Concept: Pugilistic Pilgrim of Aku, the Spirit of Mischief

Trouble: Reckless & Loyal Beyond Compare

Aspect: Righteous Youth Seeking Glory

Aspect: No Mercy; But No Cruelty

(+4) Athletics

(+3) Empathy, Fight

(+2) Notice, Investigate, Stealth

(+1) Rapport, Provoke, Physique, Will

Discipline: BlinkYou have mastered the art of teleportation. You can teleport to a location that you know well or can see (Athletics). Destinations that are farther away and/or not as well known to the caster call for higher difficulties. You can also teleport other beings and objects to your location or a location near you (Provoke/Empathy) and open portals (Empathy).

Discipline: SightYou have mastered control over what you see and perceive. You can uncover hidden secrets (Investigate) and discern illusions from reality (Empathy). You can also look or listen in on places, people, or objects that you know well, no matter the distance (Empathy). These spells should increase in difficulty due to a lack of familiarity with the target and greater distances.

Stunt: Never BrokenYou gain a -8 physical consequence which recovers in the same way a -2 consequence does. (Fate System Toolkit, p.95)

Stunt: Phantom StanceYou are adept at bobbing and weaving and phasing through attacks in such a manner that puts you in a more advantageous position to counterattack.

When you succeed in a defensive Athletics roll using this technique, you gain +1 on your next attack against the opponent or tried to hit you. If you succeed with style, gain +2.

Original Stunt:

The Drunkard’s Stagger. You sway and stagger on your feet, evading enemy blows seemingly by chance. When you succeed in a defensive Athletics roll using this technique, you gain +1 on your next attack against the opponent who tried to hit you. If you succeed with style, gain +2. (Fate System Toolkit, p.150)

Stunt: StuntStunt

Body: ( 4 / 4 )

Mind: ( 4 / 4 )

Fate: ( 1 / 2 )

[2] Mild

[4] Moderate

[6] Severe

[8] Physical

spacer.png

"Huh.." Vahn hadn't more to add as far as Myria's magick went. It was, by far, one of the most esoteric arts that he had ever heard of. His mind worked at the horror one would have, their own blade betraying them.. whole swathes of swordsmen cutting themselves down in a flash. Vahn shook the horror from his mind as Markus addressed him, gladdened by the distraction.

"Pardon?;.. Ah, well, I wouldn't call it a gimmick.." the pugilist gave his jaw a scratch.

"I am Spirit Pilgrim and share a bond with Aku, Spirit of the Fox-" there was, in that moment, a faint jingle of small bells with no obvious source "-through Aku, I am able to bend the laws of space, with body and sight; I can see what needs to be found and move unhindered no matter the obstacle or distance," Vahn described the two disciplines that, to even a layman of the arts, would recognize as Divination and Teleportation.

As for the bit about being a Spirit Pilgrim..

..that required a moderate-to-intimate knowledge regarding some of the more unusual forms of divine ceremonies.

Vahn made a short gesture to draw Myria's attention as he stood between the two women.

"Myria, I would avoid meddling with Olenna's weapon; at least while we're within the tower.." he hadn't seen either in action just yet, but Vahn had always had a good read on people and their ability in combat. He didn't know how he knew; he just.. knew. It had something to do with the posture. Warriors just had a universal confidence, a glint in the eye. Myria had loads of glint. Olenna, on the other hand, was more posture than glint.. and even that was hard to read, which was even more cause for concern. It was difficult to hide greatness, and some had a knack for it.

Vahn turned to Markus, discarding his concerns about getting impaled by a wayward sword.

"Will you be mapping the path now that we've managed a way through, or will you wait until after all is said and done?" a cartographer's mind was an interesting one. It took a particular kind of person to see and put to sheet the World at large in such a way that even a novice might divine "I could assist you, if need be; the gift of sight has helped us avoid the goblin dens thus far."

As you approach the rotting timbers that frame the large gap in the hillside, the evidence of recent activity becomes apparent. There are fresh tracks leading inside - a group of four, maybe five. The mines are typically frequented by smaller parties to avoid alerting the guardian.

Scene: Mines of Sisyphus

You have entered the mines. The guardian cannot reach this area.

Markus carries vials of Murena PoisonBrewed from the poisonous flesh of a serpentlike fish. Not effective against giants, elementals, or undead. You have two free invokes on this aspect..
Myria has a pouch of Blinding PowderA pouch tightly bound with cord, fit to burst. Filled with powdered glass, sand, or even metal shavings, it can be slung at your enemy. You have one free invoke on this aspect. and she Robbed a MerchantYou roughed up a crooked merchant and stole his goods. He totally had it coming, but you'll still have to lie low for a while. I have one free invoke on this aspect. It lasts for one full quest after The Beating Heart. back in the market.
Olenna has a flask of Blue HasteThis liquor has a sharp and fruity flavor. Consume to gain +1 boost to any physical action. and a dingy bottle labeled Universal Solvent"Dissolves any adhesive, softening even the hardest Materials!"
"Loosens stiff Joints and lightens Heavy limbs!"
"Guaranteed Safe and Effective!"

A dubious cure for petrification.
Vahn has seen Spirit VisionsVahn's farsight has granted him vague and blurred visions of the gemstone mines. You have one free invoke on this aspect. but Aku Demands TributeYour mischievous patron desires sparkling tribute befitting its status. I have one free invoke on this aspect. in return.

I have four fate points left in this scene and a boost called Sleeptooth Poisoning.

Foul-Smelling Passage

Narrow Ledge, Slippery Footing
Open Chasm, Dimly Lit
Giant Bat Colony

Main Gallery

Exit to Surface
Large Cavern, Dimly Lit
Mining Supplies

Cramped Tunnels

Pitch Black
Twists and Turns
Dry Heat, Dirt Mounds

Stepping through the entrance, you find yourself in a cavernous hall. The ceiling stretches high above, supported by two massive stone columns that add an imposing presence to the space. The sunlight behind you casts a muted glow that illuminates the chamber. The air carries the scent of wood, earth, and the faint tang of minerals. 

The passages leading deeper into the mines are too small for the guardian to wander through, so the Guild has set aside one section of this chamber for storage and preparation. Crates, sacks, barrels, and casks are all haphazardly arranged, holding provisions and supplies. A rack displays an assortment of tools - rows of picks and shovels stand ready for excavation work, their handles worn from use, and crude ladders lean against the wall.

Exploration 

This scene offers the party multiple zones to choose from and explore further. Toggle the spoiler above for more details!

Vahn

Ranked: Bronze ( 0 / 7 )

(+4) Athletics

(+3) Empathy, Fight

Discipline: BlinkYou have mastered the art of teleportation. You can teleport to a location that you know well or can see (Athletics). Destinations that are farther away and/or not as well known to the caster call for higher difficulties. You can also teleport other beings and objects to your location or a location near you (Provoke/Empathy) and open portals (Empathy).

Discipline: SightYou have mastered control over what you see and perceive. You can uncover hidden secrets (Investigate) and discern illusions from reality (Empathy). You can also look or listen in on places, people, or objects that you know well, no matter the distance (Empathy). These spells should increase in difficulty due to a lack of familiarity with the target and greater distances.

Stunt: Never BrokenYou gain a -8 physical consequence which recovers in the same way a -2 consequence does. (Fate System Toolkit, p.95)

Stunt: Phantom StanceYou are adept at bobbing and weaving and phasing through attacks in such a manner that puts you in a more advantageous position to counterattack.

When you succeed in a defensive Athletics roll using this technique, you gain +1 on your next attack against the opponent or tried to hit you. If you succeed with style, gain +2.

Original Stunt:

The Drunkard’s Stagger. You sway and stagger on your feet, evading enemy blows seemingly by chance. When you succeed in a defensive Athletics roll using this technique, you gain +1 on your next attack against the opponent who tried to hit you. If you succeed with style, gain +2. (Fate System Toolkit, p.150)

[2] Mild

[4] Moderate

[6] Severe

[8] Physical

spacer.png

"A curious place.." Vahn had never entered a mine before, though he wasn't convinced they were all so grandiose; there was something about the tower that seemed to make things appear more mythical than their usual counterparts, as though what ever it was that made the tower had fashioned it after ancient historical texts. Not that he had much of a mind for those, either.

"Either path will present a problem.." declared the pugilist, as much for himself as for the others.

"..though perhaps a cramped passage in utter darkness is better than one who promises a steep fall to a misplaced foot," Vahn thumbed the Cramped Tunnels, then went over to where the guild left supplies. Perhaps there was a lantern or some such, a source of light for all to see. He wouldn't need it himself, but extending the gift of sight to others was a difficult task. One he couid manage, but all four?;.. that was asking for trouble..

..Vahn sighed, recalling the words of his spirit; it always had an eye for things small and glittering. When would it learn..

Edited by Kaymithe (see edit history)

Markus

Concept 

Cartographer

Trouble 

People pick fights with me

Aspect 

Quiver of Tricks

Aspect 

In search of FFF (Fame, Fortune, oh and Father)

FATE  💛💛💛

REFRESH 3undefined

SKILLS

(+4) Craft
(+3) Shoot, Notice
(+2) Lore, Athletics, Deceive
(+1) Investigate, Resources, Contacts, Rapport

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️

MIND  💙💙💙

Guild Reputation: Iron 

Stunts

Walking Bestiary "I know what that is, I practically wrote the book on it!" +2 to all lore rolls related to monsters and beasts.

Flash ShotWhen using flash arrows to create an advantage, Markus gains an additional invoke of the 'Blinded' aspect upon success against the affected targets.

Angle of AdvantageBeing able to judge distances precisely, Markus gains a +2 to shoot when he is on the 'High Ground'.

Items

BowAn ornate bow that looks well upkept.

Large SatchelHolds a selection of books, scrolls and other things people deem unnecessary to bring on adventures.

rope and grappleStandard climbing gear that can be used in combination with the bow to rappel certain obstacles

Contacts

Apollo LibraryHigher levels of reputation with the Apollo Library allow one to call upon various benefits.

markus.png.b9e7e5961383a1ef633100837b025bb3.png"How I envy your ability to see what can't be seen and go wherever you want. You can probably imagine how invaluable that would be for someone like me." Markus responded to Vahn. His interest in the pilgrim grew tremendously.

"Well, we've got some general maps that the miners would use when they come in here. I'll keep track of our path so we need not worry about getting lost. However, the dangerous branches in the mine are unmapped, that's when I really come in and do some work."

"I'm sure the mining guild will pay a fortune to find out what resources are down there. Say, are you able to find gems and such with your ability too?" He asked with excitement, quickly forgetting the main reason they'd come here for.

Markus looks through the mining supplies for a light source, preferably lanterns with a shade that they could adjust to lower the light so as not to make themselves a giant beacon for the cyclops.

Looking at the two paths available, Markus thinks it would be a better idea to take the foul-smelling passage, "though the footing is more treacherous in some parts, at least we'll be able to fight with more ease out in the open as opposed to the cramped tunnels don't you think?" He remarked.

Myria of Blades

High Concept: Warrior of Qi and Swords
Trouble: Spoiling For a Fight
Aspect: Sheath of Many Swords
Aspect: Well-Connected Mercenary

Story Detail: Can Sense Through Swords

Situational: Blinding Powder (x1), Robbed a Merchant (x1)

• [2] ---
  • [4] ---
  • [6] ---

Bronze Rank Climber: 0/7

(+4) Fight
(+3) Provoke, Shoot
(+2) Physique, Notice, Will
(+1) Athletics, Crafts, Contacts, Resources

Body: 4/4
Mind: 4/4
Fate: 0/1

Parry Everything: Your hand-eye coordination is superb, and perhaps you could even deflect a bullet with your weapon. You may use Fight to defend against Shoot attacks.

Army on the Edge of My Blade: You take no penalty—and grant no bonus—for being outnumbered, no matter how preposterous the numbers.

Riposte: If you succeed with style on a Fight defense, you can choose to inflict a 2-shift hit rather than take a boost.

Animator: When you animate something, your animation now starts with one skill at Average (+1) and a 1-point stress box. You can also exchange any free invokes received for both a skill at Average (+1) and a 1- point stress box for your animated being. If an animated being has multiple skills at Average (+1), they can be combined to increase their power, as can stress boxes. So, if you exchange two free invokes, you can receive one Skill at Fair (+2) or two skills at Average (+1), along with one 2-point stress box or two 1- point stress boxes.

In Tandem: When someone targets your animated creature with a physical attack, and you and your animated creature are in the same zone, you may defend against that attack in place of your animated creature.

spacer.png"Mrm... I can do eight right now, but that's full control--- I could probably do more if it's just haphazard motions, and I'm always trying to improve myself!" she said, in answer to Map Guy's query.

Myria answered Rapier Girl's daring glare with a mischievous, wide grin, and almost did it again, but with Fist Guy's elaboration of his nifty tricks and his warning, she figured she could cut her irate fellow swordswoman some slack; she could always mess with her on the way back. But Fist Guy's 'gimmick', as Map Guy called it... seeing and moving like no other, huh? She wondered if she could catch him in battle, how many swords it would take to fence him in.

But enough about having fun with her companions, for now. It seemed they have come upon a fork on the road, and a choice to be made. An open area but with a dreadful smell and an even dreadful fall... while the other was a tunnel network that skimped on space and light.

"Mrm... I'm pretty good, but the second path definitely narrows my options. I should learn how to fight blind sometime..." she babbled. "So, yeah, I agree with Map Guy! My swords like the space and if we fall off I could snag some of you with them--- well, there might be some cuts, though, haha~"

Olenna Griffon

FP: OX

HIGH CONCEPT: The Young and Passionate Duelist of the Eastern Circle

TROUBLE: The cure to petrification is in the tower, somewhere.. 

ASPECT: The Legendary Charged Rapier 

SKILLS

• +4 Deceive
  • +3 Fight, Will 
  • +2 Shoot, Athletics, Empathy 
  • +1 Rapport, Provoke, Resources, Crafts

STRESS  P: OOO M: OOO OO

[2: ] [4:  ] [6:  ] 

STUNTS: Remaining Refresh 2/3

Acrobatic Movement: Due to Olenna gains a +2 to Overcome Actions regarding Movement using the Athletics Skill. 

Evasion: Olenna has an amazing ability to remain unharmed when caught within the blast radius of an explosion. +2 to defend with Athletics against area attacks.

Song of Storms: When Olenna is weilding the Charged Rapier Once per engagement she is able to swing her sword towards the sky and create a "Thunder Storm" Aspect on the zone with one free invoke. This storm lasts until the end of the engagement or until it is narratively overcome. 

Lighting Dance: When Olenna is wielding the Charged Rapier she gains a +2 to all melee based defense actions using Fight. 

Magnetic Attraction:  The Charged Rapier is extremely dangerous against Metal Objects and when used against something metal gain a +2 Weapon Value upon successful attacks. 

spacer.png

Seeing Myria's grin made it clear that this wouldn't be their last run in. Thinking to herself, We will eventually cross swords but for now I must learn her weakness. Olenna knew not to take Myria's abilities lightly and when this engagement did happen it would be important to make sure that she was ready for the duel. 

Olenna quickly shifted her thoughts.. keeping herself in this kind of mood could potentially hold down the team. It was imperative to keep the boys as allies throughout this request. 

Olenna would instantly shift back into her normal bubbly self, " Maybe the open chasm is the best route for our party dynamic." Olenna would begin to kick some of the loose rocks that were standing beside her in order to clear space incase something or someone were to appear while the team decided. 

You have entered the Foul-Smelling Passage, following a Dimly Lit and Narrow Ledge with Slippery Footing leading around the Open Chasm. The guardian cannot reach this area, and a colony of Giant Bats have claimed it for themselves. 

Markus carries vials of Murena PoisonBrewed from the poisonous flesh of a serpentlike fish. Not effective against giants, elementals, or undead. You have two free invokes on this aspect..
Myria has a pouch of Blinding PowderA pouch tightly bound with cord, fit to burst. Filled with powdered glass, sand, or even metal shavings, it can be slung at your enemy. You have one free invoke on this aspect. and she Robbed a MerchantYou roughed up a crooked merchant and stole his goods. He totally had it coming, but you'll still have to lie low for a while. I have one free invoke on this aspect. It lasts for one full quest after The Beating Heart. back in the market.
Olenna has a flask of Blue HasteThis liquor has a sharp and fruity flavor. Consume to gain +1 boost to any physical action. and a dingy bottle labeled Universal Solvent"Dissolves any adhesive, softening even the hardest Materials!"

Vahn has seen Spirit VisionsVahn's farsight has granted him vague and blurred visions of the gemstone mines. You have one free invoke on this aspect. but Aku Demands TributeYour mischievous patron desires sparkling tribute befitting its status. I have one free invoke on this aspect. in return.

I have four fate points left in this scene and a boost called Sleeptooth Poisoning.

The passage widens, revealing a vast expanse only partially lit by sunlight filtering through cracks and fissures in the ceiling, its depths shrouded in darkness. Above you comes the fluttering of leathery wings, from creatures clinging to the stalactites or flitting between perches. The cavern is their domain, and they follow your every move with beady eyes, their screeches echoing throughout.

A narrow ledge along the rim is covered in some whitish substance, its surface slick and uneven, and a foul smell assaults your senses. Loose rocks threaten to give way beneath your weight, adding to the difficulty of advancing.

Deeper into the Mines 

Each adventurer must test to overcome Athletics +2 to progress without complication.

Contest: Warding off the Bats  

Choose someone to shoo away your newfound friends. Each round your leader rolls for both sides, testing Provoke to overcome their Will +2. Other party members may provide teamwork with Provoke or create advantages. Continue rounds until one side wins - whoever achieves three 'victories' first.

Edited by Fiffin (see edit history)

Vahn

(+4) Athletics

(+3) Empathy, Fight

Original Stunt:

[2] Mild

[4] Moderate

[6] Severe

[8] Physical

spacer.png

Daunted yet undeterred, Vahn sighed at the sight of the all-too narrow footing.

"Well, we are indeed unrestricted in this open area.." he gestured at the cavernous space.

"While I am not one to shy away from leading a skirmish-" he turned to Myria "-I believe that your particular ability will be best for dealing with those numbers," Vahn nodded to the fluttering above. As for the path forward, he didn't believe he would have much issue, depending on the viscosity of the whitish substance coating the ledge.

Edited by Kaymithe (see edit history)
Name
DC(2) Athletics Check
[-,0,+,+] +4 = 5
fate(4) -1,0,1,1
(Boost) Helping Hand, Up for Grabs
5+0

Olenna Griffon

FP: OX

HIGH CONCEPT: The Young and Passionate Duelist of the Eastern Circle

TROUBLE: The cure to petrification is in the tower, somewhere.. 

ASPECT: The Legendary Charged Rapier 

SKILLS

• +4 Deceive
  • +3 Fight, Will 
  • +2 Shoot, Athletics, Empathy 
  • +1 Rapport, Provoke, Resources, Crafts

STRESS  P: OOO M: OOO OO

[2: ] [4:  ] [6:  ] 

STUNTS: Remaining Refresh 2/3

Acrobatic Movement: Due to Olenna gains a +2 to Overcome Actions regarding Movement using the Athletics Skill. 

Evasion: Olenna has an amazing ability to remain unharmed when caught within the blast radius of an explosion. +2 to defend with Athletics against area attacks.

Song of Storms: When Olenna is weilding the Charged Rapier Once per engagement she is able to swing her sword towards the sky and create a "Thunder Storm" Aspect on the zone with one free invoke. This storm lasts until the end of the engagement or until it is narratively overcome. 

Lighting Dance: When Olenna is wielding the Charged Rapier she gains a +2 to all melee based defense actions using Fight. 

Magnetic Attraction:  The Charged Rapier is extremely dangerous against Metal Objects and when used against something metal gain a +2 Weapon Value upon successful attacks. 

spacer.png

Olenna would follow behind Vahn with relative ease. 

Edited by Ryku (see edit history)
Name
Athletics Roll 
[0,0,+,+] +1 = 3
fate(1) 0,0,1,1

Markus

Concept 

Cartographer

Trouble 

People pick fights with me

Aspect 

Quiver of Tricks

Aspect 

In search of FFF (Fame, Fortune, oh and Father)

FATE  💛💛💛

REFRESH 3undefined

SKILLS

(+4) Craft
(+3) Shoot, Notice
(+2) Lore, Athletics, Deceive
(+1) Investigate, Resources, Contacts, Rapport

BODY  ❤️❤️❤️

MIND  💙💙💙

Guild Reputation: Iron 

Stunts

Walking Bestiary "I know what that is, I practically wrote the book on it!" +2 to all lore rolls related to monsters and beasts.

Flash ShotWhen using flash arrows to create an advantage, Markus gains an additional invoke of the 'Blinded' aspect upon success against the affected targets.

Angle of AdvantageBeing able to judge distances precisely, Markus gains a +2 to shoot when he is on the 'High Ground'.

Items

BowAn ornate bow that looks well upkept.

Large SatchelHolds a selection of books, scrolls and other things people deem unnecessary to bring on adventures.

rope and grappleStandard climbing gear that can be used in combination with the bow to rappel certain obstacles

Contacts

Apollo LibraryHigher levels of reputation with the Apollo Library allow one to call upon various benefits.

"markus.png.b9e7e5961383a1ef633100837b025bb3.pngToo easy." Markus grinned as he confidently walked the ledge paying it not much mind. No sooner had he uttered the words did he stumble, nearly falling into the chasm.

He instinctively threw his arms back to try and regain his balance and Vahn yanked him back to safety instantly as if he already knew this was going to happen. "Perhaps it was time to quit fooling around," he thought to himself. Catching his breath, Markus thanked Vahn for the hand.

Edited by Gambitt
used Vahn's helping hand (see edit history)
Name
Athletics Roll
[-,+,-,+] +2 = 2
fate(2) -1,1,-1,1
Invoke Cartographer
2+2
used boost instead of invoke

Myria of Blades

• [2] ---
  • [4] ---
  • [6] ---

(+4) Fight
(+3) Provoke, Shoot

Parry Everything: Your hand-eye coordination is superb, and perhaps you could even deflect a bullet with your weapon. You may use Fight to defend against Shoot attacks.

Army on the Edge of My Blade: You take no penalty—and grant no bonus—for being outnumbered, no matter how preposterous the numbers.

Riposte: If you succeed with style on a Fight defense, you can choose to inflict a 2-shift hit rather than take a boost.

Animator: When you animate something, your animation now starts with one skill at Average (+1) and a 1-point stress box. You can also exchange any free invokes received for both a skill at Average (+1) and a 1- point stress box for your animated being. If an animated being has multiple skills at Average (+1), they can be combined to increase their power, as can stress boxes. So, if you exchange two free invokes, you can receive one Skill at Fair (+2) or two skills at Average (+1), along with one 2-point stress box or two 1- point stress boxes.

In Tandem: When someone targets your animated creature with a physical attack, and you and your animated creature are in the same zone, you may defend against that attack in place of your animated creature.

spacer.pngMyria braved the challenging ledge, with its slick and stinky coating--- if she had to hazard a guess, it was the work of the bats fluttering above, so in a way they were the cause of both hazards they would be challenging. For a moment she wondered what she should do should she slip and fall, since her footwork still had much to improve on compared to her swordplay, but her balance held.

There was still, of course, the matter of the leathery pests eyeing them above, whether hanging about on the ceiling or flying. Fighting one of them was sure to be easy, but their sheer amount made them a threat. Even if she brought to bear all the swords she could muster, she was not sure she could swat them all--- and so perhaps it would be a matter of intimidation instead. A battle in the mind, rather than in the flesh.

Menacingly she brandished her floating swords at them, and with a glare dared them to attack her. For a moment they seemed they were cowed, almost afraid, but a few daredevils among them screeched and bared their fangs in turn, almost daunting Myria herself. But with the support of her fellows, and the promise of fists and swords and arrows, they soon backed out.

Edited by Cloudheart (see edit history)
Name
DC 2 Athletics
[+,+,0,0] +1 = 3
fate(1) 1,1,0,0
Myria Provoke with Teamwork Round 1
[0,+,+,-] +5 = 6
fate(5) 0,1,1,-1
Bats Will
[-,0,+,0] +2 = 2
fate(2) -1,0,1,0
Myria Provoke with Teamwork Round 2
[+,-,-,+] +5 = 5
fate(5) 1,-1,-1,1
Bats Will
[0,0,+,-] +2 = 2
fate(2) 0,0,1,-1
Myria Provoke with Teamwork Round 3
[-,-,-,-] +5 = 1
fate(5) -1,-1,-1,-1
Bats Will
[-,+,0,+] +2 = 3
fate(2) -1,1,0,1
Myria Provoke with Teamwork Round 4
[-,-,-,0] +5 = 2
fate(5) -1,-1,-1,0
Bats Will
[-,0,0,0] +2 = 1
fate(2) -1,0,0,0

You have entered the upper mines. This entire cavern is dimly lit by a fiery pit in the center. The guardian's attention is elsewhere and he has yet to notice you. Large boulders and crumbling structures scattered throughout the area provide cover from his baleful gaze.

Swaying Rope Bridge

Yea, This Looks Safe
Strange Humming Sound

Stone Ledge

Shortcut to Bats
Pitch Black Mineshafts

Cobwebbed Catwalk

Dark Side Passages
Piled Dirt Mounds

Chamber of Bones

Oversized Furniture
Remnants of Past Meals
Deeper into the Mines

Cyclopean Workshop

Fiery Pit
Blazing Heat
Glittering Gemstones

Mushroom Grove

Giant Mushrooms
Thick Swirling Mist
Deeper into the Mines

Your efforts fend off the giant bats long enough to proceed without issue. Leaving them behind, you emerge onto a wide ledge that offers a sweeping view of an immense cavern. Below you a fiery pit in the center casts flickering shadows on the rugged rock walls and fills the air with smoke. A hulking figure is crouched before it - the gigantic Sisyphus, engrossed in some unknown taskWatching closely, you see Sisyphus lower one arm into the pit, retrieving its fiery contents and slathering them across the face of a massive boulder, tracing some pattern along its surface with a blackened thumb. He appraises the cooling results with the trained eye of an artisan.. He appears formidable but also completely absorbed in his own world, remaining unaware of your presence in the recesses above.

Your ledge encircles the chamber, providing a vantage point to observe the scene below. Here and there are ramps leading downward, providing access to the lower levels and the center of the chamber. Strangely patterned boulders and scattered ruins provide limited cover throughout the area, potentially serving as strategic positions should the need arise. There is no sign of the dungeon core; it must rest somewhere deeper in the uncharted reaches of the mines.

Exploration and Sisyphus 

This scene gives the party multiple zones to choose from, each with its own path leading downward. Toggle the spoiler above for more details! Sisyphus has an aggression track with six stress slots - any action taken by intruders that would draw his attention fills the track by one. Some examples include making noise, moving around with lights, or a single round of combat. The guardian will interrupt whatever the party is doing once the track is filled.

Dim Light and Darkness 

Poor lighting raises the difficulty of all tasks by one. You can only flee or riddle in darkness - you cannot read, draw, fight, search, or cast spells on others.

Edited by Fiffin (see edit history)

Vahn

(+4) Athletics

(+3) Empathy, Fight

Original Stunt:

[2] Mild

[4] Moderate

[6] Severe

[8] Physical

spacer.png

"Well done.." Vahn said in a tone that was almost a whisper.

"I must admit that, hearing of the cyclops, there was some desire to face it in battle, but that.." he glanced at the beast below as it fashioned stone with liquid flame and bare of hand. No simple strike would even phase such a thing and Vahn feared that his fists would met little, if not less than that of a hindrance.

"Let us not attract its ire; we must focus on the task at hand.." with that, he clasped both hands in silent prayer - not a bold clap, as he was oft observed to perform, but no more than a simple joining. As always, his prayers seemed bereft of words.

Name
Create Advantage, Sight - Eye of Night
[-,-,+,-] +3 = 1
fate(3) -1,-1,1,-1

Myria of Blades

• [2] ---
  • [4] ---
  • [6] ---

(+4) Fight
(+3) Provoke, Shoot

spacer.pngIt needed not be said that Myria thought similarly as their pugilist; in fact, perhaps she desired to come to blows with the cyclops even more so than him. Rather than give words to her thoughts and feelings, she merely shuddered, thrilled, to be this close to the humongous monster; it took her a moment to compose herself, to refocus on the mission. Perhaps the chance to tangle with the beast would come, but she should not seek it. She readied her stolen implement that she procured specifically for it, just in case.

Vahn feels an absence, as if the spirit of Aku were distracted, and his silent prayer goes unanswered.

You have entered the upper mines. This entire cavern is dimly lit by a fiery pit in the center. The guardian's attention is elsewhere and he has yet to notice you. Large boulders and crumbling structures scattered throughout the area provide cover from his baleful gaze.

Swaying Rope Bridge

Yea, Looks Safe
Strange Humming

Stone Ledge

Shortcut to Bats
Pitch Black Mineshafts

Cobwebbed Catwalk

Snaking Side Passages

Chamber of Bones

Oversized Furniture
Remnants of Past Meals
Deeper into the Mines

Cyclopean Workshop

Fiery Pit
Blazing Heat
Glittering Gemstones

Mushroom Grove

Giant Mushrooms
Thick Swirling Mist
Deeper into the Mines

In the end, you avoid descending into the center and follow the ledge circling the chamber. A wide chasm separates you and the ramp leading down, its gap spanned by a rope bridge. The worn wooden planks creak and groan with every step, but they hold, and you carefully make your way forward.

The humming grows louder when the rest of your party is only halfway across. A figure appears slumped against the wall on the shadowy ledge ahead.

Overcome: Something Amiss 

Choose someone to lead the way - whoever crosses first must overcome Notice +4 to recognize the imminent danger. Other party members may provide teamwork or create advantages. Lighting torches at any point will lower the difficulty to +3 but fills the aggression track by one.