely be very difficult to move one, so that's likely a project for many levels from now.

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

9 hours ago, fenrirlokison said:

Where we going? The Floating Gardens? Is that in Karrnath? I'm looking at the map and did we teleport??? Either that or those undead are confused. Karrnath is all the way NE.

You've crossed the Mournland and come out the other side. Technically you're in the Talenta Plains, where Karrnathi zombies shouldn't be. Your plan was to join the Orien trade road north to skirt Lake Cyre and then enter Karrnath and the Mists near Metrol.

This is more or less the route you've taken.

image.png.68ec08ad8afa3fbd7b0f3453cb17d917.png

On 4/5/2024 at 3:57 AM, hoverfrog said:

You've crossed the Mournland and come out the other side. Technically you're in the Talenta Plains, where Karrnathi zombies shouldn't be. Your plan was to join the Orien trade road north to skirt Lake Cyre and then enter Karrnath and the Mists near Metrol.

This is more or less the route you've taken.

image.png.68ec08ad8afa3fbd7b0f3453cb17d917.png

The group dont really know that though, we dont know where tf we are XD

Looks like there is a chance we might run into more zombie guards :p. we will try to avoid them for now

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

And we came back in near a lake with a city on the horizon; would it happen to be a crimson lake? XD
Is there any way for us to tell where we are? (Would you like any specific rolls?)

That being said, it is currently getting dark and we'll need a place to make camp soon, if I am not mistaken?

As far as creation forges, we should totally try to find Making on our way back- if the city still exists...

Edited by Xepteregicide (see edit history)

It exists - or at least, its ruins do. We'd need a way onto the Glass Plateau, which is going to be difficult at best, I think.

image.png.3cd3bc910de5cc7a6a674d73d7070132.png

I wonder where the Genesis Forge is... That'd be extra fun to commandeer, but a lot less portable than even the creation forges, given that it's a 'fortress-sized' eldritch machine.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:01 PM, Xepteregicide said:

And we came back in near a lake with a city on the horizon; would it happen to be a crimson lake? XD
Is there any way for us to tell where we are? (Would you like any specific rolls?)

That being said, it is currently getting dark and we'll need a place to make camp soon, if I am not mistaken?

Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Local), a Survival check to navigate by the sun or the stars, certain spells can reveal your location. You have many options.

Yes, it will be dark soon.

On 4/12/2024 at 2:20 AM, miteke_mw said:

Will we need to use skills to navigate to get to the city, or just to find our way around once we are in it?

It is fairly obvious now so getting there isn't an issue. What skills you'll need once inside though....