Sailors on the Starless Sea - OOC

cailano

I would say let's not metagame it too much. Let the brave and the foolish be in the front.

@GM can you clarify this:

3 hours ago, cailano said:

COMBAT

Every player (not character) needs to roll initiative. Roll 1d20. If either of your characters has an Agility modifier, use the highest one for both of your rolls.

It sounds like you only want one roll for initiative, but then you say "both of your rolls". Which is correct?

29 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Okay, I added a second roll for the other character. 

Gah. I'll try again. English is my first language I swear.

"Roll 1d20. This roll will count for both your characters. Add the highest of your two characters Agility bonuses to that roll. Both of your characters will act on the same action, based on that single roll you made."

so to be clear each player rolls 1d20 and adds in the best agility bonus of the two characters  this means that both characters act on that action roll. so far my two will be acting first among the players since I got lucky and rolled a 19

I have had a death in the family I will not be posting until Monday 2/20/23

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I would say let's not metagame it too much.

This. I, for one, am not here to "win." I'm just here to have a good time. If I die, I die, and I hope it'll be glorious and deliciously violent 💀

19 hours ago, cailano said:

You treated the older of the two for a nasty case of poison ivy last summer. Apparently, he never learned to stay away from dangerous plants.

I wish I could upvote this! Too good :3

The Vine Horrors rolled a 13 for initiative.

For the sake of PBP gaming, let's use two two initiative buckets. You either go before or after the monster. So that we don't block each other, let's say it doesn't matter what order you go in other than that.

Let's also say ties got to the PCs rather than worrying about Agility Bonuses.

So, if you got an initiative result of 13 or better, you're up.

The Vine Horrors are AC 13.

Okay so my guys go before. So do I only make an attack with one of them or can they both make attacks? I ask because I noted the last couple of posts only mentioned one of the two attacking. If I can find the time I really need to read up on these rules. 😉