Act 2, Part 1: Trouble at Oleg's

Kavonde

Antonia.png.446fd0f700762d828f60adffd3e4865b.pngAntonia Rullianus

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Panache: ✖️ | Conditions: None

Antonia stares at Micah as he responds with an expression like a parent listening to a toddler explain their day. "That's quite the story, dear. Maybe you can remember the mixture? I know plenty of individuals in Brevoy who could benefit from it. You see, some of the hairstyle choices of the noblemen over there -- well, let's just say it would be better if they were as bald as you are. I am so very flattered that you like my hair, but truly, it's much shorter than most women from my neck of the woods, as they say." She stroked a few fingers through her medium-length black hair and seemed to find a split end, which she stared at for the next long while with a bit of disappointment.

The comment from Lerris about Aroden earns a chuckle from the woman, "I wouldn't be so sure, darling. You've proven that you are -- at least, now -- an honorable sort of man. Unless you've got us all fooled, that is. And if you do, well, color me impressed." She gave the broad-chested man a wink and pat his chest a few times adoringly. Her attention was drawn to Happs as he explains his skills with the local flora and fauna. His words earn another short chuckle, "'Skinny behind?' You really think so?" She twisted her form so that her rear end was within sight and she attempted to get a good look at it. She gave it a little wiggle for good measure, "You surely know how to treat a woman, Happs. There's nothing better than being insulted and complimented in the same sentence." She puckered her lips in a faux-offended expression and finally faced her back end back where it belonged, behind her. "If you're so good with local herbs and such, I'm sure community service spent gathering and hunting would be beneficial for all of us and it'll keep your nose clean while this whole thing blows over. Something to consider, although I know little about court proceedings." She admitted with a shrug.

Sija words about her flash and lack of fire causes Antonia to give an exaggerated gasp. "All flash and no fire? I resent that. Look at me, I'm as hot as they come. How could you say I have no fire? I'll remind you that it was all of us who saved Lady Aldori from certain death. There is not a one amongst us who did not sweat or bleed towards that goal. You'll gain no friends talking like that, dear. It's a fool who speaks their judgement before seeing any evidence, don't you think? I'm sure the Judge would agree." She clicked her tongue and shook her head, the sure sign of disappointment. She nodded along with Thomas' words and a sly smirk slid across her lips. She was starting to really understand him, but figured she had a long way to go before she really got the meaning behind his words. His sarcasm and theatrical nature didn't make things easier, but certainly helped her like him more. If only he hadn't said that thing, they might have been friends. She finally looked back to Sija, "But, sure. I see no reason to deny allowing you to tag along and see yourself proved wrong. Just because our looks earn a smile from most does not mean we haven't carved a few smiles into those who wouldn't give them."

Mechanics

Following the recess, the trial is swift and largely uncontested.

Happs Byden, Micah Boatswain, and the two other bandits who surrendered (Fedro and Bron) all plead guilty. The one who tried to escape, Deniel, refuses to enter a plea or otherwise recognize the legitimacy of this court. The only statement he offers in his defense is, "You're all going to die screaming."

On the four defendants who plead guilty, Judge Malheur issues a fine equal to twice the value of what has been stolen from Oleg. He allows them to surrender any goods or stolen equipment on their persons to put towards the penalty, though the only item of any particular value between the four men is Happ's composite longbow, which he declines to surrender on the grounds that he'll need it for hunting and self-defense. They will be required to tbe present at Oleg's trading post on the second Starday of each month, barring absences previously arranged with Oleg himself, to make payments towards their fine; failure to do so will result in progressively harsher fines to be added to the total debt owed.

Zakon also issues them a letter for them to take to Restov and present to the Lord Mayor explaining the situation at Oleg's, the crimes to which they have confessed, and the punishment that has been assigned them. The letter does, however, vouch for their character, their assistance as informants, and their lack of involvement in the leadership structure of the Stag Lord's bandits.

On foot, the journey, which took the party four days via Sija's wagon, should take the bandits at least sixteen days on foot--eight days to Restov and eight days back, plus however much time is needed to arrange an audience with the Lord Mayor. Afterwords, they are to return to Oleg's outpost for assignment in new roles which will allow them to begin working off their debt.

Deniel's fate, however, still must be decided.

Meanwhile, supplies are gathered and plans are made to begin an expedition to the southwest, to find and confront the bandit leader Kressle and her followers at their camp along the Thorn River. In the morning, two groups will set out from the trading post: one to Restov, and one into the Narlmarches. Olenna prepares you all a hearty meal of fresh fruit, sausages, fresh fish and rice, and Oleg--with some reluctance--offers to provide any basic supplies the heroes think they might need for this confrontation. Tomorrow, the campaign to claim the Greenbelt truly begins.

image.png.47328d8802db5477e2a035cf447001bf.png

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7
Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

Zakon heard both sides' statements before his ruling. It all went fairly straightforwardly except for Deniel. The man's refusal to enter a plea and his threatening statement towards the court suggested a lack of remorse and a potential for future violent behavior. This posed a danger to society and indicated that he was unlikely to respond to lesser forms of punishment. As a result, a more severe sentence was necessary. 

"Having heard the evidence presented, and this defendant's refusal to recognize the authority of this court or accept responsibility for their actions, I find Deniel guilty of all charges. His threat towards this court and the community we serve cannot be taken lightly and must be punished accordingly. Therefore, I sentence Deniel to imprisonment for a period of three years - one for each count of banditry." 

Zakon's eyes are locked on Deniels, who might challenge or object to the ruling. He looked sorry for the man whose petulance would cost him three years of his life, rather than sixteen days. The details of the imprisonment could be worked out. With Oleg's help, they could keep the man manacled and harmless until officials from Restov could arrive to collect him. Happs and the others could deliver the forms to request transportation of the prisoner to a proper dungeon. Oleg would, of course, be compensated for the necessary inconvenience, which would help speed along the collection.

Narlmarches01.png.5ed039dbf333f19bca92e56e572a737e.pngToilday, 10 Pharast, 4702 AR

As the sun rises the next day, a light fog rises over the plains that's dispersed not long after by a steady, gentle rain.

The group has a plan: disguise themselves and Sija's wagon as belonging to naive merchants who have managed to stray from the roads and into the Narlmarches. Of course, without roads, it's slow going; as they leave the open grassland and enter the ancient forest, mud, tree roots, and other obstacles slow their progress so much that they might actually cover more ground on foot. They barely cover twelve miles by the time the sun starts to dip below the horizon. The party establishes a campsite in a serviceable spot that Verne identifies.

The night passes calmly, with no threats emerging to try and waylay the adventurers. The forest is rich with wildlife, and those experienced with woodcraft recognize the usual sounds: hooting owls, growling bears, chittering squirrels and so on.

Wealday, 11 Pharast, 4702 AR

The next day, the party decides to take the time to explore their surroundings thoroughly.

The forest is old and tangled, and without the guidance of Sija and Verne, it would be nearly impossible to avoid getting lost. About halfway through the day, though, they come across something odd: an arrowhead-shaped clearing, in which grows a patch of what Verne immediately identifies as "moon radishes," a particularly delicious vegetable. And sprawled amidst the radish patch are four kobolds with charcoal-black scales, snoring quietly, their stomachs so full that they're slightly distended. Mounds of crumbs and a few mostly-eaten radishes tell the tale; these kobolds have clearly gorged themselves to excess on moon radishes, and are now sleeping their feast off.

OOC

If folks want to interact with these dangerous, radish-crazed maniacs, let me know! I'll start a little side thread for it. But in the interest of moving things along...

Once the group returns to their campsite and settles in, the next night passes uneventfully as well. Come morning, the group packs up their things and prepares to move southwest to the Thorn River and Kressle's bandit outpost.

Oathday, 12 Pharast, 4702 AR

The sky remains clear as they travel, the temperature rising to a comfortable 60*F by noon. The thick and untamed forest still makes travel extremely difficult, however, and by late afternoon, the group has barely crossed into bandit territory. The location of the Thorn River camp, though still distant, is obvious; the smoke from multiple campfires rises into the sky, with the bandits clearly making no effort to hide their presence.

If the group presses straight on, they can arrive at the camp just after nightfall. However, they'll need to be wary of any traps, lookouts, or ambushers along the way. Alternatively, they could make camp for the night, and then enact their plan to coax the bandits out of their lair to try and rob some hapless and very lost merchants. Of course, they could always decide to try and reconnoiter the camp or the surrounding area to try and learn more information.

What will they choose to do?

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

As the group discusses their next steps, Zakon is uncharacteristically reserved, preferring to hear out other ideas and see how his companions approach such a dangerous situation. This sort of thing is well outside of his area of expertise but he hopes to offer some assistance, regardless of the approach that is decided upon. Having the whole group scout out the area sounds like it would be a disaster, of course, so unless one or more of them volunteer to scouting ahead while the others make camp, it seemed like their decision came down to whether to strike at night or the next morning. Making camp would be his preference, initially, as they would be better rested and it would give them time to discuss their plan, strategize, and prepare in the morning. He was curious, however, if the others who had more experience with these matters had other suggestions.

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Sija Bhatyani - Half-Elf Ranger 2

HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions-None| ResourcesInfused Items:
-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:
-1 PC affixed to dandpatta

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine
| Skills*Acrobatics: +5
*Arcana: +5
*Athletics: +8
Crafting: +1
Deception: +0
Diplomacy: +0
*Herbalism Lore: +5
Intimidate: +0
*Medicine: +6
**Nature: +8
*Occultism: +5
Performance: +0
*Religion: +6
Society: +1
*Stealth: +5
*Survival: +6
Thievery: +1

*Trained | **Expert | ***Master

"Well then. I'm six times the fool for thinking there were roads this way. Eh? Let's make camp for the night and I'll brew a pot of tea." She makes her way around and looks for good angles in the ground to help hide their camp, and good points to watch for bandits. The wagon may be a bit tricky to conceal, but it's not impossible with all the thick undergrowth and rough terrain.

"A few of us can see in the dark... I might want to take an stroll, take in the evening air tonight." She pauses, "All these bandits were humans, right?" She says, proposing a few of them engage in a scouting expedition during the night. Hopefully there will be time to rest in the morning.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: None, yet

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Elf Atavism (Darkvision)

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Name
Hide the camp!
1d20+6 16

image.png.4c4b77ae102cad34c4f41a5c079e932f.pngLerris Ninthborne

health-normal.svgHP: 32/32 |checked-shield.svg AC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: + 5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Hero: 1 | Languages: Common (Taldane), Hallit, Skald

"I don't think we got the specifics on that from Happs and his. But just based that... err what's the term judge?" Lerris turned to the Judge, expecting a little bit of help, but after a few moments of blank staring he spoke again. "Right, focus group, I'd say most are human. That's usually how it goes anyhow."

Lerris ran a hand through his hair, thinking on the next encounter to come. Despite how he may look, he was used to thinking out his problems. The only bandit who survived long was the clever. Of course the real clever ones weren't bandits for long and Lerris supposed he only really survived on account of luck and his strong neck. But he chose to ignore that for the sake of his minimal self-confidence. 

"I think this thing with the fake merchant has legs. And I think I could be mighty convincing guard. Thinking about it I am getting to that age were most reasonable sellswords just start guarding caravans..." He rubbed at his chin. As if seriously considering the prospect of entering into the semi-retirement of being an overpaid guard. But then he shook his head out of it.

"But I was thinking. Maybe we could consider a bit of more outright diplomatic approach. Think I'm using that word right." Lerris spoke idly. His thoughts had crossed back to something he had never heard outright, but remembered nonetheless. No lies, no cheating. "I think we proved well enough back at Oleg's place that the approach works. Was quicker and benefited us more even then pulling swords or hatching some cockadoodle plan... not to say this one is of course. Just, seems to me like the best way of dealing Stag Lord isn't gonna be putting all his goons to the sword. Rather, making all those goons point a sword at him."

"Though, and also, I do think we need more info. Scout the place out a bit. Both the terrain and the people. Right now we're putting ourselves on the line without knowing if there's sturgeon or shark biting. Ought to know what we're dealing with. Course we can't be having all of us trouncing through the woods, would need to be just couple who can get in and out." Lerris ran another hand through his air, eyes idly off in the distance as he spoke absentmindedly. Then his cheeks colours as an expression of embarrassment ran across his face. He tusseled his hair again, this time putting on a sheepish and sorry grin. "Apologies, ran my mouth a bit there. Know I'm not exactly the ideas guy here, just my two copper."

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

The first night in the wood, before they find the radish patch, Thomas wakes early with a cry. He starts to pack his things, anger and fear and determination warring for room on his face. Æthelflæd speaks in hushed tones with him three separate times before he calms down, looks thoughtful, and with great reluctance puts back some of the things he'd thrown into his pack. He's gloomy and wistful for the rest of the trip, though the warmer weather and pleasant smells of peat soil and green growing things eventually make brooding difficult for him.

Æthelflæd is unusually sympathetic, and keeps themself between Thomas and the rest. "There is a fae lady who minds this land, though I know not if she holds a court," they say, voice politely low, as if Thomas can not hear them if they speak at slightly less than a conversational volume. They seem delighted by the prospect, in a restrained way. They very much hope she does, their tone says. "She watches us. Or, at least, she watches him. You chatter on about your human laws, but the First Law sits on these lands."

Thomas snorts, and turns away, and does not wipe the scowl from his pretty face until the discussion of strategy is in full bloom, and even then, he's roused primarily by the opportunity to point out a flaw.

"I'll lend ye Æthelflæd tae scout, which means I'll be olbiged tae tramp along behind. Een like an owl on'em. But the rest... 'tis a bampot idea. Whit merchant'd drive a wagon hither? O'er hill an' lack o' road, tae sell... whit, lumber tae beavers? Yer aff yer heids if ye think any bandit worthy o'th'name'd fall fer that. Ye need another layer, like. A merchant, nay. A noble disguised as a merchant, an' none tae well, that's th'ticket.  Just well enough they'll pat themselves on th'back seein' through it. On th'run, or headed tae some secret meetin'."

OOC/mechanics

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Through their travels, Antonia did as she had before during their trek to Oleg's. She takes every opportunity and stop to slip away from the group to handle various bits of business, whether biological or otherwise. The rest of the actual trip she spent checking her makeup or idly fiddling with a trinket of some sort. One might have gotten the sense that she did not do well with sitting still for long periods of time. "Are we there yet?" She asked more than once, most likely to the annoyance of the others. But it does not seem to keep her from asking again, and again. At times she would question the others about the nature surrounding them and the creatures that resided within, which might also give the sense that she was a city girl who hadn't spent much time outside their protective walls. "You hear that bird call? What is that? Is it even a bird? Odd."

The encounter with the sleeping Kobolds did little to spark the woman's interest, although she does question if the creatures that slept amongst the radishes were 'small lizard people'. She is curious about their nature up until the point that someone points out that they are in fact Kobolds, which seems to cause her to lose interest. "Unless there is value in these 'moon radishes', I say we press on. No one has ever founded a kingdom from being distracted."

Finally, they could see the bandit camp looming in the distance. She kept her eyes trained on the rising smoke, as if assessing all possible entrances from afar. "If we are to scout in the night, consider me a participant. Sneaking out of my home estate to get myself into trouble has given me a bit of a proclivity for stealth. I'd be more than happy to join on this mission. Otherwise, if we do intend to put on a ruse of sorts, I have talents in such as well. One must put on a show if they wish to attain noble status, after all, and my parents have done their fair share to teach me such showy displays. Just tell me what you wish me to be, and I shall be it." She said with pride. Although, internally, the Fencer knew she was far more skilled with assuming such a role than she let on, she decided it best to keep that skill mostly under wraps until a time that it was needed more desperately. "I merely need a bit of time to get into character, as they say." She let out a practiced and reserved laugh. "I think what Thomas is saying here has a bit of merit to it. Adding layers to a character is always best when attempting to take on such a role -- after all, people are, by nature, multi-faceted."

Mechanics

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak| HP: 24/24 | AC: 19 | Fort: +5  Ref: +6  Will: +10  Perception: +8 | Hero Points: 2/3 | Spell SlotsDruid 1: 2/2

Shardik | HP: 26/26 | AC: 19 | Fort: +6  Ref: +6  Will: +5  Perception: +5spacer.png

As before, Verne spends the journey riding up front with Sija, or laying atop the carriage, while Shardik sleeps underneath a seat within.  As they come to a stop, Shardik's head appears in the window, sniffing curiously at the distant smoke.

Laying atop the carriage, Verne's head pops into view.  He says, "Don't worry, Lerris, you have good ideas.  But I think Shardik and I should probably stay here with the wagon. 

As for the merchant plan, I'm not sure.  I don't understand why you are all so squeamish about death, you do know we all die eventually, right? Don't you worry that if we just kill the bandit leaders and let all the others pretend they were forced into banditry, and go back into society, we're just creating a crime problem for the kingdom later?  And a group in society that will happily join up with the next bandit lord to come along?  Back in my tribe, if someone took something that wasn't theirs, we cast them out, to survive in the ice on their own, which nobody can.  If they hurt or killed someone, we stoned them.  We didn't worry about redemption, redemption would be for their next life.  Though there was sometimes forgiveness, and what you'd call a pardon, only the victim could offer it."

Edited by PlotDevice (see edit history)

Oathday, 12 Pharast, 4702 AR - Evening

While there remains some debate as to whether to continue with the fake merchant plan, one thing is agreed upon: the bandit camp should be scouted in advance. Sija, Antonia, Thomas and Æthelflæd, being the three members of the party trained at moving stealthily and the one member who can see in the dark, volunteer for the mission.

Meanwhile, Verne, Lerris, and Zakon (and, of course, Shardik) prepare the group's campsite. With the sun setting, it's difficult to find a decent site, but Lerris' old life as a bandit comes in handy--he points out a potential site that Verne missed--a small, natural cave near a stream bed--and they agree that it's likely the best spot they're going to find. Once the camp is established, Verne attempts to forage some food, but his run of bad luck continues and he returns to camp empty-handed. Lerris tries to prepare some of the party's field rations in an appetizing way, but the meal comes out rather bland and tasteless.

Zakon, meanwhile, keeps watch on the perimeter and plots out how the night's shifts will go, considering that the stealth team will likely need a full night's sleep by the time they return.

Fireday, 13 Pharast, 4702 AR - Evening

Moving through the night, lit only by a waning crescent moon, it takes nearly four hours for the group to reach the Thorn River bandit camp. They arrive as the moon is nearing it's zenith, which will mark the beginning of a new day... and a perhaps ominous one. It will be Fireday the 13th.

Fortunately, Desna smiles upon them where she frowned upon their companions. Their efforts to scout the bandit camp go off without a hitch, and their enemies never even realize they were there.

Between them, they learn the following:

The camp itself is not obviously fortified; there are no palisades, no wagons or crates lined up to provide cover, no artificial chokepoints to funnel enemies into. The camp seems to consist only of pair of 20' tall wooden watch towers and an old wagon, divided by a small stream that flows southwest into the much larger Thorn River. East of the river, there is a large campfire, around which two bandits are asleep on their bedrolls, and an area beneath the eastern watch tower that's been marked off with rope with cloth sheets to make a private enclosure around it. West of the stream are the wagon and a second watchtower, along with a smaller campfire that has burned out recently; only a thin tendril of smoke rises from it. Two more bandits are asleep near the wagon.

Our heroes also spot lookouts atop each of the watchtowers, east and west, only visible thanks to their silhouettes against the waning moon.

With the lookouts, there are six bandits present in the camp. Three of them seem to be archers, three of them seem to be melee-oriented brutes. It can be concluded that, secluded behind in behind the eastern tower in what is clearly "her" part of the camp, is their leader: Kressle, the woman with the hatchets.

The camp was obviously laid out with more people in mind. At least one more person on watch would be needed to properly cover all the approaches, and the area near the burnt-out bonfire shows signs of prior habitation. This must be where Happs and his allegedly less violent men bedded down, as far from Kressle and her crew as they could manage.

After a couple of hours of scouting, and just after midnight, the group finally decides they've seen all they're going to and begins the trek back to camp.

Sunrise isn't far off by the time Sija, Antonia, Thomas, and Æthelflæd find their way into the group's campsite. After a long day of travel and a long night of scouting, the four of them are all fatigued and in need of food and rest.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

Before the group left to scout ahead, Zakon had taken note of what Æthelflæd had said about the First Laws. While Zakon would not consider himself an expert on Fey, their Laws were an area that he had more familiarity than most. He could conjure fey, himself, by taking advantage of ancient pacts that were honored to this day. "If a Fae Lady minds these lands, we must introduce ourselves to her, properly. Perhaps you could help me honor these traditions?" Zakon glanced towards Thomas, who Æthelflæd suggested was of interest to the Lady, but Zakon was not making this request of Thomas. He was making this request of Æthelflæd.

Later, when the group returned to camp, Zakon greeted them with the others who had tents, wagons, and food prepared. They quickly debriefed while they ate and Zakon took more notes than strictly necessary. 

HP: 32/32 | AC: 18 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +7 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5 

Conditions-Fatigued?| ResourcesInfused Items:
-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine

Yawning rather widely, Sija walks back into camp with the first glimmers of light to the east, her feet dragging in the dirt a bit. "Well, I'm heading to my wagon. Don't wake me unless the wagon's on fire. Then maybe we can go stab those devils before dinner."

After a good rest she emerges, hair in a bit of a tangle, and sits down with the others to plan their assault. Because surely this time it will end in bloodshed, and better to catch the enemy by surprise than throw it away on a fool's chance of parlay. "The wagon will surely draw them out, but it's out of place here and they'll be suspicious. Instead, Antonia could play a damsel on the run, run along the edge of the wood, dressed in white, with Lerris chasing after. Let them see you disappear into the woods. If they give chase, they might be less organized than sneaking up on a wagon that doesn't belong. My other idea is setting fire to part of their camp as a distraction, then trying to burn the watchtowers while they're distracted. Fire is a many-splendored thing. Very cleansing." She discusses all this while sipping her tea, looking like a middle-aged mother discussing the quality of the schools or the price of eggs at the market.

OOC/Actions

Other: Sleep!

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

Upon their return from scouting, Antonia joined back up with their party looking weary and unrested. Her makeup could only do so much to hide the dark circles that had formed beneath her eyes. She subconsciously mimicked the yawn from Sija and nodded at the woman's words. "She makes a fine point. Sleepy time! I'll be in my tent. Do try and keep it down, hmm?" At the others' insistence, she did remain for a while longer to assist with the debriefing. Before long, the Fencer disappeared into her small tent and enjoyed a deep and dreamless sleep.

A little over nine hours later, she emerged from her tent and stood to her full height with her arms outstretched above her. She continued the light stretching while talking to activate her muscles and ensure she wouldn't get too sore from all the walking. "You know, I really like Sija's idea. Although, I'm not sure that I would be able to provide a damsel's attire in white. the best I can offer is to remove my jacket and un-tuck my blouse, if only to be more visible. As for the role of Damsel in Distress, I am quite capable of the performance and, honestly, welcome the opportunity. Better to draw them out than attack their position, even if it does not appear to be fully fortified. However, if we wish to avoid splitting up too much, we could certainly set up a bit of an ambush. As we said just last night, there are not enough dastardly ne'er-do-wells to cover all sides of the camp. A few of us -- the more stealthy amongst us -- could certainly approach quietly in the night and take advantage of that oversight. The best case scenario would be to silently dispatch the watchers atop their silly little towers and use it as high ground for the ambush. That method may be risky, though." She pondered the possible routes in which they might assault the camp, attempting to recall any other things of interest that might help them gain the advantage. Surely they could handle this issue without all of the skullduggery, but why not take the easy route, if it is an option?

Mechanics

HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions-None| ResourcesInfused Items:
-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine

Glad Antonia seems up for the plan, Sija reaches into her shirt amd fiddles woth something. "I don't think we'll be far when you lead them into our ambush, but it's never good to be completely unarmed." She pulls a long, slender blade in a sheath out from her cleavage and holds it out to the younger woman. "They won't see this one until it's too late. And you'll look like a innocent, defenseless lamb without that sword on your hip."

OOC/Actions

Other: Offer Corset Knife

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)