I admit, I have an ol' 4E character I'd like to adapt for this (though I also admit Champions Math was never my favorite thing, so if I'm accepted, I could use help in transferring him to 6E). And I admit I am still getting used to Baldr...

I admit a LOT. 😁

Thomas Blackchurch is a young, up-and-coming guitarist who came to Freedom City from San Diego six years ago, looking to make it big in the music industry. Talented and handsome, he soon caught the eye of one Jordan Dare and signed on with his label Anathema.  So eager he was to "hit it big", Thomas failed to read the fine print...

...or maybe it was hidden all along...

Thomas didn't know Jordan Dare was involved in the darker aspects of the occult.  Didn't know that Dare was looking to corrupt him.  To drive him to the point of despair (something that unfortunately wasn't hard to do due to Blackchurch's own battles with depression) in order to make him be the perfect sacrifice to Dare's dark masters.  Six years worth of false promises, gaslighting and emotional torture.  Six years of long hours and low pay, hard work stolen and leeched off by greedy soulless others.  Six years to reach the point of no return after he was ignominiously fired by Dare.

...it should have worked...

...in a certain Hell, there are those who tempt mortals for their own whims, eager for a way out.  Some who continue to scheme and rage against the celestial host they once rebelled against or jockey for power and revenge against others in the infernal realms they all lay trapped in. 

And there are those who see this Hell as the prison it is and lay in near-silent penance.  Waiting in vain perhaps for a chance to be redeemed and forgiven by those above.  Gadriel was one who rebelled -- and Fell for his arrogance.  Unlike the others imprisoned, he took to his punishment willingly.  Had he not sinned and failed for his pride?  The millennia passed...

...until one day, the locks to his cell were opened -- and Gadriel found himself pushed Outwards...

...and bound to the body of a young man who tried to throw himself into oblivion to end his own anguish that had been secretly augmented for years.  Thomas thought he was going insane when Gadriel reached out to him, but slowly he began to realize the greater machinations working around them both.  It was time to do something about it -- and maybe bring the light back to Freedom City.

Redemption stories are always good: wondering if the character will rise above their sins, or fall forever. So Gadriel wants out of Hell permanently but, what does Thomas want? Seems music would be his only driving passion, not being a superhero (or, the superhero Gadriel wants him to be). I'm also wondering why Thomas would be "saved" by demonic forces? The classic approach to this is the Faustian Tale where a man sells his soul to the Devil for something precious, then does everything he can to get out of the deal before it's too late. It's been said more than a few musicians have done exactly that. 

What's driving Thomas to be a do-gooder? Why would he abandon 'making it big' to risk his life helping others? I get what Gadriel wants, but Thomas doesn't seem like much of a hero.

Behind the scenes, I saw Jordan Dare as an update to Faust.  As in, he's the one who made the deal with infernal entities in return for Great Power et al, not Thomas.  All he had to do was spill blood.  But murder is so gauche and could cause unwanted questions even in a place as corrupt as Freedom City.  Why not drive someone vulnerable to kill themselves as a sacrifice?  But things don't go according to plan.

In regards to prospective Complications, I see Gadriel having as a "parole officer" in Azrael (the Archangel of Death -- in some folklores, he's also the Gatekeeper to Hell.  Not evil, but more of a warden).  Azrael sure as heck didn't let him out -- there's only two entities with the power to supersede his will -- and neither of Them are talking.  If Gadriel is truly worthy of redemption, this could upend cosmology -- and Azrael thinks this is worth keeping an eye on.  Meanwhile, Archangel Michael and the angels that follow him?  They don't believe the Fallen should be allowed to redeem themselves and are looking for any excuse to take out Gadriel permanently (though discreetly, Azrael's still keeping a close eye).  The fact he's bound now to a tainted suicidal sin-filled soul (in their eyes) just makes this worse -- two beings (mortal and angelic) are avoiding their "Just Punishment".

As for Thomas...let's face it, depression is a Beast and a Demon in its own right even without outside/diabolical influence.  On that precipice between life and death, I saw Thomas scared of that final oblivion, but also terrified that there's still something in him that would welcome it anyways.  If he can save others maybe he could heal himself too....

I like it! There's a lot going on with the character and that's perfect. One request though: can Jordan Dare be 'something more' than he seems. If you have specific background for him that's fine, but I might have a deeper role for him, if that works?

1 hour ago, RedRajah said:

In my original notes, he was a "demonically possessed boss", though the game fizzled out (back in the aughts!) before that part ever saw play 🙂

I was considering something along that line, without giving it all away 😉

I'm familiar with the topic as I've studied more ancient religion/mythos than I probably should've. The supernatural is a world all unto itself and it'll be fun to see where this goes 🙃 

Definitely workshopping the "hero" name...I can already hear Thomas snarking to Gadriel about "Grigori" being not a badass enough name for heroing

THIS IS NOT A FINAL SHEET -- THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL SHEET I HAD FROM 4E. (And I forget what the original limits were back in the day)

(as Thomas)  (as Gadriel)

Str   13                  13

Dex  14                 23

Con  18                 18

Body 12                18

Int   16                 16

Ego  8                   18

Com 14                 18   (I know Comeliness is no longer a Thing as well in 6E)

SPD  4                   4

PD 8

ED 8

Rec 10

Stun 42

End 40

OCV 5 (6)

DCV 5

ECV 3 (4)

POWERS

16 EC: Angelic (-1/2 OHID)

11  15" Flight NCM x8 (-1/2 Gestures [wing flaps], -1/4 halved in gale force winds)

22 Characteristics 70 (-1/2 DNA Chars)

19 3d6 Ego Drain, Linked to Entangle, ranged, uncontrolled

14 Armor (15/15) OIF   (Armor is not a Thing anymore in 6E, so I'll need to change this to a force field or something)

54  MultiPower: Divine (-1/2 OHID)

4u 5d6 Energy Blast (Bolts of Wrath), affects Desolid, NND (will not work against "innocents"/code vs killing humans)

4u 3d6 Entangle, NND vs Ego Checks/Mental Defense

1u Extradimensional Travel: Astral Plane (gestures, incantations, concentration on getting in & out)   (This is something I'm fine with dropping)

1u 3d6 Ego Blast, No Range (-1/2), Incantation (think Penance Stare)

2u 2d6 HTH KA, Armor Piercing, Activation 14-

2u 4d6 Flash, Incantation

7 1Body/1 Minute Regen

4 "Spirit Sight" (Detect Demons)

3 Instant Change (incantation)

3 Extra Limbs (wings)

4 +1 to Multipower

SKILLS & TALENTS

Free: Area Knowlege

3 PS: Musician

3 Electronics 11-

3 Computer Programming 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Perfect Pitch

1 Fam. Forgery (Musical Composition) 8-

1 Fam. Cryptography 8-

3 Federal Police Powers (this is NOT staying)

2 Combat Piloting (self only, 1/2 OHID)

COMPLICATIONS

(this part should be easier to fix since you're having 70pts worth)

15 Social Complication: Secret ID (Thomas Blackchurch/Gadriel)

10 Psych Complication: Depression

15 Watched: Azrael, Angel of Death (More Powerful, NCI, Only Watching 11-)

10 Hunted: Michaelites (As Powerful, Infrequently)

20 Hunted: Jordan Dare, demonically possessed ex-boss (As Powerful, Frequently, NCI)

Not sure how much 'input' you are looking for (if any) since you mentioned it was a 4e version (that's what I learned on... a buddy of mine who 'taught' me the system jumped in way back in the original edition) and I don't know how much  you know about 6e and if you 'need' help with converting stuff or not.  OR if you were just posting it to have it here to start working on your own conversion because you already know what you are doing and should put up a "no bears allowed" sign.

Thomas would have no powers on his own -- he's purely mundane.  Though, if allowed, when Gadriel is active, I could hear him as a "voice" talking to Gadriel's thoughts (I'm remembering Prof. Stein in Firestorm -- and Gadriel talks to Thomas when Thomas is active).

Which is why I'm wondering if Multiform should be the way to go in building this.

I put in what you had on from your 4e toon and this is what Hero Designer spit out (in HTML)

I didn't include the Complications here.  You've got a lot of points to work with (almost 150, which is good because you'll need to boost OCV, DCV and MCV since there are no more figured characteristics in 6e), though a couple things came up (usually limitations) as Unavailable or a ! power/lim.  The 6e rules for the AVLD/NND are... somewhat confusing to me.  4e was a lot more simple in dealing with that (though its still mostly the same... but I've rarely used AVLDs)

Character Name: Thomas Blackchurch
Alternate Identities: Gadriel
Player Name: RedRajah
herologo.jpg
CHARACTERISTICS
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
13 STR 10 3 13 12- HTH Damage 2 1/2d6 END [1]
14 DEX 10 8 23 14-  
18 CON 10 8 18 13-  
12 BODY 10 2 12    
16 INT 10 6 16 12- PER Roll 12-
8 EGO 10 -2 18 13-  
10 PRE 10 0 10 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

8 PD 2 6 8/23   8/23 PD (0/15 rPD)
8 ED 2 6 8/23   8/23 ED (0/15 rED)
4 SPD 2.0 20 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
10 REC 4 6 10    
40 END 20 4 40    
42 STUN 20 11 42    
12" Running 12 0 12m    
4" Swimming 4 0 4m    
4" Leaping 4 0 4m 103 Total Characteristics Points
CHARACTER IMAGE

EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 400
Disad Points: 0
Total Points: 267
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (12) 12m [24m NC]
Swim (4) 4m [8m NC]
H. Leap (4m) 4m
V. Leap (2m) 2m
Flight 15m [120m NC]
DEFENSES
Type Amount
Physical Defense 8/23
Res. Phys. Defense 0/15
Energy Defense 8/23
Res. Energy Defense 0/15
Mental Defense 0
Power Defense 0

COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 6 DCV: 5

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10
Targeting shot OCV Hit Location
Head shot (Head to Shoulders) -4 1d6+3
High shot (Head to Vitals) -2 2d6+1
Body shot (Hands to Legs) -1 2d6+4
Low shot (Shoulders to Feet) -2 2d6+7
Leg shot (Vitals to Feet) -4 1d6+12

herologo.jpg
SKILLS
Cost  Name
2 PS: Musician: PS 11-
3 Electronics 12-
3 Computer Programming 12-
3 Breakfall 14-
1 Forgery 8-
1 Cryptography 8-
3 Combat Driving 14-
16 Total Skills Cost
TALENTS
Cost  Name
3 Perfect Pitch
3 Total Talents Cost

POWERS
Cost  Power END
12 Angelic Wings: Flight 15m, x8 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout ((Wings Flap Throughout); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness ((Half speed in gale force winds); -1/4) 2
26 Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF ((Physical Amor); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4) 0
14 Angelic Body: Regeneration (1 BODY per Minute) 0
5 Spirit Sight: Detect Demons A Class Of Things 12- (Unusual Group) 0
5 Wings: Extra Limb (1) 0
14 Angelic Dexterity: +9 DEX (18 Active Points); Only In Alternate Identity (-1/4)  
8 Angelic Ego: +10 EGO (10 Active Points); Only In Alternate Identity (-1/4)  
40 Divine Power: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)  
4f
1) Bolts of Wrath: Blast 5d6, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (target is insulated; All Or Nothing; (Does not work against the Innocent); +1/2) (50 Active Points); Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
4f
2) Entangle 3d6, 3 PD/3 ED, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense; All Or Nothing; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
1f
3) Astral Travel: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension) (20 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
1f
4) "Penance Stare": Blast 3d6, Alternate Combat Value (uses OCV against DMCV; +1/4) (19 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
2f
5) Angelic Blade: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
1f
6) Divine Radiance: Sight Group Flash 4d6 (20 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((As Gadriel); -1/4)
8 Will Reduction: Drain EGO 3d6, Ranged (+1/2*) (45 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), No Conscious Control ((this is a ! Modifier); -2), Linked (Angelic Wings; (Linked to Divine Entangle); -1/4) 4
145 Total Powers Cost

herologo.jpg
APPEARANCE
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 2.00 m
Weight: 100.00 kg
Description:

Character created with Hero Designer (version 20210804)

Gadriel - RedRaja ToonHTML.txt

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)