The Grand Market Inn and Tavern OOC

hoverfrog

I don't think I managed to post it here but I've started a new job and it has made my normal posting time during the day almost non-existant for the next week or so. (Then training is over and things should come back to a better flow)

I apologize for not saying anything sooner.

Alright. Lets talk trained and untrained skills. I am looking to add skill ranks to Knowledge (Religion). I mean it makes sense to me, the group has come across some undead, she now has favored enemy (undead). If I put a skill rank into the skill, will it become trained? If not, then there is no point in putting ranks into it right? because she can only really get as high as a 10 on it no matter what she rolls because it would be untrained, right?

On 4/28/2024 at 6:42 PM, fenrirlokison said:

Alright. Lets talk trained and untrained skills. I am looking to add skill ranks to Knowledge (Religion). I mean it makes sense to me, the group has come across some undead, she now has favored enemy (undead). If I put a skill rank into the skill, will it become trained? If not, then there is no point in putting ranks into it right? because she can only really get as high as a 10 on it no matter what she rolls because it would be untrained, right?

Once you have ranks in it, you're skilled in it. What you don't get is the bonus for it being a class skill.

I need a refresher. I remember that we were looking for someone at their farm or something. I will go searching for it, but thought I would ask first, particularly since the IC thread starts with entering the Mournland and I'm not sure where the archived thread is.

12 hours ago, FrancisJohn said:

hoverfrog, any insight on how you want to handle various knowledge checks since Remi grew up in Metrol?

And for the players, here is the link to what we know about Metrol so far: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/5220-players-notes-eberron-new-cyre/&do=findComment&comment=54009

Actually being a native means you'll have all the common knowledge of the city, a lot of which would be useless now. For example, knowing the best butcher in your district or which bar to head to in order to pick up rumours about illegal goods being sold aren't much use. Yet knowing the best route to get into the sewers or where the royal palace was might be useful.

Depending on the check, I'd be willing to give a +2 circumstance bonus to sone checks.

Are you planning on visiting your family home?