Privacy re: activity

Oceane

Hello, it's me, the reactionary member! :classic_biggrin:

I'm not sure there's an option to disable it, but I'm not fond of there being a list of "which user is following this thread", or of past usernames. Will this stay, or will it at least be able to be disabled?

The past usernames part is hard-coded in Invision, it won't be going away.

What are you talking about with the "which user is following this thread" part? The followers list on the profile page? If you can toss me a screenshot, I can give a more definite answer. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

The past usernames part is hard-coded in Invision, it won't be going away.

That's really unfortunate. I don't care too much about my past username, but people don't usually change them and expect they can still be found after.

If you excuse me a little armchair development, it's so hardcoded that you can't even simply hide the CSS elements?

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

What are you talking about with the "which user is following this thread" part? The followers list on the profile page? If you can toss me a screenshot, I can give a more definite answer. 🙂

spacer.png

This, top right of each topic. It's not too big a deal, but I don't see why it exists either.

People changing their username still have their entire post history, and can thus be found again quite easily on the original site. 🤷‍♂️

As to the "users following" bit, it's native to Invision, and isn't considered something that needs to go away is all.

1 minute ago, bwatford said:

When someone chooses to follow a thread, I believe they have an option to follow but hide that they are following the thread.

Uncheck "Let others see I follow this."

Oh thank you, good to know!