General Q&A

Sirdi

26 minutes ago, Mild Scribe said:

Well that was one of my werewolf questions down here's a few more:

• Does gear (specifically armor+shields) drop to the ground when shifting to Wolf Form? Or is there some kind of penalty until Doffed?
  • Does possessing Claws imply still having hands at some level?
  • Similarly no speaking but somatic components yay or nay? (Ex: Primal Savagery only has Somatic) 

Gear shifts with you, but due to magic reasons, it simply melds into your form. This doesn't give any kind of buff, its just so that you don't have to constantly pick up your stuff after you shift.

Yes, you still have hands instead of proper paws, though they are quite furry.

Somatic components are a yay.

11 minutes ago, Sirdi said:

Gear shifts with you, but due to magic reasons, it simply melds into your form. This doesn't give any kind of buff, its just so that you don't have to constantly pick up your stuff after you shift.

Yes, you still have hands instead of proper paws, though they are quite furry.

Somatic components are a yay.

Thanks a bunch.

I asked because the description says gear "isn't transformed" right now.

48 minutes ago, Mild Scribe said:

Thanks a bunch.

I asked because the description says gear "isn't transformed" right now.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out to me. The information is updated now.

So! Some Ranger questions -

Are we going to be travelling in primarily one(ish) terrain? And would the benefits of Natural Explorer be problematic, if I were to select the correct terrain? (e.g., cannot get non-magically lost, automatic food, no difficult overworld terrain)

Or would Deft Explorer (the alternative feature(s)) be more appropriate?

44 minutes ago, Morhgor said:

So! Some Ranger questions -

Are we going to be travelling in primarily one(ish) terrain? And would the benefits of Natural Explorer be problematic, if I were to select the correct terrain? (e.g., cannot get non-magically lost, automatic food, no difficult overworld terrain)

Or would Deft Explorer (the alternative feature(s)) be more appropriate?

You will be traveling on one terrain for the most part, though I can't see it being problematic if you do select the correct terrain. I'd say go with whichever feels right for your character. I will say we are in South-East Goboan in this adventure, so the terrain is mainly forest and some desert here and there.

Cool, just wanted to be sure, because this was described as an expedition and I started thinking of Tomb of Annihlation¹, where if a Ranger could pick Jungle it'd streamline the exploring right past a bunch of intended complications; getting lost, getting slowed down, managing daily supplies, etc.

¹Haven't played it, but have read reviews/discussion of.