Act 2, Part 1: Trouble at Oleg's

Kavonde

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak| HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 | Fort: +5  Ref: +6  Will: +10  Perception: +8 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Spell SlotsDruid 1: 2/2

Shardik | HP: 26/26 | AC: 19 | Fort: +6  Ref: +6  Will: +5  Perception: +5spacer.png

Having moved forward quietly, and seemingly unnoticed, the night is rent by the unmistakeable roar of an angry bear, as Shardik lashes out with his claws at the bandit brute.

Meanwhile, having given the command to attack, Verne speaks a word and snaps his fingers, and electricity arcs between the two bandits menacing Lerris.

OOC/mechanics

1 action: Command Shardik to attack (2 claw attacks)

2 actions: Cast Electric Arc

Edited by PlotDevice (see edit history)

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

Happs' body waver around the arrow, leaving a grisly hole that guts start to slither out of like groping tentacles, then reform and continue moving. Happs' attention turns, menacingly, and he glares at the archer; starts to drift, slowly and menacingly, in that direction. "Now ye've done it!"
Thomas' voice has an ugly laugh in it. He moves forward, and Æthelflæd steps forward as well, clutching the staff of office.

"You are a terrible host. And you will pay the price for such poor hospitality," they intone in their high, disdainful voice. Then, with Kressle's attention split between her left and her right, they come in and those startlingly long limbs send their staff of office whipping diagonally down, the heavy orb at the end coming down with a vicious thud.

OOC/mechanics

Act Together: 1+1
-Thomas: stride forward
-Eidolon: step forwward

2: Eidolon - Demoralize

3: Eidolon - strike! 28 vs flatfooted, which I assume is a crit, for the maximum 18 points of damage.
Actually, I just saw that I've had the primary attack at 1d8, when it should be 1d6 deadly d8 to be Finesse, which worked out to a mere 11 points when I rolled it out. I'll update the weapon.

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png
Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

Impressed with Kressle's strong will, Zakon is undeterred and begins to cast another spell. A dimly glowing circle springs into existence in the middle of the battle as he calls upon ancient oaths to compel a fey creature to cross into this world. A dark sprite seems to gather from the shadows cast across the circle, visible primarily due to its dimly glowing wings. Its legs and arms are bound by manacles, which dissolve as the spell ends and the creature accepts whatever deal the Judge was offering. A moment later, colors seem to leech out of the surrounding area, swirling about the creature before being directed outwards in a wave of disorienting light that washes over Kressle.

image.png.005942b0e5115d0b7dc21a83e3e1a8f0.png

OOC

Action 1-3: Cast Summon Fey (to the right of Kressle) and summon a Sprite
Minion Action 1-2: Cast Color Spray in a cone that should only hit Kressle (Will DC 16)

Antonia RullianusClaire-removebg-preview.png.04c2cfe7b1184c8ebb7da2b1d9db6e4f.png

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Panache: ✖️ | Conditions: None

Antonia gasps in surprise, "My 'tits'?! But those are arguably my best feature! You wouldn't dare." Though she is feigning offense, the smirk threatening the edge of her lips still gives the sense that it's all a game to her. She moves closer to the bandit behind Lerris who's attempting to shove the larger man. She snaps at him, attempting to get his attention as she says, "Not going to work, darling. He's like a brick wall, trust me." The bandit seems none to interested in her distractions as he pushes against Lerris' supposedly-immoveable form. The Fencer sighs and rolls her eyes before jabbing her rapier into his side. "Excuse me, I was talking to you. No need to be rude."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Stride 10 ft.

Action 2 - Attempting Distraction - Rolled 11 total - CRIT FAIL! (no extra effect)

Action 3 - Strike - Rolled 20 - HIT! - 5 Damage.

Sija swings her blade and her fist at the archer, but the combination of the bandit's agility and the makeshift watchtower's unsteady wobbling spoils her aim.

Shardik comes barreling into the fight, ripping at the club-wielding bandit with both claws and leaving a pair of bloody gashes. The brute reels back, trying to escape the ferocious young bear, and the movement inadvertently helps him avoid some of Verne's spell. Kressle, however, takes the bolt fully in her back, burning through the leather and leaving an ugly, black scorch mark on her skin. [Bandit brute takes 13 damage; Kressle takes 7 damage.]

Æthelflæd steps forward, bringing his staff of office down in blow precisely aimed to strike Kressle at a weak point in her neck. Distracted as she is by Lerris, she almost manages to turn in time to absorb the strike on her shoulder instead, but she's too slow; the staff cracks sharply against Kressle's neck, and for a moment, it seems that will be enough. Somehow, though, through sheer determination, she grits her teeth and remains standing for a little while longer. [Æthelflæd crits Kressle for 18 damage!]

Zakon uses powers arcane and ancient to summon forth a sprite from the fey realm, which collects power about it for a moment before releasing it in a blast aimed right at Kressle's face. The bandit leader, however, seems to be too distracted by pain and a likely broken neck and the growing realization that she is about to die, and the spell does little not blind her, but does make her blink away a rainbow of spots painted across the back of her eyes.

Antonia, much to her annoyance, fails to distract the brute with the club. She does, however, succeed in putting a small hole in him. Given the way her luck has gone in this fight so far, she should celebrate her victories where she can. [Bandit brute takes 5 damage.]

Lerris, still silent throughout this battle as he concentrates on felling his opponents, finally puts an end to Kressle's defiant last stand. He puts his sword through her heart, then pulls the blade free and turns to swing at the brute. He's lost more blood than he thought, however; when he spins to engage his remaining opponent, a moment of wooziness and nausea overtakes him, and his strike comes nowhere near its target. Trying to collect himself, he raises his shield to ward off the brute's blows. [Lerris hits Kressle for 10 damage, killing her!]

A distance away, the further of the two archers moves forward across the small tributary and takes a new position behind a fallen tree trunk. Having witnessed the brutal blow dealt to his leader's neck, turns his attention away from the unmoving apparition of Happs Byden and takes aim at the equally spooky form of Æthelflæd. Unfortunately, his poor maintenance of his equipment comes back to haunt him (in much the same way as Happs' ghost) when the string on his bow snaps mid-draw. He yelps in panic. "He's cursed us! He's bloody cursed us!"

Up on the watchtower, the bandit facing Sija notices her unsteadiness and tries to take advantage of it. He lunges forward, catching Sija as she pitches forward, and plunges his knife deep into her abdomen. As Sija reels from the blow, he strikes again and then a third time, blows which the ranger is fortunately able to parry away. [The bandit archer crits Sija for 10 damage!]

The brute, now rent by bear and lightning and rapier, is beginning to sense that this battle is not going in his side's favor. Nevertheless, he doesn't ask for quarter or mercy. He brings his massive club down on Lerris, who manages to interpose his shield again. This time, however, the steel bends and warps as it absorbs the blow, and his entire arm burns with pain and strain at the impact. [The bandit brute deals 15 damage; Lerris' shield blocks 5 damage and takes 5 damage (8 HP remaining; the shield is now Broken); Lerris takes the remaining 5.] Then the brute swings again, and then a third time! Fortunately, Lerris is able to deflect or avoid the blows, especially with Antonia persistently poking at the brute from behind.

Kressle is dead or dying, but her bandits still fight on!

ThornRiverBanditCamp04.png.10a35cc57b49871dd516584ee9c627de.png

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Sija Bhatyani - Half-Elf Ranger 2

HP: 17/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions| Resources | Abilities | Skills

Sija doubles over for a moment from the knife stab to her gut, and violently shoves the thug backward. She staggers after him as he teeters on the edge for a moment, arms windmilling, before he falls back. But by sheer luck or determination, he grips the rough boards of the platform with one hand as he falls, dangling beneath the enraged woman. Sija slashes at his head with her sword, remorseless in her pain. Then she stomps at the exposed fingers on the ledge, hoping to send him all the way to the earth below.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Shove + follow after

Action 2: Twin takedown for 13 to hit, 7 damage and 9 to hit, 8 NL daamge

Action 3: attack (21, 9 damage)

Reaction: Grab an Edge, probably

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Elf Atavism (Darkvision)

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

Thomas permits the 'ghost' to fade. "Ye cannae have their souls, Happs! We have other uses for them," he intones ominously. He takes long strides, heading towards the tower Sija climbed. Æthelflæd follows behind, bloodied staff of office jabbing at the surrounded brigand.

As the others engage the brigands on the ground, Thomas gazes up at Sija struggling with her enemy, and gives a sympathetic wince.

OOC/mechanics

Act Together: 1+1
-Thomas: stride forward
-Eidolon: stride forward

2: Thomas -stride

3: Eidolon - strike! 20 vs flatfooted, for... 3 bludgeoning damage.

Antonia RullianusClaire-removebg-preview.png.04c2cfe7b1184c8ebb7da2b1d9db6e4f.png

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Panache:  | Conditions: None

The Fencer woman sighs and rolls her eyes while tapping the bandit who is focused on Lerris on the shoulder with the tip of her Rapier. The action seems to finally draw the man's attention, giving Antonia just enough time to drive her rapier through his stomach, all the way to the crossguard. With her face next to the dying man's, she whispers, "Some lessons are learned far too late: Never ignore a lady who's trying to get your attention."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Feint (Rolled 17 - Success! - Gained Panache)

Action 2 - Finishing Strike (Rolled 21 - HIT! - 14 piercing damage.)

Action 3 - I think he's dead? If not, I can use my third action to pull my Dueling cape around my arm.

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak| HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 | Fort: +5  Ref: +6  Will: +10  Perception: +8 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Spell Slots

Shardik | HP: 26/26 | AC: 19 | Fort: +6  Ref: +6  Will: +5  Perception: +5spacer.png

Verne grunts a couple of guttural words to Shardik, who makes a grumbling noise in response, and smiles at Antonia. "I told him he couldn't eat the bandit."

He turns to Lerris and starts trying to quickly treat his wounds, but in the heat of battle his hands fumble with the tools, and he is ineffective.

OOC/mechanics

1 action: Command Shardik to attack (2 claw attacks) if the bandit isn't dead

1 action: Battle Medicine (failed but not crit failed - rolled on table)

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png

Although the battle is not yet over, Zakon does not step out of the woods to join the others, yet. Instead he barks a series of commands in a strange language and gestures towards the last remaining bandit. The dark sprite flies forward, becoming a smear across the scene as the light around it bends and gathers in its open palms. As it gets nearer, it hurls both balls of light toward the bandit but both splash harmlessly off of his leather armor leaving little more than scorch marks.

image.png.005942b0e5115d0b7dc21a83e3e1a8f0.png

OOC

Action 1: Command Sprite to Stride/Fly towards the last bandit

Action 2: Command Sprite to attack the Bandit with Luminous Spark (Result 12: Miss)

Action 3: Command Sprite to attack (again, at a penalty) the Bandit with Luminous Spark (Result 12: Miss)

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)

The brute joins Kressle in death as Antonia's blade pierces him. Meanwhile, Sija's blow throws the archer from the lookout tower, though he manages to catch the edge of the platform and hang on tenaciously even as she cuts at his hands. He even starts to pull himself up, blood frothing at his mouth and a mad determination to do harm in his eyes, when Lerris steps over Kressle's body, draws one of his throwing knives, and hurls it into the archer's chest, striking him under the armpit. The bandit's grip finally gives out, and he falls to the ground with a lifeless thud.

The sole remaining bandit, the distant archer who has proven utterly ineffective in this fight and who is convinced that the ghost of his old comrade Happs Byden has cursed him, throws down his bow and holds up his hands. "I surrender!" he cries. "I'll do whatever you want! Just spare me!"

It seems, then, that the fight is over. Kressle and all but one of the vicious killers under her command are dead. Only this one, frightened, surrendering soul remains.

Antonia.png.1c894b2d47bceebd582721c66eea058b.png Antonia Rullianus

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

Panache:  | Conditions: None

Antonia squats and uses the edge of the dead bandit's shirt to clean the blood off of her blade as she quirks her brow towards Verne. The wicked grin still showing on her lips, she responds, "Oh, my dear, go right ahead. Who am I to stand in the way of bliss? You'll just have to forgive me if I choose to turn my back to that particularly macabre display. You've proven that you're in control in that relationship of yours; so long as that adorably-terrifying bear mauls only the ones we are fighting and not -- let's say, me, for example -- then we are all friends here." The whites of her teeth show as her smile widens and she looks towards Shardik, "Hear that, darling? we are all friends here. Good good. Now. What to do with this not-so-gentlemanly-fellow here?" The fencer stands and moves towards the last remaining bandit, pointing the tip of her blade towards his chest. "I'd hate to go and bloody my blade again."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Intimidate (Demoralize)

Action 2 - I'm just going to keep my blade pointed at our new friend in case he tries to take off while the others decide what they want with him.

Action 3 -

Name
Intimidation
1d20+4 17

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Sija Bhatyani - Half-Elf Ranger 2

HP: 29/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions| Resources | Abilities | Skills

Sija walks back to the platform's ladder, doubled over in pain, and proceed to climb down grunting and cursing in Vudrani. She follows after Antonia first, making sure the bandit is fully disarmed and patting him down for any hidden tricks. Then she makes her way among the other fallen foes, checking to make sure there aren't any aspiring thespians among them, and that all will stay quite dead. She lays out their gear in the middle of the camp for all to peruse. "Anyone find anything in those tents, or some hidden cache of love letters from the stag king? Ah, kaanai this hurts." She says, sitting for a moment and pulling a poultice from her pouch. She cleans and tends her wounds, with much teeth-gritting and appropriate hissing. When she finishes she looks around at the others. "Anyone else need stitching up?" She moves toward Lerris, having seen him take a blow from the big ugly one.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Treat Wounds

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction:

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Elf Atavism (Darkvision)

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Treating myself
1d20+10 6
Amount healed
2d8 7,5
TW on Lerris
1d20+10 7
Amount healed
2d8 4,8

Zakon Malheur

Having fulfilled its end of the bargain, sort of, Zakon dismisses the dark sprite and approaches from behind the rest of the party while Antonia threatens their captive. "No need for bloodshed. He pledged obedience for life. A generous offer, but let's test his resolve...."

The bandit, approaching the group with his empty hands raised, pauses and gives Zakon a doubtful look. "Uh, wait, I wasn't signin' up for... " His eyes shift to Antonia and her blade and her dangerous eyes. "... Whatever you need, sir, ma'am. Yes ma'am. Yes sir."