The Tavern

yxanthymir

Hello. I've dabbled in Shadow of the Demonlord before, my character did not survive the funnel. Consider me interested in dungeon crawling, hack and slashing...and I guess we can rescue the townsfolk if I like them enough.

In all seriousness, it's late hours where I am now, so I will read the information indepth after work tomorrow. Your 2~3 posts a week is well within my posting rate. I'm interested in playing a warrior. Plain human warrior(I am a sucker for tropes and classics)

5 hours ago, Rothene said:

Anyone can share a short blurb of what is happening and general plot direction?

Very little actually happened. The group wants to get to Esker to whatever reason you can think it is valid. And they were at the path to get there where they faced an undead group lead by a wight.

I will actually jump directly to Esker when we restart the game.

Would you take another?

I had thought about a rogue since you seemed to be missing one, but I don't want to step on Fletcher's toes.

Anyway, I've become rather drawn to the idea of a dwarf priest who follows a more martial (probably going paladin) path.

Think I've got the mechanics done if you want to look it over and make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

Working on the background.

For my connection to Esker I was thinking that Bardin might be an old beau. Perhaps they left their dwarf home because Gunhilda's family was much higher status and didn't approve of their match. They came to Esker and worked there for a time (so she'd know Tobias too) but she left when she heard the call of the Ancestors and devoted herself to their service. This youthful indiscretion and rebellion is a part of why she is so committed to honor and doing right now.

Would that work?

Edited by The Eyeball Kid (see edit history)

10 hours ago, The Eyeball Kid said:

Think I've got the mechanics done if you want to look it over and make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

Working on the background.

For my connection to Esker I was thinking that Bardin might be an old beau. Perhaps they left their dwarf home because Gunhilda's family was much higher status and didn't approve of their match. They came to Esker and worked there for a time (so she'd know Tobias too) but she left when she heard the call of the Ancestors and devoted herself to their service. This youthful indiscretion and rebellion is a part of why she is so committed to honor and doing right now.

Would that work?

Definitively. The NPCs are only bare-bone characters, only designed for a PC to create a connection to Esker to serve as a motivator to try to help them. Anything can be used to create a connection.