Discussion

Kerillian

So far our basic idea is: Great Old One Apocalypse.

• The world was shattered by various outer gods, and strange creatures have infested and poisoned the earth.
  • There is also radiation, toxins, and other strange phenomena caused by the Golden Age militaries attempting to wage war on the gods.
  • The maelstrom is essentially otherworldly power/knowledge, which always comes at a price.

Edited by Kerillian (see edit history)

All I know is I want three things to exist in the setting: guns, gasmasks, and a Weird Force that people don't understand, whether that be outright supernatural stuff or just the remnants of poorly-understood science.

Actually now that I think about it, I've always wanted to play in a post-apocalypse set after the rising of an eldritch god. Sort of a 'what would it look like if the Great Old Ones actually won' where humanity is mostly just trying not to get eaten/turned insane

1 hour ago, Krimsin said:

Actually now that I think about it, I've always wanted to play in a post-apocalypse set after the rising of an eldritch god. Sort of a 'what would it look like if the Great Old Ones actually won' where humanity is mostly just trying not to get eaten/turned insane

Certainly puts a terrifying spin on the psychic maelstrom and it could introduce interesting threats like cults and eldritch creatures, which aren't that different from mutants if you think about it. I'd enjoy this, for sure.

Working my way through a Chopper app as we speak, though I do keep looking at Battlebabe and Angel as I write so I guess nothing is set in stone.

Edited by DoNotFearToTread (see edit history)

We will brush on on Ψ-harm as well, since that'll work for temporary Cthulhu madness.

Also I will be quite open with the threats that develop, so you can see their type/impulse/moves. Think of it as your character's generally understanding of the world and it's factions.

I like the idea. 

4 minutes ago, Kerillian said:

Time could be wobbly in pockets near fancy eldritch artifacts

That's probably a good compromise. The thought I was running with was that different settlements had different time rates, but that would most likely be too much extra book-keeping.