Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Peacemonger's Appliction

Peacemonger

Lo

Prophet of Sin, Born of Hellfire

spacer.png

"If the gods create a monster to punish instead chooses to forgive...

If rather than despoil it heals...

Offers not ruin, but compassion...

...will the gods reward or punish their wayward servant?"

SORCERER 3

Medium humanoid male (Tiefling), true neutral

Armor Class 11

Hit Points 23
Speed 30'

Senses 

Languages Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 12 (+2)
Save +2* 
Athletics +2**

Dexterity 13 (+2) 
Save +2* 
Acrobatics +2** | Sleight of Hand +2** | Stealth +2**

Constitution 16 (+4)
Save +6* 
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+2)
Save +2* 
Arcana +2** | History +2** | Investigation +2** | Nature +2** | Religion +2**

Wisdom 13 (+2)
Save +2* 
Animal Handling +2** | Insight +4** | Medicine +2** | Perception +4** | Survival +2**

Charisma 18 (+5) 
Save +7* 
Deception +7** | Intimidation +5** | Performance +5** | Persuasion +7** 

* (E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency / (+1 to all saves and abilities checks due to Luckstone)

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools None
  • Instruments Lyres
  • Weapons Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
  • Armors None

SORCERER CLASS ABILITIES
SpellcastingAn event in your past, or in the life of a parent or ancestor, left an indelible mark on you, infusing you with arcane magic. This font of magic, whatever its origin, fuels your spells.

Cantrips
At 1st level, you know four cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. You learn additional sorcerer cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Sorcerer table.

Spell Slots
The Sorcerer table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your sorcerer spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these sorcerer spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

For example, if you know the 1st-level spell burning hands and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast burning hands using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the sorcerer spell list.

The Spells Known column of the Sorcerer table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 3rd level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the sorcerer spells you know and replace it with another spell from the sorcerer spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

Spellcasting Ability
Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since the power of your magic relies on your ability to project your will into the world. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier

Spellcasting Focus
You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus for your sorcerer spells.
 | Sorcerous OriginPyromancy | Heart of FireAt 1st level, whenever you start casting a spell of 1st level or higher that deals fire damage, fiery magic erupts from you. This eruption causes creatures of your choice that you can see within 10 feet of you to take fire damage equal to half your sorcerer level (minimum of 1). | Font of MagicAt 2nd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects.

Sorcery Points. You have 2 sorcery points, and you gain more as you reach higher levels, as shown in the Sorcery Points column of the Sorcerer table. You can never have more sorcery points than shown on the table for your level. You regain all spent sorcery points when you finish a long rest.
Flexible Casting. You can use your sorcery points to gain additional spell slots, or sacrifice spell slots to gain additional sorcery points. You learn other ways to use your sorcery points as you reach higher levels.
Creating Spell Slots. You can transform unexpended sorcery points into one spell slot as a bonus action on your turn. The Creating Spell Slots table shows the cost of creating a spell slot of a given level. You can create spell slots no higher in level than 5th. Any spell slot you create with this feature vanishes when you finish a long rest.
Converting a Spell Slot to Sorcery Points. As a bonus action on your turn, you can expend one spell slot and gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level.
Creating Spell Slots
Spell Slot Level Sorcery Point Cost
1st 2
2nd 3
3rd 5
4th 6
5th 7
 | MetamagicAt 3rd level, you gain the ability to twist your spells to suit your needs. You gain two of the following Metamagic options of your choice. You gain another one at 10th and 17th level.

You can use only one Metamagic option on a spell when you cast it, unless otherwise noted.

Subtle Spell. When you cast a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to cast it without any somatic or verbal components.

Transmuted Spell. When you cast a spell that deals a type of damage from the following list, you can spend 1 sorcery point to change that damage type to one of the other listed types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, thunder.
 |  

RACIAL TRAITS
ASI+2 Con, +1 Int (Using Tasha's Optional Rules for ASI) | DarkvisionThanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. | Hellish ResistanceYou have resistance to fire damage.Infernal LegacyYou know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Hellish Rebuke spell once as a 2nd-level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast the Darkness spell once. You must finish a long rest to cast these spells again with this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells. | NyxbornCloak of Stars. As an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appearing like a silhouette formed of the night sky. When you do, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action required), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Nyxborn Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage.
 | 

FEATS

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Light Crossbow +3 to hit for (1d8+1) piercing | Ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed
  • Dagger +3 to hit for (1d4+1) piercing | Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 4/4 (1st), 2/2 (2nd)

• Sorcerer - Spell Save DC: 14 | Spell Attack Mod: +6 | Spells Known: 4 

CANTRIPS 

Control Flames | Fire Bolt | Mage Hand | Message | Thaumaturgy*

FIRST LEVEL 

Burning Hands | Disguise Self | Silvery Barbs (R)

SECOND LEVEL (Wizard)

Scorching Ray | Hellish Rebuke (R) *

THIRD LEVEL 

* Denotes an Infernal Legacy spell. / (C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (82.6 lbs.)

• Weight: 82.6 / 180 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (3.6 lbs.)

Bronze: 0 | Copper: 0 | Silver: 130 | 

( Coins 130 x .02 lbs. = 2.6 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (14.5 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (4 lbs.) Traveler's Clothes - 4 lbs.
  • Weapons (7 lbs.) Light Crossbow - 5 lbs. | 2 Daggers - 2 lbs. 
  • Readied Items (3.5 lbs.) Necklace worth 10 silver - 0 lbs | 20 Crossbow Bolts - 1.5 lbs | Arcane Focus (Rod) - 2 lbs |

EQUIPMENT STORED (64.5 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (40.5 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Poorly wrought maps of homeland - 2 lbs | Mess Kit - 1 lb | Tinderbox - 1 lb | 10 Torches - 10 lbs | 10 days rations - 20 lbs. | Hourglass - 1 lb | Potion of heling - .5 lbs
  • Strapped to Backpack (24 lbs.) Lyre - 2 lbs | Bedroll - 7 lbs | Waterskin - 5 lbs | 50' hempen rope - 10 lbs

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home 

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

Bottle of Boundless CoffeeWondrous Item, Common

This metal bottle carries delicious, warm coffee. The bottle comes with a stopper, which is attached to the bottle by a little chain. Even when open, the bottle won't accept any liquid other than the coffee it produces. The coffee inside is always comfortably warm, and none of the heat can be felt through the bottle.

Each time you drink the coffee, roll a d20. On a 1, the bottle refuses to dispense coffee for the next hour. If you pour coffee from the bottle, rather than drinking from it, the coffee vanishes the moment it leaves the bottle.

ATTUNED (1/3)

LuckstoneWondrous Item, uncommon (requires attunement)

While this polished agate is on your person, you gain a +1 bonus to ability checks and saving throws.

APPEARANCE

Age 30 | Height 6'0" (when standing up straight) | Weight 150 lbs. | Hair None| Eyes Burning White | Complexion Ash & Crimson

Lo looks the part of a true devil. Skin of ash and crimson, burning white eyes, flame-touched horns, tattered wings that don't fly yet still give off a foreboding presence... at first glance he is a terror. Yet there is a curiosity to the way he crooks his head to the side, hunches over as if waiting, not to mention the mischievous smile that looks more akin to someone wishing to paly a prank than cause any real harm. Then comes his voice, speaking words in a slow, thoughtful matter as if giving weight to each syllable. Scars revealing fire are sign of his power, and his hearty chuckle an indication that he can laugh at the world, first and foremost towards himself.

Despite his fiendish appearance, there is a mortal heart within. Contemplative to a fault, Lo seeks to better understand his nature and that of the world. True, he may have literal hellfire burning in his veins, but what does it mean for the mind? the heart? the spirit? He feels no compulsion to do evil, he can use his destructive gift as he sees fit or even not at all. What then of true devils? angels? Other mortals and beasts? Such questions have led him to travel, and it shows in his ragtag appearance with trinkets and items from different places. 

When in disguise he prefers to take on the appearance of an old, human man. He's found such a look makes him appear more harmless, and his questions and queries can be accounted to the wisdom of old age. When not in disguise he is mindful that his appearance already is threatening enough, little need to spark any further fear. When he is with good company, those who know him and accept him, he is far more likely to grin showing his sharp teeth and speak passionately gesturing with his clawed hands. Able to poke fun and be poked fun of in return, he makes a fun guest to those who would have him a guest in the first place.

BACKGROUND

Far Traveler
Source SCAG

• Personality Traits: Curious, contemplative, questioning
  • Ideals: Philosophize on one's own nature and the nature of the world, to choose of one's own fate
  • Bonds: The fire within, those who accept him, interesting experiences
  • Flaws: Has the appearance of a monster, is perhaps too accepting of his fiendish nature

All Eyes on YouYour accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland.

You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

BACKSTORY

Lo isn't entirely sure where and how he was born. He does remember being a child in the woods, surviving as a scavenger. He also remembers living in a small village at some point where he was fed and in return he chased away pests like rats and crows from the farmlands like a prized hound. Lo was more than a mere beast though, and he began to question what exactly he was, began to pick up language from those around him. When he tried to ask, he received contradicting answers. He was a devil child, a cursed boy, a gifted young man, a thing of fire, a slave, a servant, an oddity, or simply just another person. 

As he grew older he continued to wander, across land and water, through wilds and roads. He learned all too well and all too soon that some would attack him on sight, best to run when possible, otherwise a show of flame and claw could scare off others. For the other times... he bears the scars and memories... all the more reason to discover what he is and why he is. 

He earned the nickname the "Prophet of Sin" from his ponderings. Was he evil? How could someone tell just by a look? Would it be better to offer a starving man some bread or to cut off his horns? If indeed feeding the man was the more moral choice, than was it not actions over appearances that mattered? 

His other name, one he gave to himself was one "Born of Hellfire". Though he knows not from where he came from, one thing is for certain. He wields an infernal power. His magic stems from no natural flame. He's never decided how he feels about this, and for now has simply accepted that is the reality he lives in and to move forward from there. 

With the recent dreams and ill omens, Lo is not one to shy away from prophetic vision but instead embrace it. Amidst the fear there is peace, the uncertainty a contentment. He knows not where the path leads, but that there is for the first time in his life a true path in front of him he is grateful. 

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Ability Scores
repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below),lowest),6) 4,4,3,6,4,3,3,6,6,1,1,1,6,3,5,5,1,3,4,3,6,4,2,1,3,5,2,4,3

Lo - Tiefling Pyromancy Sorcererspacer.png

AC: 11 | HP: 23/23 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Arcane Focus (Rod)
Off Hand: Empty

Action: -
Bonus Action: -
Move: -
Manipulate: -

Spells: 1st - 4/4 | 2nd - 2/2

Sorcery Points: 3/3 

Hellish Rebuke: 1/1

Cloak of Stars: 1/1

To whether he calls any place home, I see Lo as having been wandering for a very long time and not seeing any one place as where he's from. One of the mysteries he's curious about is where he even was born. Looking at the world map I'd initially say he came from the eastern continent, but can be flexible depending on the setting and story needs.

As for the gods, Lo has a respect for and interest in the gods as part of his own philosophical musings. At least at the start I don't see him devoted to any one particular deity, but instead having a reverence for most. I *almost* took the Religion skill, but couldn't quite fit it in compared to others. Maybe, depending on if Lo's selected and who else is chosen could switch the skills around and include it if no one else takes it. 

EDIT: Given the emphasis on the gods in the game, want to put a few initial thoughts on some of the deities...

Lo and the Deities
DEITY A THOUGHT A QUESTION
Varaxis "Honor is one of the few things that staves off our worst instincts... allows us to be... better." "Is wielding hellfire... dishonorable?"
Atlena "Love is neither good nor evil, it it is purpose honed and focused." "Is hate or apathy the greater sin?"
Pnigménos "Nature is fickle and merciless. Pnigménos reminds us of this fundamental truth." "Was my survival luck, fate, or a mercy?"
Volena "Without magical crafts, we mages would be tyrants." "What wonders may I find to better walk my path?"
Nezeris "It is fitting he oversees both magic and trickery. All magic tricks the mundane." "Am I a courier if I walk with but my own message?"
Thiuna "What I find so fascinating about the wilds is it does not care it is beautiful, like a painting it simply is." "Did we err when we chose comfort over the unknown?"
Siarus "I have been told that death makes life precious... what then to the life of immortals?" "Do you care if a soul finds you willingly or not?"
Dusulla "Yes! Let us dance, and scream, and cry, and laugh!" "Is restraint a lie? If so, is such a lie a cruelty?"
Xoros "Magic is what allows us to rise above greater creatures... in this all our our glories are in part the gods doing." "If a book is unread, is it anything other than a block of parchment?"
Etari "Justice... I've yet to understand its nuances... its depth." "I wonder... what of all the greys in the world?"
Ira "He tragic tale almost makes the gods seem like us mortals. Almost." "Would she be pleased with what her progeny created?"
Selaryndirith "To create in one's own image is natural, and yet makes us but echoes of the past." "Do the different Elves all reflect their Father of Groves, or have they diverged?"
Faran-Vallith "It is inspiring to see the strong help the weak. It is... cathartic." "The sun is blinding... what does it say about the gods' help?"
Noara "It is refreshing to know there is a god out there who understands the fiend within." "Where can I find the same creativity that spawned such monstrosities?"
Uera "That the pantheon's queen is from the underworld gives me peace that what is below can be exalted." "What does my soul deserve?"
Nystus "I have found some clarity in being reviled." "What does death mean for a god?"
Oros "To create something from nothingness is a true miracle. What would I create if I had such power?" "Why is it we are so apt at our opposite, such as the forge god being so gifted at destroying?"
Qalo "The glory of violence is an aspect that both too few and too many appreciate." "Are our efforts to end conflict in opposition or in concert to it?"
Aedros "Being cold is a rare luxury for me. It's memorable." "I wonder how he gets on with Pnigménos if at all?"
Izona "The gods deserve our thanks, for me she holds a special place." "Roads are truly divine, are they not?"
Ulgius "Sometimes our good fortune is dependent on another's loss." "I wonder what Ulgius would have done if he had won his war?"
The Vaitin "Rules broken are just empty words. Rules followed are as real as the earth beneath my feet." "How could I ever live up to such beings? Is it hubris to even wonder?"
The Khin & Yven "Duality manifest, I find their existence puts to question my own." "Do we all fall prey to our cause, our purpose?"

Magic Item Proposals:

Common: Bottle of Boundless CoffeeWondrous Item, Common

This metal bottle carries delicious, warm coffee. The bottle comes with a stopper, which is attached to the bottle by a little chain. Even when open, the bottle won't accept any liquid other than the coffee it produces. The coffee inside is always comfortably warm, and none of the heat can be felt through the bottle.

Each time you drink the coffee, roll a d20. On a 1, the bottle refuses to dispense coffee for the next hour. If you pour coffee from the bottle, rather than drinking from it, the coffee vanishes the moment it leaves the bottle.
 (source: Strixhaven)

Uncommon: LuckstoneWondrous Item, uncommon (requires attunement)

While this polished agate is on your person, you gain a +1 bonus to ability checks and saving throws.
 (source: Basic Rules)

The Bottle of Boundless Coffee is honestly just meant for a small roleplaying quirk, the Luckstone to give a bit more versatility to a character class and archetype that focuses usually on raw damage output. 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:38 PM, Peacemonger said:

To whether he calls any place home, I see Lo as having been wandering for a very long time and not seeing any one place as where he's from. One of the mysteries he's curious about is where he even was born. Looking at the world map I'd initially say he came from the eastern continent, but can be flexible depending on the setting and story needs.

As for the gods, Lo has a respect for and interest in the gods as part of his own philosophical musings. At least at the start I don't see him devoted to any one particular deity, but instead having a reverence for most. I *almost* took the Religion skill, but couldn't quite fit it in compared to others. Maybe, depending on if Lo's selected and who else is chosen could switch the skills around and include it if no one else takes it. 

EDIT: Given the emphasis on the gods in the game, want to put a few initial thoughts on some of the deities...

Lo and the Deities
DEITY A THOUGHT A QUESTION
Varaxis "Honor is one of the few things that staves off our worst instincts... allows us to be... better." "Is wielding hellfire... dishonorable?"
Atlena "Love is neither good nor evil, it it is purpose honed and focused." "Is hate or apathy the greater sin?"
Pnigménos "Nature is fickle and merciless. Pnigménos reminds us of this fundamental truth." "Was my survival luck, fate, or a mercy?"
Volena "Without magical crafts, we mages would be tyrants." "What wonders may I find to better walk my path?"
Nezeris "It is fitting he oversees both magic and trickery. All magic tricks the mundane." "Am I a courier if I walk with but my own message?"
Thiuna "What I find so fascinating about the wilds is it does not care it is beautiful, like a painting it simply is." "Did we err when we chose comfort over the unknown?"
Siarus "I have been told that death makes life precious... what then to the life of immortals?" "Do you care if a soul finds you willingly or not?"
Dusulla "Yes! Let us dance, and scream, and cry, and laugh!" "Is restraint a lie? If so, is such a lie a cruelty?"
Xoros "Magic is what allows us to rise above greater creatures... in this all our our glories are in part the gods doing." "If a book is unread, is it anything other than a block of parchment?"
Etari "Justice... I've yet to understand its nuances... its depth." "I wonder... what of all the greys in the world?"
Ira "He tragic tale almost makes the gods seem like us mortals. Almost." "Would she be pleased with what her progeny created?"
Selaryndirith "To create in one's own image is natural, and yet makes us but echoes of the past." "Do the different Elves all reflect their Father of Groves, or have they diverged?"
Faran-Vallith "It is inspiring to see the strong help the weak. It is... cathartic." "The sun is blinding... what does it say about the gods' help?"
Noara "It is refreshing to know there is a god out there who understands the fiend within." "Where can I find the same creativity that spawned such monstrosities?"
Uera "That the pantheon's queen is from the underworld gives me peace that what is below can be exalted." "What does my soul deserve?"
Nystus "I have found some clarity in being reviled." "What does death mean for a god?"
Oros "To create something from nothingness is a true miracle. What would I create if I had such power?" "Why is it we are so apt at our opposite, such as the forge god being so gifted at destroying?"
Qalo "The glory of violence is an aspect that both too few and too many appreciate." "Are our efforts to end conflict in opposition or in concert to it?"
Aedros "Being cold is a rare luxury for me. It's memorable." "I wonder how he gets on with Pnigménos if at all?"
Izona "The gods deserve our thanks, for me she holds a special place." "Roads are truly divine, are they not?"
Ulgius "Sometimes our good fortune is dependent on another's loss." "I wonder what Ulgius would have done if he had won his war?"
The Vaitin "Rules broken are just empty words. Rules followed are as real as the earth beneath my feet." "How could I ever live up to such beings? Is it hubris to even wonder?"
The Khin & Yven "Duality manifest, I find their existence puts to question my own." "Do we all fall prey to our cause, our purpose?"

Is Lo a philosopher? Wow that's amazing.

11 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Magic Item Proposals:

Common: Bottle of Boundless CoffeeWondrous Item, Common

(source: Strixhaven)

Uncommon: LuckstoneWondrous Item, uncommon (requires attunement)

(source: Basic Rules)

The Bottle of Boundless Coffee is honestly just meant for a small roleplaying quirk, the Luckstone to give a bit more versatility to a character class and archetype that focuses usually on raw damage output. 

Approved! Although I never was truly a fan of the Strixhaven setting it does have really cool magic items.

46 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Is Lo a philosopher? Wow that's amazing.

Approved! Although I never was truly a fan of the Strixhaven setting it does have really cool magic items.

Yes, Lo is 100% a philosopher. My starting question when developing the character concept was "how can I make a devil interesting and different"? The answer I came up with was to make him a philosopher wondering about his fiendish nature (and of course about whatever happens in game).

And agreed, Strixhaven's mostly interesting to me for the options. Not all Magic the Gathering settings translate as well to D&D.