Application process

Vladim

How to apply:

• Start a thread in the applications section, naming it as you wish.
  • Write a little about yourself. Information can include (but is not limited to) your experience with Play-by-Post, your knowledge of Middle-Earth and the systems we are using, the kind of characters you like to play, the qualities you look for in a good Play-by-Post game and any gaming-related likes and dislikes.
  • State system of preference. E.g. 'I am interested only in the Ironsworn game', or 'I am interested in either The One Ring 1st edition and the Ironsworn game, but I have a slight preference for the former.'
  • If you want, pitch me a few concepts (1-2 sentences each); you can ask for my (short) feedback, which could help you choose which one to develop. This is not mandatory, just an option.
  • Flesh out a concept by writing a bit about their backstory and personality. Try to keep it concise; ideally no more than 300 words for the backstory; less for the personality (or alternatively, work the personality into the backstory; either is fine).
  • Find some art to represent your character. Please, no photos, anime or AI-generated art. If you can, please credit the artist. If you wish, you can write a few short sentences on appearance, mannerisms and the like, but this is optional.
  • No sheet is required at this stage. However, if you want to make one, please feel free. For The One Ring, you can use the online character generator (link).
  • When you are done, let me know. I'll give you a few prompts; you can select one and showcase your writing. Once again, keep it relatively brief.

Good luck and have fun!