OOC - Kingdom Squad

Does anyone have a bag of holding?

On another note, should we fastforward to where we're ready to go? Or are we going to split into separate threads?

I'd like an option for a getting ready post or sequence of posts, but it's probably best if our characters says their goodluck and farewells before splitting the party.

@SMARTAgentKC Moana has the Inspiring Leader feat. Can she attempt to inspire the other team before they depart, and then inspire her own? That would give them a heap of temporary hit points until they are expended or their next rest.

I'm not asking for permission roleplay-wise, but balance wise. It may tilt the game balance, or it might not have any effect at all.

2 hours ago, Ayeba said:

By the way, @artsmythe, considering Mickey's behavior in the old classic cartoon, I'm apprehensive about trusting him with a fireball ;)

Yeah, I'd really hate to be in front of this version of Mickey when he's casting Fireball... especially when he's a Wild Magic Sorcerer! LOL!

Luckily for you and the rest of your group, Moana will be on Team: Sundial where she would be underwater. Also, as a Sea Soul Sorcerer, you have Watery Defense.

6 hours ago, Ayeba said:

@SMARTAgentKC Moana has the Inspiring Leader feat. Can she attempt to inspire the other team before they depart, and then inspire her own? That would give them a heap of temporary hit points until they are expended or their next rest.

I'm not asking for permission roleplay-wise, but balance wise. It may tilt the game balance, or it might not have any effect at all.

I had to check the feat to see if it was only triggered after a rest. after reviewing the feat, as written you can do that.

I personally would have added a clause that said the one who used the feat must be in the party but that's me looking at it in a roleplay aspect. 11 temp hps is a nice buffer for all our squishy players.

9 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

I had to check the feat to see if it was only triggered after a rest. after reviewing the feat, as written you can do that.

I personally would have added a clause that said the one who used the feat must be in the party but that's me looking at it in a roleplay aspect. 11 temp hps is a nice buffer for all our squishy players.

I was reasonably sure I could do it from a rules perspective, but that's not the important part. Are you as a GM comfortable with me using it that way? It certainly sounds like you are not, in which case I'll just keep it to my own party instead. It is important to me that I don't push you into allowing something you don't like, 'cause that can poison the well later.

10 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

On another note, should we fastforward to where we're ready to go? Or are we going to split into separate threads?

I'd like an option for a getting ready post or sequence of posts, but it's probably best if our characters says their goodluck and farewells before splitting the party.

I may be overthinking things here, but one of the main reasons I'm thinking of a bag of holding is that we're going underwater, that would make all of our things wet. That doesn't seem great. On another note, if we breath water do we still need to drink? How would that even work?

1 minute ago, Rumrunner said:

I may be overthinking things here, but one of the main reasons I'm thinking of a bag of holding is that we're going underwater, that would make all of our things wet. That doesn't seem great. On another note, if we breath water do we still need to drink? How would that even work?

It might be in your best interest not to overthink things. It's easy to break the immersion if you start to examine a specific topic too closely.

I can see the wet thing being an issue for Kronk's spices. Or perhaps us, if we're constantly inhaling his diluted spices. If you want me to, I can keep freeze them in an ice cube (Shape Water), but I'd have to constantly reapply it.

@SMARTAgentKC: You might want to think about the limitations of Shape Water while underwater. I'm pretty sure it'll break the game if I can just freeze enemies in 5-foot cubes of water, so I'm not going to even try.

Shape water specifically says you can't freeze water with creatures in it.

edit: I do wonder if it would function as "gust" underwater though, being able to push a creature smaller than large 5ft by changing the flow of water.

edit2: as for the underwater stuff, I'm just going to assume it works out and we don't need to worry about soggy rations or waterskins and torches can't be used underwater anyway.

1 minute ago, Rumrunner said:

Shape water specifically says you can't freeze water with creatures in it.

Never mind, then. That should teach me to recite spells purely from memory. It would be strange if the authors hadn't thought of it.

11 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

Ask Merlin for a bag of holding

Each mission will be put into seperate threads. I will start them most likely by Thursday.

I apologize if I missed anyone's specific post. Currently on my worktime schedule

13 hours ago, Ayeba said:

I can see the wet thing being an issue for Kronk's spices. Or perhaps us, if we're constantly inhaling his diluted spices. If you want me to, I can keep freeze them in an ice cube (Shape Water), but I'd have to constantly reapply it.

Kronk will be leaving the vast majority of his supplies at home. However, he will take the Orange Alchemy Jug just in case there is some niche application.

First I apologize for being away: Work exploded due to people not following safety/security rules and I ended up pulling 18 hour days for a week. I see that Rapunzel is on Cauldron squad which is good as I was hoping to get that one. Can anyone give me a quick update/summary?

This is a fast moving game (fastest I've ever been involved in and there is like a book of backlog to get through).