Feature Request: Editor button to remove <p> tags OR update to "remove format" button

I usually hate using <p> tags because of the inherent margins it uses. But they are added whenever you hit enter in a new area (for instance, a new table cell).

This is fine behavior--but you can't undo it. (I'm not talking about control+z).

Once you have a <p> tag in an area, it's annoying to remove it unless you edit the source (and if your code is long, it's still annoying). As a coder by trade, I can do it just fine. But trying to explain to non-coders how to do such a thing just feels way too extra.

I'd like to request a button that removes literally all of the formatting and tags, full-stop. I recommend just updating the "remove format" button since that is kind of the idea behind it. (if there's already a way to do this, I'd love to know about it)

Thanks!

I'll give you a visual example and then explain.

Item #1

Item #2
Item #3 Item #4
Item #5 Item #6

Let's say I accidentally hit Enter after I finished "Item #1"; it creates a <p> tag around the item (as it's designed to do). It now doesn't match the rest of my items.

There is no way to get rid of that extra spacing without modifying the CSS of the tag or just editing source to remove the tag. A button would just make that process faster.

OK. Wrapping tags are a bit different than formatting, in that we're having to consider the parent elements and whether they affect the style of the child in any way, but I'll think about it some and see what percolates out.

It is, however, the "remove format" button works on <b> and <i> tags, as well as stripping out CSS that aligns elements, to name a few. I figured removing a <p> tag would follow a similar process.

I understand this could have future implications. I appreciate you looking into it all the same!