Sheet Folders in Testing ×

MysteriousMillers Application

MysteriousMiller

Nine Lives Lost

fa4937204a9c5b1a9cd4ffb491c2540e.jpg

"Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Fate leads the willing and drags along the reluctant" - Seneca

"Ask not what tomorrow may bring, but count as blessing every day that fate allows you" - Horace

Soulknife Rogue 3

Medium humanoid male (Reborn Tabaxi), neutral

Armor Class 15 (studded leather armor)

Hit Points 24 ( 3d8 )
Speed 30 ft.

Senses passive perception 15

Languages common, elvish, abyssal, celestial, thieves' cant

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 8 (-1)
Save +0* 
Athletics +0*

Dexterity 16 (+3) 
Save +6* 
Acrobatics +6* | Sleight of Hand +4* | Stealth +6*

Constitution 10 (+0)
Save +1*
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +4*  
Arcana +2* | History +2* | Investigation +6*(E) | Nature +2* | Religion +2*

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +2*
Animal Handling +2* | Insight +4* | Medicine +2* | Perception +6*(E) Survival +4*

Charisma 16 (+3) 
Save +4* 
Deception +6* | Intimidation +4* | Performance +4* | Persuasion +6* 

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency. / * denotes +1 from Luckstone

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Thieves' tools, Disguise kit
  • Instruments 
  • Weapons Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords 
  • Armors Light

ROGUE CLASS ABILITIES

Sneak Attack (1d6) | Cunning Action |

SOULKNIFE SUB-CLASS ABILITIES
Psi-Power (4d6/LR) | Psi-bolstered Knack | Psi-Whispers | Psi-Blades (1d6/1d4) |

RACIAL TRAITS
Ancestral Legacy - Cat's Claws (20ft climb), Cat's Talent | Deathless Nature | Knowledge from a Past Life (2d6/LR)

SUPERNATURAL GIFTS

Ear's of the Oracle | Oracle's Insight (1d10/SR) | Oracle's Piety

FEATS

none

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Psi-Blades +5 to hit for (1d6+3/1d4+3) psychic damage. | Finesse, thrown (60)
  • Dagger +5 to hit for (1d4+3) piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Sling +5 to hit for (1d4+3) bludgeoning damage. | Ammunition, ranged (30/120)
  • Cat's Claws +5 to hit for (1d4-1) slashing damage. | Finesse

ORACLE'S PIETY (4)

PIETY 3+

Augury (R)

PIETY 10+

Divination (R) 

PIETY 25+

Commune (R)

PIETY 50+

You can increase your INT or WIS score by 2, as well as increasing your maximum for the chosen score by 2. 

ORACLE CURSE

Fate intends to use me as an oracle whether I want to listen or not. 

(R) Denotes ritual spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (65.60 lbs.)

• Weight: 65.60 lbs. / 120 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (3.10 lbs.)

Copper: 2 | Silver: 153 | Gold: 0 | Obsidian: 0| Platinum: 0

(155 Coins x .02 lbs. = 4.2 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (22.5 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (16 lbs.) Studded Leather 13lb, Common Clothes - 3lb.
  • Weapons (2.5 lbs.)  Dagger - 1lb. | sling + 20 bullets - 1.5lb.  
  • Readied Items (4 lbs.) Thieves' Tools - 1lb  | Healer's Kit - 3lb | Magnifying Glass | Clockwork Amulet* | Luckstone* | Copper Ring

EQUIPMENT STORED (40 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (18.5 lbs.) Backpack - 5lb | Crowbar- 3lb | Hammer - 3lb | 10 pitons - 2lb | 2 oil flasks - 2lb | Disguise Kit - 3lb | Mirror - 0.5lb
  • Strapped to Backpack (14 lbs.) Hooded Lantern - 5lb | Silk Rope & Grappling Hook - 9lbs
  • In Belt Pouches (8 lbs.)  3 pouch - 3lb | Tinderbox - 1lb | ball bearings - 2lb | caltrops - 2lb 10' stringbell5 candles | 10 chalk | whistle

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home none

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

Clockwork Amulet

ATTUNED (0/3)

Luckstone

APPEARANCE

Age appears to be around 20? | Height 5' 7" | Weight 125 lbs. | Hair None | Eyes Pale Blue/ Bright Yellow | Complexion Grey

Once upon a time, Nine may well have been a very handsome young tabaxi. He certainly has a delicate bone structure and the most amazing, large delicate ears. For all he knows he cut a princely figure, muscular and lean, with dark, sleek fur and beautiful amber eyes...that's certainly how he imagines he used to look.

But the reality is that he's a furless, pinkish-grey skinned wretch of a creature, whose flesh looks not dissimilar to that of a corpse. He doesn't let strangers get too close as there's a faint odour about him that slightly reminds one of an open grave. However, if you're a close personal friend he might show you his scars or the dent in the back of his skull...if you ask nicely!

His body is thin and weedy and one of his lovely ears seems to have been chewed by a rat! But his most striking feature is his eyes...for one is as blue as the sky whilst the other's the colour of gold.

His dark clothing seems well made, but is old and worn, tattered and musty smelling. On one finger he has a copper ring, which he fidgets with constantly. Around his neck he wears his lucky stone and in a pocket he carries a beautiful and unusual fob-watch, though he can't quite remember where it came from.

Nine struggles to remember his past life, with only flashes of memories coming to him as he tries to rest or as he ponders a problem. He struggles too with his reborn body...feigning sleep and pretending to eat and drink when in the company of others. His rebirth has brought some gifts however, and he is quickly learning to use his psychic abilities. The Voice in his head and the strange visions he's been having recently, coupled with the experience of digging himself out of his own grave has left him nervous (especially around graveyards), though he's certainly not a coward.

But Nine's biggest struggle is in accepting the role that Fate has given him. Clearly he has wronged her somehow, but he doesn't have to enjoy her regular interference in his life...even if she may be the reason he's still around!

162b73795482d0c1a7b01389ee7b91e0.jpgPrevious life:

What Nine doesn't remember (and would struggle to admit to himself if he did) is that his life now is better than it was before. He was nothing special, just a street-rat, a common thief, and not a very good one at that! He had been at death's door 8 times before the nasty fall that finally killed him...a fall that took place as he fled with his ill gotten gains from his latest poorly-planned job. Whether he fell or he was pushed...well, he really doesn't know! But Fate's intervention has given him the chance for a fresh start

BACKGROUND

HAUNTED INVESTIGATOR
Source VRGR (Customised)

• Personality Traits: I'm easily startled, but I'm not a coward.
  • Ideals: I've wronged Fate and must work her will to avoid her curse.
  • Bonds: Everything I do is in the service of a powerful mistress - I must serve Izona whether I wish to or not.
  • Flaws: I've seen the evil of graveyards—I've been buried myself and never want to go back there.

Background Feature: Heart of Darkness

Trinket: A copper ring with the word "mine" engraved on the inside.

BACKSTORY - WIP

It was definitely the fall that killed him...of that Nine was certain. Other than that, his life before was pretty much a blur.

The first memory of his "new" life was a voice in his mind. "NINE LIVES LOST!" it shouted...his name perhaps, being used to call him from his rest. Or maybe just a simple statement of fact! Then came the sensation of pain, teeth chewing on his right ear. Trying to scream he realised his mouth was full of sand, his body, arms and legs pinned by the weight of the desert above him. Wriggling furiously he managed to dislodge whatever creature was making a meal of his lughole, then began to claw his way slowly free from his dusty grave. As his head finally broke through the surface he found himself literally inches from the skull of an ancient skeleton. Stifling a cry of terror he turned his head this way and that, only to find himself surrounded by bones, half buried by the sand and dust blowing fiercely across the dunes. The thought that he'd been buried in this horrible place was almost as bad as the sudden realisation that a few short moments ago he'd been dead!

Finally breaking free, the newly "reborn" tabaxi staggered away, desperate to get far from the desert graveyard he'd been left in, lurching heedlessly into the wasteland without a thought as to where he was heading. For forty days and nights he wandered, with only the voice in his head for company, a voice which occasionally uttered forth from his mouth with seemingly random declarations. Wandering through the wilderness he had the time to gradually learn about his newly rebuilt body, time to listen to the mysterious voice and time and to mull over how he'd ended up here. He wasn't sure he liked everything he he discovered!

He remembered little of his previous existence, images coming back to him unexpectedly in flashes that gave him glimpses without seeing the whole picture. He recalled finding a lucky stone that he still wore around his neck, stealing a strange fob watch, fleeing over rooftops, a fall - and the crack of skull on paving stone. He knew instinctively that he had died in that fall, and the fact that he no longer needed to eat, sleep, drink or breathe seemed to suggest that somehow he wasn't really alive now, but Fate had stepped in and somehow he was conscious and walking around. He believed that Izona must have a plan for him...but he wasn't overjoyed at being a pawn of the gods. He was grateful to her, but he liked to believe he was in control of his own destiny, with his Lucky Stone playing its part. Perhaps he could prove that, despite Fate's insistence, life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is Fate, but the way you play it is free will...with a little luck thrown in for good measure!

Whether due to the hand of Fate or Luck, he was eventually discovered by a Caravan on it's way along the Mithral Road from The Glittering City, Tasu to the coastal safe-haven known as Ivory. Nine was grateful for some company at last, despite his rescuer's nervousness around their unusual guest. He tried to make them more comfortable by pretending to eat and drink and feigning sleep each night. As they journeyed together, he discovered that while his body wasn't as strong or agile as he remembered and his Cat's senses were dulled, he could now use his mind to speak to the others and could even create knives purely from his thoughts. Useful... he thought as he sat by the fire one evening, twirling the blades with his imagination. Though not so useful if I can't see who I'm throwing at! he added as he threw the blades into the darkness.

By the time they reached the city, Nine thought he had come to terms with the Voice and accepted the will of Fate (grudgingly), but then came the "dreams" and another more terrifying Voice in his mind "You shall be the final one to die." Shaken, he grabbed whatever he could find, in a vain attempt to prepare himself for the challenges that might lie ahejumptedn jumped aboard the first ship out of the port, sailing towards a place called Baromenes.

Edited by MysteriousMiller (see edit history)

reserved for amendments

@TheWordWeaver As a reborn tabaxi I'm keeping the skills and climbing speed through AncestralLegacy...I was wondering if i might also be allowed to keep the Cat's Claws as a weapon as per tabaxi, and if so could i ask if I might use them as a Finesse weapon for the purposes of Sneak attack?

On 2/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, MysteriousMiller said:

reserved for amendments

@TheWordWeaver As a reborn tabaxi I'm keeping the skills and climbing speed through AncestralLegacy...I was wondering if i might also be allowed to keep the Cat's Claws as a weapon as per tabaxi, and if so could i ask if I might use them as a Finesse weapon for the purposes of Sneak attack?

I don't see why not, yes to both!

@TheWordWeaver it seems I've also encountered the same problem as @Guardian Angel Haruki ...my app has been hidden.

Can either of you help me to resolve this. I've removed the links to other websites which might have caused the problem. How do I get this approved so I can continue?

4 minutes ago, MysteriousMiller said:

@TheWordWeaver it seems I've also encountered the same problem as @Guardian Angel Haruki ...my app has been hidden.

Can either of you help me to resolve this. I've removed the links to other websites which might have caused the problem. How do I get this approved so I can continue?

No worries, I've approved it 😛

7 minutes ago, MysteriousMiller said:

@TheWordWeaver I think my character will be tied to Izona...the Mouthpiece of Fate if you like. However, I'm intrigued by the idea of Fate vs. Luck...is there a god of Luck in one of the pantheon by any chance?

I like to think Nezeris is tied to luck whereas Izona is tied to fate much like two sides of the same coin. Alike but different.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)

@TheWordWeaver There are a number of items that tickle my fancy.

Common Item - Clockwork Amulet (ties into the idea of Fate controlling an action)

I think the best matches for my Uncommon Item would be the following...

Bag of Holding (if you are running encumbrance rules I think this would be my number one choice)

Periapt of Wound Closure (ties into the idea that Izona won't let him go until she's finished with him)

Luckstone (ties into the idea that he believes Luck may help overcome Fate)

On 3/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, MysteriousMiller said:

@TheWordWeaver There are a number of items that tickle my fancy.

Common Item - Clockwork Amulet (ties into the idea of Fate controlling an action)

I think the best matches for my Uncommon Item would be the following...

Bag of Holding (if you are running encumbrance rules I think this would be my number one choice)

Periapt of Wound Closure (ties into the idea that Izona won't let him go until she's finished with him)

Luckstone (ties into the idea that he believes Luck may help overcome Fate)

Periapt and Luckstone approved. Can't let you off the encumbrance hook that easy 😛 Who knows maybe there's a Bag of Holding floating around Baromenes?

3 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Periapt and Luckstone approved. Can't let you off the encumbrance hook that easy 😛 Who knows maybe there's a Bag of Holding floating around Baromenes?

Thank you...they'll both make interesting hooks for my backstory as well as very useful items...now, which one to go with ???

@TheWordWeaver I've just realised that the latest version of Reborn don't get darkvision, and it appears this doesn't get retained through the Ancestral Legacy feature...what do you think? Would you allow me to retain it?

I guess I could ask for Googles of Night as my Uncommon Item, but i like the theme I've got going...how much would they be to purchase?

26 minutes ago, MysteriousMiller said:

@TheWordWeaver I've just realised that the latest version of Reborn don't get darkvision, and it appears this doesn't get retained through the Ancestral Legacy feature...what do you think? Would you allow me to retain it?

I guess I could ask for Googles of Night as my Uncommon Item, but i like the theme I've got going...how much would they be to purchase?

Let's keep the no darkvision, I like the roleplaying potential. I would say it depends on the seller and how well you bargain. 

@TheWordWeaver Agreed...I'll read through Xanathar's and roll to see how I get on in my search to replace my "Cat's eyes"

Persuasion Check 23...The rules for searching for a specific item say that means I find it...however, I don't know if you want me to use that or go completely random from the tables, so I'll roll for the random stuff and let you decide.

Random Rolls

23 allows me to access table E "or roll for items from any table associated with a lower roll"

I can access table B (with goggles on it)...3 rolls

Here goes nothing!!!

91 - Lantern of Revealing (uncommon)

52 - Potion of Water Breathing (uncommon consumable)

12 - Potion of Greater Healing (uncommon consumable)

Prices

100sp for lantern/goggles (whichever you decide)

250sp for potion of greater healing

Name
Persuasion Check to determine quality of seller
1d20+6 17
Nuber of rolls on Table B
1d4 3
Roll 1
1d100 91
Roll 2
1d100 52
Roll 3
1d100 12
Price for Uncommon item (Googles/Lantern)
1d6*100 1
Price for Uncommon Consumable (Gr. Heal potion)
1d6*100/2 5