Various Discussions (OOC)

5 hours ago, Phntm888 said:

Wait, was there a step limit? If so, I either was unaware or forgot about it, and it might be.

Yeah, we're aiming to keep things to 5 steps, but some of what you wrote could be consolidated. So like if you steal a car, you're probably going to take it somewhere; that kind of stuff can be merged together.

The step limit helps me determine what actions might need a roll or not.

Okay I'd like to keep us moving along. I've been dealing with some light sickness and allergies and working outside on yardwork, so I have't been at the top of my game either.

If you haven't yet posted a Plan for this turn, you've got roughly 12 hours to do so before I consider it a "pass" and take the current Plans up for a vote.

A small note on my plan; while enabling remote access from any telephone would have been a better, more flexible idea, I specifically set a single remote access point, so we can't access the wiretap from the unoccupied residence (which would be risky anyway, if the owner came home during the day). The robot needs to go to a specific payphone near a group of warehouses.

Also, I would think completing the cleaning task would require a roll, since I don't have any real cleaning skills (though I can think of ways to use what I have).

I must say, the owner of the residence must really not take hiding social security cards seriously if it doesn't require a roll to find them, but it does require a roll for a robot to remember a password.

I could see the wiretapping roll being for identifying the correct targets out of all of the candidates.

Edited by Wolfglide (see edit history)

My bad! It's been several days since I read your last action. I'll modify your Plan setup to include going to that specific payphone. That'll also negate the need for a roll, since you set it up specifically for a single location (that's enough of a limitation in my book).

The cleaning seems... mundane. My thinking was the robot already did some of the requisite cleaning tasks, so it'd just be performing those same things again, just elsewhere.

Honestly, it's hard for me to sometimes figure out if a roll is required, since there are no real guidelines in the rules.

Okay folks, I've been in contact with Avaday (SolarLeo.bat) and they've decided to step away for now. Leo will go into standby mode which will reduce your Tokens by 10 since there's only 4 players in the game.

As such, all the votes are in and I'll get an update for you in a few hours once I wake up fully.

23 minutes ago, TheDragonOfFlame said:

Does this remove SolarLEO’s goals as well? Because if not, removing the tokens will make the game much harder…

I’ll try and post today or tomorrow.

Yes, with SolarLeo.bat no longer in operation, the Directive for it is also negated. That's why I took away the 10 tokens, since you don't really need to head that way now.

Tell you what--since it looks like your plan involves getting computer equipment specifically for that Directive, if you manage to launch an energy satellite, I'll give you bonus Tokens.

16 minutes ago, Wolfglide said:

Not to shoot us in the foot, but I believe we are at 35 tokens, not 37. We were at 47 before I spent 2 on creating the plot point with the ex-girlfriend.

Ah, shit, you're right. I cloned too old of a post.

'Preciate you!

2 hours ago, TheDragonOfFlame said:

The computer equipment could also be used to store the master AI , which I believe is a separate directive? Though if we aren’t launching the satellite, not sure where we’d hide it,

Ah, that's true. I just didn't want you to "waste" a potential roll on something you may not need. Carry on, then.

9 hours ago, TheDragonOfFlame said:

The computer equipment could also be used to store the master AI , which I believe is a separate directive? Though if we aren’t launching the satellite, not sure where we’d hide it,

I think one idea was to piggyback on another satellite launch to store the master AI. We may still want the hardware to modify it for the storage we need. It seems to me that making it into an energy satellite would be more work (and harder to hide) than just squirreling away a copy of the master AI. That might make the energy satellite launch distinct from hijacking a launch. Of course, if we did launch our own, we could kill two birds with one stone by putting the master AI on it.