spacer.png

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2789804

Name Ragnar

Race Half orc

Gender Male

Class Monk

Archetypes Lifting hand, maneuver master

Multiclassing option Standard

Clothing. Simple clean clothing, favoring very practical brown and green colors.

Hair. Ragnar has short brown hair that tends to stick upwards.

Eyes. His eyes are reasonably wide, though he may tend to squint if something is off into the distance, or if there is bright sunlight.  

Skin. Ragnar has rough, tanned skin, from spending a lot of time outdoors. Climbing, swimming, picking herbs.

Summary. A reasonably athletic half orc man, with a lantern jaw. His eyes are active, scanning his environment.

Mood. The half orc tends to keep fairly level in mood, reacting with curiosity when something interests him. He does tend to be reserved and focused when going about his daily tasks, and will typically not initiate conversation with people he is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with.

Objectives. He aims to lead a simple life, helping out others with medical attention when needed, furthering their objectives.

Voice. His voice tends to be deep, though he is usually soft spoken unless angry, enthusiastic, or wanting to get someones attention.

Expressiveness. Typically reserved, he does express himself through song and poetry, though he typically keeps that to himself for the most part. His daily routine usually includes basic stretching and athletic activity of some sort, whether climbing, body weight exercises, manual labor or similar acts.

Dream

I know not where the tide may go

But far and wide, the ebb and flow

Pushes, pulls my memories deep

Recollections fly, they cannot keep

Winding a bandage around the arm of his injured compatriot, Ragnar pauses to comment.

"Alright, that should be tight enough. Take care not to jostle it too much."

"Pffft. You worry too much. Should be right in no time." Vague outline of a body gets up and moves towards the door.

"I got the herbs you asked for. Next time be more specific. Laurel said I almost picked the wrong ones."

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

The only thing I see is to make the correction for the EITR feat tax rules... You have "Improved Grapple" as your chosen bonus feat.  You'll want to exchange that for "Powerful Maneuvers", and make the necessary adjustments to your sheet.   

Other than that, everything looks good.  You're more than welcome to participate in the IC chat, but it's completely optional.  Feel free to continue making changes to your sheet or app.  Just let me know if anything major changes.            

Hi Eborne1! 😀

Thanks for your reply! I looked but did not see Improved Grapple amongst the changes in EITR.

Improved Bull Rush, Improved Drag, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder

Gone. Replaced with Powerful Maneuvers.

Powerful Maneuvers

New. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a bull rush, drag, overrun, or sunder combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks with these combat maneuvers. Now a prerequisite for the relevant greater combat maneuver feats.

The same deal as Deft Maneuvers. More combat maneuvers at a lower feat investment is just a good idea all around.

I do notice that there is a comment in the section below by Darkwombat and a reply by Zrog.

DarkWombat

What about Improved Grapple?

Zrog

I would venture to guess that Improved Grapple remains unchanged. I personally think Improved Unarmed is a great feat by itself (especially when DMs like to capture PCs), so I can understand leaving that tree unchanged.

If you are house ruling differently or if I have missed something please let me know. I was tempted by Deft maneuversDeft Maneuvers

New. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a trip, disarm, dirty trick, feint, reposition, or steal combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks with these combat maneuvers. Now a prerequisite for the relevant greater combat maneuver feats.
but Savage Slam and Whirling Hold both work off grappling. Appreciate the comment about the IC thread, I might post there later if I get a chance.

Well heck... you're quite right.  I do tend to see the forest for the trees most of the time and I guess I figured all the combat maneuvers were divided into either Powerful or Deft and never looked close enough to notice otherwise.  But you are correct sir.  

I feel the combined feats are a very powerful set of changes, so I will stick with the way it is written and how you've recorded it on your sheet. (w/ grapple separate)

In this case... I see nothing in need of further attention.    

11 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Well heck... you're quite right.  I do tend to see the forest for the trees most of the time and I guess I figured all the combat maneuvers were divided into either Powerful or Deft and never looked close enough to notice otherwise.  But you are correct sir.  

I feel the combined feats are a very powerful set of changes, so I will stick with the way it is written and how you've recorded it on your sheet. (w/ grapple separate)

In this case... I see nothing in need of further attention.    

Cool, thanks for letting me know. 😀

Actually now that you have brought it to my attention, I think I will change to deft maneuvers, if that is okay with you. Makes for more varied combat options and could always attempt a normal grapple even it provokes an attack of opportunity if I want to use savage slam the next turn.