Some more superhero games - any interest?

eltorin

Hello,

I'm thinking about running some superhero games but I got unsure. Would there be any interest in any of these games?

• Ascendant (I've actually advertised this, with zero response so far)
  • Prowlers and Paragons UE
  • Destined
  • Legends

The lack of interest in my advertisement is what made me uncertain. I would love to play these games (pretty much in that order), for most I even have at least one adventure, but if I'm the only one, I would rather save myself the disappointment, than post ads again and again without any luck.

Thanks for any insight.

If you mean your ad here on Baldr, it's only been a few days. You may get more interest over time. I wouldn't give up yet.

As far as I know, MW does like superhero games. Mutants and Masterminds always gets a solid number of apps. Masks is fairly popular as it Wearing the Cape. I have never played nor seen played at the Weave those games, so I couldn't say if you'd get much interest in any of them. Never hurts to try though.

I saw the post and was interested, but don't have access to the system (yet). So the response is delayed for shipping. 

Another tried and true method is to make a game planning post. A session zero kind of forum where you get people interested in the system in general to talk about the likes and dislikes for it. Build up some buzz before you post an actual advertisement for a specific game.  Often times you can go into the ad knowing a handful of people are looking for it and eager to put in a character for consideration. 

@Butchern Sure, not giving up just yet, it's only that not even questions came so I got a dishearted, is all. If not of them, works, I may just end up running a Faserip or M&M adventure, but I also wanted to try something new, and specifically these games (starting with Ascendant).

@coreal That's awesome, thanks, let me know if you have any questions, I'll help if I can.

@cailano Great idea, which I didn't think of!

Thanks, everyone! 

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

I haven't heard of any of these games, which is already a not great sign given my interest in supers games. Looking up online gives the following reactions:

Ascendant: Eww, no.

Prowlers and Paragons: Interesting. Seems to fit into a pretty similar niche to M&M, perhaps just a bit more narrative. Could be convinced to try.

Destined: Superhero Runequest?  Ooohhh.  Tell me more.

Legends: This one was frustratingly difficult to get actual information or reviews of (mostly because that name was not a great choice when it comes to web searching). Seems interesting, but I'd need to find some good reviews before I was convinced to drop money on it.