AI

OzzyKP

9 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

Nigthcafe is really good at landscapes and has some really good preset styles.

This would be very handy for systems that don't necessarily come with representative art, like Mörg Borg or when I ran Maze Rats (or really any fantasy game I've ever run because I always make my own).

Still haven't peeked at it; how does it fare with inputs? I.E. does it get overwhelmed in the details or can it handle minor stuff like "a grove of trees on one side of the mountain" and not mess it up?

Its usually actually better the more specific you can be. I think the difference between the two for me is that nightcafe lets you 'evolve' one image over and over by adding more and more details over time until you get what you want. But Playground lets you use 'inpainting' to only regenerate parts of an image which is cool

Using one image as an input and then getting similar images is a very useful way to iterate closer to what you want. Inpainting is also super-useful because you often get something that's mostly pretty cool but it's mucked up the hands or just put some weird thing in. Sometimes you're fine just to generate more similar images or get it to iterate for a few more steps, but if it's just one small area then masking it out and regenerating is probably the way to go.

I've found in general that complex compositions don't work so well, or at least it doesn't pay attention to the details and doesn't understand positioning. If you said for example "a grove of trees on the left side of the mountain" you'd probably get a mountain and trees but I don't know that they could be arranged as you want. img2img is really great for this, too; you can do a sketch of what you want and then get it to figure out all the details.