Orc Hunt

Ryku

Request Information 

Client: The Guildmaster 
Member Limit: 4
Info: There has been reports of an increase in Orc activity on the 2nd Floor within the Ruins. Locate and kill 2 Orc Spawn Camps to make the area safe for low ranked travelers. Also the request requires that the party bring back the livers of the Orcs. 

Characters: 

Failure/Concession Guidelines : Failure would be leaving the sector with completing the Request objectives. 

spacer.pngIt was mid day when the party entered into the Ruins Sector of the 2nd Floor. Upon entering into the floor the party would hear talks from others referencing a recently death of a young female merchant within the ruins sector. After a season of increased harvest of the area is now experiencing a fight back phenomenon, Orcs have completely taken over the area and have even enslaved the goblins into serving under them. 

In order to stop the spawn of Orcs, the Campfires inside of Orc Camps within the sector must be destroyed.

Outside of this sector the Floor was very busy, but as soon as the party entered into the ruins it was a complete ghost town. Anyone who normally completed requests in the area would have an off feeling about the stillness of the ruins. The only thing that could be heard in the area was the whistles from the wind blowing through the cracked walls of the long abandoned ruins.

The party has been charged with the location and dismantlement of two orc camps. 

Challenge

• Tracking down the 1st Orc Camp: +7 (+2 Time & +5 Difficulty) [the players can pick the most appropriate skill as long as it makes narrative sense] 

Challenge Failure Expectations: The team may find themselves in a unfavorable position or successfully ambushed.

Edited by Fiffin (see edit history)

Roshini Stats 

⌬Roshini Prabhakara⌬
Base Refresh: 3
Adjusted Refresh: 1

High Concept: Bloodthirsty Priestess of Athena
Trouble: Small Sect dying out
Free Aspect: Lady Mercy won't be home tonight

Free Aspect: Eyes like an owl

Stats:

Great (+4) | {Fight}
Good (+3) | {Physique}, {Notice}
Fair (+2) | {Will}, {Athletics}, {Crafts}
Average (+1) | {Lore}, {Stealth}, {Rapport}, {Contacts}

Stress: P:[][][][][][]M:[][][][]

Consequences:[2][4][6]

Stunts/Gear

Saint of the Tower: Gain +2 to Fight when attacking a creature that is larger in scale. 

Saint of Fear:  Once per Act, instead of gaining a boost I can auto inflict the minor consequence 'Fear of Roshini' when I perform a success with style attack with fight against an enemy. 

Saint of War: (Requires Life Discipline). Once per Arc, I can ignore a minor physical consequence. 

Saint of Martyrs: Gain a +2 to Physique overcome actions when made to withstand physical pain in order to achieve my goal. 

Life Magic- You have mastered the power of life force itself. With it, you can begin the healing process on consequences (casting skill), create wards of protection (Crafts), and even temporarily focus the energy into weapons (Crafts) and angelic beings (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty.

Energy Magic- You have mastered the control of magical energy. You can manipulate energy into various sparkling blue, translucent forms, like a key to unlock a door (Burglary), a large hand to lift something out of your way (Physique), a shield for protection (Crafts), or a lightning bolt to attack someone at range (Shoot). You can animate objects (excluding what is covered by other disciplines)—such as armor, weapons, and rugs—into a creature capable of following commands (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty.

Active Aspects

None

Action & Results

None

Roshini Prabhakara

Roshini.pngRoshini was here spear newly sharpened and shield newly shined, gazing around with experienced eyes. As she walked through the ruins looking around she wondered what had happened to this place to cause everything to go so wrong. The Tower was a trial from Athena but who had tried to complete it and failed badly enough to destroy their civilization? Anyways back to the here and now. Looking around she tried to spot any signs of the orcs, to give the party an advantage in finding the orcs.

Edited by Ghost Gal Pal (see edit history)
Name
Using Notice to CAA
[0,+,+,+] +3 = 6
fate(3) 0,1,1,1

Markus

Concept 

Cartographer

Trouble 

People pick fights with me

Aspect 

Quiver of Tricks

Aspect 

In search of FFF (Fame, Fortune, oh and Father)

FATE  💛💛💛

REFRESH 3

SKILLS

(+4) Craft
(+3) Shoot, Notice
(+2) Lore, Athletics, Deceive
(+1) Investigate, Resources, Contacts, Rapport

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️

MIND  💙💙💙

Guild Reputation: Iron 

Stunts

Walking Bestiary "I know what that is, I practically wrote the book on it!" +2 to all lore rolls related to monsters and beasts.

Flash ShotWhen using flash arrows to create an advantage, Markus gains an additional invoke of the 'Blinded' aspect upon success against the affected targets.

Angle of AdvantageBeing able to judge distances precisely, Markus gains a +2 to shoot attacks when he is on the 'High Ground'.

Items

BowAn ornate bow that looks well upkept.

Large SatchelHolds a selection of books, scrolls and other things people deem unnecessary to bring on adventures.

rope and grappleStandard climbing gear that can be used in combination with the bow to rappel certain obstacles

Contacts

Apollo LibraryHigher levels of reputation with the Apollo Library allow one to call upon various benefits.

markus.png.b9e7e5961383a1ef633100837b025bb3.png"Let's keep our heads about us, orcs are known to set up their camps close to paths which see a fair amount of traffic," Markus said as he crossed a few places off his map... "They also want to be in a position with plenty of cover where they can ambush smaller groups," and circles several such locations.

Finished with his scribbling, Markus clears his throat and presents his two plans of action, "We can either take some guesses and aim directly for where their camp is by triangulating these likely ambush spots, or we can follow the 'suspicious' paths and let them ambush us, which'll naturally lead us to their nearby camp. Which shall we go with?"

Actions

Craft map CAA to come up with two plans of action for the party.

Edited by Gambitt (see edit history)
Name
Craft map CAA
[0,+,+,-] +4 = 5
fate(4) 0,1,1,-1

Fin the Streetwise Sorcerer

Core Aspects 

Streetwise Sorcerer

Everybody Wants a Piece of Me

Seeking the Lost Expedition

Keep it Cool, Keep it Together

Situational and Consequences 

Markus and his Plans
Roshini's Experienced Eye 💛💛

Iron Rank Climber 

RENOWN   🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

FATE  💛🤍

(+4) Shoot
(+3) Rapport, Athletics
(+2) Notice, Provoke, Stealth
(+1) Contacts, Deceive, Will, ???

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️
MIND  💙💙💙💙

Stunts

Heritage: FireI have mastery over fire. I can create it out of thin air with Rapport and use Shoot to attack my enemies. I can animate fire into a creature capable of following commands with Provoke, starting at +3 difficulty.

Discipline: WarpI've learned the secret art of portals. With Athletics I can warp anywhere within sight, or to a well-known location. Destinations further away or less familiar increase the difficulty. I can also open portals with Rapport and forcibly pull things towards me or push them away with Provoke.

Danger SenseMy Notice skill works unimpeded by conditions like total concealment, darkness, or other sensory impairments in situations where someone or something intends to harm me.

DarkvisionI can see even in the darkest of places, and ignore any situation aspect invoked against me whose advantage comes from the darkness.

ExplosionOnce per session, I can attack everyone in a single zone with Shoot. The roll applies to each target in the zone; they can each defend individually.

Items

Academy KnivesThese curved daggers were ceremonial and only intended for rituals. Although unfit for combat, she still found ways to (ab)use them in a pinch.

Academy CloakA heavy cloak issued for her current mission; she didn't enjoy wearing it. Sporting their green-white colors.

Contacts

WynnethirAn academy instructor and a well of patience.

JorellinCruel and arrogant noble hiring climbers to do his dirty work. Fin tries her best to steer clear of him.

IngramA darkhaired fire mage from the Westpoint party. Fin's senior at the academy - she helped save his sweetheart in an earlier climb of the Tower.

fin.png.9d1576ec67fa2c1f833800488e558cd6.pngFin regarded the newcomer with curiosity. She'd been working with Markus for some time nowShe had in fact been stuck with him ever since the Academy had assigned her the task of finding his father, who had vanished in the upper floors of the Tower.

Markus could be obnoxious - insufferable, sometimes - but he was also familiar, and clever in his own way.
, but this priestess was a mysteryFin had never been particularly pious, growing up an orphan on the streets of Alexius. She didn't know what to make of temple folk. to her. Roshini seemed capable enough, and well-equipped for this quest.

"Guess I'll go have a look-see." she said then, moving to scout ahead of her companions, bounding and slinking through the forest to inspect various possibilities laid out by the mapmaker. Now and then, she would signal her findings back to the others. Their targets, these lumbering and hulking brutes, were no match for her... even that one time she had been caught off guard. Fin shivered a bit.

Name
Scouting Ahead w. Stealth, Leading the Others
[+,+,0,-] +2 = 3
fate(2) 1,1,0,-1
Spending one Fate on "Keep it Cool, Keep it Together" and the free invokes from Markus
3+6

Roshini Stats 

⌬Roshini Prabhakara⌬

Stats:

Great (+4) | {Fight}

Stunts/Gear

Saint of the Tower: Gain +2 to Fight when attacking a creature that is larger in scale. 

Saint of Fear:  Once per Act, instead of gaining a boost I can auto inflict the minor consequence 'Fear of Roshini' when I perform a success with style attack with fight against an enemy. 

Saint of War: (Requires Life Discipline). Once per Arc, I can ignore a minor physical consequence. 

Saint of Martyrs: Gain a +2 to Physique overcome actions when made to withstand physical pain in order to achieve my goal. 

Life Magic- You have mastered the power of life force itself. With it, you can begin the healing process on consequences (casting skill), create wards of protection (Crafts), and even temporarily focus the energy into weapons (Crafts) and angelic beings (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty.

Energy Magic- You have mastered the control of magical energy. You can manipulate energy into various sparkling blue, translucent forms, like a key to unlock a door (Burglary), a large hand to lift something out of your way (Physique), a shield for protection (Crafts), or a lightning bolt to attack someone at range (Shoot). You can animate objects (excluding what is covered by other disciplines)—such as armor, weapons, and rugs—into a creature capable of following commands (Provoke), starting at a Good (+3) difficulty.

Active Aspects

None

Action & Results

Roshini's Experienced Eye x2

Roshini Prabhakara

Roshini.pngSeeing that Fin had found the orcs, Roshini smiled, getting out her shield and unsheathing her spear. Noticing that both Markus and Fin appeared to be long ranged though she started thinking of ways to back them up hazily remembering lessons flashing through her head. Remembering how powerful orc attacks were though she settled on one. Focussing entirely on the goddess she closed her eyes and started chanting a hymn that she knew well as a song for protection. "Of Pallas Athene, guardian of the city, I begin to sing." The strange power that appeared to come with her belief started forming around her threads of blue and silver appearing. "Dread is she, and with Ares she loves deeds of war, the sack of cities and the shouting and the battle. It is she who saves the people as they go out to war and come back. Hail, goddess, and give us good fortune with happiness!" With the last sentence the magic she had been gifted with formed into wards of protection with Roshini still focussing on the prayer nearly singing the words.

Name
Using Crafts to make a ward of protection
[+,0,-,0] +4 = 4
fate(4) 1,0,-1,0

Fin would lead the group right to the first Orc camp inside of the Old Ruins [1] without any trouble. The group would settle behind a large crumbling wall and on the other side was Orc camp filled with at least 5 Orcs and 2 mobs worth of Goblins. All of them were clearly communicating and eating at the moment. The smell of human flesh was clearly in the air.. 

A seconds past, a human scream could be heard coming from within the camp. If anyone peeped over the wall or through the many cracks of the wall they would see that a young girl and an older man were tied up and being dragged by their feet to the middle of the camp site. A large majority of the creatures then gathered around the two of them and began ripping their belongings away from them as they prepared to kill them both.  "Please, Please dont!!!!!! Oh my God Please HELLPP!" The sounds of both of them begging for their life would pierce the air. 

Currently as it stood the team had leverage currently holding the element of surprise. They could help this couple escape from what's about to be their death or they can keep their stealth so that they can adequately plan their attack. But this choice needed to be made now. 

Challenge 
  • Save the Couple from the Orcs!: +5 

The Group may refuse to partake in the challenge to keep their surprise round but the couple will surely die. 

• With the mobs surprised they are unable to add their skill modifiers to defends attempts within the surprised round.

Encounter: [Mob Ruling each mob here may have a / in the middle of its stress track. This means that when a mob has sustained that amount of stress and consequences the skills will decrease meaning the encounter could become less lethal.] 

Orc Mob: Zone Location [Camp site]

Man Eaters, Win by Brute Force

Physique +5, Fight +4, Athletics +4, Will +3

Stress: OOO/OOO

[2]/[2]

Thick Skinned: When you defending with Fight, Orcs get Armor:2

Goblin Mob 1: Zone Location [Campsite]

Murderous Pest, uncoordinated chaos

Fight +5, Athletics +3, Will +1

Stress: O/O/O

Raiding Act: Once per session, Goblin Mobs are able to make an attack on everyone in the zone using the fight skill.

Goblin Mob 1 [Campsite]

Murderous Pest, Uncoordinated Chaos

Raiding Act: Once per session, Goblin Mobs are able to make an attack on everyone in the zone using the fight skill.

Zones in Play [3] 

Campsite: Filthy and covered in bones, Tents and Fires, Orc Weaponry

Outside Ruins [1]: Lots of Cover, Rubble

Outside Ruins [2]: Lots of Cover, Rubble

Movement: Every Zone in play has a passive opposition to Movement of +2. In order to move into another zone characters must overcome the +2 passive opposition as a full round action. 

Edited by Ryku (see edit history)

Markus

Concept 

Cartographer

Trouble 

Aspect 

Quiver of Tricks

Aspect 

FATE  💛💛

REFRESH 3

SKILLS

(+4) Craft
(+3) Shoot, Notice

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️

MIND  💙💙💙

Stunts

Walking Bestiary "I know what that is, I practically wrote the book on it!" +2 to all lore rolls related to monsters and beasts.

Flash ShotWhen using flash arrows to create an advantage, Markus gains an additional invoke of the 'Blinded' aspect upon success against the affected targets.

Angle of AdvantageBeing able to judge distances precisely, Markus gains a +2 to shoot attacks when he is on the 'High Ground'.

Items

Large SatchelHolds a selection of books, scrolls and other things people deem unnecessary to bring on adventures.

rope and grappleStandard climbing gear that can be used in combination with the bow to rappel certain obstacles

Contacts

Apollo LibraryHigher levels of reputation with the Apollo Library allow one to call upon various benefits.

markus.png.b9e7e5961383a1ef633100837b025bb3.pngThanks to Fin's scouting, and more importantly Markus' planning, they were able to find the orc camp with great haste. Just as Markus had caught his breath behind the ruins wall, screams could be heard coming out of the camp. Peering around the cover, they saw the source of the sounds, captives.

Markus hesitated and looked back at his companions, Fin was already off to the side firing up some kind of spell or something and Roshini looked like she was ready to pounce at any moment. Markus let out a sigh, not sure what else he had expected from his adventuring companions. "... Alright, alright fine, I get it, act first think later... Just go in after my initial shot, it's packing something special I've been working on for moments like this." 

Markus pulled out an unusual looking arrow with a bulge at the front rather than an arrowhead from his quiver. He fired it directly at the victims surrounded by the assaulting orcs, fingers crossed that this thing worked as intended. Upon impact it ought to burst into a flash of blinding light. Quite harmless, though it should leave the assaulters blinded and confused at least long enough for Roshini to dash in and cut those people free of their bindings.

Actions

Shoot to overcome challenge. Spend 1FP to invoke Quiver of Tricks for +2 to roll

Name
Shoot to overcome challenge
[-,+,-,+] +5 = 5
fate(5) -1,1,-1,1
Fin is "Gathering Power" w. Rapport
[0,-,0,+] +3 = 3
fate(3) 0,-1,0,1

The party managed to successfully save the couple. The sudden attack complete enraged the group of beast that were inside of the Camp Site. Multiple grunts and screams were let out as they recovered from the confusion. Roshi was the only one inside of the Camp Site, the orc would quickly turn to face them and being beating their weaponry against their chest as a gesture to get ready for battle. 

Roshi may start the Round.  

Encounter: [Mob Ruling each mob here may have a / in the middle of its stress track. This means that when a mob has sustained that amount of stress and consequences the skills will decrease meaning the encounter could become less lethal.] 

Stress: OOO/OOO

[2]/[2]

Goblin Mob 1 [Campsite]

Zones in Play [3] 

Campsite: Filthy and covered in bones, Tents and Fires, Orc Weaponry

Outside Ruins [1]: Lots of Cover, Rubble

Outside Ruins [2]: Lots of Cover, Rubble

Movement: Every Zone in play has a passive opposition to Movement of +2. In order to move into another zone characters must overcome the +2 passive opposition as a full round action. 

Roshini Stats 

⌬Roshini Prabhakara⌬

Stats:

Great (+4) | {Fight}

Stunts/Gear

Active Aspects

None

Action & Results

Roshini's Experienced Eye x1

Roshini Prabhakara

Roshini.pngAs she was in the middle of the place she looked at Fin realizing what she intended to do and decided to try to get to another area outside the blast zone. So she started running to where the two were, trying to get there fast enough to dodge the blast managing to get out

Edited by Ghost Gal Pal (see edit history)
Name
Using athletics to get to outside the ruins
[+,-,-,0] +2 = 1
fate(2) 1,-1,-1,0

Fin the Streetwise Sorcerer

Core Aspects 

Streetwise Sorcerer

Everybody Wants a Piece of Me

Seeking the Lost Expedition

Keep it Cool, Keep it Together

Situational and Consequences 

Fin, Gathering Power
Markus and his Plans
Roshini's Experienced Eye 💛

Iron Rank Climber 

RENOWN   🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

FATE  🤍🤍

(+4) Shoot
(+3) Rapport, Athletics
(+2) Notice, Provoke, Stealth
(+1) Contacts, Deceive, Will, ???

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️
MIND  💙💙💙💙

Stunts

Heritage: FireI have mastery over fire. I can create it out of thin air with Rapport and use Shoot to attack my enemies. I can animate fire into a creature capable of following commands with Provoke, starting at +3 difficulty.

Discipline: WarpI've learned the secret art of portals. With Athletics I can warp anywhere within sight, or to a well-known location. Destinations further away or less familiar increase the difficulty. I can also open portals with Rapport and forcibly pull things towards me or push them away with Provoke.

Danger SenseMy Notice skill works unimpeded by conditions like total concealment, darkness, or other sensory impairments in situations where someone or something intends to harm me.

DarkvisionI can see even in the darkest of places, and ignore any situation aspect invoked against me whose advantage comes from the darkness.

ExplosionOnce per session, I can attack everyone in a single zone with Shoot. The roll applies to each target in the zone; they can each defend individually.

Items

Academy KnivesThese curved daggers were ceremonial and only intended for rituals. Although unfit for combat, she still found ways to (ab)use them in a pinch.

Academy CloakA heavy cloak issued for her current mission; she didn't enjoy wearing it. Sporting their green-white colors.

Contacts

WynnethirAn academy instructor and a well of patience.

JorellinCruel and arrogant noble hiring climbers to do his dirty work. Fin tries her best to steer clear of him.

IngramA darkhaired fire mage from the Westpoint party. Fin's senior at the academy - she helped save his sweetheart in an earlier climb of the Tower.

fin.png.9d1576ec67fa2c1f833800488e558cd6.pngBacked against a tree, Fin concentrated on the spark between her hands. Sweating, she poured her efforts into it - stronger, denser, hotter. Its volatile surface rippled and surged, now a white-hot sphere pressing the limits of her mastery - she turned and loosed it directly at the orcish cookfires, then dived for cover.

Name
Casting Explosion on Campsite w. Shoot
[+,+,+,-] +4 = 6
fate(4) 1,1,1,-1
Fate on "Streetwise Sorcerer"
6+2
Invoke on "Gathering Power"
8+2

Markus

Concept 

Cartographer

Trouble 

Aspect 

Quiver of Tricks

Aspect 

FATE  💛

REFRESH 3

SKILLS

(+4) Craft
(+3) Shoot, Notice

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️

MIND  💙💙💙

Stunts

Items

Contacts

markus.png.b9e7e5961383a1ef633100837b025bb3.pngMarkus went a bit pale when he heard the enraged monsters. He knew this wasn't a good idea, but no backing out now.

Markus eyed a nice vantage point atop some nearby ruins that would let him pick off the enemies while providing some added protection if he got targeted...

Upon approaching the ruins it was more difficult to climb than he had anticipated since they crumbled easily underfoot. Undeterred though, Markus did as he'd always done on countless cartography treks in the past. The climb had expended a bit of effort but he was able to complete it safely.

Finally having got atop the ruins just in time, Markus had a spectacular view of the blast that just about nearly engulfed him too... He let out a loud idiotic "whooooo!" with his arms in the air, "never doubted us for a second," he yells over the whooshing of hot air.

Actions & Results 

Athletics CAA climbing onto ruins.

Spent 1FP invoking Cartographer for a +2 to Athletics CAA, total roll: 3

Active Aspects

Ward of Protection [1] from Roshini

Atop the ruins [1] 

Name
Athletics CAA
[-,0,+,-] +2 = 1
fate(2) -1,0,1,-1

As the blast came into the zone, the Orc Mob would notice the large fire ball racing towards them. Most would quickly jump behind cover of the tents and debris within the area to mitigate damage. The air headed goblins were not fast enough to do the same, it completely evaporated both goblin mobs. 

Not only did it the blast take out two goblin mobs it completely warped the zone. Removing all prior aspects from the campsite and replacing them with [Blazing Fire and Smoke Filled] 

Results

• Orc Mob Sustained: 2 Stress: Invoked Scene Aspect [Tents] for a +2 on the defense. 
  • Goblin Mob 1 and 2 TAKEN OUT.

Stress: OOO/OXX

[2]/[2]

Stress: x/x/x

Goblin Mob 2: Zone Location [Campsite]

Zones in Play [3] 

Campsite: Filthy and covered in bones, Tents and Fires, Orc Weaponry  Blazing Fire, Smoke Filled

Movement: Every Zone in play has a passive opposition to Movement of +2. In order to move into another zone characters must overcome the +2 passive opposition as a full round action. 

Name
Orc Mob Defend 
[0,+,+,0] +4 = 6
fate(4) 0,1,1,0
Goblin Mob 1 Defend
[-,-,0,-] +3 = 0
fate(3) -1,-1,0,-1
Goblin Mob 2 Defend 
[-,0,0,0] +3 = 2
fate(3) -1,0,0,0

Suddenly the Orcs would rush forward to remove themselves from the Campsite. Screaming while still holding on to their weaponry they would push themselves into the Outside Ruins [1]. 

[2]/[2]

Zones in Play [3] 

Campsite: Filthy and covered in bones, Tents and Fires, Orc Weaponry  Blazing Fire, Smoke Filled

Name
Orc Athletics to move into OR1
[+,0,+,0] +4 = 6
fate(4) 1,0,1,0

Roshini Stats 

⌬Roshini Prabhakara⌬

Stats:

Great (+4) | {Fight}

Stunts/Gear

Active Aspects

None

Action & Results

Roshini Prabhakara

Roshini.pngSeeing the horde of orcs she rushed in, holding her shield in front of her body to defend herself and her spear outward. She started fighting using her shield to bash into an orcs chest. In the split second of shock that got her she stabbed her spear at the orc aiming for its throat.

Name
Using Fight to attack the orcs horde
[0,+,+,0] +4 = 6
fate(4) 0,1,1,0

The Orcs would quickly fight back against Roshini, using their weaponry and manpower to combat them. 

[2]/[2]

Zones in Play [3] 

Name
defending roshini's attack with fight
[+,+,+,+] +4 = 8
fate(4) 1,1,1,1