Discussion

Kerillian

52 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Figured I would start the applications off with a Brainer.  Seemed fitting, for a Cthulhu inspired post-apocalyptic world.

Oooh I like Dolly, will be interesting to see how she fits in with the hardhold and other characters. Always good to have a brainer around even though she scares everyone.

Everyone's characters look good so far! Just be thinking about what sort of work/activities they do to survive on a daily basis. It'll be a huge help for when we do the world building and player history phase.

IE: You on good terms with a warlord and do jobs for them sometimes, you know about a secret source of water, you trade for food with the fish people in the sewers, etc.

Edited by Kerillian (see edit history)

I figure Kitty is doing it pretty much by the playbook, under Barter opportunities. She's got a skill that people need and leverages it, not so much for profit since that doesn't seem to match her persona. She's not getting rich off anyone, she's just keeping fully stocked  :)

Hey there just popped over to Baldr to try out the new forums, and Apocalypse World has always been a fun, narratively driven looking game.  I was curious whether or not you would be looking for players still?

52 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Hey there just popped over to Baldr to try out the new forums, and Apocalypse World has always been a fun, narratively driven looking game.  I was curious whether or not you would be looking for players still?

Yep until next Monday, and even then if there are openings people can still DM me!

Heading to the office now, but my initial thoughts are an old Gunlugger, Khorde, who was trapped in R'yleah when it went down.  We've established that time is somewhat, woobly, so, he has memories of pre-apocalypse.  Climate change, rising oceans, and corrupt politicians ignoring it, to bring ack the Old Gods from their sunken cities.  Likely taking the Battlefield Instincts, Insano like Drano, and Not to be Eff'd With, to represent he is not, entirely, human anymore, some sort of taint or corruption making him almost super humanely durable.  Eventually he escaped R'yleah, but still hears the Old One's whispers in his head, and has decided to stay on the run, in this new, hellish, apocalypse.

Let me know if the concept works, and I will get cracking on the application. 

12 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Heading to the office now, but my initial thoughts are an old Gunlugger, Khorde, who was trapped in R'yleah when it went down.  We've established that time is somewhat, woobly, so, he has memories of pre-apocalypse.  Climate change, rising oceans, and corrupt politicians ignoring it, to bring ack the Old Gods from their sunken cities.  Likely taking the Battlefield Instincts, Insano like Drano, and Not to be Eff'd With, to represent he is not, entirely, human anymore, some sort of taint or corruption making him almost super humanely durable.  Eventually he escaped R'yleah, but still hears the Old One's whispers in his head, and has decided to stay on the run, in this new, hellish, apocalypse.

Let me know if the concept works, and I will get cracking on the application. 

Works for me, gunluggers can be very powerful so being connected to the old gods like that makes sense to me!

Putting this here to I'm not immediately cluttering up the Hx thread 😄

@KingGoblin I love that. It would be a really interesting dynamic that Kitty is the way she is because of Dolly. My initial reaction to reading about Dolly was 'oh, now this is the sort of poor soul that Kitty would gravitate towards, despite the weirdness'. Do you think this could explain a bit of her Weird -1? Like Dolly somehow shelters her from the bad stuff? (I ask because there is a distinctly Weird route to take with Angel and I was already thinking I would not). 🙂
@Kerillian If Kitty takes Hx-1 from Dolly, but her answer is a Hx+3 on my list, does it reduce to +2 or does it override my +2 and I take Dolly's -1?

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Putting this here to I'm not immediately cluttering up the Hx thread 😄

@KingGoblin I love that. It would be a really interesting dynamic that Kitty is the way she is because of Dolly. My initial reaction to reading about Dolly was 'oh, now this is the sort of poor soul that Kitty would gravitate towards, despite the weirdness'. Do you think this could explain a bit of her Weird -1? Like Dolly somehow shelters her from the bad stuff? (I ask because there is a distinctly Weird route to take with Angel and I was already thinking I would not). 🙂
@Kerillian If Kitty takes Hx-1 from Dolly, but her answer is a Hx+3 on my list, does it reduce to +2 or does it override my +2 and I take Dolly's -1?

Waaaaait a second, I think @KingGoblin might be using the first edition rules. Use this link for the 2nd Edition Stuff: Link.

2nd Edition doesn't have the -1HX thing, your HX scores won't be changed by anything so it'll be +3

@KingGoblin I don't see any major changes to the Brainer Playbook from 1st to 2nd edition, except you get 8-barter at the start instead of 5! You can also start with a vehicle if you wish and have a list of jobs to work at any time (standard on all playbooks in 2E).

Edited by Kerillian (see edit history)