Wizard 2 / Fighter 1

Medium humanoid female (Tiefling), Lawful neutral

Armor Class 17 (14+Dex+Shield)
Hit Points 36 (2d6 + 1d8)
Speed 30 ft.

Senses Darkvision, Passive perception 10
Languages Common, Elven, Infernal
Proficiency Bonus +2

"Sometimes you can do everything right and still lose, that is not failure, that is life."

ABILITIES & SKILLS
Proficiency Bonus:
+2

Strength 15 (+2)
Save +4
Athletics +2

Dexterity 12 (+1) 
Save +1
Acrobatics +1 | Sleight of Hand +1 | Stealth +1

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4
No skills associated.

Intelligence 20 (+5)
Save +5
Arcana +7 | History +5 | Investigation +5 | Nature +5 | Religion +7

Wisdom 10 (+0)
Save +0
Animal Handling +0 | Insight +2 | Medicine +0 | Perception +2 | Survival +0

Charisma 10 (+0) 
Save +0
Deception +0 | Intimidation +0 | Performance +0 | Persuasion +0

PROFICENCY & ABILITIES
Supernatural Gift:
Cloak of StarsAs an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appaering like a silhousette forms of the night sky. When you doe, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest., Nyxborn ResistanceYou have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage.
Nyxborn Origin: Side effect of some other divine action
Nyxborn Quirk: Anger smells like burning autumn leaves

PROFICIENCIES
    • Tools None
    • Instruments Flute
    • Weapons All Simple, All martial
    • Armors All

WIZARD CLASS ABILITIES
Arcane Recovery
Ritual Casting
Arcane Tradition (Abjuration)
Arcane Ward (Abjuration)

FIGHTER CLASS ABILITIES
Fighting Style (Dueling)When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon. | Second Wind

RACIAL TRAITS
Darkvision
Hellish Resistance
Infernal Legacy

FEATS

WEAPONS

• Long Sword +4 to hit for (1d8+2+2) Slashing. | Dueling /                     Versatile (1d10)
    • Longbow 3+ to hit for (1d8+1) piercing damage.
          Ammunition, heavy, two-handed (150/600)

SPELL SLOTS 3/3 (1st)
    • Wizard - Spell Save DC: 15
    • Spell Attack Mod: +7
    • Spells Prepared: 7

CANTRIPS (Wizard)
Green-Flame Blade | Mage Hand | Prestidigitation

FIRST LEVEL (Wizard)
Magic Missile | Shield | Burning Hands | Grease | Absorb Elements | False Life | Frost Fingers

WIZARDS SPELLBOOK
These spells are not available unless they have been prepared ahead of time. (Unless they are a ritual.)

FIRST LEVEL
Magic Missile | Shield(R) | Burning Hands | Grease | Identify (Ritual) | Absorb Elements(R)| False Life | Frost Fingers

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBRANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBRANCE (71.1 lbs.)

• Weight: 71.1 lbs. / 225 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.1 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 230 | Gold: 0 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

(5 Coins x .02 lbs. = 0.1 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPMENT READIED (61 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (51 lbs.) Scale Mail (14+dex) - 45 lbs. | Shield (+2) - 6 lbs.
  • Weapons (5 lbs.) Long Sword (1d8/1d10 Slashing) - 3 lbs. | Longbow (1d8) - 2 lbs.
  • Readied Items (5 lbs.) Spell Focus - 4 lbs | Quiver of Arrows - 1 lbs.

EQUIPMENT STORED (35 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (20 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Spellbook - 3 lbs. | Bedroll - 7 lbs. | Mess Kit - 1 lbs. | Tinderbox 1 lbs. | (10) Torches - 1 lbs. | (10) Rations - 2 lbs.
    Flute
  • Strapped to Backpack (15 lbs.) Waterskin - 5 lbs. | (50ft) Hempen Rope - 10 lbs.

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home

MAGIC ITEMS
* Denotes magic item (see below)

NON-ATTUNED

•

ATTUNED (0/3)

•

APPEARANCE

Age 24 | Height 6'2" | Weight 180 lbs. | Hair White | Eyes Black| Complexion Blue

Damaia strikes a tall and imposing figure. Her undeniable Tiefling features draw looks in many places and often put people on the back foot. With snow white hair and pure black eyes, her blueish skin seems almost inconsequential by comparison. She almost always capitalizes on these moments.

She prefers utilitarian clothing, leather pants and slim shirts under armour and cloak and leather protection. In the past she may have been accompanied by books and scrolls, but now she is more likely to carry with her sword and shield - and spellbook hidden among her cloak. She prefers people continue to think her more a brute than anything else, and her appearance lends to that opinion

BACKGROUND

FAR TRAVELER
Source SCAG

• Personality Traits: I believe that Strength of Mind and Body is important.
  • Ideals: The stories, legends, and songs of the past must never be forgotten
  • Bonds: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves
  • Flaws: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

Background Feature: All Eyes on You

BACKSTORY

When Damaia was a little girl all she wanted was to do was learn magic, despite her parents having no time for it, despite showing no natural aptitude, despite the martial pressures of Kontos. Despite all these pressures, she managed to impress upon her parents her desire to study magic enough that they did in fact allow her to indulge at the age of 16. And while she was by no means the best student she was dedicated and enthusiastic.

By the age of 18 she had managed to prove that she had the skill required to continue her profession. This clearly delighted her and she was not shy about telling people, her dreams however would be dramatically interrupted when, as was tradition, she was required to enlist in the military at the age of 18, and while it was not impossible that she would be able to continue her studies while serving, she did not believe that they would allow her the freedom to study as she chose, nor did she believe in using her talents for the military.

She had only ever had a desire to be a scholar, an educator and to build her knowledge through study and practice, she had no desire for military life, she had no interest in the mandatory service or the 'honour in duty' that came with it. She found it all rather gruesome and the constant struggle to survive, that ridged, scrappy, might-makes-right attitude that everyone around her had always tried to instill in her ground on her, she hated it and wanted no part of perpetuating the cycle.

This lead to the first and most dramatic turn of her young life when instead of reporting for service she instead took to the hills around her hometown, moving from village to village and continuing to study as best she could, however things would not turn out the way she wanted. In her attempt to flee from the responsibility of service and a life as a soldier she was, ironically, forced into a life as far from what she wanted as possible, despite all her attempts to avoid it.

At first her minor skills as with magic allowed her a degree of protection and resources but quickly both of those ran dry and it was not long before she was accepting help wherever she could find it. After two years on the move, she found herself employed for her magical talents by a group of sellswords that went by the name of the Red Banners. She joined for the company to assuage loneliness, the protection of a larger group and the resources that they could provide. She thought that her skills may set her apart, but it seemed the fate would always bend back to the beginning.

The leader of the company - a towering half-orc by the name of Kasos - insisted that she learn to protect herself in a more physical way and not rely entirely on her fledgling magical skills. Despite her protests and despite her complaints - or perhaps because of them - Kasos would not relent and gave her no other choice, for she had finally and completely run out of options, she reluctantly agreed.

So after giving up her home, and her dream to avoid military service and the life of a soldier, Damaia found herself doing exactly the thing that she tried to avoid and spent her days training with the other warriors of the company, though she never entirely gave up her studies it was not long before she was at least marginally accomplished with a blade. Despite all this, the company was not what she expected it to be. it was not the ridged structure of her upbringing, nor the strictly controlled life of a soldier. Many up of many peoples from many places, the Red Banners did not adhere to the same uncompromising attitudes of others in Kontos.

It was this new group that also introduced her to a sense or true duty and respect for Varaxis. Previously Damaia had never had a strong sense of religion, her parents had instilled in her a sense of reverence for the gods, though they chose instead to follow Volena. Damaia never felt much need to worship - strictly, and without compromise, like much of the structure of Kontos - and of the gods at all. Her time in the Company of Red Banners changed that when she started to see real, intimate violence.

Varaxis - being the patron of soldiers as well as the protector of the helpless - was not only a favourite among her new companions but also spoke to her on a deeper level that she had expected. She still struggled to affect any sense of true structured worship, but her heart had a place for the Deity above all others.

By the time she was 20 years old she had spent two years fighting, bleeding and protecting her allies - and friends - in the company, a life that she could never have dreamed that she would have, let alone appreciate as much as she did. There was no need for the constant struggle, nor the restrictive lifestyle that she had grown up expecting, instead she found a life of freedom and comradery, despite ending up doing exactly the thing she sought to avoid.

It was at this time that she finally returned full-time to her magical studies, despite never entirely letting her martial training fall by the wayside, by the time she was 22 she had, in her time with the company, had fought against - and for - any number of minor bandit groups, despots raiding tiny villages and minor nobles in needs of a brace of blades to get something done quickly.

She was 24 years old by the time the dreams, that would not leave her, that dogged her every waking hour drove her to part ways with the company of men and women that she had spent the better part of 6 years with. None were prone to tearful goodbyes and Kasos the most did his best to convince her he was just glad to see her gone. She would once again spend her time alone, seeking the origins and meanings of these dreams.

The Company of the Red Bannersspacer.png

Leader: Kasos Kasosian
Type: Mercenary company of (mostly) upstanding morals.

The Company of the Red Banners is a mercenary company that plies its trade in Halaea, primarily in the area around Kontos, though they do accept work outside of Kontos, primarily in the Skiero region, their main focus is the more rural areas of Kontos.

The company happily accepts people from all regions and origins creating a wildly diverse group, and though most are traditional mundane soldiers, the company also boasts a certain about or arcane and divine practitioners.

Due to this diversity, The Company of the Red Banners is an eclectic and diverse group of people with a wide variety of ethnic and racial backgrounds, and though the worship of Varaxis is the most popular there is no distinct religion feel to the company as a whole

The main focus of the group is the disbanding of local bandit gangs or uncontrolled militia, though they are not always as picky as they should be about who they work for they usually try to vet their potential employers before they take any assignments. They are however notorious for breaking contracts with people who they think have misrepresented the situation. One such example is when on the outskirts of Kontos a local lords hired them to prevent apparently wide spread bandit action in the area around a small town called Tanmos.

The Company agreed to the assignment after investigating the lord and finding no immediate problems, they arrived on the scene and began searching for and dismantling local organised groups in an attempt to find the largest core of the supposed bandit group. After several skirmishes information came to light disproving the lords version of events and proved that, in fact, the so-called bandits were in fact attempting to fight for lands and resources that the lord of Tanmos had been draining from the area, leaving its people destitute.

When it became obvious that this was in fact the truth of the matter the Company turned on the lord and attempted to aid the locals in their small-scale revolt. This inevitably tarnished their reputation in certain circles - though it did improve it in others.

After this event the Company Captain - Kasos Kasosian - was even more strict in his efforts of only taking on assignments from people who could prove would align with the interests and morals of the Company. They stopped taking small-scale assignments from locals nobility and governors that could not provide them with proof - usually in the form of some local spokesman - that they were in fact doing the right thing.

Edited by Neopopulas
Removed infringing links (see edit history)

spacer.png

Damaia Hazil
AC: 17Armour: 14
Dexterity: +1
Shield: +2
| HP: 36 (*Abjuration Ward;
When casting an Abjuration Spell of 1st level or higher.
Gain Wizard level x2+Int mod as a Ward.
Whenever you cast Abjuration magic - even if the ward is at 0 - add a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.
) | Proficiency: +2 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 12 | Speed: 30ft
Saves: Str +4 | Dex +1 | Con +4 | Int +5 | Wis +0 | Cha +0 | Resistances: Fire, Necrotic, Radiant
Special Abilities: Cloak of StarsEffect: Disadvantage on attacks against you for 1 minute.

As an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appearing like a silhouette forms of the night sky. When you doe, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
, Second WindOn turn, bonus action to regain 1d10+Fighter Level HP.

Once per short/long rest.
, Darkvision60ft

Thanks to your Infernal heritage, you have superior Vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.

Attacks: Long Sword [+2 | 1d8+2 Slashing. (Versatile. 1d10)] | Long Bow [+3 | 1d8+1. 150/600]
Spells; DC: 15. Attack +7. Spells Prepared 7. | Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Green-Flame Blade, Thaumaturgy

Level 1 [▣ ▣] | Magic Missile, Shield, Burning Hands, Grease, Absorb Elements, False Life, Frost Fingers

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)
Name
Nyxborn Origin
1d6 3
Nyxborn Quirk
1d6 3

Character creation;

Stats: 14, 10, 12, 10, 18, 14
Character Level: 3rd
Starting Gold/Equipment: Per Class and Background.
Allowed Material: All official, Subclasses from the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn.
Banned Material: Any flying race.
Players Needed: 5
Prohibited Alignments: Any Evil
Supernatural Gift: Please choose a Supernatural Gift from the Mythic Odysseys of Theros.

Might as well roll stats, i never roll stats but there is nothing to lose here!

Character building;

Stats;
14, 12, 14, 18, 10, 10
Racial Bonus +2 Int, +1 Str
15, 12, 14, 20, 10, 10

Supernatural Gift: Nyxborn (Cloak of Stars, Nyxborn Resistance)
Nyxborn Origin: Side effect of some other divine action
Nyxborn Quirk: Anger smells like burning autumn leaves

Background: Far Traveler
Insight, Perception

Level 1 (Wizard 1)

Hit Points at 1st Level: 8

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Arcana, Religion

Spellcasting, Arcane Recovery
Cantrips: 3, 1st level spells
6 First level spells

Level 2 (Fighter 1)

Hit Points at Higher Levels: 10

Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons

Level 3 (Wizard 2)

Hit Points at Higher Levels: 8
Arcane Tradition (Abjuration)
Cantrips: 3, 1st level spells
+2 spells

Starting funds 200
Background 5

Sold Chain Mail 75

Scale Mail - 50

Name
Ability scores
repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below),lowest),6) 4,1,1,4,1,6,1,1,3,2,6,1,2,2,3,3,1,6,1,3,3,3,4,2,6,5,6,6,5,3,6,3

5 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

I think this is pretty much done!

If there is anything i need to change, or anything you want me to expand on or fill out let me know, i'd love to work with you to build out any features we can from this.

The Red Banner sounds very interesting and like something that needs to be fleshed out :D, Everything looks great, and ill go ahead and mark this completed, Damaia looks great!

Update: I did a little blurb on the mercenary company, any questions i can expand on if you like.

I also added a little paragraph about Damaia's religious views and her conversion to Veraxis because i realised i'd forgotten it.

31 minutes ago, Neopopulas said:

Update: I did a little blurb on the mercenary company, any questions i can expand on if you like.

I also added a little paragraph about Damaia's religious views and her conversion to Veraxis because i realised i'd forgotten it.

Only have one question! Would Kasos or anyone else in the company have given you a send-off of some kind? Maybe a ring or pendant or something to thank you for your time spent with the company? like a badge of honor? Maybe a blade of some sort?

Other than that I love the leader's name Very Kontosian very well put together!

Thanks!

I was thinking about what she might have brought with her from her time in the company and i think some sort of send-off would be cool. Maybe she was given some sort of nice sword, something with insignia on it maybe. I like it because its something that she would use and represents her time with them really well, and her time there is a great big moment for her because its sort of an example of how you can try to avoid things (in this case, her duty) but in the end you kind of always end up back there, because she ended up a soldier anyway, even if it was slightly more freeform.

As i was writing it up i did think of a question though. What is the sort of theme around tieflings? Are they simply a race that breeds true - in that, they have a homeland of sorts, and tiefling parents have tiefling children. Or is it more of a maybe random chance, touched by 'gods' sort of thing. I was just thinking about it because i didn't even consider that they might have a homeland when i started writing it and thus i didn't really think about how they might be seen by others. I did put in a little bit of subtle outsider feeling in the background but not a lot.

13 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

Thanks!

I was thinking about what she might have brought with her from her time in the company and i think some sort of send-off would be cool. Maybe she was given some sort of nice sword, something with insignia on it maybe. I like it because its something that she would use and represents her time with them really well, and her time there is a great big moment for her because its sort of an example of how you can try to avoid things (in this case, her duty) but in the end you kind of always end up back there, because she ended up a soldier anyway, even if it was slightly more freeform.

As i was writing it up i did think of a question though. What is the sort of theme around tieflings? Are they simply a race that breeds true - in that, they have a homeland of sorts, and tiefling parents have tiefling children. Or is it more of a maybe random chance, touched by 'gods' sort of thing. I was just thinking about it because i didn't even consider that they might have a homeland when i started writing it and thus i didn't really think about how they might be seen by others. I did put in a little bit of subtle outsider feeling in the background but not a lot.

An elegant sword with the Red Banner's insignia on it sounds great!

I like to think of Tieflings as descendants of the Khin and mortals. The Khin play the role of the infernals in my setting, they are celestials who after countless centuries of being charged with torturing the souls of the wicked are now tainted themselves.

Cool so there might be a little bit of prejudice there but not so much that they aren't at least a semi-well known race in places.

I think it all wrapped up nicely and in good time too.

I do have a question though. Since i'm sort of combining wizard and fighter and i wanted to show how she can blend the two, do you know of any options that might allow me to cast while armed? I do think there are some class options but, obviously i haven't picked though lol

Since i thought she'd be using sword and shield, i'd need some way to make the shield or the sword - maybe since she has this special sword she got - be the casting focus, or maybe some way to make the sword a focus so she can switch it to another weapon if she loses that one. I don't really think much in the way of magic items fight the character right away either.

Anyway i'm still looking around for options but i thought i'd ask to see what you're cool with.

1 hour ago, Neopopulas said:

Cool so there might be a little bit of prejudice there but not so much that they aren't at least a semi-well known race in places.

I think it all wrapped up nicely and in good time too.

I do have a question though. Since i'm sort of combining wizard and fighter and i wanted to show how she can blend the two, do you know of any options that might allow me to cast while armed? I do think there are some class options but, obviously i haven't picked though lol

Since i thought she'd be using sword and shield, i'd need some way to make the shield or the sword - maybe since she has this special sword she got - be the casting focus, or maybe some way to make the sword a focus so she can switch it to another weapon if she loses that one. I don't really think much in the way of magic items fight the character right away either.

Anyway i'm still looking around for options but i thought i'd ask to see what you're cool with.

There are a few options that we can work with:

1. the War Caster feat allows you to perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.

2. Ruby of the War Mage which is a common magical item that allows you to attach it to your weapon and then use your weapon as your spell-casting focus. You could have it crafted or buy it as one of your common magical items and have it at game start.

Good call. I'll look into XGtE for the Ruby. And i guess i know what my level 4 feat will be! It just fits her too well and really works with my image of her.

I had considered a bunch of weapon options. At first i thought spear but she was taught by the Red Banners and they aren't really an army, they fight together but sort of separately, so no spear line. And sword+Shield is such an iconic old fantasy theme over the single sword look i had to go for it.

Warcaster at 4 and the ruby if i can get it now, i'll look into it, thanks.