"Followed" games shortcut?

Ok, so maybe I'm just missing something, but I "Followed" a game I'd like to apply to, but I can find nowhere that actually gives me a link to that game. On the old/current site, when you follow a game/forum it adds it to your "My Games" list on the top right, so you have a link to the game right on the home page (and can see if it has new posts).

I saw something about there being a "My Games" sidebar on Baldr, but only if you're in a game. That apparently doesn't show up if you just follow a game (I don't know if/how the site differentiates a game you're "in" vs. a game you're just following). Even on the "Manage Followed Content" page from the settings dropdown, it doesn't show up. I followed one of the threads/forums within the game and it at least shows up in the "Manage Followed Content" page under "Forums," but still no easy shortcut.

I'm a big fan of easy accessibility/"less clicks" design on sites, so I hope there are plans to add links to followed content/games on the Home page rather than having to dig through several layers of menus/pages to find that content (which certainly diminishes the value of following it in the first place).

PigLick

I think the link you are looking for is here: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/followed/

Click on your username (top right) --> "Manage Followed Content"

But that isn't going to get you what you got on the old site, not yet anyway. Also, I don't think you can follow a "Game," only content within a game (Topics, Forums, Members, etc.).

[Edit] - When you follow the "Overview" page of a game, it does not appear that content aggregates anywhere (that I can find). I.e., there is no list of all the Overview pages you have "followed" like there is for Topics or Forums (using the link above).

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Butchern said:

[Edit] - When you follow the "Overview" page of a game, it does not appear that content aggregates anywhere (that I can find). I.e., there is no list of all the Overview pages you have "followed" like there is for Topics or Forums (using the link above).

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Since the Overview page is sort of the "Home" or Main page for a game, it makes sense to Follow that instead of one of the topics/threads within the game to keep track of a game.

42 minutes ago, PigLickJF said:

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Since the Overview page is sort of the "Home" or Main page for a game, it makes sense to Follow that instead of one of the topics/threads within the game to keep track of a game.

For what it's worth, you can make whatever game tab you want to be the "home" page by moving it to the front of the navigation bar. First thing I tried to do was find a way to delete the *coughuselesscough* Overview tab, but, alas, it isn't going anywhere.

But I'm with you, I'm glad the gurus are working on a revamp/plug-in to the "My Games" and subscription setup.

Yah, I guess it partly has to do with the difference in how game forums are set up. On the old site, there's the (as you said, largely useless/unused) "Game Profile" tab op on the top left, but then there's the "Main Threadgroup" screen with the subforums on the sidebar. I suppose it just depends on how the GM sets up the forums, but the lack of a sort of "Main Screen" for a game other than the Overview screen feels a little weird. I'm sure it's mostly just something to get used to though.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about moving a tab tot he front of the navigation bar. It seems that's something I haven't figured out how to do yet, lol.

The game navigation bar (either on the top or the sidebar, depending on what they decide) that has all the game tabs (Overview, Members, plus all the tabs you create for your game), can be reorganized into whatever order you want them to be in ("Manage Game" --> "Reorder Menu"). Whichever tab you move into the first position (default is "Overview) becomes the tab that automatically opens when someone views your game. If you want that to be the game threads, you can move the "Topics" tab you created for your game into the first position, making that the default or "landing" tab for the game.

Yes, I just noticed that in your screenshot in the other thread. It looks like only the game creator can do that? When I opened some games I didn't see the "Manage Game" button, but admittedly I haven't looked around much yet. Still, that's a cool feature to be able to reorder the tabs.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think we'll be able to set up a follow mechanic directly for games (it's not implemented in the underlying club feature in Invision). The most likely path of attack is another member status ("Applied","Interest", or some such) that would be available when the game is advertising, and purged when (after) the advertisement ends.

@ColinIf game advertisements aren't already on the Trello, add them. And then add this as a to-do.

Alternatively, is there any way to "Subscribe" to a Public game so that it's added to your "My Games" list (as on OGMW)? When I first wrote this I wasn't fully aware of the different types of games. The only game I'm following on this site right now is, at least for the moment, set to a Public game. As such, it doesn't appear on my My Games list, so there's no easy way for me to tell if there are new posts. I know public games are expected to be the outliers rather than the norm, but it would still be nice to be able to somehow add them to one's My Games list. (Or perhaps there is a way that I just haven't discovered).

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

If game advertisements aren't already on the Trello, add them.

Game ads section is part of the roadmap we’ve already got written down, I’ll add the bit about a member status as a possible though.