General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

On 1/25/2024 at 1:01 PM, Whitleyrr said:

Yes, we are out of initiative order now. It has a fly speed of 60 ft per turn, I don't think Dalin is faster than that...

Ah, I thought she got close enough to swing the previous round so was already there. I guess that makes the natural 1 on her attack even more embarrassing. :D

P.S. Sorry for slowness, work's been rough this week... I should be better next week!

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Guess this must be Jozelle's moment. 20 on her investigation.

Woo hoo!

I almost think we should wait to see what Ren's perception check turns up, then use the investigation roll on that, assuming there is anything. Unless, of course, our illustrious DM has another idea!

On 1/26/2024 at 5:05 PM, ariel said:

Ah, I thought she got close enough to swing the previous round so was already there. I guess that makes the natural 1 on her attack even more embarrassing. :D

It’s less that than it is, well, go to your garage or shed, get an axe, and then go try to hit a bird with it….

😂

Edited by Whitleyrr (see edit history)

The scrolls and books represent a variety of languages, but the scroll Alban read was in common. The boxes have Infernal script on them, but your character don’t know that, only that they can’t read it.

Ok, Dalin did cast comprehend languages from her earring before entering the room in case she heard the creatures speak... not sure anyone would have caught her saying that and direct her to helping out on those scripts, but it is a possibility. :)

@Peacemonger and @Whitleyrr to be clear, I'm not expecting any actual outcome of Alban trying to 'hire' Jozelle here, he's just moving to allay his fears of both the world and her in the best way he knows, and any agreement reached would be occuring after their current employ with the mage has ended (i.e. beyond the scope of the story in the happily ever afters...)

@Whitleyrr: Would Ren's perception check or Jozelle's investigation check have shown what's inside any of the crates? I'm thinking (with a bit of trepidation) that it's worth seeing what the crates contain, but don't want to post about that if we already know.

I'll make a perception roll on the dice-rolling thread "just in case". I'm not expecting them to be trapped, but ya never know, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

EDIT: I went ahead and added inspecting the crate to the post. I can always delete that later if need be.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

Not a bit deal, but when Ren detected magic - Dalin's pack would also have "glowed". And, it has likely occurred to Alban and Jozelle that Dalin has pulled more out of it than should probably fit. :D

Or not. Probably just one of those working class things. Taught to always have everything you your boss might need 😉

Though you raise a good point - obvious as it may be, given there's effectively a movie playing across them with the sillouetted corvids rising from the sillouetted forest , and one time actually erupting out the robe (when we went to the estate), Alban's robes are magical.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

I ask a variation on this question a while back, but the question was for whatever reason missed (and I am not blaming anyone here, just observing that it was missed), so I am going to try again.

Hassatan is a CE deity, but devils are LE creatures. If the portal opens to Hassatan's realm, is there any significance to the fact that we are seeing creatures who are not in their 'home' realm (i.e. Zkazit's realm)?

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

According to Alban, the creatures are indeed devils and there is nothing unusual with them being in Hassatan's realm, as both Hassatan and Zkazit truck with devils. He believes demons are Kavaalta's servants of choice.

I suspect any knowledge in support or contrary to that would likely appear in your private thread ;)

2 hours ago, tbgg said:

Hassatan is a CE deity, but devils are LE creatures. If the portal opens to Hassatan's realm, is there any significance to the fact that we are seeing creatures who are not in their 'home' realm (i.e. Zkazit's realm)?

This is one of those times where it is important to remember that this is a heavily narrative based game and one whose chief rule is “have fun.”

Your characters know nothing about alignment, what’s in a monsters manual, or a dm’s handbook, in other words.