The hell is with the Image size?

XXIT

So i have a question. When i embed an image into a post, and choose to edit it, the maximal size is 256x256 pixel for 1:1 aspect ratio,. The question is: "Why? Why so low?" The autoformatting resizes the image when you move stuff around for a bigger size, so its not a problem of code.

Is there any way to make the picture bigger? Am i missing something?

26 minutes ago, XXIT said:

So i have a question. When i embed an image into a post, and choose to edit it, the maximal size is 256x256 pixel for 1:1 aspect ratio,. The question is: "Why? Why so low?" The autoformatting resizes the image when you move stuff around for a bigger size, so its not a problem of code.

I believe the maximum size is determined by the image sizae and not by the system.  It won't make it bigger than the size of the original image.  Old MW did allow you to size to any size even if larger.

This may be an admin setting.  I am sure Colin or Eric will be along shortly.

Also of note, if the image is floated, then 150 px is about all it can handle if you want the image also to be floated on mobile.  Otherwise on mobile it is going to get its own line anyway.

1 hour ago, XXIT said:

Images are capped at their max size by Invision. If you need a larger image, you'll need to find a larger version of it.