Level of immunities

wrathgon

So will be using these if immune to energy in game

These are the rules I am using for extreme environments.

Immunity divides ambient damage by 10^OoM before applying resistance. Multiple immunities are cumulative. OoM refers to Order of Magic. A creature with an immunity but no listed resistance has resistance 10.

Fire deals 7 points of ambient damage per 100 degrees Celsius. A typical oven, therefore, is dealing about 12 fire damage/round.

A creature whose immunity is overwhelmed by ambient damage who is subject to nonambient damage treats half the damage as ambient.

So what does this look like in game?

Dirk is normally immune to fire from a spell and an item, I believe, and has fire resistance 30 from something else. Both the spell and item are 1st-order (normal mortal), so that means Dirk is dividing damage by 20 before applying his resist 30. In other words, he ignores the first 600 points of fire damage (600/20 = 30, 30-30 = 0).

How hot is 600 damage? Well, immersion in lava only deals an average of 70, so pretty damn hot.

Let’s say Dirk somehow finds himself in a place where he’s taking more than 600 points of fire damage per round. Because his immunity is overwhelmed, he’s at risk of damage from normal fire attacks… though since he’s dividing the damage by 40 (/20 and /2), that probably doesn’t matter unless it’s a starship’s heavy plasma cannon (which even then only deals 1d2 damage).

Current Protections as far as I know:

Ambriel* 0.5k (/50, resist 10)

Dirk 0.6k (/20, resist 30)

Kalannar* 1k (/100, resist 10)

Sarah* 2.75k (/110, resist 25)

Wildblade 16.5k (/1.1k, resist 15)

Kossuth 1.01m (/101k, resist 10)

*=in fire elemental form

Given that energy immunity (fire) is only 0.1k, these are all pretty damn good!