1. A Ship With No Sea

Sirdi

"Ah, of course Mr. Reaver, Jeremiah is an excellent cook. But to the matter at hand," The Lord takes a seat in a large armchair near the head of the small table. "To those of you that do not know, my name is Lord Wolfstein Almendrud, and I have been on the hunt for a group of adventurers brave enough to ride the Skycarver to our destination, and face whatever may come our way."

He frowns for a moment, before his jovial attitude resumes.

"Thus far, none have be brave enough to fly. I'll admit, I'm in dire need of adventurers at the moment, my last group quit when a demon portal opened on my last expedition, nasty business that was."

Lord Almendrud waves to Daniel to come forward, and you all look back to see Daniel holding several large bags, one for each of you.

"As promised, 500 gold coins each. Half to be paid beforehand, and you will receive the other half on our safe return to the Post."

• 2 weeks later...

Lorelei

AC : 17 | HP : 34/34 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception : 13 | Darkvision : 60' | Morph : Legs | Condition : Normal

Lorelei raised an eyebrow when the last group of adventurers had quit because of a demon portal opening on the last expedition. That was a fair reason for anyone to quit. The previous party must have gotten around if this Lord was having trouble finding other adventurers to take up the job.

She decided to ask, "Could you elaborate the demon portal part? Also, what will be facing on this adventure to the best of your knowledge? I would like to be able to prepare accordingly,"

Reliable Jack

AC : 16 | HP : 35/35 | Initiative : +0 | Passive Perception : 13

"Demon portal? Nasty business? Do pray tell. What happened, sir? Where might our destination be?" Jack looks up to the Headmaster whilst still stroking Oakwynd’s back.

"Daniel, the ever-reliable." Jack smiles and nods at the fellow, thanking him in advance. "I must admit. I haven’t seen one before. Demons, I mean. I’ve heard stories from our friend here." He gestures to Reaver. "I would love to compare notes."

"The data might not match properly. People do tend to have a hazy memory of times of distress. Probably a product of their imaginations, fabrications, tall tales, but that is what makes it more enticing." Jack’s mind slips as he wonders what a fight between a demon and a sea monster would look like.

• 2 weeks later...

Raith Reaver - Devil Warlockspacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Darkvision: 60', Devil's Sight: 120'

Raith takes the bag of gold and, without opening it, puts it in his backpack. He looks to the others to make sure they are still on board with this job. He, of course, still can barely contain his excitement. He has eaten the delicious sandwich, met their hosts, and participated in the pleasantries. Now he wants to start flying. He does his best to hide his anticipation.

"I think we are ready to see this ship. Tell us a little about this demon portal, though, so we can be ready. Demons are nasty creatures."

It looks like everyone else has the same concern about this demon portal.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Features

Hit Dice: 4/4d8

Spell Slots, 2nd: 2/2 SR

Disguise Self: 1/1 LR

Invisibility: 1/1 LR

Hellish Rebuke: 1/1 LR

Eris HP: 10/10 (+40' swim, my BA to attack, magic attack, +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing, 3d6 poison, DC14 Con for 1/2, my Rx to halve damage)

Darkvision 60'
Winged One: Flying Speed 30', 60' height
Devil: Devil's sight 120'
Resistance to poison and fire
Advantage on saves vs. poison
Resist nonmagical BPS except silvered
Adv on saves vs spells and magical effects
You are a fiend
Vulnerability to silver
Vulnerability to radiant damage

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh the demon portal was nothing serious, just a mining expedition gone a bit wayward, you know how these things go sometimes nowadays. Just leftover relics from before the Plague that get jostled about during excavations. As for where we will be headed, its a rather secluded desert area around the far-north of Goboan, in the Jereal region." Lord Almendrud waves his hand again, and David begins to grab several bags sitting to the side of the door. "You are welcome to follow David to the ship to get a grip on your air legs before we set out tomorrow morning." He chuckles at his own joke. "For now my butler Bianca will show you to your rooms for the night."

He rings a small bell that was on the table, and a short statured woman with green hair and pointed ears comes into the room.

"Bianca, show these fine fellows to their rooms and the bathroom would you?"

"Of course my lord," The Half-Goblin gives a short bow, then turns to the rest of you. "Follow me, I'll lead you to your rooms."

• 3 weeks later...

Lorelei

AC : 17 | HP : 34/34 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception : 13 | Darkvision : 60' | Morph : Legs | Condition : Normal

Lorelei didn't comment on how Lord Almendrud waved off the topic and dismissed again. She didn't press the topic. She was quiet as he invited the group to follow David to the airship to get their air legs, and called his butler, Bianca, to show them to their rooms.

"Thank you very much, Lord Almendrud. I'll also take up your invitation to follow David onto the airship, once I've put my belongings away for now," Lorelei thanked him politely before she followed Bianca.

She wanted to speak with Daniel more, and figured that she would be able to do so once she got onto the airship.