3 Shadowing 15-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Streetwise 12-
3 Tactics 15-
53 Total Skills Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
10 Inventor: Money: Wealthy
Notes: While Seamus is driven to use his technology to push his Vendetta Project forward, he needs capital for his technology and occasionally releases some technological innovation to help fund his crusade.
7 Police Officer: Contact: Sgt. Roy Jackson (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 11-
7 Faye Nelson, Senior Partner, Bannerly & Nelson: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own) 11-
1 Hero of Freedom City: Positive Reputation: +1 relavant social skills and +1d6 presence attacks (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6
25 Total Perks Cost

POWERS
Cost  Power END
21 Cloaking Field: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups and Radar , Costs Endurance Only To Activate ((Dedicated Power Source); +1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 3
40 Battle Armor: Resistant Protection (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2) 0
8 Energy Battery: +49 END (10 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
16 Battle Computer: +4 OCV (20 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battle Armor); -1/4)  
20 Battle Computer: +5 DCV (25 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
50 Meta-Blaster: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)  
5f
1) Vengeance Bolts: Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
Notes: Stun Only attack (Attack does no Body or Knockback)
10v
2) High Intensity Laser: Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
6v
3) Force Bolts: Blast 10d6, Double Knockback (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
[4]
10v
4) Meta-Bolt: Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
4f
5) High Tinsile Net: Entangle 7d6, 7 PD/7 ED (70 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4)
[12]
9 Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing) (14 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity (Vedetta Battlesuit; -1/4) 0
19 Force Field: Barrier, 12 BODY (up to 4m long, 2m tall, and 1/2m thick) 2
26 Radar: Radar (Radio Group), +3 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (33 Active Points); IIF (-1/4) 0
13 Flight 10m, x8 Noncombat (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
257 Total Powers Cost

Character Name: Seamus McDougal
Alternate Identities: Vendetta
Player Name: Papa Bear
herologo.jpg
DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN The Technology of the Aliens from where Seamus gained his vast Intelligence (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY The Technology of the Aliens from where Seamus gained his vast intelligence (Uncommon)
20 Social Complication: Renegade Vigilante Very Frequently, Major
15 Psychological Complication: Driven to take down the villains responsible for killing his friends and mother (Common; Strong)
10 Social Complication: Secret ID Infrequently, Major
10 Psychological Complication: Grand Plan (Common; Moderate)
Notes: While Seamus is driven to see the killers of his friends brought to justice and to take down "Big Al" and his organization, he has a larger agenda to vastly bring down crime rates in Freedom City, get 'better' politicos elected Mayor and to the City Counsil and export his formula for dealing with crime to the state and, eventually to the nation. The goal is to no longer need to use the Vendetta Battlesuit (or at least for him to not need to use it).
5 Dependent NPC: DeAndre Phelps Infrequently (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
Notes: DeAndre Phelps is the CFO of NuTech, Inc., Seamus McDougal's tech company through which he produces the capital he needs to push his agenda of the Vendetta Project. While Phelps is, basically, the only employee of NuTech (that holds a position beyond Administrative Assistant or Janitor), Seamus has a great deal of trust in him and needs him to see to the finances of the company to keep it a viable platform for his income. Phelps is paid very well to keep up the fascade of a regular company and Seamus feels very responsible for the potential danger that he might be putting Phelps in because of his "Vendetta Project". Over the past three years, Seamus and DeAndre have developed a strong friendship and, though Seamus doesn't understand it quite yet, it is his relationship with Phelps that helps keep him grounded in the 'real world, especially considering his vastly superior intellect'.
5 Negative Reputation: Recluse, Frequently (Known Only To A Small Group)
Notes: Seamus is known as something of a recluse. He has a successful company, known to be the lead designer of NuTech's R&D, and, of course, rising on the Forbes 500 list (at least his Net Worth. Most of his assets are dumped into the Vendetta Project). He often 'forgets' to make appearances at important social functions, which has caused his CFO, DeAndre Phelps several headaches over the past few years.
75 Total Disadvantages Cost
APPEARANCE
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 2.00 m
Weight: 100.00 kg
Description:

Character created with Hero Designer (version 20210804)

Seamus McDougal was about as average as you could get.  He didn’t even have the distinguishing ‘red hair’ typically associated to his Irish heritage.  He lived a rather uneventful life in his first 18 years; played multiple sports, cut from some teams, benchwarmer when he made the teams.  He kept trying because he enjoyed sports.  He squeaked by with a C- GPA to graduate High School and grew up in a lower-middle class suburb of Freedom City.

As a graduation present, Seamus’s mother had saved up and got him a plane ticket Ireland where she arranged for Seamus to stay will relatives for the summer.  It was the best time of his life.  For once, he ‘mattered’.  He was an American in a part of Ireland that saw few Americans, let alone anyone from anywhere else.  He met a girl, went on adventures, drank legally, and made friends.

Most Significantly, when he and the boys were out exploring, they found a cave that the lads said they had never seen before and were very mystified by it being there, under a massive dead oak tree.  Seamus figured they were fooling with him.  After all, how could they not know it was there?  So, Seamus, feeling confident, skeptical of their claims, marched into the cave.  Once inside the cave, the cave entrance somehow closed behind him.  He could hear his friends calling to him, muted by the rock now barring the way out.  He had no choice but to move on, hoping to find a way out somewhere inside.

A few steps in, fungus began to glow, lighting a path for him.  Under the roots of the dead oak, he found what seemed to be some kind of temple with Celtic designs.  On the altar was a glowing stone.  He had no idea what it was, but figured that if it glowed, it could provide light for him as he moved throughout the tunnels should there not be any more glowing fungus.  When Seamus picked up the stone, it turned out to be something much more than a glowing stone.  Suddenly his mind was invaded by powerful images of an alien society that he did not understand.  His brain hurt and he fell to his knees and passed out.

When Seamus awoke, he was starving… and smarter… much, much smarter.  He retraced his steps and found the cave he entered open again.  Staggering out into the cold night, he somehow knew by looking at the moon in the sky, and its size that three days had passed.  Heading back to his great uncle’s cottage, he soon came across local police who had mobilized to find him. 

When his friends realized that they could not get to Seamus and after scouring the countryside for another cave where they might be able to get to Seamus but not finding one, they rushed home to tell their tell, which was met with great suspicion.  When the cave could not be found where the lads said it should be, the locals and ‘Peelers’ (nickname for Irish cops, like Bobbies in England) were out on a manhunt, figuring they might find Seamus’s corpse somewhere, falling victim of foul play.

The Lads were all released from custody when Seamus’s story matched their own to a tee, though the cave under the tree was not there when they returned.  The Captain gave the boys stern warnings, but not sure what ‘game’ they might be playing at, no charges could be pressed against them.

It didn’t take long for the boys to realize something happened to Seamus.  His speech and knowledge of things had increased exponentially.  They began to suspect that instead of being just one of them, but now Seamus was probably the most intelligent person they knew.  Things began to grow awkward.  Then the letter came.

Muriel McDougal, Seamus’s mother, found out that she had contracted cancer.  It turned out that she had been exposed to hazardous materials at the factory where she worked.  8 cases came up all around the same time but the factory, controlled by mob bosses, were able to keep it all under wraps with targeted bribes and payouts to the families, which Muriel had accepted. 

On top of that, the two friends that Seamus had (in Freedom City) were killed in a drive-by shooting when a ‘gang war’ had broken out between two rival gangs and spilled over into all of the surrounding neighborhoods. 

With his mother dying, Seamus spent all his time trying to comfort and take care of her.  But that didn’t take long.  Muriel was the first of the 8 to pass, leaving Seamus alone and angry.  He remembered stories of Freedom city ‘fairy tales’ about Lantern Jack and Minuteman, as well as the rich and storied history Freedom City had with masked crime fighters, Seamus decided to do something about the gang violence and the mafia ties to seemingly legitimate businesses. 

Using what little money was left from the settlement and what little money he had from the inheritance, Seamus began building high tech gizmos with the newfound, and undiminished, intelligence he’d gained after touching the stone.  The first thing he’d developed with a ‘stealth field’ that turned him virtually invisible and allowed him to go where ever he needed to go and uncover whatever he needed to find.  Soon, anonymous files about gang activities and Mafiosos turned up in police precincts.  Some arrests were made, some cops were discovered to be corrupt as they buried crucial evidence.

As time went by, Seamus developed newer and better technology.  Soon The Vendetta was born with the aim to avenge the unjust deaths of his mother and friends while rooting out corruption within the same systems that were supposed to protect and defend the innocent people of Freedom City

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Perfection! A highly-motivated superhero for a city that desperately needs him. With some investigation, he should be able to uncover details of the factory and mob ties that resulted in his mother's death. Seamus would know that Alberto "Big Al" Driogano is the boss of the city's organized crime, but there's always other players. Amidst the police corruption, maybe the Vendetta has run into Sgt. Roy Jackson, an older veteran cop who remembers how the city used to be and is willing to work with heroes looking to set things straight. 

man, I'm dumb!  I JUST noticed the background was approved.  LoL.  OK, I'll get onto the next step... but probably tomorrow or the weekend.

Today, work was fun. I work with troubled teens at a high school. They sometimes get... interesting. And by interesting, I mean throwing punches, getting in fights, throwing desks and chairs... lots of fun. Well, today might have been the most 'fun' I've experienced in my 20+ years doing this job. Three students from my class ended their day in handcuffs. 5 police officers were on site, a dozen extra staff had to show up to help deal with the brawl and the threats of murder the students were throwing around at each other and at staff.

oof

fun

If I drank, I'd probably be getting drunk right now. Might still!

Am I right in assuming the total cost of the Super Team Package is 18? (38 - 20 = 18).  I didn't include it below but left points room.  This is only a first go and am most certainly open to your input to make the character work better in your world.  I took a ridiculous number of skills, especially the INT ones as his mind was so greatly improved from the Alien Artifact.  I wanted to go with some detection/super senses powers too, which actually, he'll need.  They'll be some of the first devices that he created when he started his "vendetta" against the criminal underworld before creating the cloaking device and certainly before developing all of the other tech that goes into the Vendetta Battlesuit.  I'll be trimming some fat, probably reducing the number of goodie blasts in his Multi-power framework (which is really just a plethora of attack powers and so can be reduced easily enough).  Speaking of the MP Framework, I put a Double Knockback blast in there, which is a "Stop" Advantage.  I can easily take it out if you like, but my thinking is V will use it to create space for himself in case he needs to get away and limited it to just 4 charges (Its an 'emergency' power concept).  Obviously, I can drop that if you like.  I also limited the Entangle to 12 figuring, unlike all the other blasts, which require energy, that the netting is a physical object that requires ammunition (of a sort).

Also, didn't put in his Disads yet.  I'm also figuring the alien race that he got his INT from will likely have protections from their own tech, so he'll be kind of out of his battlesuit or at reduced capacity (it is a merger of human stuff and alien tech) when/if the aliens return to Earth and pose a problem.  Not sure if you have an alien race in mind for something

I will use the character format you specified but after using Hero Designer I just spit it out in HTML and putting it here to work from.  It will change as I make tweaks to Vendetta. (Seamus calls it The Vendetta Project, or just Vendetta, which will be his 'hero' name.  The "project" is multi-faceted, a step by step plan to clean up Freedom City, which includes developing a Super Team and getting 'the right people' elected to the mayor's office and city council.  He's pretty sure that when, possibly if, he can succeed, he'll be able to expand the plan to the state and eventually, the national level.  Seamus is WAY smarter than me, so please don't ask ME what the plan is.  A bear's plans are kind of just centered on their next meal.)

herologo.jpg
CHARACTERISTICS
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
15 STR 10 5 35 16- HTH Damage 7d6 END [3]
15 DEX 10 10 15 12-  
15 CON 10 5 15 12-  
15 BODY 10 5 15    
30 INT 10 20 30 15- PER Roll 15-
20 EGO 10 10 20 13-  
13 PRE 10 3 13 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

5 PD 2 3 5/30   5/30 PD (0/25 rPD)
5 ED 2 3 5/30   5/30 ED (0/25 rED)
4 SPD 2.0 20 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
5 REC 4 1 5    
20 END 20 0 160    
30 STUN 20 5 30    
14" Running 12 2 14m    
4" Swimming 4 0 4m    
4" Leaping 4 0 4m 107 Total Characteristics Points
CHARACTER IMAGE

EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 400
Disad Points: 0
Total Points: 376
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (12) 14m [28m NC]
Swim (4) 4m [8m NC]
H. Leap (4m) 4m
V. Leap (2m) 2m
DEFENSES
Type Amount
Physical Defense 5/30
Res. Phys. Defense 0/25
Energy Defense 5/30
Res. Energy Defense 0/25
Mental Defense 0
Power Defense 0

COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 10 DCV: 11

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10
Targeting shot OCV Hit Location
Head shot (Head to Shoulders) -4 1d6+3
High shot (Head to Vitals) -2 2d6+1
Body shot (Hands to Legs) -1 2d6+4
Low shot (Shoulders to Feet) -2 2d6+7
Leg shot (Vitals to Feet) -4 1d6+12

herologo.jpg
SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Bugging 15-
5 Combat Piloting 13-
3 Computer Programming 15-
3 Conversation 12-
5 Cramming
3 Criminology 15-
3 Deduction 15-
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
3 Forensic Medicine 15-
3 Inventor 15-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Streetwise 12-
3 Tactics 15-
55 Total Skills Cost

POWERS
Cost  Power END
23 Cloaking Field: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups, High Range Radio Perception and Radar , Costs Endurance Only To Activate ((Dedicated Power Source); +1/4) (41 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4) 3
43 Battle Armor: Resistant Protection (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4) 0
11 Strength Enhancers: +20 STR (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4) 2
19 Energy Battery: +140 END (28 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
17 Battle Computer: +5 OCV (25 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battle Armor); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
23 Battle Computer: +7 DCV (35 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity (-1/4)  
43 Meta-Blaster: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
9v
1) Vengeance Bolts: Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
9v
2) High Intensity Laser: Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
9v
3) Meta-Bolts: Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
5v
4) Force Bolts: Blast 10d6, Double Knockback (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
[4]
3f
5) High Tinsile Net: Entangle 7d6, 7 PD/7 ED (70 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
[12]
214 Total Powers Cost

herologo.jpg
APPEARANCE
Description:

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

OK, here's the first full draft for Vendetta. 

I kept his INT score low enough to keep his skill rolls at 15- as that was set as a limit but recently I saw you mention (maybe jokingly) that you were waiting to see if someone went for 100 STR or PRE.  I had initially wanted Seamus to have a 40 INT (or is 30 sufficient for an alien enhanced brain to build all this crud he's building)

herologo.jpg
CHARACTERISTICS
13 STR 10 3 28 15- HTH Damage 5 1/2d6 END [2]
13 DEX 10 6 13 12-  
15 CON 10 5 15 12-  
15 BODY 10 5 15    
20 EGO 10 10 20 13-  

5 PD 2 3 5/25   5/25 PD (0/20 rPD)
5 ED 2 3 5/25   5/25 ED (0/20 rED)
4 SPD 2.0 20 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
5 REC 4 1 5    
20 END 20 0 69    
30 STUN 20 5 30    
14" Running 12 2 14m    
4" Swimming 4 0 4m    
4" Leaping 4 0 4m 101 Total Characteristics Points
CHARACTER IMAGE

EXPERIENCE POINTS
Disad Points: 75
Total Points: 400
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (12) 14m [28m NC]
Swim (4) 4m [8m NC]
H. Leap (4m) 4m
V. Leap (2m) 2m
Flight 12m [96m NC]
DEFENSES
Type Amount
Physical Defense 5/25
Res. Phys. Defense 0/20
Energy Defense 5/25
Res. Energy Defense 0/20
Mental Defense 0
Power Defense 0

COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 10 DCV: 11

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

herologo.jpg
SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Bugging 15-
5 Combat Piloting 13-
3 Conversation 12-
5 Cramming
3 Criminology 15-
3 Deduction 15-
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
3 Forensic Medicine 15-
3 Inventor 15-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Streetwise 12-
3 Tactics 15-
55 Total Skills Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
Notes: While Seamus is driven to use his technology to push his Vendetta Project forward, he needs capital for his technology and occasionally releases some technological innovation to help fund his crusade.
6 Police Officer: Contact: Sgt. Roy Jackson (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 13-
16 Total Perks Cost

POWERS
Cost  Power END
18 Cloaking Field: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups and Radar , Costs Endurance Only To Activate ((Dedicated Power Source); +1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 3
34 Battle Armor: Resistant Protection (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4) 0
8 Strength Enhancers: +15 STR (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4) 1
6 Energy Battery: +49 END (10 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
17 Battle Computer: +5 OCV (25 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battle Armor); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
23 Battle Computer: +7 DCV (35 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4), Only In Alternate Identity (-1/4)  
43 Meta-Blaster: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
9v
1) Vengeance Bolts: Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
9v
2) High Intensity Laser: Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
9v
3) Meta-Bolts: Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
5v
4) Force Bolts: Blast 10d6, Double Knockback (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
[4]
3f
5) High Tinsile Net: Entangle 7d6, 7 PD/7 ED (70 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)
[12]
9 Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing) (14 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity (Vedetta Battlesuit; -1/4) 0
23 Radar: Radar (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Tracking (35 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Only In Alternate Identity (Vendetta Battlesuit; -1/4) 0
12 Flight 12m, x8 Noncombat (22 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Only In Alternate Identity (Vendetta Battlesuit; -1/4) 2
228 Total Powers Cost

herologo.jpg
DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN The Technology of the Aliens from where Seamus gained his vast Intelligence (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY The Technology of the Aliens from where Seamus gained his vast intelligence (Uncommon)
15 Psychological Complication: Driven to take down the villains responsible for killing his friends and mother (Common; Strong)
5 Psychological Complication: Code Against Killing (Uncommon; Moderate)
Notes: While Seamus is driven to see the killers of his friends brought to justice and to take down "Big Al" and his organization, he has a larger agenda to vastly bring down crime rates in Freedom City, get 'better' politicos elected Mayor and to the City Counsil and export his formula for dealing with crime to the state and, eventually to the nation. The goal is to no longer need to use the Vendetta Battlesuit (or at least for him to not need to use it).
10 Hunted: Alberto "Big Al" Driogano, City Crime Boss Infrequently (Less Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
Notes: The boss knows that the Vendetta is 'after' him but doesn't yet know why. While individually, he is not as powerful as Vendetta but with his vast resources and network, his strength increases.
5 Negative Reputation: The Vendetta Scourge, Infrequently
Notes: While Seamus is no killer, he has designed his Vendetta Battlesuit with the intent to scare and portrays his intentions as more violent than they really are.
5 Dependent NPC: DeAndre Phelps Infrequently (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
Notes: DeAndre Phelps is the CFO of NuTech, Inc., Seamus McDougal's tech company through which he produces the capital he needs to push his agenda of the Vendetta Project. While Phelps is, basically, the only employee of NuTech (that holds a position beyond Administrative Assistant or Janitor), Seamus has a great deal of trust in him and needs him to see to the finances of the company to keep it a viable platform for his income. Phelps is paid very well to keep up the fascade of a regular company and Seamus feels very responsible for the potential danger that he might be putting Phelps in because of his "Vendetta Project". Over the past three years, Seamus and DeAndre have developed a strong friendship and, though Seamus doesn't understand it quite yet, it is his relationship with Phelps that helps keep him grounded in the 'real world, especially considering his vastly superior intellect'.
5 Social Complication: Lack of 'Social Graces' Infrequently, Minor
Notes: Seamus did not grow up wealthy, rather the opposite. He's been thrust into a world of high society because of NuTech and his successful products. He'd normally have developed the social graces to fit into 'that world' but since he spends most of his time improving his Vendetta Battlesuit and working toward bringing justice to Freedom Cit;y, he's hardly seen in the social circles where he is expected.
Notes: Seamus is known as something of a recluse. He has a successful company, known to be the lead designer of NuTech's R&D, and, of course, rising on the Forbes 500 list (at least his Net Worth. Most of his assets are dumped into the Vendetta Project). He often 'forgets' to make appearances at important social functions, which has caused his CFO, DeAndre Phelps several headaches over the past few years.
APPEARANCE
Description:

Oh, used the creator.  It didn't get put in the 'unavailable' list... oof, I'll have to make some changes to rejigger the points.  Not sure why a focus and only in Alternate Identity can be used together... But that IS what the rules say.  Its only a few points so it shouldn't be too bad, though I have a lot of small powers so I'll have to pull out 1 or 2 points many times 😄

Thanks for catching that.  Honestly, I've never gotten to play 6th edition so some tweaks are going to be missed by me!

I was thinking that his Meta Blast and Cloaking would have a limited power in that they can be 'turned off' by the same aliens so that those powers don't work against them.  Those are two of the more expensive costs so that will help and the only reason I didn't do that already was that I was almost finished with the character build and didn't want to go back in and fiddle with stuff right then and there!  Will still have to do some 'fiddling' though.  Should have the changes up for review over the weekend.

Depending on how it's done, a Focus can be taken and used by someone else which causes issues when OIAID is included. So I get the separation. I think the Champions team likes OIAID and kept it for 6e but Multiform actually does what's intended in a more subtle way that doesn't interfere with OIF. It's a fiddly system.

Yeah.  I was thinking about it... though you probably could have an OIF item that you couldn't use unless you were in a different form, the O (obvious) is the Focus, 1/4, and I (Inaccessible) could be thought of as OIAID, granting the other 1/4.  Sure, enemies can tell you're using a focus (such as Ironman's armor or Thor's hammer) but there's not a whole lot they can do about it.  The Accessible focus is the real key, even if it is inobvious. You might not know how someone is communicating with their companions, but when you finally see the earpiece, you can do something about it and take that advantage away from them.  The -1/2 for OIF is good.  I just need to do some major rejiggering to fit in the points.  The good news is that I was thinking about the above alien gear suppression thing and dropping a couple of the attacks in Vendetta's Multipower.  That was kind of a 'wish list' when I built it (and I had done it first) to come back around to when I needed to shave some points.  I had forgotten about that since I built the character in two parts.  I just have to go through and figure out how many points to shave off.

OK, rejiggered my points.  Hope this is O.K.  Some time freed up tonight, so yay!

herologo.jpg
CHARACTERISTICS
13 STR 10 3 13 12- HTH Damage 2 1/2d6 END [1]
13 DEX 10 6 13 12-  
15 CON 10 5 15 12-  
15 BODY 10 5 15    
19 EGO 10 9 19 13-  

5 PD 2 3 5/25   5/25 PD (0/20 rPD)
5 ED 2 3 5/25   5/25 ED (0/20 rED)
3 SPD 2.0 10 3   Phases: 4, 8, 12
5 REC 4 1 5    
20 END 20 0 69    
30 STUN 20 5 30    
14" Running 12 2 14m    
4" Swimming 4 0 4m    
4" Leaping 4 0 4m 90 Total Characteristics Points
CHARACTER IMAGE

EXPERIENCE POINTS
Disad Points: 75
Total Points: 400
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (12) 14m [28m NC]
Swim (4) 4m [8m NC]
H. Leap (4m) 4m
V. Leap (2m) 2m
Flight 10m [80m NC]
DEFENSES
Type Amount
Physical Defense 5/25
Res. Phys. Defense 0/20
Energy Defense 5/25
Res. Energy Defense 0/20
Mental Defense 0
Power Defense 0

COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 9 DCV: 9

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

herologo.jpg
SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Bugging 15-
3 Combat Piloting 12-
3 Conversation 12-
5 Cramming
3 Criminology 15-
3 Deduction 15-
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
3 Forensic Medicine 15-
3 Inventor 15-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Streetwise 12-
3 Tactics 15-
53 Total Skills Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
4 Police Officer: Contact: Sgt. Roy Jackson (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 11-
14 Total Perks Cost

POWERS
Cost  Power END
21 Cloaking Field: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups and Radar , Costs Endurance Only To Activate ((Dedicated Power Source); +1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 3
40 Battle Armor: Resistant Protection (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2) 0
8 Energy Battery: +49 END (10 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
16 Battle Computer: +4 OCV (20 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battle Armor); -1/4)  
20 Battle Computer: +5 DCV (25 Active Points); IIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/4)  
50 Meta-Blaster: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)  
10v
1) Vengeance Bolts: Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
10v
2) High Intensity Laser: Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
6v
3) Force Bolts: Blast 10d6, Double Knockback (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
[4]
10v
4) Meta-Bolt: Blast 10d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (75 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2)
4f
5) High Tinsile Net: Entangle 7d6, 7 PD/7 ED (70 Active Points); OIF ((Vendetta Battlesuit); -1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4)
[12]
26 Radar: Radar (Radio Group), +3 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (33 Active Points); IIF (-1/4) 0
13 Flight 10m, x8 Noncombat (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
243 Total Powers Cost

herologo.jpg
DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN The Technology of the Aliens from where Seamus gained his vast Intelligence (Uncommon)
20 Social Complication: Renegade Vigilante Very Frequently, Major
10 Social Complication: Secret ID Infrequently, Major
APPEARANCE
Description: