Treasure we ended up with.

Excior

3 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I'm really not trying to be difficult, but this is what I see in my book. It does not say flail; dart and then handaxe.

Am I using an incorrect version or something?

spacer.png

I have this same version.

Although I'm happy to go with Draidden's. I doubt there would be a knight in the world that didn't know how to use a flail.

I have two copies of the PDF rules, plus a hard copy and the Quick start rules. The quick start and one PDF omit flails from the Warrior list, but my other PDF has it there. Interesting!

My hard cover has flails as well.

Okay, official Cailano ruling: warriors CAN use flails.

4 hours ago, Dixi said:

My bad, took all this discussion of chaotic Lord as an explanation for the weapon's alignment. Even better then.

Ok, let's see what we have here.

Name Class Weapon Armour Special Item
Thugnar Dwarf Axe - Malok Armour (magical?)
Lyra Thief

Staff

Short bow

Elf made short sword

- Elven cloak (magical?)
Molly Thief

Sling

Short sword (Elf made?)

-

silver rings set with Emeralds

a rune emblazoned silk tabard

1 steel flask filled with some sort of liquid (healing?)

Tabitha Warrior

-

(Had spear and dagger?)

- -
Helge Cleric - - -
Bernard Warrior Long sword Chainmail -

Spear characters:

Name Class Weapon Armour Special Item
Obraun Warrior Long sword - Malok's flail (magical)
Bar ?

Short bow

Mace

- -
Hugo Halfling Short sword - -

Is this correct? Then the questions about re-arranging weapons (does Molly need a sling with a potentially magical shortsword in hand?), leaving flail for the current group and the possibility to reshape Malok's armour remain.

Since Molly has a -2 to hit with the short sword. I think he will keep his sling for now

Very interesting! In my full version flail too is not mentioned in the list of warriors' weapons, but (!) in the "Mighty Deed of Arm" section of the warrior's description it says: "...When locked in mortal melee, their mighty deeds of arms turn the course of battle: a brazen bull rush to push back the enemy lines, a swinging flail to entangle the beastman’s sword arm, or a well-placed dagger through the enemy knight’s visor."

Would a Thief still use Strengh for melee attack modifiers? Backstabbing goes with tief skills modifiers, but what about the direct attack? Found!

"Action dice: A thief uses his action dice for any normal activity, including attacks and skill checks."

Excior So, Molly can use the sword without penalties and give Helge the only ranged weapon she can use. Would he? Otherwise, Helge either does not fight or we send our only healer into melee (with mace).

Draidden Did you decide if you leave the magical flail to the group or send it away with Obraum?

Edited by Dixi (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Dixi said:

Very interesting! In my full version flail too is not mentioned in the list of warriors' weapons, but (!) in the "Mighty Deed of Arm" section of the warrior's description it says: "...When locked in mortal melee, their mighty deeds of arms turn the course of battle: a brazen bull rush to push back the enemy lines, a swinging flail to entangle the beastman’s sword arm, or a well-placed dagger through the enemy knight’s visor."

Would a Thief still use Strengh for melee attack modifiers? Backstabbing goes with tief skills modifiers, but what about the direct attack? Found!

"Action dice: A thief uses his action dice for any normal activity, including attacks and skill checks."

Excior So, Molly can use the sword without penalties and give Helge the only ranged weapon she can use. Would he? Otherwise, Helge either does not fight or we send our only healer into melee (with mace).

Draidden Did you decide if you leave the magical flail to the group or send it away with Obraum?

Molly would use his action die and also take the penalty for his low strength.

10 minutes ago, cailano said:

Molly would use his action die and also take the penalty for his low strength.

A pity 😞 Not for backstabbing, though, right?

Still, Helge and Tabitha need weapons. We have a spear, a mace, and potentially - a flail (should Obraun leave it to the group), a short sword (from Hugo or Molly/Lyra should they wish to share), a staff (if Lyra shares) and Tabitha had a dagger at some point.

Just now, Draidden said:

According to the DM it would still be on the boat. So he dropped it before taking a swim.

Perfect! So, we have the magical flail too until Obraun is back. (And we did decide warriors are proficient with flails, right?)

2 hours ago, Dixi said:

Molly will not give up his sling, not at this point. a sling only costs 2 GP perhaps we can haggle one for 1 gp

So, it sounds like we're stuck with what we've got (and some of it, like the armor made for a 7' tall creature, is useless for the moment). At the least, Tabby and Helge should get the spear and mace, as they need real weapons.

Next, shall we roll off now for who wants to claim what? Perhaps d100 with highest roll being the winner?

• Molan's flail
  • Molan's armor
  • Silk tabard
  • Elf-made short sword
  • Elf-made short sword with gems
  • Ring with gem #1
  • Ring with gem #2
  • Steel flask w/unknown liquid

This is the list, unless you want to keep with "laying claim" to an item, in which case those of us without claim on an item ought to just get to pick something to have before we roll. We can't have it both ways; I'm trying to be fair, but some of us don't have a lick of loot and others are decked out in it.

Just because you had your character grab them does not make them yours. The rings, if not magical, and the tabard if it is worth anything, are basically money and their value should be divided evenly between everyone. I am torn on the short sword with gems because it is a weapon, but with the gems it makes it a lot more valuable than a normal sword. Don't want to take a weapon, but also if it is that valuable it is likely all your guy would get as his share.

I am not a big fan of saying that just because your character picked up and carried something, that it belongs to them. Especially not in PBP as that means the first person to post can just take all the loot.

16 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Just because you had your character grab them does not make them yours. The rings, if not magical, and the tabard if it is worth anything, are basically money and their value should be divided evenly between everyone. I am torn on the short sword with gems because it is a weapon, but with the gems it makes it a lot more valuable than a normal sword. Don't want to take a weapon, but also if it is that valuable it is likely all your guy would get as his share.

I am not a big fan of saying that just because your character picked up and carried something, that it belongs to them. Especially not in PBP as that means the first person to post can just take all the loot.

all  through out this game My PC's gave up their stuff to others so we could get through to the end. Molly found the gem encrusted short sword and the rings it was not just laying out for all to see. I searched those areas while others were doing other things. 

I will give up the ring and the tabard but not the gem encrusted short sword

otherwise we can sell all of it magical or other wise and split the gold.