Enoch Downtime

evedgebah

3/31/2023 - Tasks in order of priority:

- Crew Requests
-- Kar Tesh wanted some tech assistance?
-- Ross wants an implant

- Update VR Programs (Taking 20) - Not sure how long this will take as Enoch has Computer Use as a Free Action thanks to his current implants.

- Map ship crystal structure and learn to interact with them for purpose of repair and maintenance, possibly future modification.

- Study ship computers (We have learned Space Spider Language, documented per Engine Room Thread)

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpg With some time to spare, Farhvan tracked down Enoch for a personal request. As usual when dealing with the doctor, Farhvan was more deferential and less sure of himself, in contrast to his general bravado when dealing with the Captain. "Hey doc, do you have a mindo? I believe I mentioned how my biotic work, cha? " He induced a slight biotic aura for emphasis. "I might have also mentioned that moojes in my home gal use implants to help regulate or even enhance their biotics. I've been getting by without one but it's been a bit rough on the nervous system." He raised a hand to forestall any concern. "Don't worry though, I've been careful but it is tiring. Anyway, the implants require a port to be installed at the base of the neck. Normally those are put in place at a young age but I . . . didn't have the opportunity. Anyway, I managed to create one from materials on the station but I was wondering if you could install it?"

OOC/Mechanics

Hide this

"Of course. Let's get to it." Enoch replies.

Show this

Enoch has no chance of failure in a controlled environment for the surgery. DC 20 Enoch Base Check is 28+2 from Aid Another (Comp) = 30, Take 10 = 40. Minimum Fatigue Time is 6 Hours, Enoch automatically achieves that minimum. Surgery Duration 1d4 Hours. I can't seem to add dice.

Not sure which cybernetics rules you're familiar with, or are intended for Ross's implant.  Here's what I use:

https://d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/cybernetics/cybernetic.attachments.php

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpgGiven how touch and go his own surgery on Jake had been, Farhvan was somewhat amazed at how masterfully Enoch managed the install. "You know, you've got to be the best surg I've ever worked with " He rolled his neck experimentally, noting only mild discomfort. "Of course, I'm guessing you didn't get trained on a backwater station like Omega, but I bet even the Alliance types don't have half the skill you do. " He flared his biotic aura slightly as if performing a similar function to rolling his neck "I still need to find an implant from my home gal to slot into it, but this . . . this really helps. Thank you Doctor Pendergast, I owe you one." He offered a hand shake on it.

OOC/Mechanics

Surgery Duration: Hours

Was using the Mass Effect d20 ruleset, but other than the DC being 25 they are basically the same, in any case Enoch still can't fail. Most of the potential for failure came from making the darn thing. 

Name
Hours
1d4 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2023 at 8:26 PM, evedgebah said:

3/31/2023 - Tasks in order of priority:

- Crew Requests
-- Kar Tesh wanted some tech assistance?
-- Ross wants an implant

- Update VR Programs (Taking 20) - Not sure how long this will take as Enoch has Computer Use as a Free Action thanks to his current implants.

- Map ship crystal structure and learn to interact with them for purpose of repair and maintenance, possibly future modification.

- Study ship computers (We have learned Space Spider Language, documented per Engine Room Thread)

Update VR program will take a while but not sure can take 20 since the roll IS the DC to use it and the DC is based on how secure the network is. You cant tell that exactly or plug holes, that's why you need the captain to try to see how it was against him. 8 hours to update the whole system and roll your check.

The crystals are part of the ship but not really part of any systems directly so can repair without a problem. Mainly they are there as interaction to the Ethereal plane, as the ship moves to the other plane the crystal is thicker in that area. The crystals are on both planes so they are solid objects on both. 1 hour to determine the dual nature.

Study what about ship computers? You still get an aching head when trying to use systems with goggles on it, your brain can't understand when you have to push both ethereal and normal parts of a system. You are unsure if your human brain will ever be able to easily use the original systems.

1 hour to start getting a pain in brain as you try to use the computers as the owners would have.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

POST- AUCTION DOWNTIME - WIP

On 4/17/2023 at 8:37 PM, wrathgon said:

14 days down time to be used

3 days of shopping on Station. Unclear how many hours remain after/outside shopping on those days.

DAY 01: Enoch has a large list, so locating items may take all day, even if he doesn't purchase all of them. Transporting Gold may take some time?

DAY 02: Enoch has found (presumably) all the items and buys most of them. Extra time may be available?

DAY 03: He purchases the remaining shopping items and more Gold. Again, Gold transport may take time?

DAY 04: Craft Feat Implant (60 hour Base): Iron Will. +32 to Craft, can Take 10 AND reduce time. This probably takes 2 Days per implant? (1/2)

DAY 05: Craft Feat Implant: Iron Will (2/2 Days) -9,000 Spare Parts

DAY 06: Craft Feat Implant: Craft Technological Arms and Armor (1/2 Days)

DAY 07: Craft Feat Implant: Craft Technological Arms and Armor (2/2 Days) -9,000 Spare Parts

DAY 08: Cybersurgery Day. Install all implants for Ross (Above) and Enoch (Jetpack and 3 Feat Implants). Automatic success.

DAY 09:

DAY 10:

DAY 11:

DAY 12:

DAY 13:

DAY 14:

On 4/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, evedgebah said:

Enoch Took 10 on his initial VR programs, with the extra time, he wants to increase their stats/powers/etc via Taking 20.  A matter of personal and ship security.

Enoch has 1 free day and money (need reminder on how much it costs per day).

Full Round Action is default for Computer Use checks with DM discretion about more/less.  Reserach is 1d4 hours.  His Neural Link reduces all Computer Use and Research this to a Free Action RAW.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, wrathgon said:

Update his VR programs (Taking 20). - Unsure how much time this would take, as he technically has "Free Action" Computer Use. updating to what?

POSSIBLE: Time-Tent To Tech Up (Enoch can half the normal time) -  Do you have 4 days of Tent access?

Market: You have to enter the station to trade and be on the station for std 24 hours

Make a search check  track Incantation using a program skill level ( how long does it take you to create a search program?)

Run a monitoring program to track information related to the human creator race - human origins, etc. Again time it takes to create such a program to be used.

Set up a program to source (sorting price points and other metrics) for the purchases he's interested (see character thread). THe net is impossible to use for finding things there are so many ads and noise that your program cannot cut through it all to find actually legit shops. three times your program is eaten by black ice that looked like an ad. 

Can Enoch can do things in the downtime between station trading active activities while he's effectively just waiting around? Like upgrade his VR program, or do station network related research? Let me know how much extra time on the trading days there is.

Enoch Takes 20 to Upgrade his VR programs only if we are still using those. It's 1 hour to upgrade a program RAW in d20 Modern, with the Link and Microcomputer, that'd be faster, but I forgot the actual conversion you stated. So this may take all or part of a day for the VR upgrade, and no time at all for the Search algorithms that were quoted above. He could do these programming/computer activities on the station, as stated above.

Jetpack installation, a Day 1 Purchase for this post-auction. Could also be installed any day if there's sufficient time to do so (1d4 hours in d20 Modern, 5 hours in Starfinder Rules). There's a very similar Jetpack (not specifically a cybernetic implant) in d20 Modern, so this wouldn't interfere with current events other than possibly allowing Enoch to use it in the Vader thread.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

so the the gold buying is finding enough buyers that have the stock you want, they are mid size orders but that would take a few hours each time. Getting all the items would take full day as sniffer has to find them all for you. So you could get 4 hours of work on your other projects as long a can do them on the go and not need a lab or equipment.

I have to see how the SF system looks but i already like the look it, so you may not need that anymore, still need countermeasures to protect systems though.

You you are using all the SF rules but your PC is still d20 on station. As i stated this change is a in game change so if you doing all this now you need to use the d20 rules not SF runs. If cant do them now you have to wait till change over