Fieldsets back to back are hard to edit

matt_s

If I make something like

cats

Content goes here. I am typing placeholder text. Lorem ipsum dolorum est

more cats

Content. I am typing even more placeholder text. Sit amet I forget the rest of the lorem ipsum nonsensical latin why are you reading this blah blah blah. Beep boop.

It is extremely difficult (impossible?) to place new text/whatever in between these fieldsets.

I and probably others use field sets heavily for stuff like character sheets, so this has come up quite a few times. Adding whitespacea in the source editor is nonobvious (e.g. i can't just hit "enter" to add a carriage return) and I don't like using the source editor anyways...

edit: for context, posting discord discussion w/ bwatford on this

discord convo

1. that's a good workaround, i think it'd be better if I could just place the cursor between the two fieldsets and edit that way though.

2. [12:35 PM]bwatford: 

There needs to be a space there to start with for a cursor to be able to go in there. I think the issue is that when you created the second fieldset you didn't leave a space. Maybe @Eric can make it when you create a fieldset then it automatically adds a line above it. Not sure if that will create other issues for people that want them close together.
  3. [12:37 PM]matt_s: 

i think i'm just used to microsoft office world where you can place a cursor pretty much wherever. The easiest workaround i think is going into source and adding gibberish between each of the fieldsets and then deleting it in the WYSIWYG editor, but that does mean opening source editor.

4. [12:38 PM]bwatford: 

You can use <BR> in the source for a line break.

Edited by matt_s (see edit history)

Here is a way to do it without using the source.

1. Create a few empty lines below the bottom fieldset.

2. When you hover over the bottom fieldset you get a little box that appears in the top left corner of the fieldset. Put your mouse over that box and click it (hold down your mouse button and drag the fieldset down) until a line appears lower in the message and release. It might take you a couple of tries to learn but elements like the fieldset are drag and droppable in the post to move them.

image.jpeg.38f15c3dad8c0c1f2cd981d1786633c9.jpeg

image.jpeg.8273817d09e3c4e60c8d4730d1478fa2.jpeg

image.jpeg.12da629a811410c9b4bc467fb8c72312.jpeg

image.jpeg.ca2792445b9fbe142d4afb4ef7005a41.jpeg