Character Discussion

Sirdi

I'll start off the questions, I suppose!

Mild Scribe, would you like to coordinate Aropulian Werewolf stories?

I've been writing toward a Colalima/Aropilou character story to make a sort of Eagle's Empyrean (Sunless Skies) or Neon Kamigawa (M:tG) style idea, based on magipunk (Coli) + Korea (Arop). But I'm still flexible on it.

Haruki, it looks like you're a Dex Fighter, and since I'm trying to decide between focusing on range or melee myself¹; are you thinking of frontlining or archery?

(Also, would you like to start on the character introductions puzzle?)

¹ Trying to puzzle out if I'm going into Rogue, really.

Hi @Morhgor!

I'm thinking of mostly front-lining, but she would be capable of archery if the situation calls for it. 

I would love to start on the character introductions puzzle. ^_^

EDIT: I've already rolled on the table Sirdi provided in the Character Creation and posted the results in my Character thread.

@tyrtaeus @Mild Scribe

Do you want to discuss character connections as well? ^_^

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

I keep waffling over how I want to source my own ranged attacks, haha. (Invest in throwing weapons? Inevitable Xbow Xpert? Hope for a gun + Gunner? A longbow as well?)

I have a chunk of backstory now, and also rolled introductions for fun; but I don't know that the Godae-Lorilei one is particularly usable. So, if we go by your roll, it's a matter of necessary skill sharing. Hm.

Sure!  I think I'm going Vampire/ Dvati bard of whispers, so I think theyre gonna be primarily a face and party healer/buffer characters with their songs and stories.

Parallax and her sister Xallarap, moody vampire teenagers with immortal souls and a love for music.  

15 minutes ago, Morhgor said:

I keep waffling over how I want to source my own ranged attacks, haha. (Invest in throwing weapons? Inevitable Xbow Xpert? Hope for a gun + Gunner? A longbow as well?)

I have a chunk of backstory now, and also rolled introductions for fun; but I don't know that the Godae-Lorilei one is particularly usable. So, if we go by your roll, it's a matter of necessary skill sharing. Hm.

I think your roll of the Godae-Lorelei relationship might work. Lorelei does have a chunk of her past she doesn't quite remember before being on the ship in her backstory. Perhaps that could be a plot hook for mysteries from the DM? 

With the necessary skill sharing, Godae is good with on-land wilderness traveling while Lorelei's good with sea-based travel. Maybe that's how they need each other?

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

Looking forward to both!

And a previous Land/Sea adventure¹ is certainly a sensible reason for L&G to be going on another adventure together. The tattoo business requires more pondering.

¹Dungeon? Are there traditional D&D dungeons? ...Volcanic Pirate Island of the Lost Jade Something or Other (For groups of 2-4 novice adventurers)?

40 minutes ago, Morhgor said:

¹Dungeon? Are there traditional D&D dungeons? ...Volcanic Pirate Island of the Lost Jade Something or Other (For groups of 2-4 novice adventurers)?

To answer that question, there are plenty of dungeons left undiscovered or unmapped from before the time of the 12 Kingdoms. It's very common for adventurers to be hired to help clear dungeons in exchange for some of the loot and a sum of gold depending on the danger level of the dungeon.

Hi folks, looking forward to getting more of my character set up here. Mechanics are largely done, and I've got some ideas for his background. Xenk's gonna be from Cuhotou, although I don't have many details laid out yet. Once I get more of that down, I'd definitely be up for linking backstories.

Hello, hello!

You knew it was going to happen, so; the dragon riding (vampiric) dragon born dragon knight? That's just short of Double Dragon II.

... Anyway. I'm just slowly editing more & more stuff into my application. How's everyone else doing?

Edited by Morhgor (see edit history)

I'm finding it quite funny that at least half of you guys are playing vampires of some sort. I'm very interested in seeing how your characters react to finding out so many of you ended up in one place

So Sun is mostly ready with backstory in place. Basically I created a super nature enclave where everyone is a werewolf but her dumb butt got herself exiled for ten years for being stupid. she's five years in on a sort of open ended pilgrimage to learn to mellow out so plenty of flex time to have had adventures.

Could really get behind the idea we're an established party already.

I'm seeing several people with instruments and Sun has the viol, maybe we can double as a no-Cha band when adventuring isn't paying?

@Guardian Angel Haruki Could see Sun and Lorelei getting along since they're both out of their element and/or shapeshifters. Also maybe you ran into a shark one day and were very surprised when it turned into a person.

@Morhgor I guess this relationship depends on how well you Ross getting along with "real" werewolves. Also different takes on nature reverence Sun's druidism is meant to be flavored with Taoism and Buddhism. You look to be a better hunter though so that she respects for sure.

@relekorlagunis I'm guessing vampirism wasn't anything a pseudo-paladin of Bahamut chose?

@Sirdi Not often you get to play a vampire that doesn't just explode in sunlight.

1 hour ago, Mild Scribe said:

So Sun is mostly ready with backstory in place. Basically I created a super nature enclave where everyone is a werewolf but her dumb butt got herself exiled for ten years for being stupid. she's five years in on a sort of open ended pilgrimage to learn to mellow out so plenty of flex time to have had adventures.

Could really get behind the idea we're an established party already.

I'm seeing several people with instruments and Sun has the viol, maybe we can double as a no-Cha band when adventuring isn't paying?

@Guardian Angel Haruki Could see Sun and Lorelei getting along since they're both out of their element and/or shapeshifters. Also maybe you ran into a shark one day and were very surprised when it turned into a person.

@Morhgor I guess this relationship depends on how well you Ross getting along with "real" werewolves. Also different takes on nature reverence Sun's druidism is meant to be flavored with Taoism and Buddhism. You look to be a better hunter though so that she respects for sure.

@relekorlagunis I'm guessing vampirism wasn't anything a pseudo-paladin of Bahamut chose?

@Sirdi Not often you get to play a vampire that doesn't just explode in sunlight.

Very nice!

Lorelei does have proficiency with the Pan Flute, so she could provide the wind instrument.

I could see Lorelei and Sun getting along as well. She definitely would have been ready to fight off a shark, but stopped herself upon seeing that the shark is actually a person.

I also rolled on the table for Lorelei and Sun and got Relationship of Fate--We have identical copies of the same important trinket.

Does Sun have any important trinkets?